2013 - Coke Studio Session (02.05.2013)

DerMoment1608

I'm watching but I can't seem to record it. Sorry.

So far it's been entertaining -- they've picked Mika and Karol up separately and done a little interview with each of them about their backgrounds. Next they each went into a old phone box and recorded what their expectations of the day were -- they'll go in there again later to talk about the experience.

Now Karol is singing Skyfall. :thumb_yello:

I agree, it's been very entertaining, and I was glad to see it's in English/translated! :thumb_yello:

Hey everybody...

I found a link to watch the Coke Studio show tonight on MBC4 ! So it starts at 6 pm (UK Time), or 7 pm (French Time).

So anyone can record the new song and the show ? I can't because I haven't an internal microphone on my MacBook Pro :(

http://aflam4you.tv/channel/71-MBC%204.html

Vanessa said:

@tbwktm 12m

@krjsantos @/LeilaSellami is recording :)

:wink2:

oo that was fun!! :wub2:

I abs LOVED the fusion of relax - got it on replay on YT right now :aah:

Mika gave Karol's daughter an autographed toy mini-cooper...I think he's carrying this coop thing a bit too far :naughty:

I really enjoyed watching the show and their collaboration, the whole concept was very refreshing, and Stardust was breathtaking indeed :wub2: Everything seems to be on Youtube already :thumb_yello:

oo that was fun!! :wub2:

I abs LOVED the fusion of relax - got it on replay on YT right now :aah:

Mika gave Karol's daughter an autographed toy mini-cooper...I think he's carrying this coop thing a bit too far :naughty:

My first car was a mini, loved that car, passed my driving test because of it :wub2:

Yes, I was skeptical at the outset, but I have to say I really thought the concept worked. The arrangement of Relax was just perfect -- the strings and rhythm gave it that exotic, Middle Eastern feel perfectly. I really really like what they did with it. And of course it's always nice to see Mika interviewed and hear him sing -- that slower version of Stardust that he's been performing live is one of my very favorite songs of his, ever... even better than the album version. :wub2:

And how nice of them to have everything online so promptly! Talk about organized! Love that! :thumb_yello:

Absolutely loved it! I wish Mika would've sung some Arabic though but it was awesome, I loved the way she sang the choruses.

Edit: By the way, since I missed the show I could try to record the repeat of it tonight, but could anyone find a better quality stream than the one posted earlier?

Edited by LaraMay

Yes, I was skeptical at the outset, but I have to say I really thought the concept worked. The arrangement of Relax was just perfect -- the strings and rhythm gave it that exotic, Middle Eastern feel perfectly. I really really like what they did with it. And of course it's always nice to see Mika interviewed and hear him sing -- that slower version of Stardust that he's been performing live is one of my very favorite songs of his, ever... even better than the album version. :wub2:

And how nice of them to have everything online so promptly! Talk about organized! Love that! :thumb_yello:

Loved it too :group_hug:

I appreciate Arab music is so melodious, great fusion of Relax and Stardust is :swoon:

I told my mom about Karol Sakr and she says she knows her personally :o! She've seen her live quite a few times and she said her voice is amazing live. When I made her hear the version of relax, she absolutely loved it! So did I WOW! :wub2:

Edited by RayaBadran

OK I played it (Relax) to my mom, and it was the first time she actually enjoyed MIKA's song!!!:shocked::excite: She really loved it! I know she likes this style of music, and I'm not really until I heard this. :teehee:

SCORE!:punk:

I told my mom about Karol Sakr and she says she knows her personally :o! She've seen her live quite a few times and she said her voice is amazing live. When I made her hear the version of relax, she absolutely loved it! So did I WOW! :wub2:

LOL same with my mom! :aah: she ADORES it!