MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

But I do have to complain. What??? You cut it? I demand the whole version. You just don't cut hysterical Mika! :shun::aah:

I know, forgive me for I have sinned! :sorry: I cut talking parts, partly because I was crying over the subtitles (by the way, I'm putting an ad, I may or may not subtitle bits of the show but if someone has some time to spare to check and correct them, feel free to pm me eventually :fisch:)

I was wondering: is there going to be a next part, maybe with scenes from the Battles and on?

See? We are very demanding.

"Nice, good job, welcome, now get a grip and do another one":aah::aah::aah::aah::mf_rosetinted:

:freak:

In fact... I don't know. 2 weeks ago I would have give you a massive NO because I was exhausted by the first one :aah:, but I'm beginning to think of it... Truth is I don't know if I could, I feel like there's less material for me in the battles (well, one could re-do the cute song at least 3 times per show, obviously :P). I'll try to re-watch bits of them and see if I could have something out of it; but for now I really don't know. I'll let you know :D

you did count how many times he pushed with his foot and how many with his hand... I trust it took you a month!

And truth is... I didn't put all of them :mfr_lol:

(Sorry, I didn't introduce myself - I will but I ended up on this thread by traking down the statistics of my video so I registered just to say thanks for the comments, I'm really happy to see that it makes people smile :blush-anim-cl: )

Waouh, thank you Melyssa, merci merci!! :huglove::huglove:

And welcome on MFC :thumb_yello:

I feel like there's less material for me in the battles

I have the same feeling. I used to translate and post every week all what he said during the episode but I'm stopping right away cause he doesn't joke that much anymore and it's turning a kind of boring. :dunno:

(Sorry, I didn't introduce myself - I will but I ended up on this thread by traking down the statistics of my video so I registered just to say thanks for the comments, I'm really happy to see that it makes people smile :blush-anim-cl: )

Excellent job! Congrats! :thumb_yello: And of course, merci!

I have the same feeling. I used to translate and post every week all what he said during the episode but I'm stopping right away cause he doesn't joke that much anymore and it's turning a kind of boring. :dunno:

No,please, don't stop!The translation of what he says or what others say about him is really very useful for those who don't understand French in whole or in part.It's true that in these last episodes he doesn't jokes as before, but it's quite understandable with the various eliminations in the teams.But La Suite is more funny.In the next episode will be his team to face l'épreuve ultime and he will have enough to say, even in La Suite later. And in any case finally with the live shows let's hope it will be more fun because the production can no longer cut what they say and he says! :naughty: So,please continue! :original: (:pray:)

Edited by charlie20
error

Thank you for this beautiful and funny video, Melyssa.And the subtitles are always very much appreciated.An amazing job! :thumb_yello:

No,please, don't stop!It will be more fun because the production can no longer cut what they say and he says! :naughty: So,please continue! :original: (:pray:)

Let's hope. I'm a bit tired to write down "you make me feel this and that, you were credible, you have some potential ......"

So, here's the deal: I'm translating the fun parts.

I'm planning to translate the vieille canaille. Tonight or tomorrow morning. I laughed so much, the lyrics were funny.

I had the same feeling during the recordings :-( but to see him choose the talents who will go to the live shows is quite exciting, and I love to listen to what he says to explain his choices :blush-anim-cl:

Saturday will be great, people :thumb_yello:

Melyssa you are a star:wub2:

That's a great job! Amazing! The subtitles are so useful, without them I only understand the laughing parts :teehee:

A huge thank you :flowers2:

Now, I guess you already know: we want more :aah:

It did indeed. Took me about a month at one or 2 hours/day (and Studio Vegas with a slow computer is a nightmare), but it was also a LOT of fun to do :D (I think the first draft was about 30 minutes long though - it was so hard to cut xD)

Well, the Animaniacs didn't really care about his opinion apparently :aah:. This song was the origin of everything actually, I heard it and my brain went mad :fisch:

Thank you, it took some time too so a comment like this is always warmful. I hope I didn't make too many mistakes but as long as it's understandable, I consider my mission accomplished :cheerful_h4h:

(Yeah, sorry for the Top Gun thing. I kinda died doing it too).

Thank you thank you thank you!! I laughed so hard I cried :bow::bow:

Here's the french lyrics. In bold font you find the words which have been replaced by new ones.

English ones are coming in a ten minutes. Let's say twenty. :mf_rosetinted:

Pagny: J's'rai content quand tu s'ras mort

(Mika: il n'est pas gentil celui la)

Vieille Canaille

J's'rai content quand tu s'ras mort

Vieille Canaille

(Mika: nous aussi)

Garou: Tu ne perds rien pour attendre

Je saurai bien te descendre

J's'rai content d'avoir ta peau

Vieux Chameau

Jenifer Je t'ai r'çu à bras ouverts

(Pagny: ah beh, c'est Jenifer)

Vieill' Canaille

T'avais toujours ton couvert

Vieill' Canaille

(Pagny: Eh oui il faut bien manger)

Mika:T'as pelé tous mes tapis

Tu t'as fumé dans mon lit (does Pagny smoke?)

(Pagny: je confirme)

Et t'as piqué tout mon whisky

Vieux bandit

Garou: Puis j't'ai présenté ma femme

Vieille Canaille

(Mika: oh yeah, she's bang@bl

Pagny: non on dit elle est belle)

Puis j't'ai présenté ma femme

Vieille Canaille

(Mika: yes, this is true)

Pagny: Tu y a fait du baratin

Tu l'embrassais dans les coins

Dès que j'avais tourné l'dos

Vieux Chameau

Mika:Puis je suis parti avec elle (original lyric: t'es parti)

Vieille Canaille

(Garou: where?

Pagny: wasn't you?)

oui je suis parti avec elle

Vieille Canaille

(Garou: what you did, what you did?)

Jenifer: En emportant la vaisselle

Le dessous d'lit en dentelle,

tes cassettes, ton magnéto

Vieux Chameau

(Jenifer: yeah, guys, me, I know a not quite bad kind of canaille

Mika: yeah yeah, it ends by os

Pagny: you mean, you mean an old canaillos

Jenifer: exactly

Garou: Nikos de Mikonos)

Mika: Mais j'ai sorti mon fusil

Vieille Canaille

Jenifer: Mais j'ai sorti mon fusil

Vieille Canaille

Pagny: Et quand j'te tiendrai au bout

Je rigol'rai un bon coup

Garou Et j't'aurai vite refroidi

Vieux Pagny

Pagny: On te mettra dans un' tombe

Vieille Canaille

Jenifer: Et moi j'irai faire la bombe

Vieille Canaille

Garou: À coups de p'tits verr's d'eau-d'vie

Mika: La plus bell' cuit' de ma vie

Sera pour tes funérailles

Vieille Canaille

Vieille Canaille

Vieux Chameau

Edited by Elwendin

Here's the english one. I had a pretty hard time cause I get the meaning of the lyrics but I can't really find my way to say it in english tonight.

Pagny: I will be happy when you'll be dead

(Mika: it isn't kind this one)

old rascal

I will be happy when you'll be dead

old rascal

(Mika: we too)

Garou: You ain't losing anything for waiting

I will know well how to put you down

I'll be happy to get your skin

old camel

Jenifer I received you with open arms

(Pagny: ah beh, it's Jenifer)

old rascal

You always got your place setting at the table

old rascal

(Pagny: Oh yeah, to eat is needed )

Mika: You stripped all my rugs

You smoked in my bed (does Pagny smoke?)

(Pagny: I confirm it)

and you stole all my whisky

old bandit

Garou: Then I introduced you to my wife

old rascal

(Mika: oh yeah, she's bang@bl

Pagny: non on dit elle est belle)

Then I introduced you to my wife

old rascal

(Mika: yes, this is true)

Pagny: You smooth talked (hot air, it does fit lol... but you're so full of hot air... )

You kissed her in the corners

As soon as I turned my back

old camel

Mika:Then I left with her (original lyrics: you left)

old rascal

(Garou: where?

Pagny: wasn't you?)

oui I left with her

old rascal

(Garou: what you did, what you did?)

Jenifer: taking the crockery

the lace bedspread,

your tapes, your tape recorder

old camel

(Jenifer: yeah, guys, me, I know a not quite bad kind of canaille

Mika: yeah yeah, it ends by os

Pagny: you mean, you mean an old canaillos

Jenifer: exactly

Garou: Nikos de Mikonos)

Mika: But I got my rifle

old rascal

Jenifer: But I got my rifle

old rascal

Pagny: and when I would have you

I will laugh

Garou and I will quickly ice you

old Pagny

Pagny: We will put you in a grave

old rascal

Jenifer: and I will have a great time

old rascal

Garou: by way of little glasses of booze

Mika: The most beautiful bender of my life

will be for your funeral

old rascal

old rascal

old camel

And now I can't help but picture in my mind Jennifer being married with Garou and cheating on him with Mika in a dark alley, then taking all the sheets and the crockery and run away with him :floor:

Edited by Elwendin

It did indeed. Took me about a month at one or 2 hours/day (and Studio Vegas with a slow computer is a nightmare), but it was also a LOT of fun to do :D (I think the first draft was about 30 minutes long though - it was so hard to cut xD)

Well, the Animaniacs didn't really care about his opinion apparently :aah:. This song was the origin of everything actually, I heard it and my brain went mad :fisch:

Thank you, it took some time too so a comment like this is always warmful. I hope I didn't make too many mistakes but as long as it's understandable, I consider my mission accomplished :cheerful_h4h:

(Yeah, sorry for the Top Gun thing. I kinda died doing it too).

Very nice job! Thanks for sharing :huglove:

I definitely agree for l'Epreuve Ultime: it really was boring. First, using two coaches as decoration elements only is just weird, and 2d I don't really like the idea of letting the talents living their lives alone. Not only because some of their choices were... :blink:, but also because... truth is at the heart of The Voice there's the fight between the 4 judges. The game is between them and a lot of people are waching for them only (I know what I'm saying is a bit cruel for the candidates but... they know it). So putting them out of the game doesn't really make sense to me.

But I have to admit that I really liked the Battles, far more than last year. That's true, it wasn't as funny as the weeks before (and probably a bit boring to translate, I can understand that xD) - but of course they're destroying the dream of half their teams, poor things :bye:.

And being as objective as I can be (and I have friends and family agreeing with me and they couldn't be more objective :aah:), Mika's battles were the most fascinating to watch. He created the most unexpected duets and very often when you first heard his song choice you were like "hum... how about no? Not for those two, definitely, nope." And then... it was fantastic. He just knew, for each one of them. Spot-on.

I liked Garou's work too. His team scares me a bit for the live shows :aah:. I don't understand Jenifer's choices at all, but, well, that's her game, she can play it the way she wants.

The other thing everybody noticed is that... after 2 years of marshmallow, for the first time we have a coach who can say "I don't like it" and "it wasn't good" and "that was such a baaad choice" :aah: (He even said it to Garou about one of his song choices for the battles, I don't remember for which battle it was but I definitely remember the "I don't think it was the good song for them" in the aftershow. Bam! :teehee:)

And I also can't wait for the live shows - some people in backstage must begin to feel a bit worried knowing that they won't be able to cut him anymore xD.

Anyway, I tried to half catch-up with this thread and you did some fantastic job translating :swoon: . And I am so happy you translated Vieille Canaille for everyone, as it was hilarious :aah:

we have a coach who can say "I don't like it" and "it wasn't good" and "that was such a baaad choice" :aah: (He even said it to Garou about one of his song choices for the battles, I don't remember for which battle it was but I definitely remember the "I don't think it was the good song for them" in the aftershow. Bam! :teehee:)

Anyway, I tried to half catch-up with this thread and you did some fantastic job translating :swoon: . And I am so happy you translated Vieille Canaille for everyone, as it was hilarious :aah:

Oh, in italy they cut him not that much and we heard a way worse. He told a contestant that he was singing like he was at a children party, and some other pretty sincere comments on others I can't remember now, he told a coach that she did a ****ty choice (litterally) and I think no one will ever forget the willy willy willy snippet (of course he explained clearly what that means). And the more he got tired, the more nasty and vulgar. :aah:

And yes, we all love him when he does. :mf_rosetinted:

I like everybody being able to have a good laugh, I'd hate if he joked in spanish and nobody would translate.:sneaky2:

Sorry, I didn't introduce myself - I will but I ended up on this thread by traking down the statistics of my video so I registered just to say thanks for the comments, I'm really happy to see that it makes people smile :blush-anim-cl:

You did a great job with the video! Love how it has some of the best and most fun moments of The Voice!! Watching it really made me smile :)

Saturday will be great, people :thumb_yello:

I was sure that Saturday will be great! Lovely to hear it from someone who was at the recordings too:thumb_yello:

Can't wait to watch the next episode!!

Here's a video resume of Mika's best moments at The Voice with subtitles in english, it's very funny :naughty:

That is so good. Love the soundtrack, especially the Friends theme, the Top Gun theme, the FloMac song and The Maestro's own EMD. It was so great.

SHORT CLIPS of Team MIKA's rehearsal

Exclu MYTF1: Fréro Delavega et Mika en pleine répétition

Attention ! MYTF1 vous invite à découvrir en exclusivité les répétitions des Fréro Delavega avec coach Mika. " Du rap ? Pourquoi ? "... Mika est tombé des nues lorsque le duo lui a annoncé qu'il reprendrait le morceau " PIMP " de 50 cent lors de l'épreuve ultime. Un choix pour le moins audacieux ! Mais très vite, le duo magique de The Voice arrive à le convaincre le temps d'une petite démonstration. Visiblement emballé, Mika a cependant des directives et des conseils pour ses talents ! Si les Fréro Delavega veulent impressionner leur coach samedi, ils devront mieux articuler pour que les paroles soient audibles... Et surtout, Mika attend d'eux plus de complicité. Toujours à l'écoute, les Fréro Delavega ont maintenant toutes les cartes en main pour nous proposer une performance détonante !

TF1 http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/bonus/exclu-mytf1-frero-delavega-et-mika-en-pleine-repetition-8390357.html

VK http://vk.com/video232312753_168159612 :thumb_yello:

Samedi 20h55, The Voice : Caroline Savoie, accèdera-t-elle au grand show en direct ?

Samedi 29 mars dès 20h55, l'heure est à l'épreuve ultime pour les équipes de Florent Pagny et Mika. Dans cette vidéo, Caroline Savoie annonce à son coach Mika qu'elle interprétera "Vancouver" de Véronique Sanson. Les répétitions sont intenses pour ce jeune talent. Caroline, a-t-elle fait le bon choix du titre de la chanson afin d'être sélectionnée pour la suite de la compétition ? Verdict samedi dès 20h55 sur TF1 et MYTF1

TF1 http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/extraits/samedi-20h55-the-voice-caroline-savoie-accedera-t-elle-au-grand-8390431.html

VK http://vk.com/video232312753_168159721

Exclu MYTF1: Mika réconforte Caroline Savoie en répétition

Pour préparer l’épreuve ultime, Mika retrouve Caroline Savoie le temps d’une séance de coaching. Quand Caroline Savoie annonce son choix de chanson à Mika, ce dernier est aux anges. La chanson « Vancouver » de Véronique Sanson est très appréciée par le coach. Un défi de taille pour Caroline, plutôt habituée au répertoire soul. Peu à son aise pendant les répétitions, Caroline manque sévèrement de confiance en elle ! Mais coach Mika est là pour lui prêter une oreille attentive et lui prodiguer de précieux conseils. Mika relève deux axes d’amélioration : cesser de gesticuler sur scène et jouer de sa voix puissante. Encore quelques efforts et Caroline Savoie sera prête à 100% pour nous épater samedi prochain.

TF1 http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/bonus/exclu-mytf1-mika-reconforte-caroline-savoie-en-repetition-8390356.html

VK http://vk.com/video232312753_168160273

:bow: anybody translate please ?

Edited by Kumazzz
adding another video

Oh, in italy they cut him not that much and we heard a way worse. He told a contestant that he was singing like he was at a children party, and some other pretty sincere comments on others I can't remember now, he told a coach that she did a ****ty choice (litterally) and I think no one will ever forget the willy willy willy snippet (of course he explained clearly what that means). And the more he got tired, the more nasty and vulgar. :aah:

And yes, we all love him when he does. :mf_rosetinted:

(oh well, thank you for reminding me that I should probably go and have a little tour in your XF thread. 'Cause as the only word I know in Italian is chicken, this show for me was a succession of "oh, cute!" :insane: (but it needed more chicken)). What I meant was that - how make it clear in english... sure he can do worse (or rather better :naughty:) but what I love is that it's definitely not what the people watching the Voice France are used too. It was one of the biggest critics that was made about the show for the last 2 years, actually: "it's too clean, they're too nice". So him bursting out like a volcano was really noticed and talked about in here. I liked it :D. (And even then people know that he was cleaned up in the editing process :aah:)

(and again, thank you everyone for the vid :huglove:)

Exclu MYTF1: Fréro Delavega et Mika en pleine répétition

Attention ! MYTF1 vous invite à découvrir en exclusivité les répétitions des Fréro Delavega avec coach Mika. " Du rap ? Pourquoi ? "... Mika est tombé des nues lorsque le duo lui a annoncé qu'il reprendrait le morceau " PIMP " de 50 cent lors de l'épreuve ultime. Un choix pour le moins audacieux ! Mais très vite, le duo magique de The Voice arrive à le convaincre le temps d'une petite démonstration. Visiblement emballé, Mika a cependant des directives et des conseils pour ses talents ! Si les Fréro Delavega veulent impressionner leur coach samedi, ils devront mieux articuler pour que les paroles soient audibles... Et surtout, Mika attend d'eux plus de complicité. Toujours à l'écoute, les Fréro Delavega ont maintenant toutes les cartes en main pour nous proposer une performance détonante !

Exclu MYTF1: Fréro Delavega and Mika during the reharsals

Warning ! MYTF1 invites you to disclose exclusive Fréro Delavega and Mika reharsals. " Some rap? Why?"... Mika fell from the clouds (do you say this in english? It means to abruptly find out with surprise) as the duo announced that they will sing the title “PIMP” de 50 cent during the last trial. A daring choice at least. But very quickly the magic duo of The Voice succeed to convince him trhough a little demonstration. Evidently carried away, Mika has neverthless some indications and advices for his talents. If Fréro Delavega want to impress their coach on saturday, they will have to enucnciate better in order to make the words audible. And above all, Mika expects frome them more complicity. Always listening, Fréro Delavega have now all the possibilities for proposing an explosive performance.

Samedi 20h55, The Voice : Caroline Savoie, accèdera-t-elle au grand show en direct ?

Samedi 29 mars dès 20h55, l'heure est à l'épreuve ultime pour les équipes de Florent Pagny et Mika. Dans cette vidéo, Caroline Savoie annonce à son coach Mika qu'elle interprétera "Vancouver" de Véronique Sanson. Les répétitions sont intenses pour ce jeune talent. Caroline, a-t-elle fait le bon choix du titre de la chanson afin d'être sélectionnée pour la suite de la compétition ? Verdict samedi dès 20h55 sur TF1 et MYTF1

Saturday 20h55, The Voice : Caroline Savoie, will she get to the big live show?

On saturday 29th of march, since 20h55, it's time for the last trial for Pagny and Mika teams. In this vid, Caroline Savoie announces to her coach Mika that she's going to perform”Vancouver” by Véronique Sanson. The reharsals are intense for this young talent. Did Caroline do the right title choice in order to be chosen for the rest of the competition? The verdict on saturday since 20h55 on TF1 and MYTF1

Edited by Elwendin