MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

Thank you so much for the links, the mp3 and the translation! :flowers2:

What can I say? It was, I think, one of the best performance i've ever heard in the last year (except "Make you Happy" in LA)

I was about to write a column about this performance but I stopped myself to do it because maybe I might look tedious and redundant to say that it was magnificent and to explain in detail every nuance of it.

His freshness, his creativity and his enthousiasm have revolutionized pop music but have also brought a wind of madness in this 3rd season of The Voice. Mika has known how to charme his audience but also his friends coaches.

Portrait of a gifted man with a crazy (over the top) charisma.

Garou : I remember when Mika got here the first time, he had a little schoolbag. He seemed very nervous and looked like someone who was there for coming back to school.

Mika: Ah, do you picture that? It must be scary.

Garou: (…...) we realized that he wasn't scared at all

Jenifer: he really brought a new air.

Pagny:he's more flowery, more spirited, more colourful. We also see that in his costumes, in his attitude.

Jenifer: if he wanted to turn his seat in a bit of a theatrical way, well, he does it.

He has a childlike side but we are eventually eternal children, when you do this job you don't accept to grow old.

Pagny: he doesn't stop. With his attitude of teacher's pet, he's the worst. Look, look! He's terrible.

Jenifer: Mika is almost a gifted person. He speaks fluenty I think more than 5 languages.

(snippet from Swatch signing session: people from Vietnam, Latvia, and so on.

Mika: I spoke 50 languages.

Someone: he doesn't hear, he's deaf.

Mika: But you talk with your hands. And this is fine. I'm lebanese (really? never heard about that :teehee:) and we talk with our hands as well.

Jenifer: all his origins make him to understand much more things, this is why also I love Mika, cause he gets interested in people

Pagny: he quickly got inside a person's soul and personality with a real sensitiveness and intelligence

Jenifer: he just simply gets interested, osmetimes in a very childish way, but it's to learn to undersand the other person.

Garou: behind Mika's childishness, technically, we hear that he's young but he already knows the music well.

Pagny: he's in the music since the age of 10, he did all his classical musica studies in one of the major schoolmusic in london.

Garou: Mika is a showman

Pagny: since he started very early he's a way more mature, more old, and has a lot more experience and knowledge than others of the same age.

Jenifer: Mika is an artist I like very much, for whom I have a lot of respect, and he does the show.

Pagny: he loves that, he loves the show, with this physique, I mean, he's a big guy but how he breaks , how he jumps everywere, dances everywhere, I envy him.

Jenifer: Mika is a bit of a confluence of the three of us, he's a guy like this, hyper endearing, stuffed with honesty.

The three of them eventually say they love him.

Neither did I :fisch:

Thank you for the translation, El!

It was an amazing performance, and knowing what they were saying made it even better. Although I could tell that the judges really respect him by the way they watched his performance.

You're very welcome guys :thumb_yello:

Here's the battles part:

Both of them really sang very well. So, it's not a matter of voice, in my jugement it's just that on stage I was more at ease watching M than T. So if I have to judge this battle, this performance, was more believable with M.

The next battle is not really a duo, it's a trio between F and Q and his cello.

It's a song by Vanessa Paradis and it's Il y a. It's going to be totally transformed by you.

I accepted to do the voice hoping to be able to do battles like the one between F and Q

I know that with a cello, a guitar and 3 voices it's so not like the others and it's weird.

In the first place, imo it's the more beatiful song by vanessa paradis. And for your voices as well, we can find a way to do something which completely transform the song. So let's go.

Me, I think that's something which is hiding. And I think it's your voice. J, you was very much hidden. So, sing alone, we are going to hear a bit. I heard a hell of a vibrato.

Together

Again

The chorus

Wow. You”killed” , you totally “killed”. You are going to upset everybody. You did exactly what I expected. What I hoped. Now I understand everything, before you just were les fréro, now I understand who is F and J.

You are powerful but together you are …

In the arrangement I ask you to do something where we hear every voice on their own, and then all together, it's really powerful.

I totally forgot it's a battle. To me it's like you are a group together.

It's magic, they are top, they have a total complicity, it kills me to have to split them.

I am nervous.

This was exactly the problem I had when I told myself “How to do battles with talents of this level?”

Then I realized: well, we completely forget that's this is a battle and we do a trio with a hell of a potential and you demonstrated tonight that you can do something enormously beautiful. Thank you guys.

Mamma! I'm going to say something which is really clear: we can put Q with another singer and it would work cause it's a real musician, with a voice which tells a story and communicate an emotion.

It's exactly the same situation with the frero cause they do music in their own way. This is why it worked. So, I think that I'm going to go on witht the F.

Honestly I have to say to you that I think this is a moment in your path, but it's clear to everyone here: we are going to see you again. This is simple.

It's hard.

I smile. I am really really happy. It was a privilege, thanks for having sang this with this emotion, with this honesty. I pushed for Y, not for M during the blind audictions. Tonight if I have to choose: M. Cause she carried us away with the facility of a pro. You are amazing.

This song is one of my life fav. It's the song I want to hear when I'm dead. And I know I would be dead but I'd like to know that at my funeral there will be this song but I agree: it was a bit demonstrative . So imo the person I'd choose would be more about the vocal potential rahter than on the performance, but based on the potential nd not on the style cause I didn't like it that much. I choose J.

C, I like you very much. Tonight I like you a bit more than during the blind audictions when I didn't push, but I'm a bit off balance, I have to say that I was more at ease with N performance, but there's something really interesting in you as well, C.

During the blind audictions I didn't push, I regretted it, tonight I see hope in you, I see something different, it doesn't end like this for you.

I agree , I think she's going to fight.

I adore the crazyness of the little S. I like the personality, which reflects in the voice. And so for me I choose the little S.

This is an enormously difficult song. J is presque the sole person who can sing this song and send it with facilty. And this is exceptional. I have to say that S I think that you sang with facilty, compared to A, this is sure, but maybe A projected himself a bit more into the adventure so it could be a little bit more interesting for you.

indeed. I hope the German radio station which follows me on twitter will notice it also I know that is more important for Mika to be seen in USa as noticed in Germany again but both would be best:wub2:

May I add UK to the list.

His freshness, his creativity and his enthousiasm have revolutionized pop music but have also brought a wind of madness in this 3rd season of The Voice. Mika has known how to charme his audience but also his friends coaches.

Portrait of a gifted man with a crazy (over the top) charisma.

Garou : I remember when Mika got here the first time, he had a little schoolbag. He seemed very nervous and looked like someone who was there for coming back to school.

Mika: Ah, do you picture that? It must be scary.

Garou: (…...) we realized that he wasn't scared at all

Jenifer: he really brought a new air.

Pagny:he's more flowery, more spirited, more colourful. We also see that in his costumes, in his attitude.

Jenifer: if he wanted to turn his seat in a bit of a theatrical way, well, he does it.

He has a childlike side but we are eventually eternal children, when you do this job you don't accept to grow old.

Pagny: he doesn't stop. With his attitude of teacher's pet, he's the worst. Look, look! He's terrible.

Jenifer: Mika is almost a gifted person. He speaks fluenty I think more than 5 languages.

(snippet from Swatch signing session: people from Vietnam, Latvia, and so on.

Mika: I spoke 50 languages.

Someone: he doesn't hear, he's deaf.

Mika: But you talk with your hands. And this is fine. I'm lebanese (really? never heard about that :teehee:) and we talk with our hands as well.

Jenifer: all his origins make him to understand much more things, this is why also I love Mika, cause he gets interested in people

Pagny: he quickly got inside a person's soul and personality with a real sensitiveness and intelligence

Jenifer: he just simply gets interested, osmetimes in a very childish way, but it's to learn to undersand the other person.

Garou: behind Mika's childishness, technically, we hear that he's young but he already knows the music well.

Pagny: he's in the music since the age of 10, he did all his classical musica studies in one of the major schoolmusic in london.

Garou: Mika is a showman

Pagny: since he started very early he's a way more mature, more old, and has a lot more experience and knowledge than others of the same age.

Jenifer: Mika is an artist I like very much, for whom I have a lot of respect, and he does the show.

Pagny: he loves that, he loves the show, with this physique, I mean, he's a big guy but how he breaks , how he jumps everywere, dances everywhere, I envy him.

Jenifer: Mika is a bit of a confluence of the three of us, he's a guy like this, hyper endearing, stuffed with honesty.

The three of them eventually say they love him.

Well, it's not like they could do otherwise.... :aah:

Who could resist him. Thanks for translating what they said. I agree with them.

It's blocked. :no:

Am I the only one who hates those violins from the beginning? I find them quite pathetic. The rest is :wub2:

well, I have the feeling that the melody of this violin part from the beginning is famous, am I wrong?

I really adored the Underwater performance, it was very striking and touching :wub2: :wub2: A moment of pure Art :mikalove: :mikalove:

And I also liked very much what the other coachs said about him :blush-anim-cl:

About the episode, I was really impressed by the battle between Quentin and Frero De La Vega, for me this was the best one of the whole program! Beautiful moment :thumb_yello:

I really adored the Underwater performance, it was very striking and touching :wub2: :wub2: A moment of pure Art :mikalove: :mikalove:

And I also liked very much what the other coachs said about him :blush-anim-cl:

About the episode, I was really impressed by the battle between Quentin and Frero De La Vega, for me this was the best one of the whole program! Beautiful moment :thumb_yello:

I agree with you, this battle was probably the best one so far. I was very impressed, they are really amazing. Quentin is very good with his violincello.

Talking about strings, the violins in Underwater were very good. :wub2: Can't wait to see a whole symphonic orchestra !

well, I have the feeling that the melody of this violin part from the beginning is famous, am I wrong?

You got me curious so went to listen again... Sounds like a track from Schindler's List:thumb_yello:

I agree with you, this battle was probably the best one so far. I was very impressed, they are really amazing. Quentin is very good with his violincello.

Talking about strings, the violins in Underwater were very good. :wub2: Can't wait to see a whole symphonic orchestra !

Me neither!

You got me curious so went to listen again... Sounds like a track from Schindler's List:thumb_yello:

It remembers me the aria "Nessun dorma" from Turandot, Giacomo Puccini. Just a little bit at the beginning. :blush-anim-cl:

I agree with you, this battle was a very good moment of the show. I'm really impressed by Mika's song choices for all the battles. He always managed to find the right songs that would allow the contestants to show emotion and give great performances.

Informations to register for the lives of The Voice

http://www.emissions-tv.com/emissions/158/the_voice_les_lives

LIVE 1 : Samedi 05 Avril 2014

Les inscriptions pour participer au tirage au sort pour le live 1 seront ouvertes du lundi 24 mars (en matinée) au lundi 31 mars (en matinée). Le tirage au sort sera effectué entre le lundi 31 mars (fin de journée) et le mardi 01 avril (fin de journée).

LIVE 2 : Samedi 12 Avril 2014

Les inscriptions pour participer au tirage au sort pour le live 2 seront ouvertes du lundi 31 mars (en matinée) au lundi 07 avril (en matinée). Le tirage au sort sera effectué entre le lundi 07 avril (fin de journée) et le mardi 08 avril (fin de journée).

Be careful, it will be a lottery (except if you were there for other recordings and could get multipass), so even if you register yourself, you are not sure to get an invitation

The video of the 4 coaches singing 'Vieille Canaille' (to be aired this Saturday) is now up on the TF1 website

http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/extraits/mika-jenifer-florent-pagny-et-garou-reprennent-vieille-canaille-8386855.html

Hope someone can make it accessible to all very soon

Thanks Camille :thumb_yello:

I love it :wub2: Mika is really funny

The video of the 4 coaches singing 'Vieille Canaille' (to be aired this Saturday) is now up on the TF1 website

http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/extraits/mika-jenifer-florent-pagny-et-garou-reprennent-vieille-canaille-8386855.html

Hope someone can make it accessible to all very soon

Found it!

Thanks a lot to Team Mika :thumb_yello: :

Edited by charlie20
error