MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

I'm doing it right now. Not the vids though :teehee: I don't want to watch them

Thanks a lot for your works !! :huglove:

but.... I need the translation of Mika's words in these videos. :blush-anim-cl:

SHORT CLIPS of Team MIKA's rehearsal

Exclu MYTF1: Fréro Delavega et Mika en pleine répétition

TF1 http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/bonus/exclu-mytf1-frero-delavega-et-mika-en-pleine-repetition-8390357.html

VK http://vk.com/video232312753_168159612 :thumb_yello:

Samedi 20h55, The Voice : Caroline Savoie, accèdera-t-elle au grand show en direct ?

TF1 http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/extraits/samedi-20h55-the-voice-caroline-savoie-accedera-t-elle-au-grand-8390431.html

VK http://vk.com/video232312753_168159721

Exclu MYTF1: Mika réconforte Caroline Savoie en répétition

TF1 http://videos.tf1.fr/the-voice/bonus/exclu-mytf1-mika-reconforte-caroline-savoie-en-repetition-8390356.html

VK http://vk.com/video232312753_168160273

:bow: anybody translate please ?

Thanks a lot for your works !! :huglove:

but.... I need the translation of Mika's words in these videos. :blush-anim-cl:

You really can't wait, can you? :wink2:

I didn't want to spoil the saturday episode but I owe you some, so I'm doing it :doh::naughty:

Edit: sorry, I can't see those vids. :dunno: For the TF1links I have the same issues which prevent me to see the voice on saturday nights. For the other ones... I can't reach vk.com.

Edited by Elwendin

Hi everyone!

A few questions from the dumb Yankee.

I can't wait to watch Vieille Canialle. What sort of song is this? Is It a traditional or classic French song?

How does this next round work? How many move on? Right now the. US Voice is doing battles. They advertise it constantly on TV and every time I hear an ad, I get excited, but then I have to remember, "oops. Wrong country." I've seen a little bit when we were waiting for the next show to start, and it was strange, and just seemed wrong. Definately not the originality here. Spleen would not make it here!

Sylvie, I realize that translating now isn't as fun, because Mika is so serious right now, but if he does do something really cute, we'd love to know about it!:pray::bow:

Melyssa, it's cool that you are hanging out with us here. We are lots of fun, and you are our new hero for that amazing video,.

Sylvie, I realize that translating now isn't as fun, because Mika is so serious right now, but if he does do something really cute, we'd love to know about it!

I promise :thumb_yello:

You didn't miss anything about saturday episode: it's a hard choice, it's a hard choice, it's a hard choice, potential. That's all. :aah:

Actually he barely talked.

I didn't want to spoil the saturday episode but I owe you some, so I'm doing it :doh::naughty:

Edit: sorry, I can't see those vids. :dunno: For the TF1links I have the same issues which prevent me to see the voice on saturday nights. For the other ones... I can't reach vk.com.

No problem dear, I can wait. :bye:

Hi everyone!

A few questions from the dumb Yankee.

I can't wait to watch Vieille Canialle. What sort of song is this? Is It a traditional or classic French song?

How does this next round work? How many move on? Right now the. US Voice is doing battles. They advertise it constantly on TV and every time I hear an ad, I get excited, but then I have to remember, "oops. Wrong country." I've seen a little bit when we were waiting for the next show to start, and it was strange, and just seemed wrong. Definately not the originality here. Spleen would not make it here!

Sylvie, I realize that translating now isn't as fun, because Mika is so serious right now, but if he does do something really cute, we'd love to know about it!:pray::bow:

Melyssa, it's cool that you are hanging out with us here. We are lots of fun, and you are our new hero for that amazing video,.

Vieille Canaille is a song by Serge Gainsbourg, which has become a legend in French music...

The ultime task is that 3 contestants from the same team each sing their song and only one is chosen by the coach to go to the live shows... If I remember correctly, there will be 6 singers per team for live shows.

La Voix in Quebec is already live and they started after France. The pace is quite fast and I kinda like it

Here's a video resume of Mika's best moments at The Voice with subtitles in english, it's very funny :naughty:

Wow what a funny and adorable (and CUTE :naughty:) video!

(Sorry, I didn't introduce myself - I will but I ended up on this thread by traking down the statistics of my video so I registered just to say thanks for the comments, I'm really happy to see that it makes people smile :blush-anim-cl: )

Welcome to mfc! and thank you for this amazing video! :bow: Now I'm off to watch it a second time :blush-anim-cl:

Vieille Canaille is a song by Serge Gainsbourg, which has become a legend in French music...

The ultime task is that 3 contestants from the same team each sing their song and only one is chosen by the coach to go to the live shows... If I remember correctly, there will be 6 singers per team for live shows.

La Voix in Quebec is already live and they started after France. The pace is quite fast and I kinda like it

Thanks for the info. I've actually heard of Serge Gainsbourg.

Fast paced, hmmmm. That's not a phrase you could apply to The Voice France. I don't like the judges on the US Voice, so I'm not watching. One talent show, and a very long one at that, is enough for me. I recently heard that the US XFactor had been canceled, and American Idol is having its lowest rated season and is in danger as well.

Thanks for the info. I've actually heard of Serge Gainsbourg.

Fast paced, hmmmm. That's not a phrase you could apply to The Voice France. I don't like the judges on the US Voice, so I'm not watching. One talent show, and a very long one at that, is enough for me. I recently heard that the US XFactor had been canceled, and American Idol is having its lowest rated season and is in danger as well.

I can't watch US The Voice either... And I got tired of American Idol...

We only have La Voix. We had Star Academie before. It's the same production team that work on both.

I promise :thumb_yello:

You didn't miss anything about saturday episode: it's a hard choice, it's a hard choice, it's a hard choice, potential. That's all. :aah:

Actually he barely talked.

Grazie! :blush-anim-cl:

I only watched the first video, with the duet, but his face when they tell him they're gonna do a rap song is epic. But he wins it all with his "push the words out of your mouth a little more. Even if I think they're dumb" :mfr_lol:

Here's a video resume of Mika's best moments at The Voice with subtitles in english, it's very funny :naughty:

Thank you, you really made my day!

(Sorry, I didn't introduce myself - I will but I ended up on this thread by traking down the statistics of my video so I registered just to say thanks for the comments, I'm really happy to see that it makes people smile :blush-anim-cl: )

Welcome, Melyssa! :welcomeani:

I have the same feeling. I used to translate and post every week all what he said during the episode but I'm stopping right away cause he doesn't joke that much anymore and it's turning a kind of boring. :dunno:

Thanks for your efforts, Elwendind! :flowers2:

I do really appreciate your hard work, and even if I didn't watch the full episodes I think I get what you mean because I had the same feeling with X Factor. I watched the auditions and the show seemed to be entertaining, but when the final was aired I simply could not stand it, it kinda lost any rythm :tumbleweed:

I can't watch US The Voice either... And I got tired of American Idol...

We only have La Voix. We had Star Academie before. It's the same production team that work on both.

Blake Shelton makes me want to hurl things at my TV, although my daughter can do a hilarious impression of him.

American Idol; too many white boys with guitars.

I'm happy with Voice France. It's surprisingly compelling even though I can't understand anything.

If you want see the vids, I found them on Vimeo, (thanks a lot to dinarouxe who posted them there! :original:):

Mika et Caroline Savoie en répétition the voice

https://vimeo.com/90220164

Fréro et Mika répet The voice

Here's the english one. I had a pretty hard time cause I get the meaning of the lyrics but I can't really find my way to say it in english tonight.

Pagny: I will be happy when you'll be dead

(Mika: it isn't kind this one)

old rascal

I will be happy when you'll be dead

old rascal

(Mika: we too)

Garou: You ain't losing anything for waiting

I will know well how to put you down

I'll be happy to get your skin

old camel

Jenifer I received you with open arms

(Pagny: ah beh, it's Jenifer)

old rascal

You always got your place setting at the table

old rascal

(Pagny: Oh yeah, to eat is needed )

Mika: You stripped all my rugs

You smoked in my bed (does Pagny smoke?)

(Pagny: I confirm it)

and you stole all my whisky

old bandit

Garou: Then I introduced you to my wife

old rascal

(Mika: oh yeah, she's bang@bl

Pagny: non on dit elle est belle)

Then I introduced you to my wife

old rascal

(Mika: yes, this is true)

Pagny: You smooth talked (hot air, it does fit lol... but you're so full of hot air... )

You kissed her in the corners

As soon as I turned my back

old camel

Mika:Then I left with her (original lyrics: you left)

old rascal

(Garou: where?

Pagny: wasn't you?)

oui I left with her

old rascal

(Garou: what you did, what you did?)

Jenifer: taking the crockery

the lace bedspread,

your tapes, your tape recorder

old camel

(Jenifer: yeah, guys, me, I know a not quite bad kind of canaille

Mika: yeah yeah, it ends by os

Pagny: you mean, you mean an old canaillos

Jenifer: exactly

Garou: Nikos de Mikonos)

Mika: But I got my rifle

old rascal

Jenifer: But I got my rifle

old rascal

Pagny: and when I would have you

I will laugh

Garou and I will quickly ice you

old Pagny

Pagny: We will put you in a grave

old rascal

Jenifer: and I will have a great time

old rascal

Garou: by way of little glasses of booze

Mika: The most beautiful bender of my life

will be for your funeral

old rascal

old rascal

old camel

And now I can't help but picture in my mind Jennifer being married with Garou and cheating on him with Mika in a dark alley, then taking all the sheets and the crockery and run away with him :floor:

This is funny, thank you :wink2:

Oh, in italy they cut him not that much and we heard a way worse. He told a contestant that he was singing like he was at a children party, and some other pretty sincere comments on others I can't remember now, he told a coach that she did a ****ty choice (litterally) and I think no one will ever forget the willy willy willy snippet (of course he explained clearly what that means). And the more he got tired, the more nasty and vulgar. :aah:

And yes, we all love him when he does. :mf_rosetinted:

:thumb_yello::mikalove:

If you want see the vids, I found them on Vimeo, (thanks a lot to dinarouxe who posted them there! :original:):

Mika et Caroline Savoie en répétition the voice

https://vimeo.com/90220164

Fréro et Mika répet The voice

Well. Thank you very much. Now I'm framed. :sneaky2:

Just kidding, I'm doing the translation tomorrow. Thank you very much :wink2:

Btw, can you see the vk vids? I was wondering if it's an italian issue...

Edited by Elwendin

I can see the vk vids

Io posso vederli,così non è un problema italiano.Hai provato a vederli sia con google chrome che con internet explorer?Comunque, se altri vk video verranno messi su Vimeo (e se li trovo,ovviamente) li posterò qui.

I can see the vk vids, too.So it isn't an italian issue.:dunno:

Have you tried to see them with google chrome and with internet explorer?

Anyway, if other vk videos will be available on Vimeo (and I find them,obviously), I'll post them here.

Edited by charlie20

I'm sorry for you...

probably, VK is BLOCKED in Italy. :huh:

http://www.isthisitmodelsreview.com/2013/12/06/public-service-announcement-vk-is-down-in-italy/

I'm sorry for you...

probably, VK is BLOCKED in Italy. :huh:

Apparently it's blocked just at my place :aah:

Io posso vederli,così non è un problema italiano.Hai provato a vederli sia con google chrome che con internet explorer?Comunque, se altri vk video verranno messi su Vimeo (e se li trovo,ovviamente) li posterò qui.

I can see the vk vids, too.So it isn't an italian issue.:dunno:

Si, provato. Fa niente.

Grazie per il futuro postaggio. :thumb_yello:

Here we go.

Mika and Carolina reharsal:

Hi

Hi

How do you do

Fine

smack smack

How do you do

:aah:

Caroline: yeah, I'm a bit stressed

Mika: Why?

C: I don't know

M: you have to have fun. Have fun. Make the most. Make the most of all this.

C: ok

M: ok? I am a bit stressed cause I want to see what you chose. So you are singing in.. english?

C: french

M: ok and what is it?

C: Vancouver

M: euh?

C: Vancouver by veronique sanson

M: really? It's class. I adore veronique sanson

C: oui but I chose a song that I'm not used to do. Usually I do songs more... ?continuous?

M: (sorry I don't know)

C: (sorry again, something about a challenge I suppose)

M: what is good in this song is that in 1.45 minute you can show 3 different feelings so for you it's good. Ok? It split a bit your feelings, that means you can use all the parts of your voice and disclose to us what you can do. Tonight I'm Caroline, I sing class songs. Show us.

All the energies you put in your legs during this first part of the song, you are wasting them cause this energy should be put in your voice and breathing. Your movement there, you know what it is? It's not a choreography, it's an excuse. Don't do excuses, you have an amazing voice and we can see it in the end. Relax, really. Ok, it's cool, you sing super well, I wish I sang like you

C: Beh, no!!!! (we neither !!!!)

M: there, show us your charm. A bit more lullaby.

C: How should I move?

M: I'm showing you. You don't. You sing. You comunicate with your mouth nd your eyes but there push a bit more on this line, and there even less (then explanations on where to push and where to go soft) ; even close your eyes. And use your hand. Go. No, when you use your hand on stage. If you do that, it's not a movement. It's there, it's always there. (more explanations on where to put that hand :aah:)

Mika and Frero

how do you do

yes, fine

and you

M: who chose the song?

F: we both

M: what is it?

F: it's rap

M: it's rap??? No!

F: yes

M: why!

F: it's not like we are going to rap

M: what is it

F: Pimp , 50 cent. We want to surprise avec pimp

M: can I listen?

F yes, sure

M: I can't believe this

M: ok, it's …

F: long, it's long but this is something else.

M No, it's fine. Well, we are going to sort it out, but first of all, I adore it. I adore it and also the style. It's good, it's really good. In the general context as well, it impresses me. But I can't get the words. I understand nothing here. I understand the words when I read them but it's like you are speaking a bit like this but I don't know why. Sing like you sang the vanessa paradis song.

And also, don't isolate yourself cause you're super when the two of you are together, so even when you sing to him, you sing to him, when you sing to the camera, you sing to the camera but you need to have more direction. And keep to be together as well, cause it's weird, especially when you repeat pimp pimp one more time, play with each other and play with the audience together, a bit more complicity, don't lose it, I know you are nervous cause it's the first time that you do this. But really, it's good, it's top, I think you are going immediatly to see a reaction. You have to find the strenght in between you, this is your strenght. You are together. But spit the words, cause there you are crushing them. And, don't you turn your back. Don't do this. He's there, looking at you and you do this. It doesn't work, you can't. It's the complicity between the two of you which is beautiful, we are saving it.

…. more, if you think it's dumb, for us it's good. It helps, form over there, it's super, I swear.

Imo: I like the Frero. I already looked for them on yt some weeks ago, I like the way they sing somebody else's songs.

Edited by Elwendin

Here we go.

Hi

Hi

How do you do

Fine

smack smack

How do you do

:aah:

Caroline: yeah, I'm a bit stressed

Mika: Why?

C: I don't know

M: you have to have fun. Have fun. Make the most. Make the most of all this.

C: ok

M: ok? I am a bit stressed cause I want to see what you chose. So you are singing in.. english?

C: french

M: ok and what is it?

C: Vancouver

M: euh?

C: Vancouver by veronique sanson

M: really? It's class. I adore veronique sanson

C: oui but I chose a song that I'm not used to do. Usually I do songs more... ?continuous?

M: (sorry I don't know)

C: (sorry again, something about a challenge I suppose)

M: what is good in this song is that in 1.45 minute you can show 3 different feelings so for you it's good. Ok? It split a bit your feelings, that means you can use all the parts of your voice and disclose to us what you can do. Tonight I'm Caroline, I sing class songs. Show us.

All the energies you put in your legs during this first part of the song, you are wasting them cause this energy should be put in your voice and breathing. Your movement there, you know what it is? It's not a choreography, it's an excuse. Don't do excuses, you have an amazing voice and we can see it in the end. Relax, really. Ok, it's cool, you sing super well, I wish I sang like you

C: Beh, no!!!! (we neither !!!!)

M: there, show us your charm. A bit more lullaby.

C: How should I move?

M: I'm showing you. You don't. You sing. You comunicate with your mouth nd your eyes but there push a bit more on this line, and there even less (then explanations on where to push and where to go soft) ; even close your eyes. And use your hand. Go. No, when you use your hand on stage. If you do that, it's not a movement. It's there, it's always there. (more explanations on where to put that hand :aah:)

Mika and Frero

how do you do

yes, fine

and you

M: who chose the song?

F: we both

M: what is it?

F: it's rap

M: it's rap??? No!

F: yes

M: why!

F: it's not like we are going to rap

M: what is it

F: Pimp , 50 cent. We want to surprise avec pimp

M: can I listen?

F yes, sure

M: I can't believe this

M: ok, it's …

F: long, it's long but this is something else.

M No, it's fine. Well, we are going to sort it out, but first of all, I adore it. I adore it and also the style. It's good, it's really good. In the general context as well, it impresses me. But I can't get the words. I understand nothing here. I understand the words when I read them but it's like you are speaking a bit like this but I don't know why. Sing like you sang the vanessa paradis song.

And also, don't isolate yourself cause you're super when the two of you are together, so even when you sing to him, you sing to him, when you sing to the camera, you sing to the camera but you need to have more direction. And keep to be together as well, cause it's weird, especially when you repeat pimp pimp one more time, play with each other and play with the audience together, a bit more complicity, don't lose it, I know you are nervous cause it's the first time that you do this. But really, it's good, it's top, I think you are going immediatly to see a reaction. You have to find the strenght in between you, this is your strenght. You are together. But spit the words, cause there you are crushing them. And, don't you turn your back. Don't do this. He's there, looking at you and you do this. It doesn't work, you can't. It's the complicity between the two of you which is beautiful, we are saving it.

…. more, if you think it's dumb, for us it's good. It helps, form over there, it's super, I swear.

Thank you very much!! :thumb_yello::original:

Here we go.

Mika and Frero

Imo: I like the Frero. I already looked for them on yt some weeks ago, I like the way they sing somebody else's songs.

Thanks a million for your works !!!!! :huglove::flowers2::

I'm totally agree with you, Frero is brilliant !!! :thumb_yello: