Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

But it's not 1942 anymore. It only takes 2 or 3 crazy men to terrorize the entire United States. A strong army cannot solve every problem.

Yep, and that's absurd... one sick person is doing whatever he likes and no one can stop him :doh:

No' date=' I mean that's why people expect them to solve the problem in Syria.[/quote']

Is it why you expect them to solve it? Because I can assure you there is not much the US can do if Russia and China are against interference.

Is it why you expect them to solve it? Because I can assure you there is not much the US can do if Russia and China are against interference.

LOL I believe you, I'm just saying there's a reason why people (not necessarly me) are pressuring the USA, and not France, for example. Or Germany.

LOL I believe you' date=' I'm just saying there's a reason why people (not necessarly me) are pressuring the USA, and not France, for example. Or Germany.[/quote']

But that does not make it the sole responsibility of the US to resolve through military action. You said that the blood will be on Obama's hands. He is not responsible for the bloodshed. But he'll sure be held responsible if he starts dropping bombs on Syria. That is why there is so much resistance to the US getting involved at all.

LOL I believe you' date=' I'm just saying there's a reason why people (not necessarly me) are pressuring the USA, and not France, for example. Or Germany.[/quote']

The fact that the US had all that power in the past doesn't mean they have it now.

But that does not make it the sole responsibility of the US to resolve through military action. You said that the blood will be on Obama's hands. He is not responsible for the bloodshed. But he'll sure be held responsible if he starts dropping bombs on Syria. That is why there is so much resistance to the US getting involved at all.

You're right, but Obama stated that when Assad starts using chemical weapons, the US will interfere... But then he postponed it over and over... That's why everyone expected something when there was evidence to it.

You're right' date=' but Obama stated that when Assad starts using chemical weapons, the US will interfere... But then he postponed it over and over... That's why everyone expected something when there was evidence to it.[/quote']

Yes but you have no idea how big the impact will be when they DO interfere and it doesn't necessarily mean that good will come of it.

Yes but you have no idea how big the impact will be when they DO interfere and it doesn't necessarily mean that good will come of it.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Though it sucks knowing that there are innocent people out there and there's nothing we can do about it.. :( :(

Yeah' date=' I guess you're right. Though it sucks knowing that there are innocent people out there and there's nothing we can do about it.. :( :([/quote']

Well, wars are not something of recent times. Innocent people have always been victims.

Every time the US takes military action it comes back to them... They get blamed for wars they are involved in, they get blamed for wars they are not involved in. :dunno:

Exactly. As an American I get so tired of hearing people complain about what a big bully the US is, and then they turn around and wonder why the US isn't "helping" in other situations. It truly is a "damned if you/damned if you don't" thing. I don't know what the right answer is in this particular case, but I do know that as the mother of a 21-year-old son who could easily be drafted, I do not want my country to go into a war if it doesn't absolutely HAVE to. :dunno: Maybe that sounds selfish, but he is MY child, and let's face it, it won't be the politicians fighting on the frontlines of any battles, it will be young men and women my son's age... and younger. :emot-sad:

Well, wars are not something of recent times. Innocent people have always been victims.

Yeah but in this case the leader is killing his own people, that's insane.. I've never seen something like that

Edited by lollipop161

Yeah but in this case the leader is killing his own people, that's insane.. I've never seen something like that

It's not the first time that a leader has killed his own people, not by a long shot, sadly. :no: I think you're just a little too young to have been aware of it before.

Just one recent example, Iraq's Saddam Hussein:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saddam_Hussein%27s_Iraq

For all of its wondrous things, and wonderful people, the world is, unfortunately, often a terrible, terrible place. :tears:

Exactly. As an American I get so tired of hearing people complain about what a big bully the US is, and then they turn around and wonder why the US isn't "helping" in other situations. It truly is a "damned if you/damned if you don't" thing. I don't know what the right answer is in this particular case, but I do know that as the mother of a 21-year-old son who could easily be drafted, I do not want my country to go into a war if it doesn't absolutely HAVE to. :dunno: Maybe that sounds selfish, but he is MY child, and let's face it, it won't be the politicians fighting on the frontlines of any battles, it will be young men and women my son's age... and younger. :emot-sad:

My grandfather was 18 I think when sent to the Dutch-Indies. Terrible things happened and noe tht he is 83 these traumas still dictate his every day life. Worst thing is, the Dutch soldiers were blamed for the war but they were not the ones who chose to go. It was still mandatory to enlist back then.

A war is easily started but hard to end.

It's not the first time that a leader has killed his own people, not by a long shot, sadly. :no: I think you're just a little too young to have been aware of it before.

Just one recent example, Iraq's Saddam Hussein:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saddam_Hussein%27s_Iraq

For all of its wondrous things, and wonderful people, the world is, unfortunately, often a terrible, terrible place. :tears:

Yeah probably not the first time unfortunately... but when it comes to be in your life time, and so close, it's like another prespective, it's different :huh:

I do know that as the mother of a 21-year-old son who could easily be drafted, I do not want my country to go into a war if it doesn't absolutely HAVE to. :dunno: Maybe that sounds selfish, but he is MY child

I don't know how anyone can call it selfish when you look at the situation in reverse. When was the last time anyone outside of the US's close Western allies voluntarily put their lives on the line to assist Americans? I would expect the US to come to Canada's aid in a crisis (in the way that Canadian diplomats helped the Iran hostages for example) but is this a reasonable expectation for every country in the world?

Of course we are all citizens of the world and no one wants innocent people to suffer but as you say risking the lives of "your own" needs to be an absolute necessity and not a step to be taken lightly. Obama promised to take action if chemical weapons were used and has pulled back. I guess you can criticize him for issuing the threat in the first place but the threat should not compel him to go in regardless of the consequences. I'm sure no mother wants him to risk their son's life to save political face or just act for the sake of showing that the US cares even if US military involvements does not stabilize the country and end the bloodshed.

Americans are being asked to trust that the intelligence coming out of Syria is accurate and to trust that their government is telling them the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And after more than a decade of being embroiled in foreign wars, much of it unjust in retrospect, much of it accepted at the time because of misleading propaganda, it's a lot to ask.

I totally understand you about your son :huglove:

Hubby and I both have dual citizenships, we are Canadians born in the USA (simply because we lived 1 mile from Vermont USA & the closest hospital to where we lived in Canada was an american hospital, 10 miles away)

When we passed through customs (before the passport was necessary), we had to say we were Americans, otherwise the custom officers would get upset. When hubby was 18ish, there was talks of drafting in the USA. As an american, hubby could have been drafted. He completely stopped going to the USA for quite a few years just in case.

Now, because we are both Americans, we had the privilege to give our children our US citizenship. We had to do it before they turned 18. I called the American embassy in Montreal, received all the paperwork & was ready to do it.

Then 9/11 happened... We decided not to fill the papers and forego their US citizenship they were entitled to. I was not willing to take a chance of them having to go to war, if drafting happened.

Because of what my oldest is studying, i wouldn't be surprised if someday, he ends up in California for work. He can then do like other Canadians do & apply for a green card.

i bet not too many people paid attention to the little giggle before, so it's not a big issue. life is too short people! :naughty:

When it comes to Popular Song, it isn't a "Ariana versus Mika" situation, it's Mika alongside Ariana... For all we know, she could be opening doors for him. :dunno:

:thumb_yello::naughty:

Love,love

me

From fcebook:

We’re announcing another competition next week, it’s a pretty good one. Stay tuned…

1395339_10151768256408040_2011378968_n.jpg

I wonder what will be this time...:aah:

Yes, I wonder if the fact that they chose something with puzzle pieces is any hint? :dunno:

I can understand that... :huglove:

I think it's different for a country like France, because our army is only professional at the moment. So the people who were sent in Mali this year for example were doing that as their job. It's an awful "job" of course, but people who apply for army know what they risk and they still choose it. I think it's totally different of situations when anybody can have to go to a war they didn't decide to do.

From fcebook:

We’re announcing another competition next week, it’s a pretty good one. Stay tuned…

1395339_10151768256408040_2011378968_n.jpg

I wonder what will be this time...:aah:

That's too many competitions for me :aah:

Swatch, Wicked, this new one... (even if I don't do the Wicked one) they think we are all as full of energy as Mika :mf_rosetinted: