Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

"Try to remember"? Please, Cath, as if there won't be a zillion reminders from us to watch! :naughty:

And yes, it starts at 8 p.m., but I think it runs two hours, so Mika might not be on until much later in the program. I don't usually watch this show, so I'm not sure when they usually have the musical guest on. But I will definitely watch and record! :thumb_yello:

i usually watch other shows on Mondays. gotta remember to watch DWTS or i'll be kicking myself for years!

i looked on wikipedia, so far this season the non-premire episodes of have had over 13 million viewers each so this could be a huge opportunity for Mika, like his biggest audience in the usa ever!

Anybody gonna open a new thread for this show btw? We're taking over the fb/twitter thread :teehee:

i looked on wikipedia, so far this season the non-premire episodes of have had over 13 million viewers each so this could be a huge opportunity for Mika, like his biggest audience in the usa ever!

He's been on So You Think You Can Dance which was also a big deal. :biggrin2:

I thought that Jay Leno show it's the biggest deal :rolls_eyes:

I just checked wikipedia, it says Jay Leno's show "regularly achieves" over 3 million viewers. SYTYCD (usa version) premiered in 2005 with 10million viewers, seems to have gone down since. So DWTS wins :)

here's hoping Mika tweets about the performance beforehand :pray: even better, a tweet from ariana

I just checked wikipedia, it says Jay Leno's show "regularly achieves" over 3 million viewers. SYTYCD (usa version) premiered in 2005 with 10million viewers, seems to have gone down since. So DWTS wins :)

here's hoping Mika tweets about the performance beforehand :pray: even better, a tweet from ariana

No,I mean big deal as importance,Jay Leno it's quite famous,even here in Europe.But for Americans,I guess DWTS it's a very popular show,from what I get :thumb_yello:

Was it on SYTYCD that he sang Love Today, before the Grammy's that LT was nominated in?

Just trying to get it straight in my head.

Of course, it would be great if it was only Mika singing solo, but at least his colab with Ariana is getting him where he needs to be.

It just upsets me that people still think it's her song, and I've got nothing against the girl, she seems really sweet and I do like her, but if I see anything on twitter I usually put them straight. One tweet I answered said something like... Popular Song By @ArianaGrande ft @mikasounds is a great song.

I replied.

Yes it is, but it's Mika's song, because he wrote it, and it features Ariana.

It's just a shame we have to keep telling people this,

But other than that, it's doing really great things for Mika's career, and probably also Ariana's.

SYTYCD (usa version) premiered in 2005 with 10million viewers, seems to have gone down since. So DWTS wins :)

I'm sure the ratings of SYTYCD would have gone up at some point after the first episode because it was the #1 show at one point. They had a huge national tour, I went to see it in Buffalo I think around 2006. Mika appeared during its peak period because it was the summer of 2007 and we had an influx of Americans on MFC who saw him for the first time on the show. But yes obviously DWTS is going to be a huge deal :biggrin2:

No,I mean big deal as importance,Jay Leno it's quite famous,even here in Europe.But for Americans,I guess DWTS it's a very popular show,from what I get :thumb_yello:

He is famous because he has been a stand up comic for 35 or 40 years and was involved in a lot of drama with other comedians because of the politics of getting and maintaining his spot on The Tonight Show. It doesn't mean anyone watches the show regularly. In fact all the political drama has made people despise him. And it's also the kind of show where people might just switch it on in their bedroom and watch Jay's monologue or maybe the first famous guest before falling asleep. The musical guest comes on at 12:30 am and by that time many have already switched it off and they would certainly not be motivated to stay up to watch someone they've never heard of.

Was it on SYTYCD that he sang Love Today, before the Grammy's that LT was nominated in?

Yes.

He is famous because he has been a stand up comic for 35 or 40 years and was involved in a lot of drama with other comedians because of the politics of getting and maintaining his spot on The Tonight Show. It doesn't mean anyone watches the show regularly. In fact all the political drama has made people despise him. And it's also the kind of show where people might just switch it on in their bedroom and watch Jay's monologue or maybe the first famous guest before falling asleep. The musical guest comes on at 12:30 am and by that time many have already switched it off and they would certainly not be motivated to stay up to watch someone they've never heard of.

That's really late,I had no idea.....Maybe this time will be different and he'll get more exposure among American media,I'm really curious now :thumb_yello:

That's really late,I had no idea.....Maybe this time will be different and he'll get more exposure among American media,I'm really curious now :thumb_yello:

Well he is charismatic and gorgeous. That would still be apparent even if he was singing with a full orchestra and choir. So I'm excited for this. I didn't actually realise it was such a big show.

We have Strictly Come Dancing on the BBC over here, which is like DWTS (Mika sang Celebrate on the opening show of Strictly last year) It's usually clashing with X Factor on ITV, and is a bit more popular than XF, but no one's that fussed. It's got this old fossil called Bruce Forsyth as the host, who's so far passed his sell-by-date it's unbelievable. He's like the real life version of Mr Burns from The Simpsons, so it's not such a good show.

It's got this old fossil called Bruce Forsyth as the host, who's so far passed his sell-by-date it's unbelievable. He's like the real life version of Mr Burns from The Simpsons, so it's not such a good show.

:roftl: I had to google him,you're right! :naughty:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 2m

Photo shoot tomorrow in milan then on to LA 2 perform on Dancing With The Stars USA with the amazing @ArianaGrande on Monday then bk 2Milan

Kristin Chenoweth ‏@KChenoweth 3m

@mikasounds LOVE IT

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 2m

@KChenoweth YO missing you! X

9996_10151891252146740_827918846_n_zps05955445.jpg

sigh

Yeah. Well.

If they had Mika's face on there 99% of the US population would be clueless, so if they want to attract viewers, they need Ariana. :dunno:

Yeah. Well.

If they had Mika's face on there 99% of the US population would be clueless, so if they want to attract viewers, they need Ariana. :dunno:

I found only this :

http://www.puredwts.com/2013/10/17/new-switch-up-challenge-dance-on-dwts17-week-6-ariana-grande-and-mika-to-perform/

and this on Twitter --

DWTS News ‏@DWTS_News

New “Switch-Up Challenge” Dance On DWTS17 Week 6,

Ariana Grande And Mika To Perform:

ABC MediaNet has... http://q.gs/4vZJE #DWTS

Edited by A. Clay

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 6m

We are watching this in Milan together. Only Elio is missing pic.twitter.com/bcbEjJxXnb

BWzsqIBIIAA9IFa.jpg:large

They are soooo cute! So nice to see they're friends also when the cameras stop rolling...

Who's feet is that, on the left?

9996_10151891252146740_827918846_n_zps05955445.jpg

sigh

:doh: FINE. People already decided it's Ariana's song, right? I wouldn't be surprised if from now on people will refer to it as "Popular song by Ariana Grande". But it sucks knowing that the person who did write it doesn't get any credit for it. And he sure as hell deserves it!!!

Not only in the US people think Popular is Ariana`s song "feat. Mika". In Ariana`s Russian Fan community lots of them think the same(( :chair: Of course, they don`t mind when someone indicates kindly Mika wrote it, but they are really surprised by this fact :confused:

This really sucks. Especially since we all know how hard Mika worked on this album and how much he deserves credit for it. They could've at least mention him in the poster!

They are soooo cute! So nice to see they're friends also when the cameras stop rolling...

Who's feet is that' date=' on the left?

:doh: FINE. People already decided it's Ariana's song, right? I wouldn't be surprised if from now on people will refer to it as "Popular song by Ariana Grande". But it sucks knowing that the person who did write it doesn't get any credit for it. And he sure as hell deserves it!!![/quote']

Yeah I hate it when Priscilla Renae doesn't get credited for writing this song...

FFS, why the hell are all of you making such a big problem of this? He'll be on the show as well, he won't just be Ariana's backing singer. Fact is, Ariana is more famous so using her for publicity of this show is common sense.

Yeah I hate it when Priscilla Renae doesn't get credited for writing this song...

FFS, why the hell are all of you making such a big problem of this? He'll be on the show as well, he won't just be Ariana's backing singer. Fact is, Ariana is more famous so using her for publicity of this show is common sense.

Well, either way, the song is Mika's. He's the one who put it in his album...

And it's frustrating because PS lately became all about Ariana...

I just think Mika should be respected... and putting a poster with only Ariana on it is disrepectful. Ok, not disrepectful, but... a little bit unfair.

I agree with you... Lots of songwriters are never known to the public, I feel it's the same for Popular:naughty: as long as they say they love it, it's great. Even Ariana said it was a Mika song, how people perceive it is a bit out of control:thumb_yello:

Well' date=' either way, the song is Mika's. He's the one who put it in his album...

And it's frustrating because PS lately became all about Ariana...

I just think Mika should be respected... and putting a poster with only Ariana on it is disrepectful. Ok, not disrepectful, but... a little bit unfair.[/quote']

It's Mika's song not because he put it on his album, but because he co-wrote it. That poster looks fan-made, it's only fair Ariana's fans put her first.

I rather think about the fact that all this happens because a lot of people in the US adopt Popular as their anthem and gave the song a proper light to shine:blush-anim-cl:

I don't understand the problem. The whole point of using Ariana in the song was to use her greater fame in the US to sell it. You want Mika to have the bigger credit? Then there wouldn't have been an expensive video, there wouldn't be appearances on The Tomight Show and DWTS. It's as simple as that.

Mika sells his songs wholesale to other artists like Madonna. In this case he gets to put his face and his voice out there alongside hers. It's a GOOD thing.