Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

I don't understand the problem. The whole point of using Ariana in the song was to use her greater fame in the US to sell it. You want Mika to have the bigger credit? Then there wouldn't have been an expensive video, there wouldn't be appearances on The Tomight Show and DWTS. It's as simple as that.

Mika sells his songs wholesale to other artists like Madonna. In this case he gets to put his face and his voice out there alongside hers. It's a GOOD thing.

:thumb_yello:

If I were Mika I would have been more annoyed with that ignorant woman at KIIS FM who talked about him like he'd just got off the boat to America two weeks ago because she hadn't bothered to research him. I cringed when she said that Mika had toured with Sara Bareilles because it made it sound like Mika had opened for Sara and not the other way around. I'm sure Mika knew what he was getting into with Ariana and that's the whole point. He'd already made a "Mika version" so involving Ariana after the fact was a deliberate move to capitalize on her fame.

I don't understand the problem. The whole point of using Ariana in the song was to use her greater fame in the US to sell it. You want Mika to have the bigger credit? Then there wouldn't have been an expensive video, there wouldn't be appearances on The Tomight Show and DWTS. It's as simple as that.

Mika sells his songs wholesale to other artists like Madonna. In this case he gets to put his face and his voice out there alongside hers. It's a GOOD thing.

It's all beneficial, I agree. But maybe it would help people learn his name and face if they'd at least mention him too.

This really sucks. Especially since we all know how hard Mika worked on this album and how much he deserves credit for it. They could've at least mention him in the poster!

Exactly, or put a pic of both of them. This is typical.

Oh well, when people tune in to see Ariana they'll also see a charismatic beautiful young man. At least it's getting him better known, that's the main thing. But as the singer/songwriter he ought to have credit.

Would it be so hard to have both of them on the poster?

This is really annoying,I understand she's a megaultrasuperstar in the US,but it's his song,they could have squeeze his photo or name in a corner as well,especially if he'll be also there to perform :sneaky2:

It's not the popularity, it's more about the fact that it makes people think it's Ariana's song, and I don't think that's what Mika wanted... She's a sweet girl, but I think her growing popularity has brought some unwanted situations, like when both Mika and Ariana appear on DWTS and they only advertise Ariana. It's good that she's helping the to sell the song. I just hope people won't forget it was Mika who wrote it.

It's all beneficial, I agree. But maybe it would help people learn his name and face if they'd at least mention him too.

Yes sure it would help there's no disputing that but the situation is what it is. They want to promote their show and Ariana is the draw. At least he is actually going to be on the show. Mika writes for other singers under a pseudonym and even we don't know he's the songwriter, nevermind random people looking at the FB page of a TV show.

If Mika had taken this route in 2007 maybe we wouldn't even be having this conversation because he would already be well known in his own right by now. We all know you can't get famous in the US simply by being a good singer/songwriter. Even in Adele's case it was an extraordinary stroke of luck that she appeared on SNL the night Tina Fey and Sarah Palin appeared and all of North America heard about it. No one tuned into the show to watch Adele, they tuned in for Tina/Sarah.

It's not the popularity' date=' it's more about the fact that it makes people think it's Ariana's song, and I don't think that's what Mika wanted... [/quote']

Then he shouldn't have recorded a song with her. :dunno: Sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too.

If I were Mika I would have been more annoyed with that ignorant woman at KIIS FM who talked about him like he'd just got off the boat to America two weeks ago because she hadn't bothered to research him. I cringed when she said that Mika had toured with Sara Bareilles because it made it sound like Mika had opened for Sara and not the other way around. I'm sure Mika knew what he was getting into with Ariana and that's the whole point. He'd already made a "Mika version" so involving Ariana after the fact was a deliberate move to capitalize on her fame.

Exactly. He's said in many interviews, it was the label that hooked them up -- this was a calculated move to get more exposure in the US.

And about that KIIS interview -- can I just say, Ouch? I too was so annoyed with the way the interviewer said how Mika had toured with Sara Bareilles. :sneaky2: And then for them to post "Grace Kelly" and call it, "Why Don't You Like Me?" I mean, if anyone in the US knows Mika it's for one of two songs, Grace Kelly or Love Today. They couldn't get the title of his most well-known song right? :doh: Talk about getting no respect.

It's not the popularity' date=' it's more about the fact that it makes people think it's Ariana's song, and I don't think that's what Mika wanted... She's a sweet girl, but I think her growing popularity has brought some unwanted situations, like when both Mika and Ariana appear on DWTS and they only advertise Ariana. It's good that she's helping the to sell the song. [b']I just hope people won't forget it was Mika who wrote it.[/b]

People won't *forget* because they won't know to begin with. People in general don't really care about who wrote the song, and they especially don't care about Mika getting credit because they aren't Mika fans like we are.

I think we need to focus on the donut, and not the hole, as my mother-in-law used to say. The "donut" in this case is that Mika is getting a huge amount of exposure and will be on one of the highest rated television shows in the US. This is a really, really good thing. :thumb_yello: Once everyone sees him and (hopefully) falls in love with him they'll be curious about who is he and will look him up on Google as many of us did, and THEN they'll see that he's the one who wrote Popular Song, as well as many other fantastic songs. At least, in a perfect world, that's the way it ought to work. :pray:

EDIT: I wanted to add that I just had a look at the Dancing with the Stars Facebook page, and have read the comments under the Ariana photo for next week. The comments range from "Who?" to "She sucks!" to "This is a dance show forget about the lousy filler acts." Maybe 1 or 2 people came to her defense. :teehee: So... if you consider the reaction she's getting, I think we ought to be glad Mika's face isn't there! I can just imagine the comments!

Edited by dcdeb

How it should be done :)

http://www.examiner.com/article/ariana-grande-and-mika-to-perform-hit-song-popular-on-dwts#sthash.Gol0tLWS.uxfs

. . . and now we have this on Twitter from Ariana :

Ariana Grande ‏@ArianaGrande 1h

'#YoursTruly fact.. #PopularSong when U hear me laugh at 1:43

it was because the producer said "big floppy penis" in my headphones...

Idk why'

. . . receiving a bazillion responses from her fans !

Edited by A. Clay

Exactly. He's said in many interviews, it was the label that hooked them up -- this was a calculated move to get more exposure in the US.

And about that KIIS interview -- can I just say, Ouch? I too was so annoyed with the way the interviewer said how Mika had toured with Sara Bareilles. :sneaky2: And then for them to post "Grace Kelly" and call it, "Why Don't You Like Me?" I mean, if anyone in the US knows Mika it's for one of two songs, Grace Kelly or Love Today. They couldn't get the title of his most well-known song right? :doh: Talk about getting no respect.

People won't *forget* because they won't know to begin with. People in general don't really care about who wrote the song, and they especially don't care about Mika getting credit because they aren't Mika fans like we are.

I think we need to focus on the donut, and not the hole, as my mother-in-law used to say. The "donut" in this case is that Mika is getting a huge amount of exposure and will be on one of the highest rated television shows in the US. This is a really, really good thing. :thumb_yello: Once everyone sees him and (hopefully) falls in love with him they'll be curious about who is he and will look him up on Google as many of us did, and THEN they'll see that he's the one who wrote Popular Song, as well as many other fantastic songs. At least, in a perfect world, that's the way it ought to work. :pray:

EDIT: I wanted to add that I just had a look at the Dancing with the Stars Facebook page, and have read the comments under the Ariana photo for next week. The comments range from "Who?" to "She sucks!" to "This is a dance show forget about the lousy filler acts." Maybe 1 or 2 people came to her defense. :teehee: So... if you consider the reaction she's getting, I think we ought to be glad Mika's face isn't there! I can just imagine the comments!

Wise words. That's what I hope for too. We know Mika is the person who stands out wherever he is and whatever he does. So hopefully it'll be like

"OMG who is that gorgeous guy with the incredible voice?"

*Everyone looks him up, plays Popular Song on YT (realises it's his song) and plays his other songs on YT, joins MFC*

There you go! (although Popular Song isn't from Wicked, but based on a song from Wicked. :dunno: ) I'm sure as Monday approaches other blogs/media will pick up the ABC release to promote the DWTS show -- hopefully Mika will get a mention in those, as well.

What the hell:

Ariana Grande ‏@ArianaGrande 58m

#YoursTruly fact.. #PopularSong when U hear me laugh at 1:43 it was because the producer said "big floppy penis" in my headphones... Idk why

:blink:

That means she also recorded her version of the song without Mika? :blink:

Edit: I get it now,she was talking about the version with Mika.

Edited by krysady

wise words. That's what i hope for too.

We know mika is the person who stands out wherever he is and

whatever he does. So hopefully it'll be like "omg who is that gorgeous guy

with the incredible voice?"

*everyone looks him up, plays popular song on yt (realises it's his song)

and plays his other songs on yt, joins mfc*

+1 exactly

What the hell:

Ariana Grande ‏@ArianaGrande 58m

#YoursTruly fact.. #PopularSong when U hear me laugh at 1:43 it was because the producer said "big floppy penis" in my headphones... Idk why

Thank you Ariana Grande, for making me think about big floppy penises every time I hear this song. :annoyed_h4h:

Wise words. That's what I hope for too. We know Mika is the person who stands out wherever he is and whatever he does. So hopefully it'll be like

"OMG who is that gorgeous guy with the incredible voice?"

*Everyone looks him up, plays Popular Song on YT (realises it's his song) and plays his other songs on YT, joins MFC*

That's exactly what happened to me with Les Enfoirés TV show in France :naughty:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 4m

Hey guys, check me out on @IHeartRadio #Nextup, featured on LA's http://KIISFM.com @1027KIISFM #popularsong http://tinyurl.com/ptavcru

We haven't seen yet the middle video there! (right?) Mika is working on his acting skills... I can't watch it, it's stuck for me :aah: Is it possible to upload this to YouTube? :pray: