Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

FRom Mika FB page:

"We have received loads of letters asking about Mika's music and if he's working on a new record, plus we know a lot of you are talking about it and worrying that TV shows and other things mean he's not writing music. We wanted to put your mind at rest - we are happy to confirm that Mika is already working on his next album and will be spending time in the studio in the next few months. We'll keep you posted on the news but expect exciting things… "

I can't wait to have more news! :boing::boing::boing:

Our admins know better, ask them.

all I can say is that Mika is a unique celebrity who`s attentive, polite and very patient towards his fans. We have a chance to meet him after some shows, isn`t that great ? He`s such a big star but he`s so human.

I`m not sure Mika has enough time to read and follow the forum. But I think MikaTeam is definitely aware of the fandom`s mood . All the rest is a mystery:wink2:

Thak you :wub2:

Indeed, one of the things I love most of him is that although he's a star he still human and so gentle and bighearted with his fans. Speaking for my country, I hope he'll keep being the same "despite" (maybe it's not the right term) the huge success he has now in Italy.

:wink2:

FRom Mika FB page:

"We have received loads of letters asking about Mika's music and if he's working on a new record, plus we know a lot of you are talking about it and worrying that TV shows and other things mean he's not writing music. We wanted to put your mind at rest - we are happy to confirm that Mika is already working on his next album and will be spending time in the studio in the next few months. We'll keep you posted on the news but expect exciting things… "

I'm very happy to read it! :thumb_yello::mikalove:

FRom Mika FB page:

I'm glad they wrote this, maybe it was something obvious but I feel more relieved now, as they realized there was a bit of worry about it

I can't wait for the "exciting things"!! :teehee:

FRom Mika FB page:

While being happy to receive some news, I can't help feeling sad/uneasy that it is needed:blink:

FRom Mika FB page:

Feels so nice to read that, it put a smile on my face :original:

I just found this tweet about the new album..

...in french..wow :wub2::wub2::wub2:

#Mika a déjà écrit 4 titres (en français) pour son nouvel album, sur lequel il travaille actuellement. #TheVoice

Would be nice to know where he got the information. Probably the fact itself is true, was to be expected anyway, but would be nice to have a source for this statement.

I hope for a pearl like "Un soleil mal luné" again :wub2: And hope I won't have the "Karen-effect" with "Ma Jeunesse" again :huh: (Personally I just love the first live version of Karen so much more than the studio version)

While being happy to receive some news, I can't help feeling sad/uneasy that it is needed:blink:

Of course, my first feeling was happiness because it means they've taken fans into account, but after a while I thought the same as you, I mean, was it necessary? It seems like we don't trust him anymore and I do not feel like that! I trust him, but you know we are here to express our feelings and opinions.

Exactly! In fact, I feel quite ashamed that this obviously is necessary - why can't we just believe what MIKA is saying, over and over again !? ...:doh:

Love,love

me

Being a singer/musician, you'd think it's obvious, but it's not at this time.

It does reassure me that he is still into making music, which is great. :mika2:

It hasn't been obvious for months

so :yay: Can't wait to hear chatter on twitter & on blogs about people who hear bits and pieces :wub2:

til then .... :wait:

Being a singer/musician, you'd think it's obvious, but it's not at this time.

Yes why is it so unexpected that when what someone is doing is totally inconsistent with what they are saying that people will question it. Sorry but the trust of many was broken when Mika signed onto X Factor in the first place. These assurances should have come a year ago and not after we've been waiting all this time for Mika to get back on track and instead he signs up for a second show and has expressed an interest in signing up for a third show. Not to mention watches, clothes, beer, and now 12 months worth of TV adverts.

It's totally ridiculous to expect fans not to wonder how he got so far off track and when he's coming back. Even a random journo in Italy can spot the inconsistencies in his statements nevermind fans who are following him closely.

It's totally ridiculous to expect fans not to wonder how he got so far off track and when he's coming back.

I totally agree :thumb_yello:

If we don't expect anything from him means that we don't trust him. As long as expectation doesn't convert into pretense.

Edited by PaolaC

It's totally ridiculous to expect fans not to wonder how he got so far off track and when he's coming back. Even a random journo in Italy can spot the inconsistencies in his statements nevermind fans who are following him closely.

I agree. Even if I'm still a charmed newbie who trusts him whatever he does ( I really do) I'm aware fandom has hundreds of different people and minds. It's unlikely to think there wouldn't be different opinions, doubts, critics. I can spot some inconsistencies by myself (and I say myself ... well... let it go :naughty: he does and says what he has to, like everyone else in his work and social life).

So, even if I first felt bad that this statement was needed, now I'm just happy they did both because of the meaning of the sentence (he's actually working on something, I believe them cause that would be too much risky make a fake official statement like that) and because I'm glad someone over there does care about fans opinion (and read letters and facebook messages and stuff like that).

I'm wondering if "We wanted to put your mind at rest" actually means "We wanted to put your tongue at rest" :aah: Or , better, your typing fingertips ... :roftl:

Edited by Elwendin

I know what you mean :huglove: I feel the same.

Funny thing is that I can't see any inconsistency in his words/actions even I find honesty really important. Maybe I use a filter in general: who or in which role the person says things, to whom they are said and what is the situation. Sometimes it's human to be wishful, sometimes there's a temptation (for everyone) to exaggerate a bit. Sometimes people really don't need to know the truth and I don't see it as a lie if it's obvious to everyone it's a story.

And if I can see he really wants and hopes something of course I believe in his words even I know we can't know for sure and that the final result is somewhere in the future. It's important to me to have faith in him and also to think that if something doesn't go as planned in the end (because life is unpredictable) it's still okay, he surely did his best.

I don't think he personally cares what anyone says and I'm not worried about that, and I was also glad to read the message from his FB as it comes from his management and tells they are doing their job.

Edited by tiibet

Besides the matter of the last fb upload, I do appreciate that his staff read us and reply indirectly to our thoughts (or better, our anxieties:aah:)

Since I'm "new" here this is new to me!:teehee:

It has always been like this? I'd like to know :wink2:

Well, sort of.

In the early, early days Mika had time to read this forum and others. Back in the days of myspace, he'd even reply to fans there fairly often. But now, I'd guess he doesn't have the time to read -- or at least not often. That doesn't mean that his friends/family/band/management team aren't reading, though. :fisch: And that's always been the case.

The Mod/Admin team here is in touch with Mika's management almost daily. We often share what's going on/what the mood is here. And they are definitely reading Facebook, and maybe even Twitter and MFC now and then.

#Mika a déjà écrit 4 titres (en français) pour son nouvel album, sur lequel il travaille actuellement. #TheVoice

Would be nice to know where he got the information. Probably the fact itself is true, was to be expected anyway, but would be nice to have a source for this statement.

Yes, I'd like to know, too. This guy's profile says he's a journalist, so maybe he's interviewed Mika recently. But still would be nice to know for sure.

I'm wondering if "We wanted to put your mind at rest" actually means "We wanted to put your tongue at rest" :aah: Or , better, your typing fingertips ... :roftl:

:lmfao: Ah, Elwendin, as Christine said the other day, you are indeed a quick study. :wink2:

Maybe I use a filter in general: who or in which role the person says things, to whom they are said and what is the situation.

I don't see it as a lie if it's obvious to everyone it's a story.

And if I can see he really wants and hopes something of course I believe in his words even I know we can't know for sure and that the final result is somewhere in the future. It's important to me to have faith in him and also to think that if something doesn't go as planned in the end (because life is unpredictable) it's still okay, he surely did his best.

I'd like to have your skills to understand him so well. I suppose I will learn that in some years. Meanwhile, I just have faith in him, as you wrote. But I can't prevent myself to have some alerts and some questions in my mind, which I usually try to fix reading here on mfc or asking around. I sometimes try to think on my own, then check the answers talking with people. I often feel dumb cause the obvious isn't that obvious to me (in real life as well, I'm pretty naif). Little by little I'll be more able to develop those decipher-Mika-behavior skills you oldlings master that well.

Oh s h t ! While I was writing how a poor student I am in understanding Mika's behaviour, you were writing this :

:lmfao: Ah, Elwendin, as Christine said the other day, you are indeed a quick study. :wink2:

I shouldn't have said the things I said .... Eraaaaase!!!

Edited by Elwendin

Well, sort of.

In the early, early days Mika had time to read this forum and others. Back in the days of myspace, he'd even reply to fans there fairly often. But now, I'd guess he doesn't have the time to read -- or at least not often. That doesn't mean that his friends/family/band/management team aren't reading, though. :fisch: And that's always been the case.

The Mod/Admin team here is in touch with Mika's management almost daily. We often share what's going on/what the mood is here. And they are definitely reading Facebook, and maybe even Twitter and MFC now and then.

Oh, thank you very much for explaining :huglove:

I've heard about that at the beginning he read and replied on MySpace and even if he doesn't do this anymore (obviously) I appreciate that his staff take us into account someway and that they are in touch with the admin of MFC.

Thank you again :wink2:

I'd like to have your skills to understand him so well. I suppose I will learn that in some years. Meanwhile, I just have faith in him, as you wrote. But I can't prevent myself to have some alerts and some questions in my mind, which I usually try to fix reading here on mfc or asking around. I sometimes try to think on my own, then check the answers talking with people. I often feel dumb cause the obvious isn't that obvious to me (in real life as well, I'm pretty naif). Little by little I'll be more able to develop those decipher-Mika-behavior skills you oldlings master that well.

No I don't understand him or anyone else well, but of course I know after all these years that some things are stories or "regular answers". Don't worry, you are already learning fast!

And to tell the truth, sometimes I feel this huge sadness because I can FEEL there won't be any new music soon (there are moments like that and there have been moments like during the years) but I can't let that sad feeling take over me, so I just focus on other things happening (like watching X Factor or Voice atm) and being happy for his success and what he is doing and waiting for new music in the future.

I know what you mean :huglove: I feel the same.

Funny thing is that I can't see any inconsistency in his words/actions even I find honesty really important. Maybe I use a filter in general: who or in which role the person says things, to whom they are said and what is the situation. Sometimes it's human to be wishful, sometimes there's a temptation (for everyone) to exaggerate a bit. Sometimes people really don't need to know the truth and I don't see it as a lie if it's obvious to everyone it's a story.

I don't think he personally cares what anyone says and I'm not worried about that, and I was also glad to read the message from his FB as it comes from his management and tells they are doing their job.

Thanks, I feel less alone :huglove:

I'm in the same boat as you. I still take statements at face value. We shall just have to learn from the wise gurus!

We've found EVEN MORE prizes in the cupboard... and just as well, the entries to the Doodle Competition so far as SO GOOD!! So we have a total of 124 prizes to give away, from t-shirts to remix vinyl, limited edition phone covers to CD singles and albums. We are going to make prize 'bundles' so there will be a total of 30 WINNERS, each receiving a few items in the post. There will be 10 winners from Part 1 LICM, 10 from Part 2 TBWKTM and 10 from Part 3 Origin of Love. Then there will ALSO be 1 overall winner, who will receive a special doodle drawn by Mika himself! So, 31 winners...!!! We will announce the winners of Part 1 on Thursday, so you have 1 week to go - good luck everyone and happy doodling!

995858_10151977984778040_104119513_n.jpg

We've found EVEN MORE prizes in the cupboard... and just as well, the entries to the Doodle Competition so far as SO GOOD!! So we have a total of 124 prizes to give away, from t-shirts to remix vinyl, limited edition phone covers to CD singles and albums. We are going to make prize 'bundles' so there will be a total of 30 WINNERS, each receiving a few items in the post. There will be 10 winners from Part 1 LICM, 10 from Part 2 TBWKTM and 10 from Part 3 Origin of Love. Then there will ALSO be 1 overall winner, who will receive a special doodle drawn by Mika himself! So, 31 winners...!!! We will announce the winners of Part 1 on Thursday, so you have 1 week to go - good luck everyone and happy doodling!

995858_10151977984778040_104119513_n.jpg

Darn eyeball t shirt!

No I don't understand him or anyone else well, but of course I know after all these years that some things are stories or "regular answers". Don't worry, you are already learning fast!

And to tell the truth, sometimes I feel this huge sadness because I can FEEL there won't be any new music soon (there are moments like that and there have been moments like during the years) but I can't let that sad feeling take over me, so I just focus on other things happening (like watching X Factor or Voice atm) and being happy for his success and what he is doing and waiting for new music in the future.

What's the point of new music if it won't sell? That's why I don't mind waiting.

I don't understand the urgency for a new album. The second one took 3 years, and after the touring stopped, in 2008, there was nothing much going on. We had to get by on pictures of Mika entertaining ladies in Paris, and hanging out with Lady Gaga.

The third one took about another 3 years, with not a lot going on in between the albums.

At the moment, there is a lot happening. Okay, I admit, I wish he was in UK, doing something to raise his profile here, but I am thrilled at what he has achieved in Italy and France recently.

When Mika does release the next album, I want it to be a phenomenal success all over the world, and of course, the UK. That's why I'm not stressing out about it, and why I will be patient and wait for him to do what he has to do, in order to ensure that success.o

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

What's the point of new music if it won't sell? That's why I don't mind waiting.

I don't understand the urgency for a new album. The second one took 3 years, and after the touring stopped, in 2008, there was nothing much going on. We had to get by on pictures of Mika entertaining ladies in Paris, and hanging out with Lady Gaga.

The third one took about another 3 years, with not a lot going on in between the albums.

At the moment, there is a lot happening. Okay, I admit, I wish he was in UK, doing something to raise his profile here, but I am thrilled at what he has achieved in Italy and France recently.

When Mika does release the next album, I want it to be a phenomenal success all over the world, and of course, the UK. That's why I'm not stressing out about it, and why I will be patient and wait for him to do what he has to do, in order to ensure that success.o

:thumb_yello: As so many times before, you print what I'm thinking! :huglove:

Love,love

me