Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

yeah, i think that mika speaks italian and french is also a point that gets him fans though those shows. i remember how i got excited about him counting to 4 in german in "only lonely one"... :naughty:

I think it is great that Mika's appearances on these shows is sparking some people's interest and making them listen to his music and find in-depth interviews where he talks about himself and they get to know him. I just don't believe there is anything that is actually happening on these shows that would make someone think he is a genius or an extremely sensitive or deep human being.

So some people are going to discover the "real" Mika by watching tons of videos and listening to his music, and attending his gigs, etc. and others are just going to see him on TV and think he's hot. I would think this would be a particular issue in Italy with young fans who don't really understand French and English so they are not much exposed to Mika's backstory since he never spoke Italian until recently.

And I still can't imagine what existing fans get out of these shows except looking at Mika's pretty face and awing over his silly antics. I am not talking about the tiny minority who are able to attend the tapings but the rest of us who are only seeing the end result.

you put it more brilliantly than i would have done. Thanks. At least we're 2.:huglove:

five!

Edited by ceebs

For me it all started with XFactor. As I wrote in my introduction to this forum, I don’t usually listen to the radio, so I wasn’t really aware of who Mika was. Of course I knew the song Grace Kelly, and I liked both Rain and Love Today, but it ended there, for me.

I had no intention whatsoever to watch the last season of XFactor: I had watched all the previous ones, and I had had enough of it. It was the same old story every year, and I had started enjoying the show less and less with every season that was aired.

When I heard that there would be Mika as a judge, I decided to watch the first episode of the auditions because I was curious. I love foreign languages, they’re my biggest passion and I’ve studied some of them for years, so what I really wanted to see was how he was going to speak Italian, that is a pretty difficult language. I have to admit I wasn’t expecting him to be able to communicate so efficiently, and this really impressed me. I also noticed that he’s quite an handsome man, I would be lying if I told you the contrary. I loved watching him interact with Morgan and Elio, and I appreciated almost all his choices during the course of the show.

I guess at some point I found myself becoming more and more curious about him as an artist, and that’s when I started to develop an actual interest in him and his world.

That’s how I started looking for his albums and I discovered songs that are today very dear to me.

Then I heard Toy Boy, read its lyrics, and I was hooked.

This is exactly what I hoped for, with regard to the people watching the talent shows.

Everything leads people to his music, then they are hooked, not just by a TV personality, but by a brilliant singer-songwriter.

I think it is great that Mika's appearances on these shows is sparking some people's interest and making them listen to his music and find in-depth interviews where he talks about himself and they get to know him. I just don't believe there is anything that is actually happening on these shows that would make someone think he is a genius or an extremely sensitive or deep human being.

So some people are going to discover the "real" Mika by watching tons of videos and listening to his music, and attending his gigs, etc. and others are just going to see him on TV and think he's hot. I would think this would be a particular issue in Italy with young fans who don't really understand French and English so they are not much exposed to Mika's backstory since he never spoke Italian until recently.

And I still can't imagine what existing fans get out of these shows except looking at Mika's pretty face and awing over his silly antics. I am not talking about the tiny minority who are able to attend the tapings but the rest of us who are only seeing the end result.

I was in Milan last year and talked with a lot of people who had discovered Mika via XF and everyone seemed to genuinely appreciate his efforts to learn Italian/to learn to know Italian music and culture and they looked and sounded impressed by his language skills, knowledge and understanding. He had totally charmed them with his personality (even he is a foreigner and even they didn't expect it). Most of these people were adults of course, I'm sure there are a lot of young fans blinded by his pretty face too :naughty:

I find it incredibly bizarre that 5 people are in total agreement with Marta's post even though anyone who is fully fluent in English can see that one of her reasons for disagreeing with me is based on a misunderstanding of what I said.

Bizarre yet not surprising at all unfortunately.

I also agree with this, as well. I can see both your points. To me, you both have valid ones.

And as far as I'm concerned, I haven't the time nor energy to devote to deep discussion of this topic, so when I see something that I agree with, I will say so. I am doing so now.

That said, I am bowing out of further discussion. Have a nice day/evening.

I guess I am not making myself clear. When you have your ideal man in mind he may have brown hair, he may be tall, maybe he loves animals and children, maybe he is really smart, maybe he is romantic, maybe he doesn't drink too much, maybe he is loyal, maybe Glee is his favourite show, etc. etc. When you first meet someone you don't know if they have any of these qualities and values and interests. All you know is they have brown hair and they are tall. And since their looks match your ideal you are hoping everything else matches your ideals too. Unfortunately this is rarely the case. :naughty:

Very wise words :thumb_yello: I "kick" myself sometimes for adding too much of my own personality in "Mika" existing in my head :naughty:

For me it all started with XFactor. As I wrote in my introduction to this forum, I don’t usually listen to the radio, so I wasn’t really aware of who Mika was. Of course I knew the song Grace Kelly, and I liked both Rain and Love Today, but it ended there, for me.

I had no intention whatsoever to watch the last season of XFactor: I had watched all the previous ones, and I had had enough of it. It was the same old story every year, and I had started enjoying the show less and less with every season that was aired.

When I heard that there would be Mika as a judge, I decided to watch the first episode of the auditions because I was curious. I love foreign languages, they’re my biggest passion and I’ve studied some of them for years, so what I really wanted to see was how he was going to speak Italian, that is a pretty difficult language. I have to admit I wasn’t expecting him to be able to communicate so efficiently, and this really impressed me. I also noticed that he’s quite an handsome man, I would be lying if I told you the contrary. I loved watching him interact with Morgan and Elio, and I appreciated almost all his choices during the course of the show.

I guess at some point I found myself becoming more and more curious about him as an artist, and that’s when I started to develop an actual interest in him and his world.

That’s how I started looking for his albums and I discovered songs that are today very dear to me.

Then I heard Toy Boy, read its lyrics, and I was hooked.

That's cute :) I think that we all have discovered Mika by differents ways and loved him for differents reasons: handsomeness, intelligence, humbleness... But we became curious and we discovered Mika, with really more qualities that we had noticed before. And That's why it's great to be fan of Mika, each day you are more proud of being so. (Sorry for m'y english, hope you andurstood me...)

Just à question: who are the persons mentionned on the Mika's photo on the Mika's Facebook page?

As far as I am concerned (but this is a personal perspective and I think it is different for everyone) I enjoyed seeing him working for once somehow in the 'musical backstage', if you know what I mean.

I didn't watch the voice because my French is very poor and because I am not so keen on the format, so I am basing myself on the last season of XF.

I enjoyed watching his human approach to the contestants, but more that that I enjoyed listening to his opinions, not because they were his of because his face was pretty, but because I found them intelligent and appropriate (even if I didn't always agree with him).

I also enjoyed discovering what songs he had chosen and why he had chosen them, and I enjoyed how he really made an effort to develop his girls' musical personalities: sometimes I agreed with him sometimes I didn't, yet I was entertained by it.

I would never call him a genius after a season of XF (I wouldn't call ANYBODY a genius for a tv programme btw XD) and I get your point, but I have to admit that he really emerged as a smart man and artist with a well defined personality. That's why I got interested in him in the first place :)

I find it incredibly bizarre that 5 people are in total agreement with Marta's post even though anyone who is fully fluent in English can see that one of her reasons for disagreeing with me is based on a misunderstanding of what I said.

Bizarre yet not surprising at all unfortunately.

Yes, the big problem in these convos is that language can be very tricky for us no native speakers.

He's also a couple of months younger than my son, so it would be weird of me to fancy him. I don't think of him romantically. He's more like a family member, in my heart.

I feel the same way. Mika is one month older than my youngest son. I never have looked at him in a romantic way. I am totally fascinated with his voice and his music. I heard his voice before I ever saw what he looked like. His voice was what caused me to check out more about him and invest myself in his music, his vision.

...he really emerged as a smart man and artist with a well defined personality.

...yes, this is also the center of my previous discussion, beyond any linguistic misunderstandings. :blush-anim-cl:

Just à question: who are the persons mentionned on the Mika's photo on the Mika's Facebook page?

I'm not sure I know which photo you are referring to. Can you link to it, or be a little more specific?

This one :wink2:

Aha. So you mean the "avec"... and the names that come after? Those are just people who have "tagged" themselves in that photo. Other fans. :thumb_yello:

Aha. So you mean the "avec"... and the names that come after? Those are just people who have "tagged" themselves in that photo. Other fans. :thumb_yello:

Ah, sorry...:blush-anim-cl:

I thought that his managers tagged themself or friends on the photo...

Sorry :teehee:

Oh yes, sometimes on FB Im also tagged in photos, ist ok. Hm, back to the Point. Hm, think a main problem is to reduce someone of something. In Mikas case his looking. Only "to be in love is no good basic of fandom. Think you know what I mean. Surely Mika is handsome and I also what say sexy. But thats not all. There are some good looking singers, pretty faces. But often they bored me. I have seen many artists and shows. But a Show must not be good with many glitter, much Skin. Mikas looking is a nice effect in it but what impressed me it his energy, spirit on stage. It's like a special magic:wub2: He once said, on stage he feels safe and it's true, He also has an fasinicating personality, sadly not all see it. I like him as whole and it will surely not change if he grows older, gets a clean head...

yeah, i think that mika speaks italian and french is also a point that gets him fans though those shows. i remember how i got excited about him counting to 4 in german in "only lonely one"... :naughty:

:lmfao:

I agree with what you are saying here. For the last part, I have to say that I think I will watch the new XF season, as I watched the last one. Yes, even after all these The Voice shows. I don't know exactly why, and maybe it will be so boring that time that I will actually stop watching after the first show. But I'm intending to watch (I even bought a book to learn Italian, yes, I'm crazy :aah: but let's say it's because I will be in Roma in August :fisch:), not because he is hot :naughty: but because I hope I can still discover some new sides of Mika through it. And I love to watch him coaching people, telling advices and so. It's like I was learning a lot thanks to him.

I don't know, it's strange :dunno: maybe it will be more clear when XF shows will start again :naughty:

Very wise words :thumb_yello: I "kick" myself sometimes for adding too much of my own personality in "Mika" existing in my head :naughty:

:wink2:

Ah, sorry...:blush-anim-cl:

I thought that his managers tagged themself or friends on the photo...

Sorry :teehee:

Don't worry, there is no bad questions :wink2:

Yes, the big problem in these convos is that language can be very tricky for us no native speakers.

Yes, it is :aah:

Oh yes, sometimes on FB Im also tagged in photos, ist ok. Hm, back to the Point. Hm, think a main problem is to reduce someone of something. In Mikas case his looking. Only "to be in love is no good basic of fandom. Think you know what I mean. Surely Mika is handsome and I also what say sexy. But thats not all. There are some good looking singers, pretty faces. But often they bored me. I have seen many artists and shows. But a Show must not be good with many glitter, much Skin. Mikas looking is a nice effect in it but what impressed me it his energy, spirit on stage. It's like a special magic:wub2: He once said, on stage he feels safe and it's true, He also has an fasinicating personality, sadly not all see it. I like him as whole and it will surely not change if he grows older, gets a clean head...

That's why, more than pure beauty or "hotness", I prefer to talk about charisma :thumb_yello:

I get your point, but I have to admit that he really emerged as a smart man and artist with a well defined personality. That's why I got interested in him in the first place :)

I can understand that. But I also got the same impression from the other coaches on the Voice.

It's not Marta's response that I find bizarre. It is the response of people who do understand what I said. I appreciate Marta's opinion and the fact that she is trying to contribute something to the conversation. So sorry Marta please don't think I am being critical of a misunderstanding. :huglove:

That's why, more than pure beauty or "hotness", I prefer to talk about charisma :thumb_yello:

What I think I have been talking about is having a crush on Mika. If you are 16 years old and not seriously interested in what he's really about that manifests itself in thinking he is hot. In others it manifests itself in a different way. It doesn't mean you have inappropriate fantasies about someone who is young enough to be your son but it can mean you see things through rose coloured glasses.

I will tell you why I had a crush on Mika and how it manifested itself but I need to run atm. :naughty:

It's not Marta's response that I find bizarre. It is the response of people who do understand what I said. I appreciate Marta's opinion and the fact that she is trying to contribute something to the conversation. So sorry Marta please don't think I am being critical of a misunderstanding. :huglove:

No problems! :huglove:

Even if i haven't understood what the misunderstanding was about...

but it is normal not to understand a misunderstanding...oh my god what am I writing??? :shocked::doh:

What I think I have been talking about is having a crush on Mika. If you are 16 years old and not seriously interested in what he's really about that manifests itself in thinking he is hot. In others it manifests itself in a different way. It doesn't mean you have inappropriate fantasies about someone who is young enough to be your son but it can mean you see things through rose coloured glasses.

I will tell you why I had a crush on Mika and how it manifested itself but I need to run atm. :naughty:

*Waiting for the story with popcorn ready*

And, just to be clear for everyone here, I COULDN'T be Mika's mother, as I'm only 4 years older than him :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

No problems! :huglove:

Even if i haven't understood what the misunderstanding was about...

but it is normal not to understand a misunderstanding...oh my god what am I writing??? :shocked::doh:

:teehee: