Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

What I don't find funny, is that MIKA often seems to be critizised for most of what he does. Nothing seems to be good or right! If you don't like my simple try to be a bit sarcastic about it, it's fine by me. There are several things written on this forum that I don't appreciate either - just say...:wink2:

Love,love

me

Not everyone is going to like everything Mika does, and that is their right, just as much as it is his choice to do what he wants with his career.

If people want to air their opinion about it here, that is their right too, just as much as it is the right as well for people to love everything he does.

All the time I have been a member on MFC, I have been extremely supportive of Mika, as have ALL his UK fans, and as far as I know we still are. So some of us don't like the talent shows (and I think that there are are a lot of other nationalities that don't either) that doesn't mean we don't understand Mikas decision to do them.

And as far as how things have gone in the UK due to his sales, that isn't just a factor in the UK. Are sales in your country as good as in France and Italy? Is his name there on everyones lips? Yet I am not making condescending remarks about that, am I?

Yes, the UK is where he made his name, and I am gutted that he is not as big here as it looked like he was going to be, and I have pushed tirelessly here in whatever way I can to push his music over the years to get him noticed here again. And when people make remarks like you did, it makes me see red, because I won't stop trying to support him here, and it looks to me like we here don't have the support of fans here in trying to do that, even though in the past I myself have supported other fans in other countries in their endevours to get Mikas name out their.

Maybe before you make remarks like that, you should think about things like that.

sorry, I find it funny and i laughed reading it :blush-anim-cl: no offense :huglove: it's just a joke I think :huglove:

I'm afraid I don't see the joke. It looks like a catty remark to me.

Asking someone to sign a non official biography is at least impolite.

Anyway his Italian, both unauthorized, biographies are a total cr*p (although one has good pictures), so I think it's normal that he accepted to write something official when asked by a well renowned publishing house. I'm not sure he's going to tell something new and totally truthful :naughty:, but at least he can take advantage of his fame and control the information flow.

Asking someone to sign a non official biography is at least impolite.

Anyway his Italian, both unauthorized, biographies are a total cr*p (although one has good pictures), so I think it's normal that he accepted to write something official when asked by a well renowned publishing house. I'm not sure he's going to tell something new and totally truthful :naughty:, but at least he can take advantage of his fame and control the information flow.

Exactly :thumb_yello:

I read in autumn. Also I've seen some tweets of italian fans saying that he wasn't very pleased when they asked him to sign the unofficial biography,maybe that's why he wants to release an official version.Moreover,it would be silly from him not to take advantage of those opportunities,imo,and live in expectations that maybe someday another country could ask him.....I see him as a dynamic person,who likes to work and being busy,maybe he's tired of knocking on closed doors over the years,and enjoy these new experiences.

Yes I agree. Atm in UK his book wouldn't sell. No one knows him anymore.

I don't see it as Mika ignoring the UK, I see it as the UK ignoring him.

But Mika is smart. He'll get in through the back door one day. For now, he's taking the opportunities where he can find them, and here on MFC, we're all along for the ride.

Happy days everyone. Let's have a virtual high-five.

But Mika is smart. He'll get in through the back door one day. For now, he's taking the opportunities where he can find them, and here on MFC, we're all along for the ride.

:thumb_yello:

:hi5:

totally agree! :hi5:

Totally agree! Christine, we are waiting for your bio of Mika :wink2: it may be "slightly" different of what he will give us this autumn, it will be very interesting :teehee:

I actually think the only interesting biography would be one written by a professional biographer and fully authorized by Mika. Someone who could seriously interview his family, friends, colleagues, etc. People close to Mika who have his permission to talk. Something like the Steve Jobs bio that came out just after he died. It was extremely "real" and didn't sugar coat or omit anything because it made him look bad.

Autobiographies are one-sided and biased and I think in Mika's case in particular he is not ready to be honest with the world. In fact sometimes I wonder if he is even honest with himself about certain things but I guess we'll never know what goes on in his head versus what he says.

I think he could write an entertaining book of memoirs though but if it's not written by him and not written (first) in English it's not of any interest to me. The Italian cooy of the XL columns lost the nuance of what he was trying to say and I could not hear Mika's "voice" in them.

I understand Mika has more opportunities in France and Italy but I will still never understand why he chooses to waste so much time on things that are irrelevant to his music and have little artistic merit. Just because he has offers doesn't mean he should take them. Sure many markets have shut their doors at the moment but that was not always the case. In the past Mika was too busy making and sharing his music to bother with it.

And that is the crux of the matter for me. Not WHERE he spends his time but the fact that he is wasting his time on things that are relatively worthless. Who is going to be wearing Mika's clothes in 20 years? How many people are going to read this bio and is it going to contain anything Mika hasn't already said a million times? Obviously I could go on and on because it seems that not a week goes by without news of Mika working on something that is not his music.

Great songs last decades, people remember them for their entire lives and they are passed down from generation to generation. Not only does it have more worth than sitting in a judge's chair or selling beer and making plastic watches, but Mika is truly good at it in a way that he is not as good at these other things.

I actually think the only interesting biography would be one written by a professional biographer and fully authorized by Mika. Someone who could seriously interview his family, friends, colleagues, etc. People close to Mika who have his permission to talk. Something like the Steve Jobs bio that came out just after he died. It was extremely "real" and didn't sugar coat or omit anything because it made him look bad.

Autobiographies are one-sided and biased and I think in Mika's case in particular he is not ready to be honest with the world. In fact sometimes I wonder if he is even honest with himself about certain things but I guess we'll never know what goes on in his head versus what he says.

I think he could write an entertaining book of memoirs though but if it's not written by him and not written (first) in English it's not of any interest to me. The Italian cooy of the XL columns lost the nuance of what he was trying to say and I could not hear Mika's "voice" in them.

I understand Mika has more opportunities in France and Italy but I will still never understand why he chooses to waste so much time on things that are irrelevant to his music and have little artistic merit. Just because he has offers doesn't mean he should take them. Sure many markets have shut their doors at the moment but that was not always the case. In the past Mika was too busy making and sharing his music to bother with it.

And that is the crux of the matter for me. Not WHERE he spends his time but the fact that he is wasting his time on things that are relatively worthless. Who is going to be wearing Mika's clothes in 20 years? How many people are going to read this bio and is it going to contain anything Mika hasn't already said a million times? Obviously I could go on and on because it seems that not a week goes by without news of Mika working on something that is not his music.

Great songs last decades, people remember them for their entire lives and they are passed down from generation to generation. Not only does it have more worth than sitting in a judge's chair or selling beer and making plastic watches, but Mika is truly good at it in a way that he is not as good at these other things.

+1:thumb_yello:

I think he doesn't really care about 20 years ahead or about letting his footprint in the future. I'm not sure it's important for him to know that people will or won't sing his 2014 song in 20 years. I think he is more interested in the idea of people singing his 2034 songs in 20 years :wink2: of course, it's just my opinion, never talked with him about this subject :teehee:

you are right.

music lives forever, but the rest will be soon forgotten

I'm not sure it's important for him to know that people will or won't sing his 2014 song in 20 years. I think he is more interested in the idea of people singing his 2034 songs in 20 years :wink2: of course, it's just my opinion, never talked with him about this subject :teehee:

I am not implying he would want people to only care about decades-old songs if he is making new music in 2034. I am talking about a legacy that survives after one's career or their life has passed. I don't know why anyone would assume he doesn't care. It is human nature to want to leave a legacy. Especially if one is ambitious and famous. I can't believe he wouldn't rather be known as one of the world's great artists instead of someone who flogged mobile phones on Italian TV. The flawed thinking here is that the latter is going to somehow lead to the former.

I am not implying he would want people to only care about decades-old songs if he is making new music in 2034. I am talking about a legacy that survives after one's career or their life has passed. I don't know why anyone would assume he doesn't care. It is human nature to want to leave a legacy. Especially if one is ambitious and famous. I can't believe he wouldn't rather be known as one of the world's great artists instead of someone who flogged mobile phones on Italian TV. The flawed thinking here is that the latter is going to somehow lead to the former.

But he has made a terrific effort with the video for BBB. When we think of the videos that have made their mark, just as an example, think of MJ's Thriller Video which is just as good today as when it was made, and remains iconic.

In the early days, yes, Mika was concentrating on his music, but his videos were like home videos. Frankly, they were rubbish. The only one with any artistic merit was Happy Ending.

I think Mika is making his mark, but because his record company don't back him up as they should, he does other things as well. I also think he really likes having his fingers in many pies. He isn't just a popstar, but everything he does leads people to the music.

I think we just have to wait and see what happens next.

But he has made a terrific effort with the video for BBB. When we think of the videos that have made their mark, just as an example, think of MJ's Thriller Video which is just as good today as when it was made, and remains iconic.

Well we haven't seen it yet. It looks like a lot of fun, especially if you are a Mika fan. But I don't know if it's Thriller just yet. :naughty:

I think Mika is making his mark, but because his record company don't back him up as they should, he does other things as well. I also think he really likes having his fingers in many pies. He isn't just a popstar, but everything he does leads people to the music.

It leads some people to his music, it drives others away. I will never understand how the solution to slipping record sales is to dump the people who originally bought your music to chase after the ones who were never interested. But whatever, that is water under the bridge now. I don't want to argue about it anymore but I can understand why it continues to come up and why the people who stood by him through thick and thin feel abandoned.

Yes, you are right!

Especially after he makes such a deal about the passing of famous song writers or artists who left their marks through the passage of time. And his words sound so sincere.

In the early days, yes, Mika was concentrating on his music, but his videos were like home videos. Frankly, they were rubbish. The only one with any artistic merit was Happy Ending.

Really? that's the one i like the least, after Underwater. The fake floating through the air just doesn't do it for me. As for Underwater, well... i do like the underwater scenes, but that's about it. :naughty:

Grace Kelly's video has a home feel to it, but there's nothing wrong with that.

BG is just ok.

LT is just ok

Rain is good.

Popular is a great video

The thing is, and this goes for every country, he has his hardcore fans who know absolutely everything he does, and you have the fans who love his music and don't follow or know what he is doing if it's not happening in their country, but if they are made aware of something happening where they are, will buy the music, watch the vids and go to the shows. Now this does not mean they are unsupportive of anything he does outside their country, but because they started following him for his music, and aren't really that bothered about the other stuff, but when he brings put music in their country, and really put in 100% of himself behind it, as much as he does for these tv shows, they will show themselves at gigs and buy the records.

But until Mika does this in countries he has neglected, and I'm not just banging the UK drum here, I mean EVERY country that he started touring in, and some he hasn't even reached yet, where his music is loved, but he hasn't visited them yet.

He constantly says in interviews, that he wants to be doing his music in 35 years time, which gives us hope, but when he starts on a music project , to make ot complete and pure, he needs to give it 100% , without distractions, then he will get the interest of the fans who aren't aware of what's going on.

Edited by RAK1

The GK video is still my personal favorite. It looks home made but it's so special :wub2: I really hope the new video will as funny and interesting as it looks, can't wait to see it.

He could easily make his biography entertaining and interesting, adding new personal details, but not sure it will happen. He might want to just use the opportunity and collect the money instead of giving it to unofficial ones :dunno: We will see.

The GK video is still my personal favorite. It looks home made but it's so special :wub2: I really hope the new video will as funny and interesting as it looks, can't wait to see it.

He could easily make his biography entertaining and interesting, adding new personal details, but not sure it will happen. He might want to just use the opportunity and collect the money instead of giving it to unofficial ones :dunno: We will see.

yeah... kinda like GK too

is biography might be interesting... i wonder if it will start with "Hi, my name is Mika and i was born in Beirut" :naughty:

MIKA official Verified account ‏@mikasounds

Another still from the Boum Boum Boum video shoot.

Bqwi5v7CUAA-Uzs.jpg

756845497_LiarLiarPantsonFire_YDR_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Isn't that from Wonkaland?

Edited by nenartus