US Dancing with the Stars - October 21, 2013

dcdeb

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed that. It was nicely done and he looked great. And yes it was very much like Star Academie.

I can't believe anyone watches this show though. The judges are boring/ridiculous and why does anyone want to see people who can't dance, dance? :aah:

Is the Glee person still on the show? That Cha Cha Cha Saved By the Bell chick was smokin hot but I am very sad to have broken my lifelong streak of avoiding Snooki.

Yes, Amber who did the samba with Derek (the blonde pro dancer) is the girl from Glee.

And it was very well done. :wub2: I think they still muffed the line "hid during classes", though. Watch how Ariana looks at Mika and then giggles a bit -- seems they still weren't sure who was supposed to sing that line. But they covered much better this time, anyhow. :naughty:

I really enjoyed that. It was nicely done and he looked great. And yes it was very much like Star Academie.

I can't believe anyone watches this show though. The judges are boring/ridiculous and why does anyone want to see people who can't dance, dance? :aah:

Is the Glee person still on the show? That Cha Cha Cha Saved By the Bell chick was smokin hot but I am very sad to have broken my lifelong streak of avoiding Snooki.

Yes, Glee girl is still on the show, it's Amber Riley... She danced the samba with Derek Hough the blond man... They were quite good... They had a high rating...

EDIT: Dayum, whether it's the convo going on in this thread or my phone is being very slow to write a post! (It's been happening to me quite a few times)

Edited by RayaBadran

I guess J-Lo was watching. That should be his next duet. :naughty:

Reach for the star! :naughty:

Yes wow, his suits are always super tight, but those pants were full-on floods like I've never seen. :lmfao:

i know! i was hoping i wasn't seeing properly & that he had a black cuff at the bottom or something, but yeah, his pants were short :naughty:

Nice review of their performance:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/10/21/ariana-grande-mika-popular-song-dwts-october-21/

When it comes to winning Dancing with the Stars, skill is only part of the equation; you also have to be “popular” with the viewers at home – so it’s only fitting that Ariana Grande and Mika paid the ABC competition show a visit Oct. 21 to perform a song of the same name!

The impossibly adorable duo lightened the mood on the otherwise tense episode — as if any episode of this show isn’t tense – with a bubbly performance of their song, which samples “Popular” from the Broadway musical Wicked.

A track on Mika’s third studio album The Origin of Love, “Popular Song” originally featured vocals by Priscilla Renea, but she was eventually replaced by Ariana to make the song more marketable in the United States.

Ariana looked adorable in a navy sweater and very short black skirt. Her long legs were covered with black tights. She wore sparkly gold eyeshadow and wore her hair half up in her signature curls. She also rocked a cat ear headband. She looked gorgeous and happy on stage.

Mika looked sharp in a blue suit with a black skinny tie and white shirt. They make a great pair and sounded so good together.

EDIT: And another...

http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/2013-10-21-ariana-grande-mika-perform-popular-video

Just when we thought Dancing With the Stars 2013 couldn't get any better, pop princess Ariana Grande and Mika stopped by to perform on Season 17, Week 6! After grueling performances from all of our favorite pairs, it was nice to relax and watch the troupe dancers do their thing while these two took the ballroom by storm.

Their new duet "Popular Song" is featured on Ariana's album Yours Truly, but it was originally on Mika's The Origin of Love. It is based on the song "Popular" from Wicked and will actually be featured on an upcoming anniversary CD for the musical, out October 29.

While sometimes performers don't sound their best on DWTS, these two hit it out of the park with their harmonies, Ariana's insanely high notes, and their fun stage presence. The only thing that would have been better about their performance? If they were the ones singing during the "Switch-Up Challenge," perhaps singing a bunch of pop hits (and classic songs) one by one. Maybe in a dream world.

Check out their performance below, then you tell us: Do you think Ariana and Mika delivered a great "Popular Song"? Sound off in the comments!

i know! i was hoping i wasn't seeing properly & that he had a black cuff at the bottom or something, but yeah, his pants were short :naughty:

I guess I'm just used to it -- I never even noticed, and actually, don't think they look that bad! :dunno:

:naughty:

Hmm... the official video was on the Dancing with the Stars YouTube account... and then they removed it. :blink:

They have all the other dances online already, even though they haven't all aired on the West Coast yet, but they took Mika down?

It is going to be aired tonight on the West Coast - in a few mins.

Um, no, the West Coast is 3 hours behind me. It would have been finished airing by 1 a.m. my time I think. Unless they started it later than 8 p.m. their time. :dunno: And as I said, they had all the other videos online already -- Mika's video WAS online, but then they took it down.

Mika is so dandy in this blue suit.

This time a duet sounded better than on Jay Leno Show, probably because they coordinated things more and so Ariana didn`t miss her lines this time:teehee: Or probably because she`s wearing black shoes:teehee:

But I`d prefer more Mika`s voice here, though I understand this wasn`t his performance.

But it was nice and charming, thanks for posting and photos uploaded !