Mika concert

dreams

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Mika makes us overcome our fears then....

Cassilda, you got caught in a trap, can't look back ...

Mika makes us do things we never thought we would do... When it comes to him, I get as fearless as when I have to protect my own kids:naughty:

The feeling you get when you see him in flesh on stage is indescritiple... :wub2:

It was the most exhilarating trip I had ever taken up until then and once we had the little pre-gig dinner with other MFCers everyone was sooooo welcoming!

I don't think you should ever be scared going to a gig in a city with other MFCers (well at least not in Northamerica! :aah:) we really do take care of our own...:wub2:

Actually my first time in Europe for a gig was just kind of mind blowing in the sense of belonging to MFC. I was at Brixton Academy and there are probably 100 or more people in each row. I was in the front and when I looked around I knew every face, all around me. It is such chaos going into the doors it's virtually impossible to stay with your friends but it didn't matter because I knew everyone.

And at Sadlers Wells in 2009 it was preassigned seating so everyone was allowed into the lobby for drinks pre-gig and there were so many people there that even in an hour I did not have the chance to say hi to everyone.

One of the best moments for me was also in NYC when we went out for a post gig dinner and I thought...this is so cool, these are all my people. I had formed relationships with you all at different times and in different places and it was wonderful to bring everyone together all at once.

How much time do I usually have before it's sold out, are there different tickets according to the rows.... )

Every time a gig is announced there will be a thread in the pre-show section and you can discuss these details there as circumstances will vary for each gig. Usually the locals will have the best idea since they are familiar with the venue. I would recommend you get yourself some sort of debit card that can be used to make purchases via Visa or Mastercard, if you can't get a credit card. It's going to make your life a lot easier travelling as well as buying things online.

I am always amazed that people in Europe don't have credit cards. I have never heard of that here. :aah: I got a credit card when I was 17 and I don't even think they could hold me legally responsible to pay my bills at that age. They just hand them out like candy here. I will get actual cards that I did not apply for mailed to my house that already have a credit limit of many thousands of dollars! :shocked:

I was not a real "fan" before, I just "only" liked the music very much...

In september 2009 I heard that there would be a Mika concert in Vienna in march 2010, I thought "why not" and bought three tickets (for me, my sister - she had to drive, as I was too scared to drive to Vienna, and my daughter)

My expectations were: go there, enjoy, done.

What happend: went there, went crazy, made party, enjoyed pure happines, didn't get enough since then :mf_rosetinted:

My story was the same it just happened between 2006 and early 2007. I saw Mika very early in his career and before I became a fan girl...I didn't even have a good sense of what he looked like before the gig and knew nothing about his personality. So I didn't have that sense of "OMG he is really real" that many people do at their first gig. Although my second gig was very different and I was totally mesmerized.

I believe Mika makes us overcome our fears then....

Cassilda, you got caught in a trap, can't look back ...

I have no doubt he'll have a gig in Italy, don't worry :thumb_yello:

BTW, it looks like we're all telling our story of how we lost our "Mika-virginity". Oh, that didn't sound well... forget about it ><"

I have no doubt he'll have a gig in Italy' date=' don't worry :thumb_yello:

[/quote']

I suppose that will be overcrowded :sneaky2:

I would recommend you get yourself some sort of debit card that can be used to make purchases via Visa or Mastercard, if you can't get a credit card. It's going to make your life a lot easier travelling as well as buying things online.

I am always amazed that people in Europe don't have credit cards.

I better ask to some italian fan to help me to get the difference between debit cars and credit card, I'm so not good when it comes to that. I've always distrusted credit cards, they cost, they allow you to spend money you don't have, and they can be cloned .. I once read Mika doesn't like them as well :aah:

But if I'll have to, I'll do it.

I am always amazed that people in Europe don't have credit cards. I have never heard of that here. :aah: I got a credit card when I was 17 and I don't even think they could hold me legally responsible to pay my bills at that age. They just hand them out like candy here. I will get actual cards that I did not apply for mailed to my house that already have a credit limit of many thousands of dollars! :shocked:

wow! :shocked: i'm kinda glad they don't do it like that here tho - a lot of people, especially younger ones, just aren't responsible enough and would spend money they don't have. :aah: i only had my first bank account at the age of 16, and credit card only once i had my own regular income. that's when they offer them to you. sometimes it comes for free with your bank account, sometimes you have to pay 20€ per year or so.

I better ask to some italian fan to help me to get the difference between debit cars and credit card, I'm so not good when it comes to that. I've always distrusted credit cards, they cost, they allow you to spend money you don't have, and they can be cloned ..

I don't know what the situation is in Italy but mine don't cost any money. I think the cloning issue is more of a problem in Europe and you need to keep an eye on your card when someone is handling it. But the card should protect you against fraudulent charges and you don't have to pay them. You should discuss these things with your bank, probably not Mika fans. :wink2:

I better ask to some italian fan to help me to get the difference between debit cars and credit card, I'm so not good when it comes to that. I've always distrusted credit cards, they cost, they allow you to spend money you don't have, and they can be cloned .. I once read Mika doesn't like them as well :aah:

Sylvie, maybe there's something similar in Italy:

we can buy "fake" (don't know how to call it) credit cards, in the post office and some shops also, it's available for € 50, 100 and 150 and it's like a "real" credit card, you can take it everywhere where mastercard is accepted...

I agree with Christine - you'll need either a credit or a credit 'debit' card for buying stuff since many sites don't have a paypal option

Oh there's 2 other things mika made me do: get a credit debit card and apply for a U S visa :aah: things I had meant to do for years but never got aroun to until I became a fan and realized I would need both to go to gigs!

I hate credit cards too - I've seen them destroy many people with debt and sometimes the lure to spend $ you don't have is too great.. Most places now offer you a card that functions like a credit card but is actually a debit card - in that you can't spend more than is actually physically in the account and there are no late fees (tho they charge a small processing fee a few times a year). I use the visa debit which is called the visa electronic in the uk I think?

All of the gigs I went to were general admission with no assigned seating.. Which I love cos then you get to get front row based on q-ing on the day of the concert:aah: and tix sell FAST for some places! Ahhh... The excitement, nerve wracking-ness an anticipation of waiting on gig tix to go online and then scoring some! Enough excitement to last you the whole day lol

wow! :shocked: i'm kinda glad they don't do it like that here tho - a lot of people, especially younger ones, just aren't responsible enough and would spend money they don't have. :aah: i only had my first bank account at the age of 16, and credit card only once i had my own regular income. that's when they offer them to you. sometimes it comes for free with your bank account, sometimes you have to pay 20€ per year or so.

I know it's not smart to give younglings credit cards but I have never understood the restrictions with bank accounts in the UK for instance. I had a savings account in my name when I was 7 and I needed a chequing account when I was 14 because I had a job. I don't know what the big deal is. You only have control over your own money. It's not like a credit card where it allows you to incur debt. :dunno: If children aren't taught to manage their own money it's no wonder they go bananas with a credit card when they finally get one.

But this practice of sending people cards without their authorization is a real nuisance. I am worried someone is going to steal it and I don't even know it exists, muchless that it is stolen. They even sent one to my parents' house in my maiden name and I wasn't using that name and I wasn't even living in Canada so I obviously did not have a job in Canada. It had a $5000 credit limit. :shocked:

I do have a kind of debit card then. I have to check how it works and if it works abroad. I did that in order to have the paypal...

PS Mika fans speak the truth, banks don't! (Just kidding) :wink2:

If there is an interact/plus sign on it, it should work abroad.

:teehee:

I find it so funny reading similar stories :naughty:

I remember the days I was a newbie in here, and I think, one of the first things I told, was:

I won't see Mika anymore, cause I won't travel for gigs...(cause I am scared, cause I don't drive in foreign countries, cause my husband probably doesn't want me to travel, etc)

Guess, what happend :mf_rosetinted:

:floor::floor::floor:

I still hope that there will be a concert in Slovenija once...:pray:

(Or Northern Italy)

It would be so handy for me :teehee:

Me too but on the other hand, if my parents will let me go it won't matter, as long as it's in Europe. Dreams, can't wait to meet you. :thumb_yello:

If there is an interact/plus sign on it, it should work abroad.

Interac is our network. In Europe they mainly use Maestro I believe. It's like cell phone networks. You can use your Rogers cell phone abroad but that doesn't mean people iin Italy are using Rogers networks. That's why she needs to ask her bank and not discuss this with us. :naughty:

Interac is our network. In Europe they mainly use Maestro I believe. It's like cell phone networks. You can use your Rogers cell phone abroad but that doesn't mean people iin Italy are using Rogers networks. That's why she needs to ask her bank and not discuss this with us. :naughty:

Interact is canadian but Plus is international. Just like Cirrus and others. Just need to ensure the ATM is on the network your card use.

And those logos are usually display on the back of the card.

Indeed. :hug:

I actually hope there will be some mfciers so nice to help me. I'm not scared about meeting people, I'm scared about jumping on the wrong train, missing a flight, being alone and lost in the street by night...

I have to take it easy when it comes to gig reports, since then I get too impatient. But it will come handy when I'll look for a kick to get brave and leave.

How do we get the tickets? I've never been to a gig before...

Hi, and btw, I love MJ too :) About your fears; A lot of my friends feel the same way and are stunned that I dare to travel by myself so confidently outside of Sweden as often as I do, being a woman. The best advice I could give you is to prepare the best you possibly can before you go on your trip; Look up time tables and print them out and the most important thing to do: Check out the streets of the city/cities you're going to on Google Maps. Use the yellow figure and put him anywhere on the map you want and you can "walk around" and learn the streets so you can feel confident that you won't get lost. Also; Don't walk around places where there's hardly any people late at night by yourself; Take a cab back to your hotel :aah:

However, if you don't feel confident and are frightened then you shouldn't travel by yourself in my opinion. If you're too young maybe you should go with a parent or sibling?

And also; Meet up with MFCers when you're there :)

Hi, and btw, I love MJ too :) About your fears; A lot of my friends feel the same way and are stunned that I dare to travel by myself so confidently outside of Sweden as often as I do, being a woman. The best advice I could give you is to prepare the best you possibly can before you go on your trip; Look up time tables and print them out and the most important thing to do: Check out the streets of the city/cities you're going to on Google Maps. Use the yellow figure and put him anywhere on the map you want and you can "walk around" and learn the streets so you can feel confident that you won't get lost. Also; Don't walk around places where there's hardly any people late at night by yourself; Take a cab back to your hotel :aah:

However, if you don't feel confident and are frightened then you shouldn't travel by yourself in my opinion. If you're too young maybe you should go with a parent or sibling?

And also; Meet up with MFCers when you're there :)

Well, how do you know someone is MFCer??:blink:

Well, how do you know someone is MFCer??:blink:

Just pick out the ones that are crazy enough to queue for twelve hours or more, bring signs, balloons, soap for blowing bubbles, and other props to a concert, but don't act hysterical :mf_rosetinted:

No, seriously, just ask around in the first few rows and you'll probably find a couple.

Just pick out the ones that are crazy enough to queue for twelve hours or more, bring signs, balloons, soap for blowing bubbles, and other props to a concert, but don't act hysterical :mf_rosetinted:

No, seriously, just ask around in the first few rows and you'll probably find a couple.

:naughty::thumb_yello::teehee:

Interact is canadian but Plus is international. Just like Cirrus and others. Just need to ensure the ATM is on the network your card use.

And those logos are usually display on the back of the card.

They work internationally but she is not necessarily going to have them on her debit card because there are other networks she can use when travelling in Europe.