new name for fans ?

JosefineDK

So i have been thinking(dangerous) i know that fans are sometimes referred to as MFCers, but I don't think that is very practical.

1 because its hard to say in normal speed.

2 it always makes me think of a biker club, sort of like hells angels etc.

Here it comes : mikanism(s), that means we are mikanists!!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i have been thinking(dangerous) i know that fans are sometimes referred to as MFCers, but I don't think that is very practical.

Not as much of a mouthful as Little Monsters.

MFCers is short and to the point I think.

Well, we have called ourselves lots of names. but MFCers is the one that has stuck :naughty:

I'm not sure why it makes you think of Hells Angels :teehee:

:biker:

I say no for 2 main reasons:

1. We have been MFCers for a long time, and I identify myself as an MFCer. It would be hard to change that, in my opinion.

2. MFCers means that we are all together, like a big family. Mikanists sound a little more distant.

Good to know that you were thinking to make it better, though. I like it the way it is, however.

and the Mika fans who aren't on MFC???

I think there should be a name for everybody (apart of mikafreaks, as Mika himself said he didn't like that)

I can't see anything wrong with just "Mika fans" :dunno:

I didn't say there was something wrong with ''Mika fans'', just that (I think) we should have a common name for all, being on MFC or not, MFCer seems to be strict to the the ones who are members of this site

I didn't say there was something wrong with ''Mika fans'', just that (I think) we should have a common name for all, being on MFC or not, MFCer seems to be strict to the the ones who are members of this site

We're all "Mika fans", but the ones that are on MFC are also MFCer, like Cassilda said. At least ... that's how I see it. :dunno:

Sorry I´m a MFC ´Ier for six years now and I want to call myself MFC ´ier for the next 30 years :wink2:

:thumb_yello:

I say no for 2 main reasons:

1. We have been MFCers for a long time, and I identify myself as an MFCer. It would be hard to change that, in my opinion.

2. MFCers means that we are all together, like a big family. Mikanists sound a little more distant.

Good to know that you were thinking to make it better, though. I like it the way it is, however.

But they are always welcome to become an MFCer. :wink2:

:naughty:

we all are Mikafans but Mikafans who joined MFC are MFC ´iers too. Nothing wrong with it. :wink2:

:teehee:

that's what I meant :wink2:

We're all "Mika fans", but the ones that are on MFC are also MFCer, like Cassilda said. At least ... that's how I see it. :dunno:

got it, and ''Mika fans'' is fine for me as well :wink2::wink2::wink2:

Hi Josefine :welcomeani:

I hope you feel welcome even with the feedback about the name. We have had these discussions a few times over the years and probably nothing else is going to stick at this point. There are people who love calling themselves Mika Freaks but Mika doesn't like it and some of us absolutely hate it.

I think there should be a name for everybody

I don't like the whole concept of "a fandom". I think it makes people act in bizarre ways and it's cultish. Just the fact that Mika Freaks still want to call themselves that when Mika doesn't like it is bizarre to me. It reminds me of a joke article on the Onion where Jesus said he was converting to Islam and the Christians all said they didn't care what he believed in they were going to worship Jesus anyway. :doh:

Those who are on MFC are MFcer, those who aren't are Mika fans (though I am calling myself both :teehee:)

Me too. :thumb_yello:

I don't like the whole concept of "a fandom". I think it makes people act in bizarre ways and it's cultish. Just the fact that Mika Freaks still want to call themselves that when Mika doesn't like it is bizarre to me. It reminds me of a joke article on the Onion where Jesus said he was converting to Islam and the Christians all said they didn't care what he believed in they were going to worship Jesus anyway. :doh:

1346839458-auto-dafuq-dafuq-did-i-just-read-200165.jpeg

I didn't mind with the term ''Mika Freak'', but since Mika doesn't like it, I'm forgetting this one and using only ''Mika Fans'', ''MFCers'' and ''Mikeiros'' (brazilian term for a fan of Mika) btw, has he explained why he doesn't like???

I didn't mind with the term ''Mika Freak'', but since Mika doesn't like it, I'm forgetting this one and using only ''Mika Fans'', ''MFCers'' and ''Mikeiros'' (brazilian term for a fan of Mika) btw, has he explained why he doesn't like???

I am not sure but I feel like he always associates the term "freak" with the negative (not fitting in, not being liked, etc.) even if he accepts it on himself in a way.

I think you all summed up it well , we are Mika fans and MFCers :naughty:

French variation is Mikettes and Spanish one Mikeras but none of them works for male Mika fans so that's a bit of a problem :bleh:

And I love you all Mika fans and MFCers :group_hug:

In Spanish the male fans are called ''Mikeros'' x)

I think there should be a name for everybody (apart of mikafreaks, as Mika himself said he didn't like that)

Yes, I don't see anything wrong with "Mika fans." I mean, Little Monsters aren't better fans just because of the name. Katykats aren't better just because of the name. Who needs that?

Absolutely. And it's free, so why wouldn't anyone join? :dunno:

Everyone can name itself Mikafan. There are millions of Mikafans all over the world, filling his facebook timeline or replying to his twitter account. Some are more persistent than others, some only like him, some go to gigs etc.

But MFCers are a community, nothing similar can be found in the net as far as Mika is concerned, we are part of a strongly bonded community, accepting certain rules and behaviour. We are nothing better, we are 'us'.

Well, I think MFCers are people registered here. There's already a more general term to call everybody who loves Mika's music: Mika fans :wink2:

I've been used to refer to us as the MFCers and would like to keep this name. It's quite difficult to try and say it in French, so I say it in English and know French people just refer to us as 'MFC'.