new name for fans ?

JosefineDK

So i have been thinking(dangerous) i know that fans are sometimes referred to as MFCers, but I don't think that is very practical.

1 because its hard to say in normal speed.

2 it always makes me think of a biker club, sort of like hells angels etc.

Here it comes : mikanism(s), that means we are mikanists!!!!

I thought we were called MikaFreaks??

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like MikaFreaks and Mika too, I prefer Mika Fans and ppl whos part of this comunity, MFCers :wink2:

I don't really care about what we're called actually. It's about what we do for him and he does for us right?

we all are Mikafans but Mikafans who joined MFC are MFC ´iers too. Nothing wrong with it. :wink2:

:thumb_yello: (I myself say MFCers without i, but it's not a problem I think :wink2:)

I think you all summed up it well , we are Mika fans and MFCers :naughty:

French variation is Mikettes and Spanish one Mikeras but none of them works for male Mika fans so that's a bit of a problem :bleh:

And I love you all Mika fans and MFCers :group_hug:

:thumb_yello: I hear also Mikamis for French :naughty: but I think it's more something like "my friends who are also Mikafans"

Everyone can name itself Mikafan. There are millions of Mikafans all over the world, filling his facebook timeline or replying to his twitter account. Some are more persistent than others, some only like him, some go to gigs etc.

But MFCers are a community, nothing similar can be found in the net as far as Mika is concerned, we are part of a strongly bonded community, accepting certain rules and behaviour. We are nothing better, we are 'us'.

:thumb_yello:

One thing I don't understand is why people are still using Mikafreaks proudly on his timeline when it's quite clear he doesn't like it.

I agree that MFCers are people registered here and as Robertina said, trying to have a respectful behaviour.

Mikafans are everybody who loves Mika :wub2:

And of course the respectful behaviour is not only found on MFC :wink2:, just to be clear

I think you all summed up it well , we are Mika fans and MFCers :naughty:

French variation is Mikettes and Spanish one Mikeras but none of them works for male Mika fans so that's a bit of a problem :bleh:

And I love you all Mika fans and MFCers :group_hug:

To me Mikettes are Mika's sisters and cousins when they all happen to be in a pic altogether...:naughty:

One thing I don't understand is why people are still using Mikafreaks proudly on his timeline when it's quite clear he doesn't like it.

I remember he said it recently in one Italian interview, but we don't have a translation of it, so I suppose those fans have no idea Mika dislikes this name :dunno: I wonder if there is another interview where he says it quite clear?

Personally I'm MFCer and Mika fan :)

I remember he said it recently in one Italian interview, but we don't have a translation of it, so I suppose those fans have no idea Mika dislikes this name :dunno: I wonder if there is another interview where he says it quite clear?

I tweeted something about the Italian interview and a girl told me in no uncertain terms she doesn't care and she will always be proud to call herself a Mika Freak. :dunno:

People are very strange sometimes :aah:

I think there's a belief that a couple of people have given them a bad name (in Mika's eyes) with their behaviour but it's not them or what they represent so there is no reason to not be proud of it. I don't think he ever would have wanted his entire fandom to be called Freaks because it has too many negative connotations. But that's just my opinion. I don't think he has said specifically.

Sorry,but no...

We shall be mfcers till the day we die...

Even coz its not so hard to say it currently....

And mikanists remind me of mechanics....

So its a no from me...

:naughty: I agree, then it gets too close "Mike & the Mechanics" ...:teehee:

I'm a 7 year old Mikafan- and a 2 year old MFCer, and happy with that ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

First of all, welcome to MFC. I'm glad you joined us.

I'm not quite sure why your first post into this community should be about what we call ourselves and wanting to change our name.

It doesn't quite make sense to me. Unless you are not new to MFC?:dunno:

I'm an MFCer because i belong to the Mika Fan Club.

It's that's simple. And I don't want to change :wub2:

Personally I'm MFCer and Mika fan :)

From 'the horses mouth'

RE: His fans :

01:27 -- 01:56 :)

Edited by A. Clay

Me too, it reminds me of poulettes, that's why i use it when he's all surrounded by females....:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: And it reminds me of The Ikettes - Ike Turners female dancers -back in the ancient tmes...:aah:

Love,love

me

Everyone can name itself Mikafan. There are millions of Mikafans all over the world, filling his facebook timeline or replying to his twitter account. Some are more persistent than others, some only like him, some go to gigs etc.

But MFCers are a community, nothing similar can be found in the net as far as Mika is concerned, we are part of a strongly bonded community, accepting certain rules and behaviour. We are nothing better, we are 'us'.

I'm here only since November, but I feel I belong so much. I totally agree with you. When I read the word mfc or mfcer, I feel affection and bondings, I would miss that. I'm committing in here, and I'm looking forward to the next years.

Besides, you can't pick a name and make it work. It just happens.

To be honest, I hate 'Mikettes'. It's ridiculous. It reminds me of Claude François' Claudettes

http://www.purepeople.com/media/claude-francois-et-ses-claudettes-1978_m17931

Me too, it reminds me of poulettes, that's why i use it when he's all surrounded by females....:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao::hi5:

:naughty: And it reminds me of The Ikettes - Ike Turners female dancers -back in the ancient tmes...:aah:

Love,love

me

I thought that would lighten up the debate :naughty: and it did :mikadas:

This thread is getting funny :teehee:

Agree! :thumb_yello:

Those who are on MFC are MFcer, those who aren't are Mika fans (though I am calling myself both :teehee:)

Quite

I don't get this thread at all. In almost every other area there's a general name and a specific club name- I'm a Mika fan and an MFC member, I'm a birdwatcher and I'm an RSPB member, I'm a (learner) dinghy sailor and a member of Scaling Dam Sailing Club. And club members can call themselves whatever they jolly well like.

Edited by Soaring Simpson