MIKA in concert with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra

guylainem123

This situation reminds me of that quote of Christine's. I don't remember it exactly , but it's something along the lines of "Mika is not a reliable source on Mika." Makes me laugh every time.

Edited by ceebs

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the article! It's really interesting especially the part about the album...

The funny thing is that every time he has put into his stories a bit of mystery :teehee: who is this mysterious actor that he can not reveal who he is? :aah:

p.s. if you want, I can do a quick translation of the article.

Edited by Lucrezia

Its good that there's lots of articles about it, but I'd be happier if there was something about it, in English.

Thank you for the article! It's really interesting especially the part about the album...

The funny thing is that every time he has put into his stories a bit of mystery :teehee: who is this mysterious actor that he can not reveal who he is? :aah:

Yes, please:pray:

That would be great, thank you! :thumb_yello:

We can raise some funds in here and buy that :naughty:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjh52nn2qqV0i0ilUZSlAilmE9CjJG17YwJ92yiJ9CcNtAWUMv

I'm sorry, I'm so amused by all this.

I don't need a lie detector. When he changes his story every 10 minutes and there is nothing to corroborate it, it's pretty obvious. :naughty: Besides we've been through this album phase enough times now and it's the same every time. He has never answered "no" if someone asks him if he's working on the next album. It doesn't matter if it's two days or two years since the last one. The answer is always "yes".

Oh wow I can't believe he's known about this for a year.

I see he's finally admitted that he was too busy with the TV shows to write anything at all until he went to LA. :fisch:

That was his story for the minute or so he took to say it, anyway :fisch:

It's no more or less likely to be true than anything else he's said. I'm well past the taking what he says with a truckload of salt stage, and don't bother to read what he's said in the first place.

Saves hours.

It's no more or less likely to be true than anything else he's said. I'm well past the taking what he says with a truckload of salt stage, and don't bother to read what he's said in the first place.

It's much more likely to be true because all evidence supports it and what he was saying before didn't make any sense at all. One day he was 50% finished and a week later he was 20% finished. Being a skeptic doesn't mean dismissing everything at face value any more than it means accepting everything at face value. When someone tells you the sky is blue after months of saying it is red and orange and green and purple all you have to do is look at the sky to know which claim is true. You don't conclude that they are all equally probable or improbable.

It's much more likely to be true because all evidence supports it and what he was saying before didn't make any sense at all. One day he was 50% finished and a week later he was 20% finished. Being a skeptic doesn't mean dismissing everything at face value any more than it means accepting everything at face value. When someone tells you the sky is blue after months of saying it is red and orange and green and purple all you have to do is look at the sky to know which claim is true. You don't conclude that they are all equally probable or improbable.

Christine, I think you should use this as your signature quote :mf_rosetinted:

:wink2:

Here's a short translation!

Tomorrow I'll write a proper column about it in English so as soon as it will be published, i'll give you the link :wink2:

Mika is in LA to record his next album and the OSM has officially announced that the singer will offer a concert at the Maison symphonique de Montreal in 2015. He said that atm it's one of the most important things he's doing because he organized it for a year and now he finally can share the news.

This is the first time that Mika works with an orchestra because some of them invited him just for one or two songs and he didn't want to do it...this time, he can make an entire gig where everyone can see the evolution and the coherence between songs. There will be a mix of electronic with symphonic and classical music.... A mix of tribal rhythms with traditional rhythms.

Talking about the album, Mika said that he transformed a Hollywood home of a "known actor" in a recording studio... he can't tell who the owner is because he signed a kind of confidentiality agreement.

The album contains songs in English and French and there will be very few collaborations. Some thems of the album are the same of the first one such as respect, openness to others and differences...He admitted that when he arrived in LA, he didn't have songs because he was too absorbed in his work on television. He loves to make the album at home because when he's in large studios, he just pays a fortune just to use a laptop and a piano... he doesn't want to work in this way. He mentions his success Elle me dit as an example of this new formula "very funny and very deep."

He's doing something very, very pop, but also organic and a little naive....

Then he talks about his special relationship with Quebec. In fact, he's obsessed with Robert Lepage, his works and how he expresses his stories..

In the end, he told that in the future he'll make something very different like a musical.

Well, even this statement is not 100% true, just think about the French castle :teehee:

Anyway, it's nice to read a little bit how he works this time :original: Such a house probably has much more atmosphere than a "cold" recording studio.

And it must have been so hard not to tell anything at all about the collaboration. I don't think I could hold back such good news such a long time :aah:

Here's a short translation!

Tomorrow I'll write a proper column about it in English so as soon as it will be published, i'll give you the link :wink2:

Mika is in LA to record his next album and the OSM has officially announced that the singer will offer a concert at the Maison symphonique de Montreal in 2015. He said that atm it's one of the most important things he's doing because he organized it for a year and now he finally can share the news.

This is the first time that Mika works with an orchestra because some of them invited him just for one or two songs and he didn't want to do it...this time, he can make an entire gig where everyone can see the evolution and the coherence between songs. There will be a mix of electronic with symphonic and classical music.... A mix of tribal rhythms with traditional rhythms.

Talking about the album, Mika said that he transformed a Hollywood home of a "known actor" in a recording studio... he can't tell who the owner is because he signed a kind of confidentiality agreement.

The album contains songs in English and French and there will be very few collaborations. Some thems of the album are the same of the first one such as respect, openness to others and differences...He admitted that when he arrived in LA, he didn't have songs because he was too absorbed in his work on television. He loves to make the album at home because when he's in large studios, he just pays a fortune just to use a laptop and a piano... he doesn't want to work in this way. He mentions his success Elle me dit as an example of this new formula "very funny and very deep."

He's doing something very, very pop, but also organic and a little naive....

Then he talks about his special relationship with Quebec. In fact, he's obsessed with Robert Lepage, his works and how he expresses his stories..

In the end, he told that in the future he'll make something very different like a musical.

Thank you very much. Much appreciated. :thumb_yello:

Wasn't it two years ago that he talked about a 'huge collaboration ' for February? He just didn't say which February :naughty:

:floor:

So people. Please stop telling he's not always speaking the truth. :shun:

Just a random useless thought. The journalist wrote: “He rented it to me cause he knew who I am” says humbly Mika. He signed in the renting contrat that he would never disclose the “well well know” landlord name.

I'm pretty sure that telling that someone very famous knows you so much to rent you his house doesn't imply humility. :mf_rosetinted: It's quite the opposite, imo. Showing off a bit :aah:

Which I like, don't get me wrong. I just think the journalist isn't that good picking the proper words.... or he's a master in sarcasm :naughty:

Edited by Elwendin

Thank you for the translation. A nice article, but it pains me at the same time because the concert is going to be SO amazing and I probably won't be there.

Thank you for the translation. A nice article, but it pains me at the same time because the concert is going to be SO amazing and I probably won't be there.

Readings his words and seeing how much it means for him the chances of getting a professional recording maybe aren't that small (I hope :blush-anim-cl:) You know, it's just so important for him as well, therefore he may wants one for himself to "conserve" the moment.

Readings his words and seeing how much it means for him the chances of getting a professional recording maybe aren't that small (I hope :blush-anim-cl:) You know, it's just so important for him as well, therefore he may wants one for himself to "conserve" the moment.

Fingers crossed:crossed:

I went "maybe".

Maybe he's working a bit between errands and tv shows.

Maybe not.

But he told so.

So he may be doing something now and then.

Or not.

But he told us he had 20% done.

Or not.

:mf_rosetinted: Basically I was trying to figure my way out of that mess and since I always think people do have reasons, I tried to look for them in his case as well.

So, it serves me well :aah:

Next time, I'll know a bit better. :naughty:

Just stumbled on this some minutes before reading the article, by the way. I suppose fate is amused http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/6a/c0/aa/6ac0aa813c638554b41647af35dbf384.jpg

I guess we kind-of-new girls still have a lot to learn. :naughty:

Oh you must come now. You are one of the few people around here who can tough out a Canadian winter. :naughty: