• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told by Sunshine931 that Mika is giving an interview tomorrow morning

at 9h30 on radio 98,5 FM Montreal

http://www.fm985.ca/

Can people check and see if they can listen to it on line?

I know i can, i'm just not sure if everyone else can

I bet it has something to do with next year's concerts :blush-anim-cl:

I've been told by Sunshine931 that Mika is giving an interview tomorrow morning

at 9h30 on radio 98,5 FM Montreal

http://www.fm985.ca/

Can people check and see if they can listen to it on line?

I know i can, i'm just not sure if everyone else can

I bet it has something to do with next year's concerts :blush-anim-cl:

So, here's the recording of the interview:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6ei6dv

Then if someone, during free time, would be so kind as to make a translation of what he said, I'd be eternally grateful :blush-anim-cl:

So, here's the recording of the interview:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6ei6dv

Then if someone, during free time, would be so kind as to make a translation of what he said, I'd be eternally grateful :blush-anim-cl:

Translation:

Guy Simard: To present to you our next guest I’m collaborating with Olivia Levy from Quebec se leve (radio show)

Olivia: Hello

Guy Simard: Truthfully, the next guest wouldn’t have accepted this interview with me if it wasn’t for Olivia

Olivia: Yes

Mika: (giggles) It’s absolutely true, I assure you

Guy Simard: Hi Mika

Mika: Olivia, how are you?

Olivia: Well Mika, I’m very well and we are so happy to talk to you

Mika: I miss you

Olivia: awww how nice! We can’t wait until you come here and warm our hearts with your music, because we are having a very cold and painful winter in Montreal this year and we can’t wait to hear you next year on February 10 and 11. We already feel like it should be 2015, we can’t wait to hear the concert

Mika: Yes, it’s incredible because normally, when we are talking about pop music, we usually discuss what is happening in a week or two, so it’s a bit strange to talk about this now. It reminds me when I was younger, doing classical music, we used to talk about concerts a year or two ahead. In pop music, we don’t even know what will happen two years from now, it’s unheard of. It’s a déjà vu for me, in a sense.

Olivia: Yes, but we have to tell our host Guy Simard how strange this concert came about. I met Mika at Star Academie 2 years ago, he was our guest for the final show and I guess we could say that Mika and I hit it off.

Mika: Yes, Olivia was very pregnant and I remember arriving to the rehearsal very jetlagged, I was just arriving from London or maybe Paris. We had talked a bit on the phone and she was telling me what was going to happen on the show, this and that with fireworks. I took it with a grain of salt because these television people talk and talk and when I get there, it’s never what was discussed, never as grandiose as what is promised. So I didn’t get my hopes up, as it’s always the same thing. So I get there and she said ok, this is what will happen and after you will get in the car and it will be driven on stage. At first, I thought she was joking, but she assured me it was true. I saw Olivia, very pregnant, managing everything. It was fantastic and I had a great time, it was surreal to get on stage, completely jetlagged, in a 1960s car, surrounded by 15 singers. It was a very nice experience.

Olivia: It’s true that we had a good time at Star Academie and we also saw each other again a year later, once I had my baby.

Mika: I gave you time to relax, but you can’t get away from me, have your baby, I’ll leave you alone for now.

Olivia: We saw each other again a year later when Mika gave an excellent concert at the Theatre Corona in April 2013, and that’s where after the show, we went out for a very late supper, with Mika’s mom who is a lovely person and my husband. We talk about everything and nothing and this crazy idea was born that Mika should perform with the OSM.

Mika: Exactly, this is how it happened. I told her that I’ve always had the dream of doing a concert like that, not just one or two songs, but an entire concert. Again, like I did with the television show, I figured it was not going to happen, but we’ll see. And just like she did with Star Academie, I receive this call, actually, it was an email because I was on vacation, telling me that she had a meeting with the OSM and now, we are talking about concerts that will happen next year.

Guy Simard: Mika, when you are on The Voice in France, the show is on now, does it make you think of your time spent with Star Academie in Quebec?

Mika: Yes, I have to admit, yes. And if I look back at my journey with television shows, like The Voice in France and I did XFactor in Italy, I actually learned how to speak Italian for the show. If I think back of television shows where I really had a good time, I think of Star Academie in Montreal and it changed my perspective on television shows, we can have fun, it’s not always something that should be painful. I have to say that with The Voice, the musical talent is fantastic, the production is great, they have the same spirit as Olivia did. We are talking a lot about Olivia, I’m happy.

Olivia: I hope you keep in mind your love for Quebec and the singers from Quebec.

Mika: I have to say that my view of Quebec has changed a lot recently. I now have a new friend, Garou, the angel and the devil, all at the same time. I assure you, there’s no one like him, I’ve never met a man like him. It’s like, how can I explain it… right now, I’m in Hollywood, I’m writing songs and I don’t really like Los Angeles, but at the same time, there’s a side of Los Angeles that I really like. During the golden years, there were always these comedians that were as charming as they were bad boys, joyous there was always something special. I think Garou is like that, he has this side of him that is “old school” like the movie starts of the 1950s. When you get to know him, he’s really like that, he is very very funny and he is also a “bad boy”, that’s for sure.

Olivia: Which you are not…

Mika: Oh It depends…

Guy Simard: But we have to understand that Mika knows what he’s talking about, he can confirm that Garou is a “bad boy”

Mika: No, that I can’t do. Frankly, we have a good time. It’s good to be on a television show where we have a lot of freedom, where we can do interesting things, like on the battles TF1 in France let me choose songs that not too many people know, like for example a group called London Grammar. I used one of their songs on my first battle and the song went from number 60 to number 1 in France, within 12 hours. Now the song and the album are number 1 in France. The power of this show to launch a song is incredible. I also used a song from Radio Head. The fact that I was able to put Radio head on TF1 is amazing.

Guy Simard: Mika, we won’t keep you any longer, just to mention to your Quebec fans that if you are in LA, a city you do not particularly like, it’s because you are writing at the moment.

Mika: Yes, I’m completely concentrated on writing at the moment. I decided this time to rent a home in LA, because there are people here I like to work with. I also wanted to get away from my home in London, where there’s always something to do from morning until night, I wanted to forget my everyday life and I wanted to go into hiding. So LA is perfect because I really don’t like Los Angeles. I hate this city so I never leave the house, I’ve stayed inside for a month. They asked me what my requirements were and I said I wanted a few musicians with me, so I needed two rooms and I need a studio. They asked me if I was looking for something with a view and I said absolutely not, I want trees all around, I want to forget where I am. So, I’m in a house without a view, surrounded with trees and hills, so I can’t see a thing. I never leave here, I work morning, evening, whenever I want, we have a studio in the house, musicians come and go. It was difficult for the first two weeks, because it has been a long time since I put myself in this situation, so it was awful for the first two weeks, painful like training. Now, I found my rhythm, I wrote some songs and they are nice, so I’m happy.

Olivia: We can’t wait to hear them, but you know, next time you can come to Montreal, we can find you a house with no view

Mika: (laughs) Last time I worked on an album, I was in Montreal. In fact, I somewhat did the same thing in Montreal two years ago, because it’s hard to write in our own home. You should know that Olivia, when you write, you have to escape.

Guy Simard: Mika, you are mistaking, Olivia never wrote anything

Olivia: Yes I did, I wrote a book

Mika: That’s not true, she wrote a book

Olivia: I wrote a book on marriage that Guy Simard obviously never read, obviously, he isn’t married

Guy Simard: I fell asleep after two page. Mika, good luck on your new album, we can’t wait to see you on February 10 and 11 2015

Mika: We never wish good luck

Guy Simard: Ok, so we don’t wish good luck, we say “merde” then

Mika: That’s it! Goodbye, kisses

Translation:

Guy Simard: To present to you our next guest I’m collaborating with Olivia Levy from Quebec se leve (radio show)

Olivia: Hello

Guy Simard: Truthfully, the next guest wouldn’t have accepted this interview with me if it wasn’t for Olivia

Olivia: Yes

Mika: (giggles) It’s absolutely true, I assure you

Guy Simard: Hi Mika

Mika: Olivia, how are you?

Olivia: Well Mika, I’m very well and we are so happy to talk to you

Mika: I miss you

Olivia: awww how nice! We can’t wait until you come here and warm our hearts with your music, because we are having a very cold and painful winter in Montreal this year and we can’t wait to hear you next year on February 10 and 11. We already feel like it should be 2015, we can’t wait to hear the concert

Mika: Yes, it’s incredible because normally, when we are talking about pop music, we usually discuss what is happening in a week or two, so it’s a bit strange to talk about this now. It reminds me when I was younger, doing classical music, we used to talk about concerts a year or two ahead. In pop music, we don’t even know what will happen two years from now, it’s unheard of. It’s a déjà vu for me, in a sense.

Olivia: Yes, but we have to tell our host Guy Simard how strange this concert came about. I met Mika at Star Academie 2 years ago, he was our guest for the final show and I guess we could say that Mika and I hit it off.

Mika: Yes, Olivia was very pregnant and I remember arriving to the rehearsal very jetlagged, I was just arriving from London or maybe Paris. We had talked a bit on the phone and she was telling me what was going to happen on the show, this and that with fireworks. I took it with a grain of salt because these television people talk and talk and when I get there, it’s never what was discussed, never as grandiose as what is promised. So I didn’t get my hopes up, as it’s always the same thing. So I get there and she said ok, this is what will happen and after you will get in the car and it will be driven on stage. At first, I thought she was joking, but she assured me it was true. I saw Olivia, very pregnant, managing everything. It was fantastic and I had a great time, it was surreal to get on stage, completely jetlagged, in a 1960s car, surrounded by 15 singers. It was a very nice experience.

Olivia: It’s true that we had a good time at Star Academie and we also saw each other again a year later, once I had my baby.

Mika: I gave you time to relax, but you can’t get away from me, have your baby, I’ll leave you alone for now.

Olivia: We saw each other again a year later when Mika gave an excellent concert at the Theatre Corona in April 2013, and that’s where after the show, we went out for a very late supper, with Mika’s mom who is a lovely person and my husband. We talk about everything and nothing and this crazy idea was born that Mika should perform with the OSM.

Mika: Exactly, this is how it happened. I told her that I’ve always had the dream of doing a concert like that, not just one or two songs, but an entire concert. Again, like I did with the television show, I figured it was not going to happen, but we’ll see. And just like she did with Star Academie, I receive this call, actually, it was an email because I was on vacation, telling me that she had a meeting with the OSM and now, we are talking about concerts that will happen next year.

Guy Simard: Mika, when you are on The Voice in France, the show is on now, does it make you think of your time spent with Star Academie in Quebec?

Mika: Yes, I have to admit, yes. And if I look back at my journey with television shows, like The Voice in France and I did XFactor in Italy, I actually learned how to speak Italian for the show. If I think back of television shows where I really had a good time, I think of Star Academie in Montreal and it changed my perspective on television shows, we can have fun, it’s not always something that should be painful. I have to say that with The Voice, the musical talent is fantastic, the production is great, they have the same spirit as Olivia did. We are talking a lot about Olivia, I’m happy.

Olivia: I hope you keep in mind your love for Quebec and the singers from Quebec.

Mika: I have to say that my view of Quebec has changed a lot recently. I now have a new friend, Garou, the angel and the devil, all at the same time. I assure you, there’s no one like him, I’ve never met a man like him. It’s like, how can I explain it… right now, I’m in Hollywood, I’m writing songs and I don’t really like Los Angeles, but at the same time, there’s a side of Los Angeles that I really like. During the golden years, there were always these comedians that were as charming as they were bad boys, joyous there was always something special. I think Garou is like that, he has this side of him that is “old school” like the movie starts of the 1950s. When you get to know him, he’s really like that, he is very very funny and he is also a “bad boy”, that’s for sure.

Olivia: Which you are not…

Mika: Oh It depends…

Guy Simard: But we have to understand that Mika knows what he’s talking about, he can confirm that Garou is a “bad boy”

Mika: No, that I can’t do. Frankly, we have a good time. It’s good to be on a television show where we have a lot of freedom, where we can do interesting things, like on the battles TF1 in France let me choose songs that not too many people know, like for example a group called London Grammar. I used one of their songs on my first battle and the song went from number 60 to number 1 in France, within 12 hours. Now the song and the album are number 1 in France. The power of this show to launch a song is incredible. I also used a song from Radio Head. The fact that I was able to put Radio head on TF1 is amazing.

Guy Simard: Mika, we won’t keep you any longer, just to mention to your Quebec fans that if you are in LA, a city you do not particularly like, it’s because you are writing at the moment.

Mika: Yes, I’m completely concentrated on writing at the moment. I decided this time to rent a home in LA, because there are people here I like to work with. I also wanted to get away from my home in London, where there’s always something to do from morning until night, I wanted to forget my everyday life and I wanted to go into hiding. So LA is perfect because I really don’t like Los Angeles. I hate this city so I never leave the house, I’ve stayed inside for a month. They asked me what my requirements were and I said I wanted a few musicians with me, so I needed two rooms and I need a studio. They asked me if I was looking for something with a view and I said absolutely not, I want trees all around, I want to forget where I am. So, I’m in a house without a view, surrounded with trees and hills, so I can’t see a thing. I never leave here, I work morning, evening, whenever I want, we have a studio in the house, musicians come and go. It was difficult for the first two weeks, because it has been a long time since I put myself in this situation, so it was awful for the first two weeks, painful like training. Now, I found my rhythm, I wrote some songs and they are nice, so I’m happy.

Olivia: We can’t wait to hear them, but you know, next time you can come to Montreal, we can find you a house with no view

Mika: (laughs) Last time I worked on an album, I was in Montreal. In fact, I somewhat did the same thing in Montreal two years ago, because it’s hard to write in our own home. You should know that Olivia, when you write, you have to escape.

Guy Simard: Mika, you are mistaking, Olivia never wrote anything

Olivia: Yes I did, I wrote a book

Mika: That’s not true, she wrote a book

Olivia: I wrote a book on marriage that Guy Simard obviously never read, obviously, he isn’t married

Guy Simard: I fell asleep after two page. Mika, good luck on your new album, we can’t wait to see you on February 10 and 11 2015

Mika: We never wish good luck

Guy Simard: Ok, so we don’t wish good luck, we say “merde” then

Mika: That’s it! Goodbye, kisses

Thanks for the translation. Nice interview.

Translation:

Thank you :flowers2:

This is what we were talking about earlier when some were saying Mika needs to go into hiding. It doesn't mean his writing process and routines have to be absolutely identical for every album. It just means that he does not get into a rhythm of writing music when he is faced with non stop distractions from his public or even daily life. I don't think he's ever going to change this when it comes to doing a big music project.

Have a question, are tickets also will be sold online?

Yes you should be able to buy online. Do you have access to a credit card?

Can't find the section, can you give me the link?

The ticketing site seems to be down at the moment but you can access it from the "buy tickets" links on the concerts page.

http://www.osm.ca/en/concerts-and-series

Mika is listed on this page. I presume they will put the "buy tickets" link up once they are available.

http://www.osm.ca/en/concerts-and-series?field_single_concert_date_value%5Bvalue%5D%5Bdate%5D=2014-03-08&field_season_tid_i18n=208&field_series_code_tid=215&op=OK

thanks guy for the translation! :flowers2:

wow, i didn't know that he hates LA. :blink: so far, it always seemed as if he liked it. :dunno:

and sounds like the next casting show he's gonna do won't be the voice italy but star academy canada. :mf_rosetinted:

wow, i didn't know that he hates LA. :blink: so far, it always seemed as if he liked it. :dunno:

and sounds like the next casting show he's gonna do won't be the voice italy but star academy canada. :mf_rosetinted:

Luckily, there are no signs of another season for Star Académie... The same production team does La Voix though...:fisch:

:naughty: I was surprised he didn't like LA, but at the same time, he knows it's where he should be

Thank you so much for the translation! :flowers2: Interesting to hear what he says about working, renting a house and LA. I didn't know he dislikes LA this much either. So happy he could fit writing in his schedule before live shows! I knew to expect his "hiding and focusing on writing period" but I still don't think that doing other things was/is a waste of time. I want to believe his mind is actually working on the background and collecting material while is doing other things (traveling, meeting people, doing television work) and that it can be useful now :dunno:

I am not surprised at all he doesn't like LA. I was just telling someone a day or two ago that I doubt he likes it and only goes there because that's where you go to work with the top people in the entertainment industry. I don't like LA either. Some parts of it are run down, the newer bits look like a Toronto suburb and it's really the antithesis of everything that is appealing about Europe or New York or San Francisco.

That was a lovely article. Also it was pretty great to hear the radio interview yesterday, somehow it really made me smile! SO excited about all those new things! And can I just say once again that I can't wait to listen to the new songs:wub2: