NEW single BOUM BOUM BOUM out June 11th!

robertina

Sorry, I dont find any vulgar in those lyrics, if you are spanish you'll know that the lyrics of Bisbal and Bustamenate are worse than this one by far and I only mentioned two singers but there're re lots of them. Even in this case he talks about sex Mika does it with classy....

I got mine :cheer::cheer:

No, you are quite right to say that the lyrics are not especially and strangely obscene, and it is very true that other artists are worse, but I think that I am just not used to Mika singing this kind of stuff, although I absolutely love how the music sounds. :blush-anim-cl:

Have you tried to sing it seriously? :shocked:

you can't whisper, you can't even sing it in a low voice....it's so difficult, and you go out of tune!! :aah:

you have to sing it loud and scream!!! :wub2:

ah, so it's not just me. I started to think I was worse than usual! :facepalm:

There are several differences between vulgarity and funny lyrics. No rude word neither trashy phrases. It's a little bit like when you're with friends and speaking, joking about making love :wink2: Boum boum boum is funny, fresh and free.

:thumb_yello:

OH MY GOD THIS SONG IS PERFEEEEEECT:boing: :D :D I've been missing listening to new stuff from MIKA soooo much .. THANK GOD IT CAME IN THE RIGHT TIME ! :D:clap:

And I really don't care if it's in french , I'll do my best to memorize it :naughty:

Oh and this Om Qulthoum part .. wow .. she's a very old iconic singer in Egypt if there's anybody wondering .. so .. I'M JUST REALLY HAPPY :D :D

I posted videos about the people he mentions, just scroll backwards :thumb_yello:

I ll do as soon as I can this afternoon at best or tonight

can any bilingual person revise the english translation of the lyrics I pasted in first post? I don't know why, but somewhere I find them unintelligible :blink:

thanks!

There are several differences between vulgarity and funny lyrics. No rude word neither trashy phrases. It's a little bit like when you're with friends and speaking, joking about making love :wink2: Boum boum boum is funny, fresh and free.

Hi Lena, in a way I agree with you. But what about the kids? I 'd like to sing the song and listen to it with with my 3 children (5, 8 and 10). Sure they would love it, like all other Mika's songs, but not sure I'd like to explain the lyrics! :doh: This time, I would have preferred it to be in English!!! So my décision is now not to listen to it with them... until we hear it on the radio and cannot avoid it! Everybody, has some of your kids already listened to it? What was their/your reaction?

can any bilingual person revise the english translation of the lyrics I pasted in first post? I don't know why, but somewhere I find them unintelligible :blink:

thanks!

I'll have a look in a few minutes

Hi Lena, in a way I agree with you. But what about the kids? I 'd like to sing the song and listen to it with with my 3 children (5, 8 and 10). Sure they would love it, like all other Mika's songs, but not sure I'd like to explain the lyrics! :doh: This time, I would have preferred it to be in English!!! So my décision is now not to listen to it with them... until we hear it on the radio and cannot avoid it! Everybody, has some of your kids already listened to it? What was their/your reaction?

Can I disagree?

I think that it can be very helpful to start a joyful and relaxed lesson about sex.

Very helpful!

Can I disagree?

I think that it can be very helpful to start a joyful and relaxed lesson about sex.

Very helpful!

Although I do think it is important to have an open discussion about sex with your children, I'm not sure sex in an elevator sets the best example :fisch:

Edit: just to make clear: I don't think it's any less appropriate for children than any other Mika song.

Edited by smokesignal

My 11 year old girl is a little Mika fan. She loves the music of BoumBoumBoum. I gave her the MP3 to put it on her cell phone. I read the lyrics with her. I explained that it is a couple, they love each other and make love in a funny way and in funny places. She laughed. My son doesn't care so, he is not interested in Mika's songs. He knows that the song talks about making love, that's it. Making love is an act of love, it is not in a "hot" way, no details or something haha.

thanks!

Doing that right now there are a few stuff to correct

thanks!

I did a version last night and posted them. It doesn't help that some of the French lyrics are wrong, therefore translated wrong & make no sense

There's always a way to naturally explain these issues to kids. Sex is a healthy, happy thing in an adult relationship. Children who are too young to understand don't much ask questions but when they start to ask questions they deserve answers. The younger the kid, the more simple (but still true) answers.

I've always told whatever my kids want to know. My youngest was probably 5 when he wanted to now how gay couples can have children so I explained different options and he was happy with my answer. It's a bit embarrassing if a 3 yo sings boum boum boum, of course :blush-anim-cl: My youngest is now 10 and he learns French at school but the lyrics are still too difficult for him so I will shortly explain him that it's about making love (something like Lena just mentioned).

Qu’importe l’endroit, le contexte

On a toujours un bon prétexte

Pour tomber nos « fruit of the loom »

Quand toi et moi on fait boum boum boum

Quand t’es pas là j’fais n’importe quoi

J’prends des kilos, des tequilas

Je chante les chansons d’Oum Kalthoum

Je ne pense qu’à nos boum boum boum

Et tous les bourgeois du 16ème se demandent pourquoi je t'aime

Pour n'avoir pas besoin d'un zoom quand toi et moi on fait boum boum boum

Boum boum, boum boum boum

Boum boum

Hier on était chez ta mère, elle a failli tomber par terre

En entendant le dressing room quand toi et moi on faisait boum boum boum

Dans les ascenseurs des hotels on s'est montés au 7ème ciel

On envoie balader les grooms quand toi et moi on fait boum boum boum

Boum boum

Quand on reçoit des invités on ne sait meme pas résister

entre le thé et les Lookoums y a le temps de faire boum boum boum

C'est vrai que les murs ont des oreilles, que tous les voisins se réveillent

mais c'est comme ça qu'on fait l'amour quand toi et moi on fait boum boum boum

Pour n'avoir pas besoin (I think this is what I heard also but obviously the stucture isn't really what is important... I think it sounds odd but this is the real thing he says) d'un zoom quand toi et moi on fait boum boum boum

S'aimer comme ça, c'est pas vulgaire

On a toujours un truc à faire, les étagères font badaboum

Quand toi et moi on fait boum boum boum !

Un plus un, ça fait toujours deux (proves that he has math skills)

Deux plus deux ça fait tout ce qu’on veut

C’est comme les coups de Brahim Asloum

Toi plus moi ça fait boum boum boum

Pas la peine d’aller cavaler

Y a plus toi qui me fait voyager

Voir les cocotiers de Touloum

S'aimer comme ça, c'est pas vulgaire

On a toujours un truc à faire, les étagères font badaboum

The rest seems quite okay...

English correction to come now

Edited by RayaBadran

Very helpful!

My children (10 and 11) know how it works ( biologically !) not in details but they know. I talk about "making love" with them and why lovers do that. I only talk about sex that way: lovers making love (a man with a woman or 2 men or 2 women). And I tell them that they will discover how it is wonderful to do it when they'll be with someone they love when they grow up :wink2:

Although I do think it is important to have an open discussion about sex with your children, I'm not sure sex in an elevator sets the best example :fisch:

Edit: just to make clear: I don't think it's any less appropriate for children than any other Mika song.

Why not? unless ofc we are talking about an elevator full of people :teehee:

Why not? unless ofc we are talking about an elevator full of people :teehee:

That's the point: with an elevator you never know when it might fill up. And they get that bell boy in trouble if his boss finds out he's not on the elevator :mf_rosetinted:

Rose I downloaded it also on Google Play Have you tried if it works?

I'm talking about UK, it's not on any named sites here yet.

Down to tech difficulties that are ongoing.

Though I'm not sure if that is just iTunes, or all the sites.

There's always a way to naturally explain these issues to kids. Sex is a healthy, happy thing in an adult relationship. Children who are too young to understand don't much ask questions but when they start to ask questions they deserve answers. The younger the kid, the more simple (but still true) answers.

I've always told whatever my kids want to know. My youngest was probably 5 when he wanted to now how gay couples can have children so I explained different options and he was happy with my answer. It's a bit embarrassing if a 3 yo sings boum boum boum, of course :blush-anim-cl: My youngest is now 10 and he learns French at school but the lyrics are still too difficult for him so I will shortly explain him that it's about making love (something like Lena just mentioned).

There are far more difficult subject to discuss then sex with kids. Like sickness and death.

I don't think it'll be a problem with my kids: girl is old enough and boys don't care about any Mika songs

I'm talking about UK, it's not on any named sites here yet.

Down to tech difficulties that are ongoing.

Though I'm not sure if that is just iTunes, or all the sites.

Maybe it will be released at the same date as US and Canada, which is on the 17.

No matter the place, the context

We always have a good pretext

To drop our " fruit of the loom "

When you and I make boom boom boom

When you are not there I do stupid things

I took kilos, tequilas ??!?! help on this one

I sing the songs of Oum Kalthoum

I think only of our boom boom boom

And all the bourgeois of the 16th (of Paris) wonder why I love you

No need to use a zoom when you and I make boom boom boom

boom boom, boom boom boom

boom boom

Yesterday we were at your mom's she almost fell on the floor

When hearing from the dressing room when you and I were doing boom boom boom

In the elevator of the hotel we went on the 7th heaven

We get rid of the bellhops when you and I make boom boom boom

All the bourgeois of the 16th wonder why I love you

We don't need a zoom when you and I make boom boom boom

boom boom

When we received guests we couldn't resist

Between the tea and the Lookoums there’s still time to make boom boom boom

It is true that the walls have ears, that all the neighbors wake up

But this is the way we make love when you and I we make boom boom boom

And all the bourgeois of the 16th wonder why I love you

Not to need a zoom when you and I we make boom boom boom

To Love itself like that, it’s not vulgar

We always have things to do, shelves go bada-boom

When you and I we make boom boom boom

One plus one , that always makes two

Two plus two does everything we want

It is as the knocks of Brahim Asloum

You plus I that makes boom boom boom

No need to go to rush about

Has more you there who makes me travel

See the coconut palms of Touloum

And all the bourgeois of the 16th wonder why I love you

Not to need a zoom when you and I we make boom boom boom

To Love like that, it’s not vulgar

We always have a things to make, shelves make bada-boom

Mainly everything is good, very brief correction, sorry for the excess :aah:

And if there's anything to add or to correct please do so, this is not a final version or anything!

Edited by RayaBadran