Mika's fourth album- end of 2015?

Mika-fan7

we will see, a ballad can also be sucessful and a dance song also does not guarentee sucess. Surly it could be helpful but all needs good promotion. BTW: I like rainand BIOTG and celebrat is not my fave but ok. The only Mika song I don't like in album version is Make you happy but live it is nice. However I'm looking forward and impatiant for the fourth album and I wish it will be more sucessful worlwide and that media will make it possible:doh::fairy:

This is true. Whether it's the best dance song ever, or the best power-ballad ever written and sung, if there is no promotion the song will fail in any country that is not Italy, France or Canada. They are the only countries who realise he is still breathing.

At this point, even if the new single was as great as Grace Kelly, it would fail, because most of the world would be unaware of it.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true. Whether it's the best dance song ever, or the best power-ballad ever written and sung, if there is no promotion the song will fail in any country that is not Italy, France or Canada. They are the only countries who realise he is still breathing.

At this point, even if the new single was as great as Grace Kelly, it would fail, because most of the world would be unaware of it.

:blink: YES, and if that happens now, it wouldn't be to live with - unless that's how MIKA himself wants it, which would be more than strange, and almost impossible to believe...

Love,love

me

There's still hope. TOOL was officially announced less than one month before the release date. :aah: But yeah, I don't really think that's gonna happen. :naughty:

Well since there's been no promotion for the album, outside of the usual places, I hope it's not going to be released yet. Otherwise, it will flop in most countries, it will only be a hit in France, Italy and possibly Canada.

So Mika needs to get promoting it, once he's done with The Voice France, or even before that.

Well since there's been no promotion for the album, outside of the usual places, I hope it's not going to be released yet. Otherwise, it will flop in most countries, it will only be a hit in France, Italy and possibly Canada.

So Mika needs to get promoting it, once he's done with The Voice France, or even before that.

Yeah that's not even an option, promotion is a MUST if we don't want the album to be a flop. :wink2: More than one TV show on tuesday afternoon IMO (it's an example, but you know what I mean, like it's PROMOTION that he needs, not promotion).

Yeah that's not even an option, promotion is a MUST if we don't want the album to be a flop. :wink2: More than one TV show on tuesday afternoon IMO (it's an example, but you know what I mean, like it's PROMOTION that he needs, not promotion).

Yes, lots more plays on radios and TVs :thumb_yello:

He needs PROMOTION

But I agree with Marilyn, what would be smart is releasing a good single with a music video, and announcing the release date, title and cover of the album. Then, he needs to do interviews, interviews, interviews, interviews. Everywhere. And he should perform his single there. That would be a full time job, and I'm afraid that that's not possible combined with The Voice.

He needs PROMOTION

But I agree with Marilyn, what would be smart is releasing a good single with a music video, and announcing the release date, title and cover of the album. Then, he needs to do interviews, interviews, interviews, interviews. Everywhere. And he should perform his single there. That would be a full time job, and I'm afraid that that's not possible combined with The Voice.

I agree with everything you say here - and I'm getting quite nervous by the thought of alb. release in April, if he's still busy with The Voice!! :blink:

And I do hope he'll find the right time, for everything re. the alb. this time! He just can't afford to do anything wrong now! :shocked: For Gods sake, let's avoid a repetition of the TOOL release ...:sneaky2:

Love,love

me

I agree with everything you say here - and I'm getting quite nervous by the thought of alb. release in April, if he's still busy with The Voice!! :blink:

And I do hope he'll find the right time, for everything re. the alb. this time! He just can't afford to do anything wrong now! :shocked: For Gods sake, let's avoid a repetition of the TOOL release ...:sneaky2:

Love,love

me

TOOL release is a thing that should always be planned most carefully :blush-anim-cl:

Well, Good Guys little bits were played three times already during The Voice :wub2: The other snipet we got in The Voice was "Talk About You" :biggrin2:

So some sort of promotion within The Voice has started already :thumb_yello:

TOOL release is a thing that should always be planned most carefully :blush-anim-cl:

Well, Good Guys little bits were played three times already during The Voice :wub2: The other snipet we got in The Voice was "Talk About You" :biggrin2:

So some sort of promotion within The Voice has started already :thumb_yello:

:blush-anim-cl: I know that both France and Italy are fully aware of his upcoming, new album, thanks to The Voice and XF - and I'm happy for all the new fans and friends MIKA can add to his already long list, because of these programs. Now also Canada know about it, but what with the other big countries/markets?! UK & US are the most important - when they know, and talk about it, the rest will follow, imo :wink2:

Time will show what and how MIKA does it this time. There's little we can do about it, I'm afraid - we only can hope for a proper promotion and good advertising. Anyway, really exciting times...:mikadas:

Love,love

me

:blush-anim-cl: I know that both France and Italy are fully aware of his upcoming, new album, thanks to The Voice and XF - and I'm happy for all the new fans and friends MIKA can add to his already long list, because of these programs. Now also Canada know about it, but what with the other big countries/markets?! UK & US are the most important - when they know, and talk about it, the rest will follow, imo :wink2:

English speaking Canada thought Mika disappeared 7 years ago. He has not done any promotion - no advertising, no print interviews, no radio, no TV, no nothing - since 2009. He had two opportunities to appear on huge TV shows broadcast to millions of music fans and he stood both of them up at the last minute, guaranteeing he'll never be asked by anyone at these networks again. The situation here is more dire than in the US. If you think that a couple of concerts in Montreal is enough to secure a successful album in Canada you should a) look at what other pop artists are doing and b) look at a map. :naughty:

As for the US/UK, well Mika did whatever he wanted for the past 2 years as many on MFC happily supported him doing. And what he did was spend another 2 years distancing himself from the UK and US and making it that much more impossible to achieve what he already struggled and failed to achieve in 2012. I think anyone who expects doors to magically open for him now so he is able to effectively promote himself is setting themselves up for a massive disappointment. I don't see any evidence that Mika even intends to pursue it. :dunno:

Sam Smith has announced his second arena tour in North America in 2015 alone. In 2014 he did endless promotional and regular tours. He is here all the time. Breaking into and sustaining these markets is not a part time job one conducts from flats in Milan and Paris.

Unless there is some massive breakout hit on this album I think Mika is already going to have his hands full taking care of France. Because if sales of Boum Boum Boum are anything to go by, his presence on the Voice is not even close to being sufficient to ensure a successful album.

English speaking Canada thought Mika disappeared 7 years ago. He has not done any promotion - no advertising, no print interviews, no radio, no TV, no nothing - since 2009. He had two opportunities to appear on huge TV shows broadcast to millions of music fans and he stood both of them up at the last minute, guaranteeing he'll never be asked by anyone at these networks again. The situation here is more dire than in the US. If you think that a couple of concerts in Montreal is enough to secure a successful album in Canada you should a) look at what other pop artists are doing and b) look at a map. :naughty:

As for the US/UK, well Mika did whatever he wanted for the past 2 years as many on MFC happily supported him doing. And what he did was spend another 2 years distancing himself from the UK and US and making it that much more impossible to achieve what he already struggled and failed to achieve in 2012. I think anyone who expects doors to magically open for him now so he is able to effectively promote himself is setting themselves up for a massive disappointment. I don't see any evidence that Mika even intends to pursue it. :dunno:

Sam Smith has announced his second arena tour in North America in 2015 alone. In 2014 he did endless promotional and regular tours. He is here all the time. Breaking into and sustaining these markets is not a part time job one conducts from flats in Milan and Paris.

Unless there is some massive breakout hit on this album I think Mika is already going to have his hands full taking care of France. Because if sales of Boum Boum Boum are anything to go by, his presence on the Voice is not even close to being sufficient to ensure a successful album.

I know that Canada is huge - and now I also know that a big part of it think that MIKA disappeared 7 years ago!:blink: I don't think "that a couple of concerts in Montreal is enough to secure a successful album in Canada"! What I say is that Canada know about a new alb. coming - but now I understand that only a limited part, like Montreal and maybe the French speaking part, is aware of it! :blink: Well, I prefer to be positive and optimistic - and hope for the best outcome for MIKAs new alb. :fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

Well, I prefer to be positive and optimistic - and hope for the best outcome for MIKAs new alb. :fisch::wub2:

I don't see a lot of optimism in this thread. I see people saying that if Mika makes a wrong move the album is going to be a flop.

I don't see a lot of optimism in this thread. I see people saying that if Mika makes a wrong move the album is going to be a flop.

I can only speak for myself - but I prefer to be optimistic, especially since we still don't know when and how the promotion will be done, or when the alb. really is out! :wink2: It was first annonced to be in Nov-14, now it's in April - but for all we know, there might be a further delay. As I've said earlier, I hope MIKA will take the time he needs, to do it the right way! What makes me nervous, is if there will be a poor, or even worse, a lack of promotion! Only time will show, if the album will be a success, or a flop - but I hope for, and expect it to be, a brilliant success!! :fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

I know that Canada is huge - and now I also know that a big part of it think that MIKA disappeared 7 years ago!:blink: I don't think "that a couple of concerts in Montreal is enough to secure a successful album in Canada"! What I say is that Canada know about a new alb. coming - but now I understand that only a limited part, like Montreal and maybe the French speaking part, is aware of it! :blink: Well, I prefer to be positive and optimistic - and hope for the best outcome for MIKAs new alb. :fisch::wub2:

Love,love

me

The French part will know because he will appear on a TV show in April that has huge audience. ? If he also comes and do some promo, it would be even better.

The French part will know because he will appear on a TV show in April that has huge audience. ? If he also comes and do some promo, it would be even better.

:thumb_yello: Great - sounds good!! Thanks for telling! :huglove:

Love,love

me

I have no doubt thar the album will be great:thumb_yello: and I hope it will be as much sucessful as possible and I thinkk positive. It makes no sense to moan about the gone golden old times in 2007 and lost chances. 2007 is gone, maybe Mika will never be sucessful like that again but same will be with most of the now sucessful artists outside Italy and France.