Mika's fourth album- end of 2015?

Mika-fan7

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When is he finished with the voice? (Just so i know when to wake up from my hibernation :teehee:)

don't think I've seen the actual date but I estimate it either end of April or ealry May:wink2:

Right,on May 9 should be the final :thumb_yello:

It makes no sense to moan about the gone golden old times in 2007 and lost chances.

No one is moaning about anything. Just pointing out the fact that Mika's album is not being promoted in Canada because the majority of the population has not heard one word from or about him in 7 years.

I will never understand why the discussion of facts instead of misinformation and fantasy is classed as moaning and negativity. I'm sorry if you think the facts are negative but I didn't invent them. They are what they are.

It seems to me that it's the people talking about the future - a future where Mika's album is going to be a flop if he doesn't do this or that - are the pessimists.

Mika has already made his choices and the smartest thing he can do right now is focus on Italy and France because they are his best chances for success in album sales. A 3-minute TV appearance in this country and one festival appearance in that country are not going to give him a #1 album in markets he has been neglecting for many years.

Maybe I'm pessimist, you're right. :dunno: I don't see how the next album could be different from TOOL if nothing is done to promote it. But I still have faith. :naughty: Maybe something juste amazing will happen and a BIG hit is gonna put him at the top of the sales. I'm praying every gods in the world but really, I'm not putting my money on the table... Anyway I know the next album will be a hit in Italia and in France, maybe if we're lucky in Quebec. And that's enough to make me happy, but I know a lot of people want more and I really wish the best for them. :huglove: All I want is Mika gigs for everyone. :biggrin2:

No one is moaning about anything. Just pointing out the fact that Mika's album is not being promoted in Canada because the majority of the population has not heard one word from or about him in 7 years.

I will never understand why the discussion of facts instead of misinformation and fantasy is classed as moaning and negativity. I'm sorry if you think the facts are negative but I didn't invent them. They are what they are.

It seems to me that it's the people talking about the future - a future where Mika's album is going to be a flop if he doesn't do this or that - are the pessimists.

Mika has already made his choices and the smartest thing he can do right now is focus on Italy and France because they are his best chances for success in album sales. A 3-minute TV appearance in this country and one festival appearance in that country are not going to give him a #1 album in markets he has been neglecting for many years.

I don't think calling people pessimists simply because they're talking about the future and the promotion of the new album, and because they are saying "we don't want the album to flop again", is going to help anything. In my eyes it's not a matter of optimists or pessimists, we're all fans and we want Mika to have the success that he deserves, with his talent. That's what we're discussing.

In my opinion, it's not the smartest thing to only focus on Italy and France. Of course, what you're saying about one tv show in one country and one festival appearance in another, that's not going to work either. For Mika, only focusing on Italy and France would be the easiest way out, wouldn't cost him a lot of time and stress, and somewhere I would understand if he chose to do that.

However, I do believe he could have international success again. Here in the Netherlands I hear Grace Kelly and Relax on the radio every now and then, and I always hear praise about how creative he was. If everyone simply knew that he had other albums, I think they'd be pleased. And in order to let everyone know, he has to put a lot of work, time and devotion into promoting his music again, internationally.

I don't know if he's already made his choices. If he has, I think I understand why. International superstardom isn't everything either. He can live a relatively normal life in London and still make music for a living. Doesn't change the fact that I think Mika is an under appreciated artist that deserves a lot more.

Maybe something juste amazing will happen and a BIG hit is gonna put him at the top of the sales. I'm praying every gods in the world but really, I'm not putting my money on the table...

Yes anything is possible but you're right. I would not put any money on it at this point either. If he comes out with a kick ass single (no pun intended :naughty:) then I might be willing to gamble.

I don't think calling people pessimists simply because they're talking about the future and the promotion of the new album, and because they are saying "we don't want the album to flop again", is going to help anything.

I don't really think you're a pessimist! :naughty: Just pointing out the absurdity of calling anything I said pessimistic/negative/moaning/WTFever just because I want to clarify some misinformation that keeps getting repeated here about how well promoted Mika is in Canada. If anyone can't handle the "negativity" of that, take it up with Mika! :teehee:

On another note, nothing anyone says here "is going to help anything". It's just a discussion.

MAY. FREAKING. 9TH.

A couple of days before my b-day. Thanks for the present, Mika. :wub2:

Anyone else wondering if it will be his last album..? It better not be or I may actually, literally die.

Edited by mikanotmeeka
i am an idiot. typo

MAY. FREAKING. 9TH.

Anyone else wondering if it will be his last album..? It better not be or I may actually, literally die.

Where did you get that date?

And no, I'm totally certain it won't be his last album...

MAY. FREAKING. 9TH.

Where did you get that date?

And no, I'm totally certain it won't be his last album...

That is the date for The Voice final, nothing to do with the album release date :wink2:

This scared me :whew:

Thought he announced the album release date while I was sleeping..

I'm not wondering if it will be his last at all, I don't expect that.. I think that there'll be a better chance that he is going to release a full French chanson album next, than no album ever again.

This scared me :whew:

Thought he announced the album release date while I was sleeping..

I'm not wondering if it will be his last at all, I don't expect that.. I think that there'll be a better chance that he is going to release a full French chanson album next, than no album ever again.

That sounds pessimistic(( I `ve just come to read the news on the 4th album, but I expected them to be more sunny :blush-anim-cl:

That sounds pessimistic(( I `ve just come to read the news on the 4th album, but I expected them to be more sunny :blush-anim-cl:

I think you don't understand what I meant to say? I mean that I don't think this will be his last album! Even if he stops making the kind of music he is making right now (English pop music) (and I don't think he is going to stop doing that! but if), I think he would start making different music, like French chansons. But I don't think at all that he would stop making music after this album. :wink2:

I think you don't understand what I meant to say? I mean that I don't think this will be his last album! Even if he stops making the kind of music he is making right now (English pop music) (and I don't think he is going to stop doing that! but if), I think he would start making different music, like French chansons. But I don't think at all that he would stop making music after this album. :wink2:

I got it, I got it))) Making French album ( not English) - that what sounds pessimistic to me, for sure. I`m afraid it won`t get any success throughout English speaking countries, Eastern Europe and Asia. I think globally:wink2:

I got it, I got it))) Making French album ( not English) - that what sounds pessimistic to me, for sure. I`m afraid it won`t get any success throughout English speaking countries, Eastern Europe and Asia. I think globally:wink2:

Oh, I understand! No it wouldn't get international success. I agree. It would get success in France, that's all. Maybe the French parts of Belgium and Canada. But this was a response to the question "do you think this will be his last album" so in that case it's optimistic, I think. It's all perspective anyway :naughty: In my eyes, a French album is better than none at all!

But what really matters right now is that the fourth album is on its way!

The first piece of the puzzle (from instagram)

11056025_1577170355870426_1152772000_n.jpg

Hi Julia - nice to see you here again!! :huglove: YES, we should all be excited, happy and "sunny" - by the fact that MIKAs new alb. is (probably) right around the corner! :fisch:

How can people even get the thought that MIKA will stop making music - and giving us albums and gigs !?! :shocked: MIKA IS MUSIC ...:wub2::fisch::mikadas:

I don't think Mika will ever stop making music. I actually think he might write a musical, or an opera, or a movie score. This is where his success might come from in the future.

However, I hope he doesn't stick to foreign language projects that are only in certain countries. If he writes a musical, for example, then London's West End would be the best place to premier it, not Paris or Milan.

Maybe he's not interested in Worldwide success anymore, but if he isn't, it doesn't make any sense. He worked hard to get on in the first place, I can't see why he wouldn't want some success in the English speaking countries again.

He may never get back the success of LICM, but there are other avenues he could try. I hope he does find a way to get back into the awareness of UK, USA Australia and the English part of Canada.

What I most hoped for, was that the album (or a single, or maybe both) would ge ready by the time it was World Record Store Day, on April 18th.

Then he could have used that a a massive start to a promotion for the album, releasing them on vinyl in all the particpating record shops.

I can't believe he hasn't jumped on this. Most of the big artists, and a massive amount of not so big ones have. And over the last few years it has got them huge amounts of promo, even for just re releasing older material on vinyl, it still gets their names out there.

I just feel he has wasted a fantastic opportunity, by not getting in on this.

I don't think Mika will ever stop making music. I actually think he might write a musical, or an opera, or a movie score. This is where his success might come from in the future.

However, I hope he doesn't stick to foreign language projects that are only in certain countries. If he writes a musical, for example, then London's West End would be the best place to premier it, not Paris or Milan.

Maybe he's not interested in Worldwide success anymore, but if he isn't, it doesn't make any sense. He worked hard to get on in the first place, I can't see why he wouldn't want some success in the English speaking countries again.

He may never get back the success of LICM, but there are other avenues he could try. I hope he does find a way to get back into the awareness of UK, USA Australia and the English part of Canada.

:thumb_yello: I agree with everything you say here, and can only add that I do hope MIKA will perform his own, old and new, songs - for many years to come yet. Imo, he's born to be on stage...:wub2::fisch:

Love,love

me