Keyboad magazine interview

http://www.mikafans.net/archives/399( Thanks for mikafans.net )

“Oh, I’d love to be like them one day,” and I think of Bowie, and I think of Prince, and I think of Freddie . . . all these people revolutionized things, but kind of through the side door, you know? They were unashamedly populist, but they were also kind of anarchic.

not much help to me then :teehee:

Can someone please translate what he said about her?

He said that the first time he met her, it was at the beginning of school year. She was late to their singing class of 5-6 people. She came in, wearing thight leather pants, chewing gum. The teacher, annoyed by her lateness, ask her to sing. she took off her gum, sang some piece from Mozart, leaving everyone in awe... When she finished, she picked up her gum and sat down. Mika thought she was cool.

And they were friends ever since.

• Like 4

He said that the first time he met her, it was at the beginning of school year. She was late to their singing class of 5-6 people. She came in, wearing thight leather pants, chewing gum. The teacher, annoyed by her lateness, ask her to sing. she took off her gum, sang some piece from Mozart, leaving everyone in awe... When she finished, she picked up her gum and sat down. Mika thought she was cool.

And they were friends ever since.

awesome quote!  i didn't know any of this story, thank you :D

• Like 2

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_eoohrbx065cg

:Update: 

DONE IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS: added some new entries, added more quotes (especially about the NPIH songs) and photos, fixed typos & stuff, made a master table of contents

UP NEXT: already working on some new extended entries, still tweaking the master table of contents

i also add some to the INFO I NEED post. Does anyone know of any good quotes Mika said about the Dodgy Holiday EP, "Tah Dah", “Your Sympathy”, "Pick Up Off The Floor", "Ring Ring", "Stuck In The Middle", “Ma Jeunesse”, “Blame It On The Weather”, “Hia Leah”, the city of Milan, Nina Simone, David Bowie, Ida Falk-Winland, or Paul de Leeuw (and/or quotes these people said about Mika)?

:bow:

I'll look around for quotes for you, Dee. I'm sure I've seen some on several of these subjects. I'm still looking for that time he spoke about Stuck in the Middle during a show... haven't been able to find it. :(

• Like 1

about Nina Simone

#3950668 Mika in French Press - 2014

"Nina Simone. My favorite song by Nina : Mississippi Goddam."

#3935998 Mika in French Press - 2014

M. Which song, film or book changed your life?

"Mississipi Goddam by Nina Simone. She taught me that the saddest songs could yet be wonderful and filled with hope. That's the perfect definition of a good song."

#3926065 Mika in French Press - 2014

"The opposite is true about Nina Simone. She has a bit of a butch side . That doesn't make her less womanly and she's amazingly graceful."

#1 Mika in "Le Matin" (swiss newspaper)

If one day you'll need to be a little more introvert, do you think you'll be allowed to?

"As nothing is set in advance, I'll never ask myself if my evolution can please people or not. I'll still want to be serious in dealing with fantasy and mixing black and colors together. I love Nina Simone for this reason. She made pub music, night music, with this omnipresent sadness. As did Cocteau. He could speak about poetic matters, surrealistic and serious, but always with an amazing naivety. Marcel Marceau, Charlie Chaplin, there are a lot of genius who helped me to understand that I could, and should, fight to be myself."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2009/jun/14/mika-pop-music

He grew up listening to a heterogeneous collection of music — Bob Dylan, Serge Gainsbourg and Lebanese singer Fairuz from his parents, then “pop music in the purest sense of the word, because no matter whether it was a rock song, whether it was a piece of Nina Simone, I could hear the song and I could hear the message in the song and it gave me a certain feeling. It instilled in me this kind of total anti-snobbery.”

• Like 3

How about "Le Stella" ?   ( Mika talks about BBB in RFM interview ) Mika: I didn't know , it ' s more like my way of speaking FrenchIt's about making love , the songs is about love and also explains being too polite can be dangerous ; of course one has to respect the others, but being polite for the sake of it .Doriand and I were having dinner in Le Stella in the sixteenth district of Paris . #1031

• Like 1

thanks to all who helped with information :)

DONE IN THE PAST WEEK: added a lot of new quotes & photos, added 19 new entries, several new extended entries, created little intros for some extended info posts (this is still in progress), split places from projects into their own extended info post, added a sort of 'master list of Mika past tour dates' shared document (this is still in progress), a million little edits, updated the stuff i need help with list and the to be added list

UP NEXT: got a bunch more new entries on tap, more quotes to to transcribe, will add 2013-2015 to the tour dates list & fill in the blanks

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

Super...such a strong team, strong fandom, strong Mikapedia! Thank you all for your hard work and contributions, spending countless hours on researching everything about Mika. By the way, is Mika mentioned Andy in his tweet 2 days ago is going to be updated here too? It's like, important life event.

• Like 2

I don't know the quote of Paul de Leeuw is apposite or not for the Mikapedia....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3301889485177&set=a.1659131057243.65779.1806163054&type=1&permPage=1

402755_3301889485177_1253627134_n.jpg?oh

oh tekstje ontbreekt. Ik was wel 10 minuten bezig om het plastic van het hoesje van de nieuwe cd van mika eraf te krijgen!

waarom?

maar wat een lekkere cd!

ZOu er bijna homo van worden

• Like 1

Super...such a strong team, strong fandom, strong Mikapedia! Thank you all for your hard work and contributions, spending countless hours on researching everything about Mika. By the way, is Mika mentioned Andy in his tweet 2 days ago is going to be updated here too? It's like, important life event.

awww you're welcome :D  

The tweet only mentioned his name so i'll hold off an adding anything about their relationship until Mika says it outright

I don't know the quote of Paul de Leeuw is apposite or not for the Mikapedia....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3301889485177&set=a.1659131057243.65779.1806163054&type=1&permPage=1

402755_3301889485177_1253627134_n.jpg?oh

oh tekstje ontbreekt. Ik was wel 10 minuten bezig om het plastic van het hoesje van de nieuwe cd van mika eraf te krijgen!

waarom?

maar wat een lekkere cd!

ZOu er bijna homo van worden

Thanks Eriko!  I never saw this photo before, and this is the only quote I've seen so far so it'll do  :thumb_yello:

BTW he said, “Took me 10 min to take the plastic off of Mika's new cd. Why? But what a good cd. It would almost make me gay”. (Thanks to IngievV for this much more accurate translation than google!)

• Like 2

awww you're welcome :D  

The tweet only mentioned his name so i'll hold off an adding anything about their relationship until Mika says it outright

Thanks Eriko!  I never saw this photo before, and this is the only quote I've seen so far so it'll do  :thumb_yello:

BTW he said, “Took me 10 min to take the plastic off of Mika's new cd. Why? But what a good cd. It would almost make me gay”. (Thanks to IngievV for this much more accurate translation than google!)[/size]

Oh no I was wrong, here's not a fandom here IS a family! Did you know Andy directed the SATS MV? And Mika's Nightmare Sequence and probably We Are Golden BTS and Mika4Swatch interview...I found these 2 videos on Andy's Vimeo.

Oh no I was wrong, here's not a fandom here IS a family! Did you know Andy directed the SATS MV? And Mika's Nightmare Sequence and probably We Are Golden BTS and Mika4Swatch interview...I found these 2 videos on Andy's Vimeo.

Yep, those things are added to his entry already... except the Swatch one, i'll add that info ASAP. Thanks :)

----------------------------------------------------

:bye:

DONE IN THE PAST WEEK: added venues where Mika has played to the places extended info post, added a lot of new quotes & photo links to various entries, added 18 new entries and extended a couple entries, worked on the master list of Mika past tour dates including adding 2013-2015, updated the shared documents, a million little other edits

UP NEXT: going to add screencaps of all the music videos, add more entries, add award nominations to song extended posts, whatever else I think of

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 1

How about 3 Italia ?

wiki https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Italia

In 2014 and 2015, Mika has appeared on their ad videos.

Passa a 3... Con Stardust di Mika!

Mika e Raoul Bova senza limiti: ALL-IN ONE Special 2015

Mika e iPhone 6: il massimo con 3 e anticipo 0!

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

Mika talking about Milano, la Scala and XF in this clip. #195

X Factor - La giuria: anteprima

http://www.dituttounpop.it/x-factor-9-la-giuria-mika-si-parlera-tanto-di-musica-in-modo-sincero-ce-una-energia-positiva-e-la-giuria-e-musicale/

Google translator in English :uk:

Alessandro Cattelan was present in all four moments and, jokingly, as he justified the idea "brilliant" of the sofa: "I wanted to have a chat with new judges X Factor, but like all established musicians are pretty thin ... ...... so I decided to bring them to my couch ... a sort of if Mohammed will not go to the sofa, the sofa is from Muhammad. "

Cattelan: "Mika welcome aboard ... .."

Mika: "I am in Milan two years ago ...... I always wanted to do a tour bus of tourists.

I never could do it, I never went to the cathedral, never went to all the museums ... .this is the private tour bus. "

X Factor 9

Cattelan: "Mika tell me your desire and I will realize"

Mika: "I want to go to Piazza Duomo"

Cattelan: "Coachman Piazza Duomo"

Mika: "It 's an amazing thing ... .. one of the most beautiful things I've done in my life ... .We can do a tour of Italy ... .."

Cattelan: "Everything on the couch? This is a perfect format ... .I and you around the world as well. "

Mika: "The first day I came to Milan I began there, on the square (pointing at the La Scala in Milan), only to see the Scala ...

..I I started with classical music ... .La Scala is like the Vatican for all the singers that make Opera ".

Cattelan: "One of the classic upsets that can be made to a judge of X Factor when they were in the position of being judged by someone ... .all'inizio career ..."

Mika: "I've done it so many times ... .sai which is the worst thing ... when there's a yes or a no ... when there is not even an answer ... .. for me the frustration when the total was not there was a response ... ..Sai that I auditioned with Simon Cowell and he said no. "

Cattelan: "There will be reviewed at other times"

Mika: "In Los Angeles at a party ... I danced and I turn and I see Simon Cowell and immediately after Madonna ...."

Mika and Cattelan speak of the new season of X Factor 9

Cattelan: "How are you finding to X Factor ... now you're home ... the third year ... .that will be this season?"

Mika: "It 'a season when people are talking about music ... in a sincere manner ... .there is a positive energy ... there is a very musical jury ...... all over the world there is a panel where we are only musicians ... ..We are four musicians ... with different paths ... genres ...... .we work, we take risks every day, we need to test every month, every week and therefore there is some kind of credibility in This empathy with the people who are on the stage. "

Cattelan: "You are also very direct when you have to tell someone that is not the case than does the singer ... .while the first years looking for a turn of phrase ... .."

Mika: "Before I did not have the words ... .. I think it is more polite to say what we think"

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1

Some Information on the Dodgy Holiday EP for you (released on CD in 2006 ... very rare)  :thumb_yello:

"The Dodgy Holiday EP Includes Billy Brown (album version). Acoustic performances of Love Today and My Interpretation which were recorded when MIKA spent the afternoon with Freddy Mercury's grand piano. And a live version of Relax, Take It Easy, recorded for Rob Da Bank's Radio 1 show,the Blue Room.

Tracklist:

1. Billy Brown
2. Love Today (Acoustic)
3. Relax, Take It Easy (BBC Blue Room Session)
4. My Interpretation (Acoustic)

• Like 3

Some Information on the Dodgy Holiday EP for you (released on CD in 2006 ... very rare) :thumb_yello:

"The Dodgy Holiday EP Includes Billy Brown (album version). Acoustic performances of Love Today and My Interpretation which were recorded when MIKA spent the afternoon with Freddy Mercury's grand piano. And a live version of Relax, Take It Easy, recorded for Rob Da Bank's Radio 1 show,the Blue Room.

Tracklist:

1. Billy Brown

2. Love Today (Acoustic)

Thank you so much Freddie :huglove::thumb_yello:

DONE IN THE PAST WEEK: added awards and nominations to extended entries, 8 new entries and 2 new extended posts, added a lot of new quotes & photo links to various entries, added info about the digital editions of Songbook Vol 1, filled in a lot of gaps in the tour dates list, added video stills of all the music videos, fixed errors and typos and made other little edits, also updated the info i need post and the entries to be added post.

UP NEXT: more of the same and whatever else i think of
:groupwave:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mika talking about Milano, la Scala and XF in this clip. #195
X Factor - La giuria: anteprima
http://www.dituttounpop.it/x-factor-9-la-giuria-mika-si-parlera-tanto-di-musica-in-modo-sincero-ce-una-energia-positiva-e-la-giuria-e-musicale/

Google translator in English :uk:

Alessandro Cattelan was present in all four moments and, jokingly, as he justified the idea "brilliant" of the sofa: "I wanted to have a chat with new judges X Factor, but like all established musicians are pretty thin ... ...... so I decided to bring them to my couch ... a sort of if Mohammed will not go to the sofa, the sofa is from Muhammad. "

Cattelan: "Mika welcome aboard ... .."

Mika: "I am in Milan two years ago ...... I always wanted to do a tour bus of tourists.
I never could do it, I never went to the cathedral, never went to all the museums ... .this is the private tour bus. "
X Factor 9

Cattelan: "Mika tell me your desire and I will realize"

Mika: "I want to go to Piazza Duomo"

Cattelan: "Coachman Piazza Duomo"

Mika: "It 's an amazing thing ... .. one of the most beautiful things I've done in my life ... .We can do a tour of Italy ... .."

Cattelan: "Everything on the couch? This is a perfect format ... .I and you around the world as well. "

Mika: "The first day I came to Milan I began there, on the square (pointing at the La Scala in Milan), only to see the Scala ...
..I I started with classical music ... .La Scala is like the Vatican for all the singers that make Opera ".

Cattelan: "One of the classic upsets that can be made to a judge of X Factor when they were in the position of being judged by someone ... .all'inizio career ..."

Mika: "I've done it so many times ... .sai which is the worst thing ... when there's a yes or a no ... when there is not even an answer ... .. for me the frustration when the total was not there was a response ... ..Sai that I auditioned with Simon Cowell and he said no. "

Cattelan: "There will be reviewed at other times"

Mika: "In Los Angeles at a party ... I danced and I turn and I see Simon Cowell and immediately after Madonna ...."

Mika and Cattelan speak of the new season of X Factor 9

Cattelan: "How are you finding to X Factor ... now you're home ... the third year ... .that will be this season?"

Mika: "It 'a season when people are talking about music ... in a sincere manner ... .there is a positive energy ... there is a very musical jury ...... all over the world there is a panel where we are only musicians ... ..We are four musicians ... with different paths ... genres ...... .we work, we take risks every day, we need to test every month, every week and therefore there is some kind of credibility in This empathy with the people who are on the stage. "

Cattelan: "You are also very direct when you have to tell someone that is not the case than does the singer ... .while the first years looking for a turn of phrase ... .."

Mika: "Before I did not have the words ... .. I think it is more polite to say what we think"

thanks again! i'll add 3 Italia next update and i'll check out the video, maybe try to find a it better translation than google's usual jumble.

Some Information on the Dodgy Holiday EP for you (released on CD in 2006 ... very rare)  :thumb_yello:

Tracklist:
1. Billy Brown
2. Love Today (Acoustic)

Thanks for helping! i'd still like to see the printed credits if i can tho, i'm a bit of a completist when it comes to Mika info i guess :teehee: The longer it's taking to find a pic of them, the more determined i am becoming.

• Like 1