• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been working on Mikapedia updates for the past couple weeks, there's so much to catch up on!

.............................but while updating i got an idea for a thing, so i made the thing list of all Mika's playlist songs! now i can sort his playlist songs by song title, artist, etc

I tried to make the google spreadsheet so everyone with the link can see it & comment on it. Can someone please check that the link works?

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kreacher said:

I've been working on Mikapedia updates for the past couple weeks, there's so much to catch up on!

.............................but while updating i got an idea for a thing, so i made the thing list of all Mika's playlist songs! now i can sort his playlist songs by song title, artist, etc

I tried to make the google spreadsheet so everyone with the link can see it & comment on it. Can someone please check that the link works?

The link works for me, that's one organised spreadsheet! 😁

On 6/1/2022 at 3:09 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

The link works for me, that's one organised spreadsheet! 😁

awesome, thanks for double checking!

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Happy birthday Mika! :yay:

here's my gift to everyone in celebration of Mika's 39th...

DONE IN THE WEEKS FROM March 26 2020 til December 25, 2020ish and May 1, 2022ish til August 18, 2022: added at least 98 new entries, added 22 all new extended entries, and added extended info to 5 existing entries (see below), tested and majorly reformatted the entire Mika encyclopedia so it worked with the forum updates, made a spreadsheet list of songs Mika’s had on his playlists/played when he DJed/etc so i can sort them by artist/title/etc, made more collages, went through and fixed over 80 broken links, made a list of which entries were missing a photo and/or quote so i can keep an eye out for them, added a line for related video to all extended entries even if i couldn’t find a video for it for consistency’s sake, researched past tour dates and added some i'd missed and made changes to others and added a fun fact to a bunch and a photo to almost every date and added all the upcoming ones we know of, added a bunch of new information about singles and gave them their own section in each extended entry, redid the way i have the artwork and music video sections in the extended entries, majorly updated Mika’s extended info entry and gave his entry it’s own post because it’s very long, removed more than 20 entries that seemed superfluous and moved any relevant info to other entries, watched many Mika videos for “research”, tested a new color scheme but haven’t committed to it yet, made major updates to over 280 entries and countless little edits to others, added tidbits of info i’d come across in trawling through old MFC posts, changed the way i alphabetize the entries from letter by letter to word by word, put *NEW!*, UPDATED!, or NEWLY EXPANDED! before entries (instead of just making brand new entries green) so it's easier to search for new stuff, and etc.

NEWLY ADDED ENCYCLOPEDIA ENTRIES: Louane - Funk Off - Mashrou’ Leila - Etel Adnan - Topolino - Cooking With Mika - Geraldine Fougerat-Gay - Paloma Faith - Marseille - Lordana Bertè - Ornella Vanoni - Ugo Tognazzi - Fadi Abou - Rosamunda - Patrick Fiori - Annalisa Leo - “Kill Me On The Dance Floor” - Anything’s Possible - Baby K - Pierre Lapointe - Opel - Kering - “Gangham Style” - “J'ai Vu” - Fabio Zacco - Francesco "Katoo" Catitti - Manuel Agnelli - Hell Raton - Vergo - Eda Mari - N.A.I.P. - Lewis Capaldi - Hala Warde - Viviana Varese - Tempo - Lotus - Mustafa - Movimenti Production - BMI - “Pump Up The Jam” - Terence James - Neo - Ecco - Anthony Touma - Paul Ventimila - Victoria Adamo - “Overture” - Dolly Parton - Elvis Presley - Subwoolfer - Renaud Rebillaud - Alex Stacey - Adam Goodall - Patrick Bruel - Milinsky - Mira Mikati - For The Rite Of Spring Tour - The Magic Piano Tour - Indeed - Soundtrack Of Empathy - Laura Iseley - Ty Sunderland - MPHD - Klô Pelgag - Claudia Bouvette - Christian Sean - Do Ré Mika Sol - Fellow - Westfalia - Nika Paris - Clement De Witt - Claudin Alban - Life Dressed As A Man - Divie - Grace Kelly Tiktok Challenge - GLAAD - Philharmonie De Paris - Ludovico Tersigni - Coupledom - Lebanese National Order of Merit - Opéra Royal de Versailles - Minat Lyons - Mika Redonne Des Couleurs À Paris - Lou Doillon - Jakub Józef Orliński - Thibaut Garcia - Vincent Bidal - Stefan Plewniak - Gautier Capuçon - MazMusic & Media - James Murray - Mustafa Omer - Choeur Stella Maris - Craig David - Frederico Fellini - Bruno Santori - “Modern Times” - Tehu - Simone Marchetti

NEWLY ADDED EXTENDED INFO ENTRIES: “Le Coeur Holiday” - “Bella d’Estate” - “Me, Myself” - I Love Beirut - "It Must've Been Love" - "Si T'étais Là” - "Six Heures d'Avion Nous Séparent" - “Bolero” - Live at Sadler's Wells bonus disc - “Yo Yo” - “Who’s Gonna Love Me Now” - Eurovision - “Wooden Heart” - “Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town” - “The Christmas Song” - “We Wish You A Merry Christmas” - Laura Pausini - À l’Opéra Royal de Versailles - “I Have A Dream” - “Big Girls Don’t Cry” - “Anna e Marco” - “Fragile” - “People Have The Power”

NEWLY EXTENDED ENTRIES: Michele Bravi - Soprano - Danna Paola - Star Acedmie - David Sneddon

MAJORLY UPDATED OLDER ENTRIES: Beirut - XFactor - The Voice - Joannie Penniman - Ida Falk-Winland - Max Taylor - Emma Marrone - Alessandro Cattelan - Rufus Wainwright - Viktor & Rolf - Christian Louboutin - Andreas Dermanis - and more

:whew:

UP NEXT: Just a few of the things on my to do list include making more collages, changing the color scheme, adding fun facts & photos to more dates on the past tour dates list, adding photos and/or quotes for those entries that don’t have any, linking to more videos (especially the older extended entries), adding more detail to some of the new entries because i was rushing to finish the updates and skipped some less important stuff, more researching in old interviews and videos and threads, adding more bits of bio & other info to extended entries, and everything more. Pinterest no longer supports adding new GIFs and may possibly convert all current gifs into jpegs so I plan to move all my gifs elsewhere and relink them.

FIRST POST * # ~ A ~ Ba-Bh * Bi-Bz * C ~ D * E ~ F ~ G * H ~ I ~ J * K ~ La-Li * Li-Lz ~ Ma-Mh * Mika * Mi-Mz ~ N * O ~ P * Q ~ R ~ Sa-Sn * So-Sz ~ T * U ~ V ~ W ~ X ~ Y ~ Z * LEFTOVER EXTENDED INFO * LIVE MIKA TOUR DATES * RECENT UPDATES

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, kreacher said:

DONE IN THE WEEKS FROM March 26 2020 til December 25, 2020ish and May 1, 2022ish til August 18, 2022: added at least 98 new entries, added 22 all new extended entries, and added extended info to 5 existing entries (see below), tested and majorly reformatted the entire Mika encyclopedia so it worked with the forum updates, made a spreadsheet list of songs Mika’s had on his playlists/played when he DJed/etc so i can sort them by artist/title/etc, made more collages, went through and fixed over 80 broken links, made a list of which entries were missing a photo and/or quote so i can keep an eye out for them, added a line for related video to all extended entries even if i couldn’t find a video for it for consistency’s sake, researched past tour dates and added some and made changes to others and added a fun fact to some and added a photo to almost every date and added all the upcoming ones we know of, added a bunch of new information about singles and gave them their own section in each extended entry, redid the way i have the artwork and music video sections in the extended entries, majorly updated Mika’s extended info entry and gave his entry it’s own post because it’s very long, removed more than 20 entries that seemed superfluous and moved any relevant info to other entries, watched many Mika videos for “research”, tested a new color scheme but haven’t committed to it yet, made major updates to many entries and countless little edits to others, added tidbits of info i’d come across in trawling through old MFC posts, changed the way i alphabetize the entries from letter by letter to word by word, put *NEW!*, UPDATED!, or NEWLY EXPANDED! before entries (instead of just making brand new entries green) so it's easier to search for new stuff, and etc.

There doesn't seem to be a way to add spoilers anymore so i updated all the posts without them. It's making the first page of the thread hella long, sorry! I'll keep trying to figure it out.

NEWLY ADDED ENCYCLOPEDIA ENTRIES: Louane - Funk Off - Mashrou’ Leila - Etel Adnan - Topolino - Cooking With Mika - Geraldine Fougerat-Gay - Paloma Faith - Marseille - Lordana Bertè - Ornella Vanoni - Ugo Tognazzi - Fadi Abou - Rosamunda - Patrick Fiori - Annalisa Leo - “Kill Me On The Dance Floor” - Anything’s Possible - Baby K - Pierre Lapointe - Opel - Kering - “Gangham Style” - “J'ai Vu” - Fabio Zacco - Francesco "Katoo" Catitti - Manuel Agnelli - Hell Raton - Vergo - Eda Mari - N.A.I.P. - Lewis Capaldi - Hala Warde - Viviana Varese - Tempo - Lotus - Mustafa - Movimenti Production - BMI - “Pump Up The Jam” - Terence James - Neo - Ecco - Anthony Touma - Paul Ventimila - Victoria Adamo - “Overture” - Dolly Parton - Elvis Presley - Subwoolfer - Renaud Rebillaud - Alex Stacey - Adam Goodall - Patrick Bruel - Milinsky - Mira Mikati - For The Rite Of Spring Tour - The Magic Piano Tour - Indeed - Soundtrack Of Empathy - Laura Iseley - Ty Sunderland - MPHD - Klô Pelgag - Claudia Bouvette - Christian Sean - Do Ré Mika Sol - Fellow - Westfalia - Nika Paris - Clement De Witt - Claudin Alban - Life Dressed As A Man - Divie - Grace Kelly Tiktok Challenge - GLAAD - Philharmonie De Paris - Ludovico Tersigni - Coupledom - Lebanese National Order of Merit - Opéra Royal de Versailles - Minat Lyons - Mika Redonne Des Couleurs À Paris - Lou Doillon - Jakub Józef Orliński - Thibaut Garcia - Vincent Bidal - Stefan Plewniak - Gautier Capuçon - MazMusic & Media - James Murray - Mustafa Omer - Choeur Stella Maris - Craig David - Frederico Fellini - Bruno Santori - “Modern Times” - Tehu - Simone Marchetti

NEWLY ADDED EXTENDED INFO ENTRIES: “Le Coeur Holiday” - “Bella d’Estate” - “Me, Myself” - I Love Beirut - "It Must've Been Love" - "Si T'étais Là” - "Six Heures d'Avion Nous Séparent" - “Bolero” - Live at Sadler's Wells bonus disc - “Yo Yo” - “Who’s Gonna Love Me Now” - Eurovision - “Wooden Heart” - “Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town” - “The Christmas Song” - “We Wish You A Merry Christmas” - Laura Pausini - À l’Opéra Royal de Versailles - “I Have A Dream” - “Big Girls Don’t Cry” - “Anna e Marco” - “Fragile” - “People Have The Power”

NEWLY EXTENDED ENTRIES: Michele Bravi - Soprano - Danna Paola - Star Acedmie - David Sneddon

MAJORLY UPDATED OLDER ENTRIES: Beirut - XFactor - The Voice - Joannie Penniman - Ida Falk-Winland - Max Taylor - Emma Marrone - Alessandro Cattelan - Rufus Wainwright - Viktor & Rolf - Christian Louboutin - Andreas Dermanis - and more

UP NEXT: Just a few of the things on my to do list include making more collages, changing the color scheme, adding fun facts to more entries on the past tour dates list, adding photos and/or quotes for those entries that don’t have any, linking to more videos (especially the older extended entries), adding more detail to some of the new entries because i was rushing to finish the updates and skipped some stuff, more researching in old interviews and videos and threads, adding more bits of bio & other info to extended entries, and everything more. Pinterest no longer supports adding new GIFs and may possibly convert all current gifs into jpegs so I plan to move all my gifs elsewhere and relink them.

FIRST POST * # ~ A ~ Ba-Bh * Bi-Bz * C ~ D * E ~ F ~ G * H ~ I ~ J * K ~ La-Li * Li-Lz ~ Ma-Mh * Mika * Mi-Mz ~ N * O ~ P * Q ~ R ~ Sa-Sn * So-Sz ~ T * U ~ V ~ W ~ X ~ Y ~ Z * LEFTOVER EXTENDED INFO * LIVE MIKA TOUR DATES * RECENT UPDATES

Dee; what would we be without you!! THANK YOU for doing all this, that is SO MUCH work!!!! Very grateful for and to you!! 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, kreacher said:

DONE IN THE WEEKS FROM March 26 2020 til December 25, 2020ish and May 1, 2022ish til August 18, 2022: added at least 98 new entries, added 22 all new extended entries, and added extended info to 5 existing entries (see below), tested and majorly reformatted the entire Mika encyclopedia so it worked with the forum updates, made a spreadsheet list of songs Mika’s had on his playlists/played when he DJed/etc so i can sort them by artist/title/etc, made more collages, went through and fixed over 80 broken links, made a list of which entries were missing a photo and/or quote so i can keep an eye out for them, added a line for related video to all extended entries even if i couldn’t find a video for it for consistency’s sake, researched past tour dates and added some and made changes to others and added a fun fact to some and added a photo to almost every date and added all the upcoming ones we know of, added a bunch of new information about singles and gave them their own section in each extended entry, redid the way i have the artwork and music video sections in the extended entries, majorly updated Mika’s extended info entry and gave his entry it’s own post because it’s very long, removed more than 20 entries that seemed superfluous and moved any relevant info to other entries, watched many Mika videos for “research”, tested a new color scheme but haven’t committed to it yet, made major updates to many entries and countless little edits to others, added tidbits of info i’d come across in trawling through old MFC posts, changed the way i alphabetize the entries from letter by letter to word by word, put *NEW!*, UPDATED!, or NEWLY EXPANDED! before entries (instead of just making brand new entries green) so it's easier to search for new stuff, and etc.

There doesn't seem to be a way to add spoilers anymore so i updated all the posts without them. It's making the first page of the thread hella long, sorry! I'll keep trying to figure it out.

UP NEXT: Just a few of the things on my to do list include making more collages, changing the color scheme, adding fun facts to more entries on the past tour dates list, adding photos and/or quotes for those entries that don’t have any, linking to more videos (especially the older extended entries), adding more detail to some of the new entries because i was rushing to finish the updates and skipped some stuff, more researching in old interviews and videos and threads, adding more bits of bio & other info to extended entries, and everything more. Pinterest no longer supports adding new GIFs and may possibly convert all current gifs into jpegs so I plan to move all my gifs elsewhere and relink them.

Awesome work Dee :groupwave:

Thank you so much :flowers2: :hug:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hey all, I've been back to working on this more earnestly for the past couple of months and was hoping to have a major update ready by Christmas, or at least New Years Day but life keeps distracting me. Plus, I had kind of wandered away from Mika for a few months in 2022/2023 (if wasn't a conscious decision but looking back i think i might've been salty about the only 2 gigs i was to attend getting canceled/postponed too late for me :doh:) and he did a ton of stuff during my inattentive phase, more than I'd realized.

So, i figured if i post my goal date here maybe I'll stick to it better, and that goal is Mikasoon! :crossed:

...Or at least March sometime, because that's the anniversary of when i started this project 

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Hey all, I've been back to working on this more earnestly for the past couple of months and was hoping to have a major update ready by Christmas, or at least New Years Day but life keeps distracting me. Plus, I had kind of wandered away from Mika for a few months in 2022/2023 (if wasn't a conscious decision but looking back i think i might've been salty about the only 2 gigs i was to attend getting canceled/postponed too late for me :doh:) and he did a ton of stuff during my inattentive phase, more than I'd realized.

So, i figured if i post my goal date here maybe I'll stick to it better, and that goal is Mikasoon! :crossed:

...Or at least March sometime, because that's the anniversary of when i started this project 

Great, Dee! And yes, I know what you mean about posting publicly -- it makes you feel more accountable. I do that myself sometimes. :teehee:

Also, as I have been reading through, I have made a running list whenever I've noticed something that needs to be updated -- I refer to this Mikapedia *a lot* and appreciate the work you've done here so much! You probably already know about the things I have on my list, but just in case you don't... and if there's ever anything I can do to help out, please lmk!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, kreacher said:

Mikasoon is fine Dee :thumb_yello: We love what you do and it is totally amazing how you keep track of Mika history :clap:but don't feel bad for taking breaks once in a while :itsok: Real life is real life...

Happy to see you back :hug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2024 at 3:03 PM, dcdeb said:

Great, Dee! And yes, I know what you mean about posting publicly -- it makes you feel more accountable. I do that myself sometimes. :teehee:

Also, as I have been reading through, I have made a running list whenever I've noticed something that needs to be updated -- I refer to this Mikapedia *a lot* and appreciate the work you've done here so much! You probably already know about the things I have on my list, but just in case you don't... and if there's ever anything I can do to help out, please lmk!

I wrote it and i still refer to it a lot too :teehee: I'm glad i'm not the only one who uses it, but even i was i'd still probably work on it. I really just want to know all the Mikathings!

Thanks for keeping a list! I keep a list too but it's so easy to miss things (especially when he does so many things in languages i don't understand :doh:), so if you want to send me your list (whenever you get a chance, no rush) I'd love to compare.

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, kreacher said:

I'm glad i'm not the only one who uses it, but even i was i'd still probably work on it.

You are definitely not the only person using the Mika encyclopedia. :original:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am obsessed with this thread!! so much work done by you and everyone, thank you!!

I am still new to the forum and having a hard time navigating so this might be in there and I just did not find it, but, do you know where Mika lives now?? Is it Paris or not anymore? i have not seen him mention it in the press recently...

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Eli19 said:

but, do you know where Mika lives now?? Is it Paris or not anymore? i have not seen him mention it in the press recently...

He often describes himself as a citizen of the world! 😁 and could probably live just about anywhere.

His known houses are in Miami, Tuscany and London. Not too sure about France, I think he occasionally stays with family when there.

If you ever have Mika related questions or are looking for something specific we have this thread too:

• Like 2