MIKA @ BBC Radio 2 w/ Jo Whiley, 13 May 2015

eugenio

You know you would end up watching :mf_rosetinted:

But I think it would be hard for him to do the UK if he is already signed up for Italy

I found an article about X Factor UK 2015, don't know it's a reliable source... :dunno:

Twitter

https://twitter.com/unrealitytv/status/597517626135351296

X Factor 2015: Louis Walsh is out but Grace Kelly singer Mika could be in!

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-2015-louis-walsh-is-out-but-grace-kelly-singer-mika-could-be-in/

May 10th, 2015 by Nick Barnes
[ssba]
mika-xfactor.jpg

We reported earlier today that Louis Walsh has been AXED from the UK version of The X Factor after appearing as a judge from day one on the show.

There was a little hoo haa a couple of years ago in which Louis was sacked for all of five minutes, but was then brought back, but he has always been on the show since day one.

We know that The X Factor is undergoing a radical overhaul this year to try to boost the falling ratings of recent years, and one of the ways to do that is to bring big changes to the show – starting with the judging panel.

Now that Louis is gone, which we kind of knew would be the case anyway after Louis made comments about being “done” with the show, all eyes turn to who will replace him.

simon-cowell-louis-walsh-460x259.jpg

Who can go on to sit in Louis’ seat after he has been there for so many years? Yes, a lot of his comments were clichés, and a lot of the stuff that came out of his mouth was nonsense at times, but Louis made The X Factor in a weird little way. His comments such as ‘You were born to sing’ and ‘You made it your own’ have become synonymous with the show over the years.

However, it looks like X Factor bosses are looking at getting the one and only Mika to replace Louis Walsh.

Mika may seem like a bit of a surprise suggestion for some viewers, and a little bit ‘out there’, seeing as there are many other better known names to take over, but it seems as though Simon Cowell is a fan.

The Daily Star has today been reported that show boss Simon Cowell is a fan of the Grace Kelly singer’s performance on the Italian version of The X Factor, in which he appeared as a judge.

mika-460x307.jpg

Originally, Mika was approached to join their team back in 2013 after singing live on the show. However, there may be one thing stopping Mika from joining the British version – he’s already signed on the dotted line to appear on the Italian version of the show later this year.

Simon Cowell is reportedly desperate to make it work, and is going to try to rejig a few dates to make it a reality for Mika.

“Simon and ITV bosses think Mika is great but his commitments to the Italian version clash. It all depends on finding a way of making it work,” a source told the newspaper.

At present, it appears that Simon Cowell, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, and Mel B will be returning to the panel this year, but Mel B’s place is reportedly not all that safe. It has been reported that she too will be axed if a suitable replacement is found to take her place.

It was also recently confirmed that Olly Murs and Caroline Flack will be teaming up once again for this year’s series of The X Factor, but rather than being the hosts of sister show, The Xtra Factor, they’re set to host the main show, which we’re pretty excited about.

And here's the Periscope that he made while he was waiting for Jo

https://vk.com/video251318454_171364988

Edit: For who can't watch the video on VK, I uploaded even on Google Drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxtyZuo401xaeGF5bGlqeHN0RW8/view?usp=sharing

Thank you so much Lucrezia :flowers2::huglove: It is such a cute video :wub2:

I found an article about X Factor UK 2015, don't know it's a reliable source... :dunno:

Twitter

https://twitter.com/unrealitytv/status/597517626135351296

X Factor 2015: Louis Walsh is out but Grace Kelly singer Mika could be in!

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/x-factor-2015-louis-walsh-is-out-but-grace-kelly-singer-mika-could-be-in/

May 10th, 2015 by Nick Barnes
[ssba]
mika-xfactor.jpg

We reported earlier today that Louis Walsh has been AXED from the UK version of The X Factor after appearing as a judge from day one on the show.

There was a little hoo haa a couple of years ago in which Louis was sacked for all of five minutes, but was then brought back, but he has always been on the show since day one.

We know that The X Factor is undergoing a radical overhaul this year to try to boost the falling ratings of recent years, and one of the ways to do that is to bring big changes to the show – starting with the judging panel.

Now that Louis is gone, which we kind of knew would be the case anyway after Louis made comments about being “done” with the show, all eyes turn to who will replace him.

simon-cowell-louis-walsh-460x259.jpg

Who can go on to sit in Louis’ seat after he has been there for so many years? Yes, a lot of his comments were clichés, and a lot of the stuff that came out of his mouth was nonsense at times, but Louis made The X Factor in a weird little way. His comments such as ‘You were born to sing’ and ‘You made it your own’ have become synonymous with the show over the years.

However, it looks like X Factor bosses are looking at getting the one and only Mika to replace Louis Walsh.

Mika may seem like a bit of a surprise suggestion for some viewers, and a little bit ‘out there’, seeing as there are many other better known names to take over, but it seems as though Simon Cowell is a fan.

The Daily Star has today been reported that show boss Simon Cowell is a fan of the Grace Kelly singer’s performance on the Italian version of The X Factor, in which he appeared as a judge.

mika-460x307.jpg

Originally, Mika was approached to join their team back in 2013 after singing live on the show. However, there may be one thing stopping Mika from joining the British version – he’s already signed on the dotted line to appear on the Italian version of the show later this year.

Simon Cowell is reportedly desperate to make it work, and is going to try to rejig a few dates to make it a reality for Mika.

“Simon and ITV bosses think Mika is great but his commitments to the Italian version clash. It all depends on finding a way of making it work,” a source told the newspaper.

At present, it appears that Simon Cowell, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, and Mel B will be returning to the panel this year, but Mel B’s place is reportedly not all that safe. It has been reported that she too will be axed if a suitable replacement is found to take her place.

It was also recently confirmed that Olly Murs and Caroline Flack will be teaming up once again for this year’s series of The X Factor, but rather than being the hosts of sister show, The Xtra Factor, they’re set to host the main show, which we’re pretty excited about.

This is the article that started the rumour earlier this week.

Thank you all, for your work with recording and sharing this happy interview for everybody!! -:) I hope his UK fans will have a great day, by knowing that they'll get gigs as well. Now a lot of European countries will be visited - but unfortunately none of the four Scandinavian countries are mentioned for this tour -:( But of course, things can change, at least I hope so...

I love so much the part about Annie Lennox, and her advice to keep the burning desire alive in you! -:) then everything is possible. I'll never forget MIKAs "burning hot" version of her "Missionary man" - at my first, and unforgettable, gig in Oslo 07.11.07...

And of course I love that MIKA himself cheerish his own song "Toy Boy" - my fav. since the first day we got it...-:)

Love,love

me

I've left a comment on the article about X Factor's site, saying that this would be the best news ever. I'm sorry if anyone would be disappointed if Mika does X Factor UK, but it has been a dream of mine. He would become a big name again over here again. Look at Cheryl Cole. She can't even sing live, but her records get into the charts and she's an A list celebrity in the UK, all because of X Factor.

I don't believe he would be compromising his musical career. Gary Barlow does okay with his. This would open so many doors for Mika in the UK, and possibly get his songs played on Radio 1, not just on Ken Bruce's, or Jo whiley's shows.

Please let this really happen *fingers, toes, eyes, all crossed for this*

Edited by Marilyn Mastin
  • Like 4

Thank you very much guys! :flowers2:

Download link :

Edited version of the AUDIO FILE : 29.05 MB  :thumb_yello:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/r6e97z

Edit: For who can't watch the video on VK, I uploaded even on Google Drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxtyZuo401xaeGF5bGlqeHN0RW8/view?usp=sharing

First post updated with links & pic from yesterday!  :thumb_yello:

if it gets him (positive) fame in the UK, i wouldn't mind him doing xfactor there. might even watch it (at least to see what it's like), at least i'd understand it this time. :teehee: and really, after the 50th casting show in other countries, it doesn't make a difference anymore, except for getting him known to a wider audience. :dunno:

To be honest, I was really surprised about X factor's news because he said in "Accès Illimité" that he didn't want to be a star in UK, but just a singer  ;) I may didn't understand what he wanted to say  :teehee:

Anyway, I'm curious about his decision, I would be happy in any choice, after Italy and France I think it could be a good idea  :fisch:

Edited by Chloe940
  • Like 1

To be honest, I was really surprised about X factor's news because he said in "Accès Illimité" that he didn't want to be a star in UK, but just a singer  ;) I may didn't understand what he wanted to say  :teehee:

I was thinking about the same thing, but well, it wouldn't be the first time that he would change his mind about career choices  :fisch:

I would have been moooore surprised about it if he hadn't already done 5 talent shows in other countries, so one more, could just help winning back the Uk audience, i hope  ;)

• Like 1

I've left a comment on the article about X Factor's site, saying that this would be the best news ever. I'm sorry if anyone would be disappointed if Mika does X Factor UK, but it has been a dream of mine. He would become a big name again over here again. Look at Cheryl Cole. She can't even sing live, but her records get into the charts and she's an A list celebrity in the UK, all because of X Factor.

I don't believe he would be compromising his musical career. Gary Barlow does okay with his. This would open so many doors for Mika in the UK, and possibly get his songs played on Radio 1, not just on Ken Bruce's, or Jo whiley's shows.

Don't worry, if he drops the Voice and goes to UK I won't be disappointed  :wink2:

Usually that means he's going to do it. If he isn't he just could have said so.

like i said, it might just be marketing to get people/the press to talk about him. but like frauke said, we'll see. :)

Usually that means he's going to do it. If he isn't he just could have said so.

He actually does say "no" at one point. Not in direct answer to the question but when Jo implies that his silence speaks for itself. To me his tone says "oh this is silly". Perhaps he just knows too much and with all the secrecy prior to an official announcement he does not want to get involved in a public discussion about it because anything he says could potentially cause problems.

When it comes to XF Italy I would say that wherever there is smoke there is fire but there are a lot of rumours surrounding who will replace Louis Walsh and I would think the one about Nick Grimshaw is the most credible. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Not sure why anyone is bent out of shape about him doing XF UK in particular. It would be the least ridiculous of all his decisions in regards to these talent shows. I am bored of all these talent shows/reality TV but at least it's in English and Simon Cowell is the most entertaining of all these judges. The Voice in France is a total snoozefest and XF Italy is unwatchable. XF UK has at least produced some singers I listen to which is more than can be said for any of these other shows.

He didn't! That was the point.... He just remained silent and wouldn't answer!

Right, and if the answer was NO, wouldn't he have just said NO!?

I think the nervous giggle said it all. Unless they've planted the story just to generate buzz and Mika's a really good actor, I'd say that odds are good he's doing X Factor in the UK -- it seems like the story is true that they are at least trying to figure out how he can get around his Italian XF commitment to do it.

or November or December... He likes to treat us to the good weather ;)

Ah yes, I remember a cold, stormy November night in Glasgow so long ago... :naughty:

Thanks. I saw it live, but it's nice to see it again. How do you record those Periscope videos? I haven't been able to. :blink:

Not sure why anyone is bent out of shape about him doing XF UK in particular. It would be the least ridiculous of all his decisions in regards to these talent shows. I am bored of all these talent shows/reality TV but at least it's in English and Simon Cowell is the most entertaining of all these judges. The Voice in France is a total snoozefest and XF Italy is unwatchable. XF UK has at least produced some singers I listen to which is more than can be said for any of these other shows.

As much as I dislike these TV shows, I have to say that if Mika is going to do one (and it seems he feels he MUST for some reason), then why not the UK? :dunno: I'm much more likely to follow it, because, as you say, the UK show has promoted singers that I've actually heard of -- not to mention the fact that it will be nice to hear Mika speaking a language I understand without having to work at it. :naughty:

Right, and if the answer was NO, wouldn't he have just said NO!?

I think the nervous giggle said it all. Unless they've planted the story just to generate buzz and Mika's a really good actor, I'd say that odds are good he's doing X Factor in the UK -- it seems like the story is true that they are at least trying to figure out how he can get around his Italian XF commitment to do it.

I don't understand why, if they are so interested in Mika, they didn't just settle this before he re-signed to XF Italy. Sounds like it has been expected that Louis Walsh would not return since last year. This would all be a bit less WTF if it didn't mean doing both shows at the same time especially given all the tour dates this year.

Imo, MIKA engagement in XF Italy has given him a lot of new opportunities, so I don't see why it shouldn't do the same in UK! If he wants to use some of his time at TV shows, related to music, I really don't understand why this should be a problem at all -:) I would be more surprised, and disappointed, if he turned his back to music! MIKA never did more, of all kind of creative stuff, than during these last two years, while he's also been busy with 2 TV shows in 2 different countries. He's still young, and full of energy - and imo, it's great that he does what he wants! -:) His 4th album, probably the best ever, is just around the corner! He's doing gigs so successful that the audience are on their knees! :-) I really don't fear anything negative for his carrere, if he wants to do XF UK. Those who don't want to watch it, are free to do other things, while he's on TV...-:)

Love,love

me

As much as I dislike these TV shows, I have to say that if Mika is going to do one (and it seems he feels he MUST for some reason), then why not the UK? :dunno: I'm much more likely to follow it, because, as you say, the UK show has promoted singers that I've actually heard of -- not to mention the fact that it will be nice to hear Mika speaking a language I understand without having to work at it. :naughty:

Most people in Europe seem to be able to speak English, but a vast amount of British people can't speak any other language. I can't speak anything else, apart from the odd phrase. So people in Europe could follow X Factor UK and see Mika even more than before. It would be great.

As a few have already said, the silence speaks volumes. He could have said he was doing Italian X Factor again and left it at that, if it's not true. If they are trying to jiggle things around, maybe he can't say anything yet. I do think though, that if they wanted him for the UK, they shouldn't have expected him to sign up for Italy, unless Mika himself, thinks he can do both shows. Perhaps he does, after all, a few years ago he was gigging most every night, in many countries. Compared to that, this is probably easier for him.

To be honest, I was really surprised about X factor's news because he said in "Accès Illimité" that he didn't want to be a star in UK, but just a singer ;) I may didn't understand what he wanted to say :teehee: .

Anyway, I'm curious about his decision, I would be happy in any choice, after Italy and France I think it could be a good idea :fisch:

Exactly!

He said he was happy with his anonimity here, as far as paps go.

Doing X Factor would open him up to that, one way or another.

May be good for getting him noticed as a celeb, not sure about anything else.

May be good for getting him noticed as a celeb, not sure about anything else.

yes, he has become a celeb in Italy, with a lot of screaming fangirls going at every event he takes part, and paps following him too, but a lot of people have bought his Songbook (hoping they will buy NPIH too now  :fisch: ) and he has 6 upcoming shows... so i hope that if he really does it in UK too, he will win the Brits audience as well, not just as a tv character, of course  ;)

I'm totally with you. Even if this choice can be a little contradictory, i think this is a big opportonity for him, that can really give him a long musical career, and also the chance to win more international awards! and x factor Uk is also broadcasted in lots of other countries.