MIKA in UK & Ireland Press - 2015

dcdeb

Regarding the UK. No he's not going to sell out huge places. He could sell out a smaller one I think.

But his best bet, for getting himself known again, could be the radio show he's planning, and if he could get his music onto adverts on TV.

Adverts would help a lot, and wouldn't take a lot of effort on Mika's part. He could be off doing other things, while his record gets played on TV in the UK.

One thing I have been pleased about recently is that he has quite a few pop videos from NPIH. The Staring At The Sun video is beautiful, I know that SATS is the new single, but there are also vids of, Good Guys, Last Party and Talk About You, all from this album, up and running on Vevo.

I think getting the songs on video is one way to get them out there and the SATS video proves you don't need a big budget to make something beautiful. Just the right song, the right setting and the right director (Hi there Andreas) So Mika could get more of his songs onto video, getting hits online.

These days, there are other ways to get a hit song, and get known, than the singles and the album charts.

:) When I was in London in June, I had to make a pic of The Round House, just because MIKA had performed there :wink2:  We passed the house,obviously during a break of the show inside, cause the street was crowded with people - who all looked as if they had a great time inside the house :teehee:   The two gigs MIKA gave us in Oslo,with 2,5 years intervall,   were both at Sentrum Scene, which only can take app. 1500 persons, but this size of the arena is intimate and great.  I'd be over the moon if he came back, something I also asked for in Montreal, just before he left the M&G.  His answer was a beautiful smile and both arms up   :wink2:   But still NOTHING about NPIH here, so I don't even hope for it anymore :( But the UK is probably ready for more gigs, I do hope for the best outcome after his last visit, with the right persons, these days!!  :) 

Love,love

me 

:) When I was in London in June, I had to make a pic of The Round House, just because MIKA had performed there :wink2:  We passed the house,obviously during a break of the show inside, cause the street was crowded with people - who all looked as if they had a great time inside the house :teehee:   The two gigs MIKA gave us in Oslo,with 2,5 years intervall,   were both at Sentrum Scene, which only can take app. 1500 persons, but this size of the arena is intimate and great.  I'd be over the moon if he came back, something I also asked for in Montreal, just before he left the M&G.  His answer was a beautiful smile and both arms up   :wink2:   But still NOTHING about NPIH here, so I don't even hope for it anymore :(But the UK is probably ready for more gigs, I do hope for the best outcome after his last visit, with the right persons, these days!!  :)

Love,love

me 

I really hope so, but I have my doubts sometimes. :(

Someone called Mika a ‘faggot’ – his response was amazing 

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/08/10/someone-called-mika-a-faggot-his-response-was-amazing/

When a poster for Mika’s concert was defaced with the word “faggot”, the singer took the opportunity to make a stand.The artist set the image as his Twitter photo and background after a follower shared it.It shows a poster for Mika’s concerts in Florence, across which was scrawled the Italian equivalent of the word faggot.

Writing in Italian, the singer said: “I saw the writing on my posters and my instinct was to let it go … that the hatred of some people, something I know very well , was best ignored,” he wrote on Twitter.

The out gay singer also used the hashtag “#rompiamoilsilenzio”, which translates to “let’s break the silence.”

“I am not afraid of Those Who discriminated against. No one Should be. Love does what it wants,” he continued.

The tweets were retweeted and favourited thousands of times.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 6

I asked the Colston Hall in Bristol about the possibility of him playing there again, and I got this reply

@Rakpenguin63 @mikasounds Hey Rose - you'd have to ask him v. nicely to do a UK tour ;)

So I assume this means they are happy for him to play there, he just has to arrange it.

I'm sure Rose that if someone pays for the expenses, every venue would be happy to have Mika play there. ;) but whoever is responsible for investing this money (and i don't think that's Mika himself - tho maybe he even did that for the london gig?) apparently doesn't see enough revenue chances there. :dunno:

• Like 1

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/08/10/someone-called-mika-a-faggot-his-response-was-amazing/

When a poster for Mika’s concert was defaced with the word “faggot”, the singer took the opportunity to make a stand.The artist set the image as his Twitter photo and background after a follower shared it.It shows a poster for Mika’s concerts in Florence, across which was scrawled the Italian equivalent of the word faggot.

Writing in Italian, the singer said: “I saw the writing on my posters and my instinct was to let it go … that the hatred of some people, something I know very well , was best ignored,” he wrote on Twitter.

The out gay singer also used the hashtag “#rompiamoilsilenzio”, which translates to “let’s break the silence.”

“I am not afraid of Those Who discriminated against. No one Should be. Love does what it wants,” he continued.

I was not at all happy about the poster daubing that started all this off, but I've been thrilled at how Mika has handled the insult and turned it on it's head, and a big part of my heart has really hoped that the waves of his campaign would wash up on the shores of the UK.

Because it's time they woke up to what a bold Good Guy Mika is! I thought the album would do it, but if the Italian campaign has begun to make gay (and good hearted straight people) in the UK, realise how brave and beautiful Mika is, then a really bad thing, has done an awful lot of good.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

While I'm disgusted that this idiot has insulted Mika this way, I'm so proud of Mika's comeback against him.  This is exactly the reason why Mika is my idol.  He is proud to be himself and won't let haters bring him down.  And he is right: no one should be discriminated because of their sexuality or background.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the whole interview,at page 15 : http://issuu.com/gaynightmagazine/docs/gn209be

Is this in the UK mag? It seems like the foreign mag, to me.

I can't get onto the interview. I can only see the cover of the magazine when I click the link.. I don't know how to see the interview.

Edit: I've figured it out and read the interview. It's very good, so I hope it is the UK mag it's in.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Edit: I've figured it out and read the interview. It's very good, so I hope it is the UK mag it's in.

Yes,it's from Style magazine UK from June, Freddiesdouble posted the pic of the cover on Twitter  :wink2:

COIpb0eWoAEA_9J.jpg

Is this in the UK mag? It seems like the foreign mag, to me.

I can't get onto the interview. I can only see the cover of the magazine when I click the link.. I don't know how to see the interview.

Could you see the bottom of page 015 ?

The TEXT is from The Sunday Times.

20550731644_0550042c4f_o.jpg

Sunday Times

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/style/living/article1569005.ece

All about Mika

The noughties pop star Mika is back with a new album. He talks suits, songs and his sister’s horrific accident

Louis Wise Published: 21 June 2015

Yes, yes, Mika! You remember: he of Grace Kelly fame, the living, singing, 6ft-something cartoon with an exhausting several-octave range. This quite unclassifiable pop star — half-American, half-Lebanese, but educated in France and then west London — burst through in 2007 with his multimillion-selling album Life in Cartoon Motion. He is still going, thank you, with a new album about to be released, but in the meantime he has been patiently sitting things out in his sun-flecked garden in Chelsea, as pop goes through a particularly boring, beige phase. In the late Noughties, music was a bit mouthier, messier, more berserk, wasn’t it? Lily Allen, Amy Winehouse, Lady Gaga...

“It was more daring,” says the man born Michael Penniman, sitting on one of two plush garden sofas. Now 31, he is wearing a T-shirt, trainers and chinos decorated with teeny-tiny tennis racquets. Now and again, one of his two golden retrievers wanders

We are Family magazine

https://twitter.com/WeAreFamilyMag/status/642373814517567489

7IqkPjCv_bigger.jpeg

Issue 9 is out 14th September ft advice on gender busting parenting, stories on routes to parenthood, interview w/ @mikasounds & loads more

Their site

http://wearefamilymagazine.co.uk/

• Like 1

We are Family magazine

https://twitter.com/WeAreFamilyMag/status/642373814517567489

7IqkPjCv_bigger.jpeg

Issue 9 is out 14th September ft advice on gender busting parenting, stories on routes to parenthood, interview w/ @mikasounds & loads more

Their site

http://wearefamilymagazine.co.uk/

Fantastic! Can't wait to read the interview.

• Like 1

We Are Family

We caught up with @mikasounds & talked about about coming out & his new album #NoPlaceInHeaven Grab Issue 9 here: bit.ly/1Xbvktd

http://wearefamilymagazine.co.uk/shop/current-issue-issue-9-summer-2015/

Highlights include:

Singer-songwriter Mika talks about his childhood, coming out, and being more true to himself in his latest album

WAF9_cover_loresCOPY.jpg

post-18723-0-78238500-1442317787_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot for posting crazyaboutmika

Music News

http://www.music-news.com/review/UK/11443/Live/Mika?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=simplykarlos

I love this review :wub2:
http://www.music-news.com/review/UK/11443/Live/Mika?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=simplykarlos
MikaThe Adelphi Theatre18 October 2015(gig)4 hEmilie DevilletShare with:

Last night was the last date of Mika’s tour. The quirky singer chose to perform his last show in London, at the Adelphi Theatre, a small venue that made the performance intimate and special, both for Mika and for his many fans.

Mika is a special performer and so you know, right upfront, that seeing him on stage is going to be a real treat and a true unique experience. His latest album No Place In Heaven was released mid-June this year and has proven to be quite a success. The singer has been on tour with his circus-like stage arrangements for the last months and London was the last stop on his map.

The singer started off the gig by an acapella version of No Place In Heaven that left the audience in awe, as people were looking at the stage with amazed eyes and wide-opened mouths. Mika then sang Big Girls, which goteverybody cheering and clapping along.

Dressed in a black suit embroidered with glittery fireworks, the singer expressed his happiness to be performing at the Adelphi Theatre and reminded the audience that he could see each and everyone of them. Playing the piano, dancing, singing and interacting with the public, Mika pleased everybody by performing his hits (Grace Kelly, Lollipop, Relax, Happy Ending) but alsotracks from his most recent album: the catchy Talk AboutYou, Good Guys and Last Party, an homage to Freddie Mercury and a very moving and beautiful song.

Mika is having fun on stage and his enthusiasm is highly contagious. His audience gathers many different people, from teenagers to grandmas, from men in suits to ladies in high heels. The singer knows how to make his fans happy and alternates acapella performances and piano playing. The encore was a hysterical plea for more and the concert ended with a massive standing ovation that seemed to move Mika.

If you ever have the chance or opportunity to see Mika live, by all means, go for it: it is a one of a kind experience that will leave you with a happy heart, dancing feet and a big smile on your face.

• Like 1