Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram Updates - 2016

Lucrezia

I've not been on here for a while. Since Mika isn't doing anything in the UK atm I don't come on here as much. But I just wanted to say, I voted to leave the EU, as did my husband.

Yes, we are older than most on here. Most older people voted to leave. This is because we remember how it used to be, before we got shackled to Europe. We traded with our very own Commonwealth, and many other countries. The UK was much better off and the NHS was thriving.

There's a whole world out there we can trade with.

It is always good to help refugees who need a place to live. As did Mika, and many others. However, if we are letting in European citizens who are not in any danger, but who only come here to make a better life in a country who had the good sense not to adopt the Euro, then how can we also let in refugees? We simply haven't the room to do both.

I would sooner stop in influx of immigrants from Europe, so we have room to let in people who need a safe haven from war-torn countries.

I don't understand the panic of the people who wanted to stay. If they would just pull together and accept the vote to leave, things could be much better for the UK. 

Totally floored and honoured. Can't believe it.

Joan Baez just took my hand and said "come, I want to sing for you" I sat down in the lobby of the hotel and she sang Diamonds and Rust

That is a truly amazing thing to happen to him

• Like 3

That is a truly amazing thing to happen to him

It is - indeed! :) I can easily imagine how proud he's about Joan Baez doing this to him - omg - it's fantastic - she's an icon, in so many ways! :wub:  "Diamonds and Rust" is the song about her and Bob Dylan   :)  The lovely 75 y.o. singer will perform, together with her son, in our national treasure,  the Nidaros Cathedral in Trondheim, the 29th July, during the St. Olavs days.  Of course, the event is sold out... ;)

Love, love

me

MIKA@mikasounds

Music music everywhere. On the terraces, lobbies, street corners, arenas, bars and coffee shops. Happiness & music everywhere #UmbriaJazz16

MIKA@mikasounds

This is what happens when a few friends help you to say happy birthday to your sister #Albi instagram.com/p/BHrw86ADcyL/

En lisant les nouvelles des attaques à Nice, où j'ai passé bcp de 14 Juillet en famille, mon cœur est lourd et ça me rend tellement triste.

Je pense à tout le monde là-bas. Quelle tristesse.

Nice; Une autre attaque lâche, comme tirer dans le dos de quelqu'un, quelle honte.

• Like 1

En lisant les nouvelles des attaques à Nice, où j'ai passé bcp de 14 Juillet en famille, mon cœur est lourd et ça me rend tellement triste.

Je pense à tout le monde là-bas. Quelle tristesse.

Nice; Une autre attaque lâche, comme tirer dans le dos de quelqu'un, quelle honte.

"Translation in English: 

When reading the news about the attack in Nice where I spent many July 14th with my family, my heart is heavy with sorrow and it makes me feel so sad.

I'm thinking about everyone who was there. How sad.

Nice: Another cowardly attack, as shooting someone in the back, what a shame."

:tears:

• Like 4