Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

I made myself laugh when I posted this because all I could think of was how many people on this site were seeing what was there and going , who is that bald guy? And why is she talking about him?:lol3:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

So last summer, when Harry Styles' song Watermelon Sugar was big, I would sing it every time we had watermelon (of course) and Crosby (who loves watermelon), started to recognize the song... and expected watermelon every time he heard it.

So lately I've been singing Sweetie Banana whenever I have a banana, thinking that Crosby (who LOVES banana) would start to recognize that song, too. But so far... nothing.

Until today. I was uploading some videos when Crosby came over to me, sat at my feet and whimpered. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I realized which song was playing in the background. Yep. Sweetie Banana.

Bye bye! Sweetie banana... bye bye, sweetie bananananaaaaa... :pbjt:

• Haha 7

Some of you know about the coincidences or psychic experiences I have, sometimes involving the fan club. What happens is I think about an extremely obscure person, place, or thing (meaning, long ago or very rare or far from anyone's consciousness) and within a moment it is prominent in the news or elsewhere. In fact CJ got involved in one long one about the song Suddenly Seymour and Venus Flytraps (check out her newly revised bio) from Little Shop of Horrors. (Even Mika played a role in that one!) . So….recently I posted about Yul Brynner, here and in another forum, as you can see a few posts earlier. AND YESTERDAY, on a daily talk show in the US, Rita Moreno was a guest. Talking about her first role, which was in…the King And I. But what they wanted to talk about, of course, was Yul Brynner. 

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 2:22 PM, QueenBigFat said:

Some of you know about the coincidences or psychic experiences I have, sometimes involving the fan club. What happens is I think about an extremely obscure person, place, or thing (meaning, long ago or very rare or far from anyone's consciousness) and within a moment it is prominent in the news or elsewhere. In fact CJ got involved in one long one about the song Suddenly Seymour and Venus Flytraps (check out her newly revised bio) from Little Shop of Horrors. (Even Mika played a role in that one!) . So….recently I posted about Yul Brynner, here and in another forum, as you can see a few posts earlier. AND YESTERDAY, on a daily talk show in the US, Rita Moreno was a guest. Talking about her first role, which was in…the King And I. But what they wanted to talk about, of course, was Yul Brynner. 

Aaaaaaaaaand another one….

in a conversation on another thread a **couple** of days ago I posted about an electrician who was doing work on my old house when the power went out, years and years ago. And then we discovered that the power was out on the whole block. And in total seriousness he raised his hands in the air and said, I didn’t do anything! It was funny at the time. It was even funnier when we discovered that the power was down in the entire Northeast US.

*****Today*****     in the local paper:

IMG_1243.thumb.jpeg.06fae2a50e697bc097de4f270c03ce31.jpeg

• Haha 1

In the middle of my late night crisis I had an idea for a fanfic (which I'm not sure I'm going to write) that would involve Mika having a twin brother named Alistair. A more reserved man, he never touched the stage more than a few times. Probably the member of the family whose existence is not known because he wanted it that way. :hypo:

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2024 at 7:57 PM, QueenBigFat said:

Aaaaaaaaaand another one….

in a conversation on another thread a **couple** of days ago I posted about an electrician who was doing work on my old house when the power went out, years and years ago. And then we discovered that the power was out on the whole block. And in total seriousness he raised his hands in the air and said, I didn’t do anything! It was funny at the time. It was even funnier when we discovered that the power was down in the entire Northeast US.

*****Today*****     in the local paper:

IMG_1243.thumb.jpeg.06fae2a50e697bc097de4f270c03ce31.jpeg

Sooooooo….today we watched Oppenheimer. It was so mumbly and badly produced that we had to use closed captions. Which we followed by watching the recorded episode of Sunday Morning from earlier today, which featured a segment about… how often people need to use cc for movies these days, especially for movies such as Oppenheimer, whose producer, Christopher Nolan, is famous for his unintelligible movies.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Sooooooo….today we watched Oppenheimer. It was so mumbly and badly produced that we had to use closed captions. Which we followed by watching the recorded episode of Sunday Morning from earlier today, which featured a segment about… how often people need to use cc for movies these days, especially for movies such as Oppenheimer, whose producer, Christopher Nolan, is famous for his unintelligible movies.

And right now as I reply to your post, guess what film is being discussed on TV? OPPENHEIMER! :lmfao:

Hi just wanted to further explain something we were just talking about on the Insta live. The reaction videos thing.

I was just repeating what the other person was saying, it doesn't necessarily reflect my own opinion. I mean of course it can't hurt if we as fans comment on Mika related content on all corners of the internet, but the way most of these semi professional reactors who have a big audience work is that they have Patreon accounts where you have to pay to request videos. (Yes I know, I'm also old enough to find this crazy). So in most cases commenting on the videos doesn't actually achieve much I'd say.

Anyway, I didn't come here to be negative, my main reason was to point out that regardless of their usefulness in promoting Mika's music, I think they're really fun :D 

It's nice seeing people enjoy something you love or discuss the lyrics with a completely fresh take. Bit like reading the song discussions on here but in video format.

For example look at this dude seeing Mika perform Love Today for the first time and having the time of his life!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Hi just wanted to further explain something we were just talking about on the Insta live. The reaction videos thing.

I was just repeating what the other person was saying, it doesn't necessarily reflect my own opinion. I mean of course it can't hurt if we as fans comment on Mika related content on all corners of the internet, but the way most of these semi professional reactors who have a big audience work is that they have Patreon accounts where you have to pay to request videos. (Yes I know, I'm also old enough to find this crazy). So in most cases commenting on the videos doesn't actually achieve much I'd say.

Anyway, I didn't come here to be negative, my main reason was to point out that regardless of their usefulness in promoting Mika's music, I think they're really fun :D 

It's nice seeing people enjoy something you love or discuss the lyrics with a completely fresh take. Bit like reading the song discussions on here but in video format.

For example look at this dude seeing Mika perform Love Today for the first time and having the time of his life!!

"I love Mika's vibe."

:floor:

Amen, brother!

Seriously, he probably couldn't have chosen a better video to react to -- that whole Indeed mini-concert was simply ::swoon:

Anyhow, thanks for helping clarify what Lore was trying to tell me -- I wasn't getting it, but this makes sense. As you say, they probably do want some cash incentive to "do" a particular artist (just like the tip jar at your favorite piano bar) but it doesn't hurt to ask. Even if they don't respond, other people posting may see the requests and become curious and look Mika up for themselves. :dunno_grin:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Seriously, he probably couldn't have chosen a better video to react to -- that whole Indeed mini-concert was simply ::swoon:

I so so so SO agree!!! I have not watched this video yet but this version of Love Today, including and especially the drum solo, stops me in my tracks. It is the hottest thing I have ever seen him do. And I particularly love how adult he looks.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

I so so so SO agree!!! I have not watched this video yet but this version of Love Today, including and especially the drum solo, stops me in my tracks. It is the hottest thing I have ever seen him do. And I particularly love how adult he looks.

I just watched the video. This guy is hysterical. He thinks he's seen a “live performance “. Of Mika. This. Would somebody please show him what a Mika live performance really looks like??!!

• Haha 3

On 3/10/2024 at 6:26 AM, aleeeeeec said:

In the middle of my late night crisis I had an idea for a fanfic (which I'm not sure I'm going to write) that would involve Mika having a twin brother named Alistair. A more reserved man, he never touched the stage more than a few times. Probably the member of the family whose existence is not known because he wanted it that way. :hypo:

That twin brother would have to be gay because otherwise All she wants lyrics would make no sense (I used to be puzzled by them until Fortune's wedding)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

That twin brother would have to be gay because otherwise All she wants lyrics would make no sense (I used to be puzzled by them until Fortune's wedding)

You're right! Alistair would definitely be gay too. I get the impression that Mika and Alis knew each other's sexual orientation without saying it out loud. But, Alistair seeing how Mika is doing in love and the difficulties they go through in their childhood-teenage years makes him lock himself in his shell. :dunno:

• Like 1

Speaking of coincidences... I have a colouring app on my phone. A few days ago it started a new series of travel pictures based on capital cities. The first one was Paris. 😍 We got the second one yesterday... Athens! From all the capital cities they could have chosen. What are the odds? I'm almost obliged to listen to "Moi, Andy et Paris" while I do it. :lol3:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

@TinyLove_CJ

oh, CJ……

from a funny list that I was just reading….

IMG_1285.thumb.png.4a7c32b817c29f7540930a8eeedbb719.png

If I ever visit Kew gardens I'll make sure that I'm NOT the fly on the wall! :lmfao:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hero said:

So, late to this one, but I recently discovered Brooklyn Nine-Nine and I love it! I'm on a crazy binge fest.  :lol3:

LOVE Brooklyn 99!! One of my favourite shows of all time :wub2:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hero said:

So, late to this one, but I recently discovered Brooklyn Nine-Nine and I love it! I'm on a crazy binge fest.  :lol3:

Are you watching it from the beginning anywhere online? It used to be on All4 but I'm so annoyed it's gone now, I really want to watch it!

41 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Are you watching it from the beginning anywhere online? It used to be on All4 but I'm so annoyed it's gone now, I really want to watch it!

I've been watching compilation videos on YouTube, there's an official channel with so many videos I feel like I've seen the full show! But looking online:

Currently you are able to watch "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" streaming on Netflix, Netflix basic with Ads or buy it as download on Amazon Video, Google Play Movies, Sky Store, Apple TV, Microsoft Store.

It's also streaming on Peacock in the US, but it might work with a VPN.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Absolutely horrifying to read about the terror attack at the concert hall in Moscow. :( Thinking of our Russian fans.

Agreed!!!! This is not the first significant act of violence (multiple dead and injured) at a concert, although it is the largest and the first one by an outside state terrorist group. (Well, they’re not “state” in the literal sense—but official, not freelance). With each one I have become more and more concerned for the future.

Edited by QueenBigFat