Say Something Random pt. 29 ~ Because why not

1 minute ago, goose said:

Just been gifted a 'new concert bag' from my sister🤣 it's actually a percy pig Easter egg kit (chocolate eggs have been eaten already)

20240106_164509.jpg

Oh that's so cute! 🐷 ❤ 

Gonna have to get myself to M&S now! 😁

• Haha 2

I was looking at the M&S website and they do a Percy Pig desk lamp! I may walk out of there with quite a bit of piggy merch! :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

I just saw a segment on a TV show about lgbtetc food creators…The woman is a baker whose company is called Cakes for No Occasion. She loves chaos and color and breaking rules. I so wish there would be a way to get one of her cakes to Mika. I am sure they cannot leave NYC except  by human carrier. She has a website and is on instagram with her company name. Here, look at this. Doesn’t it scream Mika???!?? (This image is ot as clear a representation as the tv segment but there are lots of others on the sites)

IMG_1087.thumb.jpeg.9e51c710a148dc6f4160e1d5bfe1ef42.jpeg

• Like 2

Oh, I know.

So maybe the next time he is near New York City someone might consider looking into this woman’s creations.🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

I thought about making a new thread called "Google translated Mika" but I'm not sure if there's enough content to fill an entire thread so I'm just gonna share these here.

These are just translated bits of Mika interviews (originally in French) that I've come across and made me laugh.

image.thumb.jpeg.aaa4d5a6b704bbb6b066254b3c39ec2a.jpeg

"the most Frenchy of the British" Why is this such an accurate description of him?!

a54c3e15-4c50-41d5-bc8d-42eb07429bed.thumb.JPG.892518bb9f0d887b2224b26d511d9c01.JPG

"cute sins" and "searching the bins" :D

image.thumb.jpeg.6cb6b5f213bef7d2a617d42d6200ed81.jpeg

And last but not least this bit that @sarinaa sent me today along with a voice message of her laughing hysterically that made my evening <3

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

I thought about making a new thread called "Google translated Mika" but I'm not sure if there's enough content to fill an entire thread so I'm just gonna share these here.

These are just translated bits of Mika interviews (originally in French) that I've come across and made me laugh.

image.thumb.jpeg.aaa4d5a6b704bbb6b066254b3c39ec2a.jpeg

"the most Frenchy of the British" Why is this such an accurate description of him?!

a54c3e15-4c50-41d5-bc8d-42eb07429bed.thumb.JPG.892518bb9f0d887b2224b26d511d9c01.JPG

"cute sins" and "searching the bins" :D

image.thumb.jpeg.6cb6b5f213bef7d2a617d42d6200ed81.jpeg

And last but not least this bit that @sarinaa sent me today along with a voice message of her laughing hysterically that made my evening <3

Please, this needs to be a thing 😂😂 "Some people today find the singer […] rotten" I MEAN WHAT HAHAHAHAHAHA!! And imagining him sailing from Miami to London sends me 😭😂

"The most Frenchy of the British" should be his trademark slogan lmao!!

• Haha 6

Hey, Mikapeople, here’s a question:

This link takes you to a recent commercial for a US insurance co. Every time I hear the piano in the beginning my brain says —wait! That sounds like they stole it from Mikamusic!!! And it haunted me until yesterday when it came to me: the intro to Last Party! What do you think? https://youtu.be/BlLwiuXNU_E

Instagram weirdness, I got notifications yesterday and today that Mika had shared pics, and when I check it's the post he made last month for the Christmas episode of The Piano! Keep it fresh, Insta... :doh:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

"cute sins" and "searching the bins

I've heard searching the bins before, it's the big compartments that all the albums are piled up in. Or the value bins where the cut price clearance cds etc are tossed in a big heap. Having a rummage is essential, you never find anything by the signage, it's all mixed up. 

Cute Sins - isn't that the NC? :lol3:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

Hey, Mikapeople, here’s a question:

This link takes you to a recent commercial for a US insurance co. Every time I hear the piano in the beginning my brain says —wait! That sounds like they stole it from Mikamusic!!! And it haunted me until yesterday when it came to me: the intro to Last Party! What do you think? https://youtu.be/BlLwiuXNU_E

Hahah definitely not the same but I absolutely see your point, it does sound very similar!

I guess that's a pretty standard chord progression / melody so it makes sense that a lot of pop songs or simple piano pieces would sound a bit like this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Hahah definitely not the same but I absolutely see your point, it does sound very similar!

I guess that's a pretty standard chord progression / melody so it makes sense that a lot of pop songs or simple piano pieces would sound a bit like this.

Drat. Here I thought I was being so smart!:damn:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Instagram weirdness, I got notifications yesterday and today that Mika had shared pics, and when I check it's the post he made last month for the Christmas episode of The Piano! Keep it fresh, Insta... :doh:

I had the same issue on twitter, got a notification for Mika yesterday but the actual post was from weeks ago! 🤨

2 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Jeese, Mods, I am willing to follow most of the rules but don't you think this is going too far???

IMG_0998.jpeg

Why? You thinking of hacking a sign any time soon so it can say something about Mika? :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Why? You thinking of hacking a sign any time soon so it can say something about Mika? :teehee:

But you know, if they can send to the Naughty List for speeding, what will the mods do next with all that power? Send us for public scratching? Putting our elbows on the table? Bringing our own food into the movie theater ?? Cutting steak with the grain? I mean, where does it end????   
Sad Baby GIF

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

But you know, if they can send to the Naughty List for speeding, what will the mods do next with all that power? Send us for public scratching? Putting our elbows on the table? Bringing our own food into the movie theater ?? Cutting steak with the grain? I mean, where does it end????   
Sad Baby GIF

You can be your naughtiest self away from MFC, so don't worry you are safe from the mods prying eyes! 👀 

Or are you? :glasses3:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Who guards the guards? :shocked:

I think that's Deb. :lol3:

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Sad Baby GIF

9 hours ago, Hero said:

Who guards the guards? :shocked:

I think that's Deb. :lol3:

8 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Well that begs the question who guards Deb and I really don't know because it definitely isn't Mika.

:admin:

:floor:

• Haha 6