La Suite - 7

Blind audition - 8

La Suite - 8

Episode - 9 : KO-1 (Team Jenifer )

La Suite - 9

Episode - 10 : KO-2 (Team MIKA )

La Suite - 10

Episode - 11 : KO-3 (Team Soprano )

the-voice-epreuve-ko-03-soprano-saison-08-7c9d0f-0@1_5x.thumb.jpg.0048ac1570ee4654e6443b31b7ca5493.jpg

La Suite - 11

the-voice-suite-the-voice-2019-suite-epreuves-ko-03-soprano-saison-08-13b186-0@1_5x.thumb.jpg.56d867f3be85383521049b0d07d68c91.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been eager to watch this episode (Soprano's KO) since seeing the teaser at the end of "La suite" from last week, when Mika exclaims, "Oh mince!" and slaps the red button. 

For the people wondering what "mince" means, here's an explanation: https://www.thelocal.fr/20180928/french-word-of-the-day-mince

Since not everyone has seen the episode yet, I won't get specific yet, but I will say that his decision to keep Loko for the battles may seem less peculiar after one hears him talk about how much he likes "quirky" voices. (Something I was already aware of, given some of his other choices over the years -- for example, Audrey. I know she had her fans, but her voice was like the female equivalent of Mano's to me -- and while I loved Mano's look and the reactions to him during his blind audition, good grief that take on "Beds are Burning" was awful.)

I'm sad that my favorite performer on Soprano's team didn't get past this round, but objectively speaking I actually agree with the coaches -- in both their blind and KO performances some notes weren't quite on pitch, and the vocal technique not solid enough to carry them to the finals. Which just goes to show that performing and connecting involve more than just how a performer sounds. 

I'm not sure how I feel about the Zone Rouge -- it definitely adds to the drama, but man, it's hard to watch the people who get put there trying to stay positive as other people get chosen and their chances dwindle. Though it's also lovely to see some of them reacting enthusiastically/graciously to good performances by their rivals (Ana Carla on Jenifer's team had some of the best faces), and I have admit I laughed out loud at Agathe and Heather watching Coco. 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

For folks who might be interested in "Nathan" (performed by a member of Soprano's team),  I posted an English version to Lyrics Translate after watching the clip:

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/nathan-nathan.html-0

Many thanks to the translators here for all your hard work! My listening comprehension is not too hot, so your help definitely adds to my enjoyment! 

• Like 3

And the best funny moment in Soprano's K.O. during debrief :roftl: Late at night after several hours of recording.

Tired Mika starts laughing till his tears :mfr_lol:

They start talking about VAY's performance. 

When Mika sees VAY on a big screen he says to Soprano: He walks like my grandma. He makes small steps.

Soprano at the begining confirms Mika's remark: Yes, he is running, he is trying to find his place.

Julien comments about VAY's particular voice and that he can sing any sort of music.

Nikos talks about VAY's history, that he is a self-educated, never took singing lessons ect.

Soprano: He made me laugh when I congratulated him (and here Mika is smiling wider and wider). He said to me:" It's crazy. I sing in my kitchen. I sing for me. I've never been on stage before". (Soprano feels that something is happening but still tries to express himself)

Julien to Mika: What makes you laugh?

Soprano watching at Mika's face: He has tears in his eyes! He is crying!

Mika: I've been watching this excerpt - it's like he was looking for something! And I don't know....

Nikos: Like he lost something on the stage. 

Mika: Is't it funny?

Soprano: We lost Mika!!!!

Nikos: When Mika is tired he falls into a nervous laghing and it can take till 5 o'clock in the morning.

:roftl: :king: :mfr_lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 3

Another thing I like about this episode is how it shows two kinds of steals -- the kind where the original coach is thrilled that a contestant they can't keep is being saved by another coach (it reminds me of Zazie's delight when Mika buzzed for Casanova last season), and then the kind that had Soprano shouting "Non! Non! Non non! Non nooon! Non noooooooon!" and the contestant getting to say "C'est le jeu, c'est le jeu" (it's the game, it's the game) to him. (I looooooove how expressive Soprano is. His "Magnifique! O magnifique!" when Julien blocked Mika made the whole thing funnier. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And the best funny moment in Soprano's K.O. during debrief :roftl: Late at night after several hours of recording.

Mika fourire KO Sopra.avi

Tired Mika starts laughing till his tears :mfr_lol:

They start talking about VAY's performance. 

When Mika sees VAY on a big screen he says to Soprano: He walks like my grandma. He makes small steps.

Soprano at the begining confirms Mika's remark: Yes, he is running, he is trying to find his place.

Julien comments about VAY's particular voice and that he can sing any sort of music.

Nikos talks about VAY's history, that he is a self-educated, never took singing lessons ect.

Soprano: He made me laugh when I congratulated him (and here Mika is smiling wider and wider). He said to me:" It's crazy. I sing in my kitchen. I sing for me. I've never been on stage before". (Soprano feels that something is happening but still tries to express himself)

Julien to Mika: What makes you laugh?

Soprano watching at Mika's face: He has tears in his eyes! He is crying!

Mika: I've been watching this excerpt - it's like he was looking for something! And I don't know....

Nikos: Like he lost something on the stage. 

Mika: Is't it funny?

Soprano: We lost Mika!!!!

Nikos: When Mika is tired he falls into a nervous laghing and it can take till 5 o'clock in the morning.

:roftl: :king: :mfr_lol:

It's the MP4 file of that moment.:lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, endless_eight said:

I'm finally done with the subtitles for the auditions! Mika's KO is coming next :wink2:

08 - 01 - The Voice 2019 - Auditions à l'aveugle 8 (Saison 08) - MP4 - www.mikawebsite.com.srt

:flowers2:

@endless_eight Thanks a million for your hard works !

:Update:

adding the srt.file to the 1st post. :thumb_yello:

the-voice-season-8-france-2019

:wub2: can't wait for the subs of Team Mika's KO !!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, endless_eight said:

I'm finally done with the subtitles for the auditions! Mika's KO is coming next :wink2:

08 - 01 - The Voice 2019 - Auditions à l'aveugle 8 (Saison 08) - MP4 - www.mikawebsite.com.srt

Just want to say thank you so much!!! I really enjoyed finally being able to understand the whole Sara story. So nice of you to make the content accessible for non-french speakers! 

Can't wait for Mika's KO subs, I have to restrain myself from watching now and only understanding half of what they're saying😄 Eagerly awaiting your wonderful work ❤️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Just want to say thank you so much!!! I really enjoyed finally being able to understand the whole Sara story. So nice of you to make the content accessible for non-french speakers! 

Can't wait for Mika's KO subs, I have to restrain myself from watching now and only understanding half of what they're saying😄 Eagerly awaiting your wonderful work ❤️

Hello @Just_Me I see you joined to this forum 2 weeks ago. Welcome!  :welcomeani:   If you like, you could post an introduction in this thread:https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/5-introductions/ and tell us more about you and how you discovered Mika and morefans will be able to welcome you. :wink2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

REPLAY

Blind audition - 1

La Suite -1

Blind audition - 2

La Suite -2

Blind audition - 3

La Suite -3

Blind audition - 4

La Suite - 4

Blind audition - 5

La Suite - 5

Blind audition - 6

La Suite - 6

Blind audition - 7

La Suite - 7

Blind audition - 8

La Suite - 8

Episode - 9 : KO-1 (Team Jenifer )

La Suite - 9

Episode - 10 : KO-2 (Team MIKA )

La Suite - 10

Episode - 11 : KO-3 (Team Soprano )

La Suite - 11

Episode - 12 : KO-4 (Team Julien Clerc )

the-voice-epreuve-ko-04-julien-clerc-saison-08-0bcf1f-0@1_5x.thumb.jpg.004ea72bafd60f647737b8d39c2406ae.jpg

La Suite - 12

the-voice-suite-suite-epreuves-ko-04-julien-clerc-saison-08-d79811-0@1_5x.thumb.jpg.7a6684937a43871b9d585f287232e8d0.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

The block button certainly led to some entertaining moments, but it's interesting that none of the talents it was used for were kept by their original coaches, or claimed by the people doing the blocking. One wonders how much coachability factors into the coaches' decisions. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how Mika fares with Virginie (the one who sang a Pink song in her blind audition), now that she's on his team after all.

• Like 1

We know now all teams for the battles.

This time talents will sing in duets. The best one will go to the next stage: live performance. The second one will finish his/her adventure in The Voice.

But if the coach finds that both talents were really good, he can keep both.

In this case he has to eliminate both talents from another duet... or... he can decide to create teams wich will be considered as ONE candidate.

All in all from 8 talents there will stay only 4 (as persons or teams).

158084336_TeamJeniferbattles.thumb.JPG.efd5cf88a0632f605e74e375e7ee1d30.JPG

1432878462_TeamJulienbattles.thumb.JPG.872fa8d09fcb9ef869fffb1a588831b4.JPG

147586171_TeamSopranobattle.thumb.JPG.2375061db39e2e4377aadec02ed69cc6.JPG

1738029768_TeamMikabattle.thumb.JPG.2365a955485ad37eca3fbac34ac63bad.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

We know now all teams for the battles.

This time talents will sing in duets. The best one will go to the next stage: live performance. The second one will finish his/her adventure in The Voice.

But if the coach finds that both talents were really good, he can keep both.

In this case he has to eliminate both talents from another duet... or... he can decide to create teams wich will be considered as ONE candidate.

All in all from 8 talents there will stay only 4 (as persons or teams).

Sounds like it is all getting very complicated :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Teaser

Samedi prochain, place aux Battles !

Après les auditions à l'aveugle puis la difficile épreuve des « K.O. », la nouvelle étape totalement imprévisible pour les talents mais surtout pour les 4 coachs, place aux célèbres Battles !

Les 8 talents de chaque équipe vont s’affronter dans des Battles nouvelle version !

Cette année, la règle des Battles est simple, il n’y a pas de règle !

Lors de chaque Battle, les coachs peuvent garder un seul talent mais ils ont la possibilité désormais de garder les deux talents ou de n’en garder aucun ! Le seul impératif pour les Coachs est de constituer la meilleure équipe de 4 talents pour les Grands Shows en direct. Pour cette dernière ligne droite avant les Lives, place à des Battles très fortes en émotions qui promettent beaucoup de surprises à la fois pour les coachs, les talents et les téléspectateurs. Voir l’extrait du REPLAY des épreuves des KO 4 du 27 avril 2019.

Next Saturday, up to Battles!

After the blind auditions and the hard test of the "K.O.", the new stage completely unpredictable for talent but especially for the 4 coaches, instead of the famous Battles!

The 8 talents of each team will compete in Battles new version!

This year, the Battles rule is simple, there is no rule!

At each Battle, coaches can keep a single talent but they can now keep both talents or keep none! The only requirement for coaches is to be the best 4-talent team for live Grand Shows. For this last straight before the Lives, place Battles very strong emotions that promise a lot of surprises for both coaches, talents and viewers. See the REPLAY excerpt of the KO 4 events of April 27, 2019.

MP4 ( HD 720p / 23.6MB )

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Teaser

Les Battles, c'est samedi ! Cette saison 8, la règle est simple : il n’y a pas de règle !

Samedi soyez prêts pour les premières Battles de la saison 8.
Vous pensiez tout connaître de cette étape, vous allez être surpris !
Cette année, la règle est simple : il n’y a pas de règle ! On entre dans une nouvelle étape de la compétition de The Voice 8 : les battles. Cette nouvelle phase de la saison donnera le ticket pour l’accès aux grands show en DIRECT.
Chaque coach a 8 talents et va faire 4 battles de 2 personnes. Préparez-vous à 2 soirées exceptionnelles.

Les Talents n’ont plus le choix, ce soir il faut être le meilleur. Cette année les coachs auront la possibilité de bousculer les règles !

Aux précédentes saisons, lors des Battles, les coachs disaient oui ou non.

Cette année, les coachs peuvent dire oui aux 2 Talents !

Pour les coachs, un seul impératif, avoir une équipe de 4 Talents sur les Directs !

Ça promet beaucoup de surprises pour les coachs, pour le public et pour les Talents.

The Battles is Saturday! This season 8, the rule is simple: there is no rule!

Saturday be ready for the first Battles of Season 8.
You thought you knew everything about this step, you will be surprised!
This year, the rule is simple: there is no rule! We enter a new stage of the competition of The Voice 8: the battles. This new phase of the season will give the ticket for the access to the big DIRECT show.
Each coach has 8 talents and will do 4 battles of 2 people. Get ready for 2 special evenings.

Talents have no choice, tonight you have to be the best.

This year coaches will have the opportunity to shake the rules!

In previous seasons, during the Battles, the coaches said yes or no. This year, coaches can say yes to the 2 Talents!

For the coaches, one imperative, to have a team of 4 Talents on Direct!

It promises a lot of surprises for the coaches, for the public and for the Talents.

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a video file
  • Like 3