2020 - Mika @ Zenith Strasbourg, FRANCE, 14 Feb

mellody

On 1/25/2020 at 1:22 PM, silver said:

That's a long time between gigs!  Are you in Europe then?

yeah... but I never went to a gig. When Mika went to Brazil I was under age for the festival he played... and yeeees !!! I'm living in Limoges now, I came here to continues my studies.

:)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mellody said:

:lol: Would be happy to see you there! :biggrin2:

ME TOOOOOO !!!
after all these years !!!
the muppets dancing GIF

23 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

There is a fan from Brazil living in Switzerland. She will come to Strasbourg concert too.

coooool !!
🥰

• Like 2

Hello! I will be seeing Mika in Strasbourg too! 😄 I was at the shows in Nantes and Bercy as well but I just found this forum! I didn't know there were already so many fan actions planned for this show but I have prepared one as well! 🙈 I have about 150 multicolored heart-shaped balloons that I originally planned for Origin of Love but I guess since there's already paper flowers for that song we could use the balloons at the end of Happy Ending during the "little bit of love" bit? What do you think? 😊

54 minutes ago, Luciesnotinspired said:

Hello! I will be seeing Mika in Strasbourg too! 😄 I was at the shows in Nantes and Bercy as well but I just found this forum! I didn't know there were already so many fan actions planned for this show but I have prepared one as well! 🙈 I have about 150 multicolored heart-shaped balloons that I originally planned for Origin of Love but I guess since there's already paper flowers for that song we could use the balloons at the end of Happy Ending during the "little bit of love" bit? What do you think? 😊

Hello,

Well, I dont want to decide if any other actions will take place or not. Heart-shaped balloons were used recently during several concerts.

And I don't know if using them at Happy Ending is the best idea because when Mika sings a capella at the end it is hard to keep people quiet. If the audience plays with balloons it can be even harder for Mika.

Well, I can see as the concert date approches more and more fans want to make fan actions. (Don't forget about Alias Production rules - not to exaggerate with items brought to the venue)

For this last concert in Strasbourg I've received information about many different ideas. And I want to say that the more props we will have the harder will be for people to follow. 

I am affraid that we will finish in a big mess instead of concentrating on the show.

We agreed with other groups on some fan actions which are similar and will not provoke to much chaos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luciesnotinspired said:

18 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hello,

Well, I dont want to decide if any other actions will take place or not. Heart-shaped balloons were used recently during several concerts.

And I don't know if using them at Happy Ending is the best idea because when Mika sings a capella at the end it is hard to keep people quiet. If the audience plays with balloons it can be even harder for Mika.

Well, I can see as the concert date approches more and more fans want to make fan actions. (Don't forget about Alias Production rules - not to exaggerate with items brought to the venue)

For this last concert in Strasbourg I've received information about many different ideas. And I want to say that the more props we will have the harder will be for people to follow. 

I am affraid that we will finish in a big mess instead of concentrating on the show.

We agreed with other groups on some fan actions which are similar and will not provoke to much chaos.

The hearts ballons were already used for "Happy ending" in Luxembourg a few days ago 

Mika loved them but it's maybe a little bit too early to have the same fan action again?

@Anna Ko Kolkowska maybe you should invite @Luciesnotinspired to discuss with you and the other groups to see how she can insert her idea without creating too much mess and not too many fan actions as well ?

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2

@Anna Ko Kolkowska @carafon I don't think balloons would be an issue with the production team since I don't have many of them and the show in itself already has balloons anyway 😊 I might be too optimistic but I think people standing close to the stage are generally quite good at managing several fan actions since we're used to doing them at almost every show!  

Maybe for Love Today then? Since everything gets messy at the end of the show anyway! I just think it would be a shame not to have heart-shaped balloons on Valentine's Day of all days! 😆

29 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Well, I can see as the concert date approches more and more fans want to make fan actions.

29 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I totally agree with you, lately it seems like a contest among fans of who and where are doing more and more fanactions, forgetting that in fact the main reason of being there it is to enjoy the show :dunno:  We should remember that "less is more" and just focus on one or two actions well prepared to get a satisfying result and not a messy one, imo :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, krysady said:

I totally agree with you, lately it seems like a contest among fans of who and where are doing more and more fanactions, forgetting that in fact the main reason of being there it is to enjoy the show 

Now we even have Max Fan Club wanting to make fan actions by their own. Actually we will make one together at the end of the show (at least we agreed on this).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Now we even have Max Fan Club wanting to make fan actions by their own.

:lmfao:  :doh:    

15 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Actually we will make one together at the end of the show

Good luck  :thumb_yello:

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

But we will have colour paper hearts anyway. And some printed sheets with St Valentine messages.

The more the merrier! Valentine's day is the perfect day to have as many hearts as possible ❤️ maybe we could have several projects on one song if it's too difficult for people to remember which song each project is for? (not on Tiny Love of course, paper hearts are perfect for that!) I really wanna make this work!

I'm really sorry, I hate feeling like I'm being pushy but we planned the balloon thing with a friend a long time ago (we wanted to do something special because my birthday is on February 11 so the show will kind of be like my birthday party 🙈) and we didn't expect people to have so many things planned for this specific show! If we had known fan actions were planned here I would have posted something earlier! I'm just trying not to clash with anything that that has already been planned 😊

Apparently it's an unpopular opinion but I personally love when there are loads of fan actions, they're a lot of fun to do and they make great memories! 😄

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Now we even have Max Fan Club wanting to make fan actions by their own. Actually we will make one together at the end of the show (at least we agreed on this).

But we will have colour paper hearts anyway. And some printed sheets with St Valentine messages.

16 minutes ago, Luciesnotinspired said:

The more the merrier! Valentine's day is the perfect day to have as many hearts as possible ❤️ maybe we could have several projects on one song if it's too difficult for people to remember which song each project is for? (not on Tiny Love of course, paper hearts are perfect for that!) I really wanna make this work!

I'm really sorry, I hate feeling like I'm being pushy but we planned the balloon thing with a friend a long time ago (we wanted to do something special because my birthday is on February 11 so the show will kind of be like my birthday party 🙈) and we didn't expect people to have so many things planned for this specific show! If we had known fan actions were planned here I would have posted something earlier! I'm just trying not to clash with anything that that has already been planned 😊

Apparently it's an unpopular opinion but I personally love when there are loads of fan actions, they're a lot of fun to do and they make great memories! 😄

Why not joining the "united action" at the end ?

14 minutes ago, Luciesnotinspired said:

maybe we could have several projects on one song if it's too difficult for people to remember which song each project is for? (not on Tiny Love of course, paper hearts are perfect for that!) I really wanna make this work!

I don't think it's a good idea to make several actions on one song because it can spoil the effect prepared by fans. The point is not to DO the action just to do it but to make it in a thoughtful way.

I am checking the setlist - and if you want to use balloons maybe - as you suggested - Love Today suits the best.

I don't think it's a good idea to make several actions on one song because it can spoil the effect prepared by fans. The point is not to DO the action just to do it but to make it in a thoughtful way.

I am checking the setlist - and if you want to use balloons maybe - as you suggested - Love Today suits the best.

Yes, of course fan actions are meant to look pretty and be coherent with the song 😊 I was just saying that if there were other tiny projects (such as different kinds of hearts – balloons, glow sticks, paper hearts, etc.)  doing them at the same time could look cool because they're kind of similar and they would create a sort of "intentional mess" ! 😊 But Love Today would be great if nothing else is planned there yet! 

As we kindda give up the discussion after the "Alias gate" , @Anna Ko Kolkowska could you make a brief summary of the fan actions that are finaly planed ?

Just want to add that I lately went to Niort , probably the best gig I had so far for this tour even if there was no fan action at all

People were dansing and singing like hell and Mika loved it so much that he thanks many times the audience for it's generosity and enthousiasm

So having a great gig is not all about FA and we also have to see this from the point of "normal" crowd 

Imo if there are too many "rules" to follow it may be a bit boring for them

• Like 3

I think it doesn't make sense to discuss much about the pros and cons of fanactions that are already planned and prepared. Yes, for Strasbourg we have a lot, and I don't think one thing more or less makes a difference now. But it certainly makes sense to discuss fanactions in general for future gigs - maybe we can do that in the "rules for fanactions" thread? And yes, Anna, if you could give a summary about the Strasbourg fanactions, it'd be fab. :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carafon said:

As we kindda give up the discussion after the "Alias gate" , @Anna Ko Kolkowska could you make a brief summary of the fan actions that are finaly planed ?

Just want to add that I lately went to Niort , probably the best gig I had so far for this tour even if there was no fan action at all

People were dansing and singing like hell and Mika loved it so much that he thanks many times the audience for it's generosity and enthousiasm

So having a great gig is not all about FA and we also have to see this from the point of "normal" crowd 

Imo if there are too many "rules" to follow it may be a bit boring for them

58 minutes ago, mellody said:

I think it doesn't make sense to discuss much about the pros and cons of fanactions that are already planned and prepared. Yes, for Strasbourg we have a lot, and I don't think one thing more or less makes a difference now. But it certainly makes sense to discuss fanactions in general for future gigs - maybe we can do that in the "rules for fanactions" thread? And yes, Anna, if you could give a summary about the Strasbourg fanactions, it'd be fab. :thumb_yello:

I prepared a little list today to have a whole picture of what will happen in Strasbourg.

Yes, it's true it will be much more than usual but it will be a special concert too (the last one in Europe and at St Valentine's day).

I agree with Joelle that it's not the fan action creates the atmosphere of the concert. But I like when fans are active and it gives this litte thing for people present in a venue.

So what we have. All this will happen on the parterre level only.

1. After the first song we will show printed sheets with St Valenite's greeting (groupe fan action organized by my group and @MorganM team)

2. Paper flowers at Origin of Love ((group fan action organized by my group and @MorganM team)

3. Colour paper hearts lighted by our mobiles at Tiny Love (as we did in London)

4. Heart-shaped balloons at Love Today (organized by @Luciesnotinspired )

5. "Thank You" printed in different languaues on back side of paper sheets from the first action - After Grace Kelly before Stay High  (organized by my group,  @MorganM team and Max Fan Club)

We take in consideration that after the show we may have to collect papers from the floor.

NOTE: During the distribution please inform people to keep the props with them and not to throw them on the floor.

I think it is a good thing to stress this issue to people - leave the place clean!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 4

@Anna Ko Kolkowska Uh, that sounds really specialGlad that I’ll be there.

I like these FAs as well because I think that we can show our interest on the show and to say thank you. For me it’s just to say Thank you to him. I can’t express that everyday so these FAs are actually a really good Intension. He’s a really special person with a special personality. He don’t give a f** about his fans. He cares and that’s my way to thank him. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for summing it all up @Anna Ko Kolkowska ! I've never seen this many fan actions for a single show before, I'm really excited to see how it turns out! 😊

I totally share your point of view @EzPz_german_squeezy ! A while ago Mika said that he only did half of the job and that the other half of the show was in our hands, and I think fan actions are great way of showing how happy we are to be there! 😄

• Like 2

22 hours ago, krysady said:

I totally agree with you, lately it seems like a contest among fans of who and where are doing more and more fanactions, forgetting that in fact the main reason of being there it is to enjoy the show :dunno:  We should remember that "less is more" and just focus on one or two actions well prepared to get a satisfying result and not a messy one, imo :)

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

1. After the first song we will show printed sheets with St Valenite's greeting (groupe fan action organized by my group and @MorganM team)

2. Paper flowers at Origin of Love ((group fan action organized by my group and @MorganM team)

3. Colour paper hearts lighted by our mobiles at Tiny Love (as we did in London)

4. Heart-shaped balloons at Love Today (organized by @Luciesnotinspired )

5. "Thank You" printed in different languaues on back side of paper sheets from the first action - After Grace Kelly before Stay High  (organized by my group,  @MorganM team and Max Fan Club)

Whatever the choice of song would be , (end of first or Love today ) may I suggest to have the heart balloons as support for the Valentine messages ? I think it could have a lovely visual effect .

Same for the flowers and thank you messages , as when you want to thank somebody it's usual to offer flowers (or chocolates but Don't want to create another action idea ….. :naughty: ) ?

We'd use all the items and reduce the actions to 3 then ….

Tbh ,if it would be for another artist I'd NEVER follow 5 different instructions for fan actions so I'm not sure that the "regular" audience will join us if they have too many things to think about

Just my 2 cents about it of course…..:wink2:

• Like 2