Big Software Update Notice!

dcdeb

10 hours ago, Prisca said:

Thanks Cristina, so it seams that I'm not the only one. :original:

And this happens both on my phone and my laptop... but I thought that maybe it was made on purpose because there where many duplicate emojis, from what I remember :dunno_grin:

26 minutes ago, krysady said:

And this happens both on my phone and my laptop... but I thought that maybe it was made on purpose because there where many duplicate emojis, from what I remember :dunno_grin:

That's right, we just removed all the duplicates, and the Twitter emojis because it seems they were the reason why the emoji popup slowed down or crashed the site for some people. Some of our old emojis also got lost accidentally in that process, but we tried to restore them all. If you're still missing any in particular, please let us know.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 7:54 PM, Prisca said:

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all fine.  :original:

It's not that important but does everybody have all smileys back by now? I still just have the Emoticons2 and the Recently Used ones. :dunno_grin:

4 hours ago, mellody said:

That's right, we just removed all the duplicates, and the Twitter emojis because it seems they were the reason why the emoji popup slowed down or crashed the site for some people. Some of our old emojis also got lost accidentally in that process, but we tried to restore them all. If you're still missing any in particular, please let us know.

To confirm what @mellody says here -- the list of Emoticons2 are all the old emoticons we used to have and that should be the only list you see. We deleted all the duplicates, and consolidated everything into one list. It took us a few weeks, but we thought we had recovered any emoticons that were lost, and we even added a few more new ones. I disabled the Twitter-style emojis as mellody says, because they did seem to be causing some issues. Hope that clears things up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you@mellodyand @dcdebfor the explications. It just my caught my attention because people are using smileys that I don't have, also new members that I don't think that they did the effort to copy them from somewhere else. I don't have almost no static yellow smileys or e.g. food or drink smileys, is that normal? The new ones I have and I like them a lot. :yes:

Just to be sure, I put here all smileys that I can select from. Can you tell me, if these are all smileys that I should have? Thank you. :original:

grafik.png.4f9a208ed9e85bd0211f8185b8d0772b.png

grafik.png.9b89d79ac10ee37835dacf468665599a.png 

grafik.png

grafik.png.feebb32577c9c1ef4d8d9f132a5f2203.png

grafik.png.e1a19453e595d072fbad3f65b0d891ff.png

grafik.png.fb09ee2f3dca9a709d27b73ec7b23dda.png

That's it. :original:

Edited by Prisca

I seem to be having an occasional problem, by which I mean it only happens every so often not all the time. Sometimes when I log in I'll have no new notifications, but then when I go to a thread I follow there'll be new replies in that thread and I've completely missed them because of not getting the notification! This has happened with quite a few threads I follow. I've double checked my notification settings but nothing has changed. Has this affected anyone else? 

Like I said it's only occasionally but it's still annoying!

19 hours ago, Prisca said:

Thank you@mellodyand @dcdebfor the explications. It just my caught my attention because people are using smileys that I don't have, also new members that I don't think that they did the effort to copy them from somewhere else. I don't have almost no static yellow smileys or e.g. food or drink smileys, is that normal?

When I use those other smileys, I post them from my phone keyboard, for example: 😁🐊🍗

@TinyLove_CJ Something I noticed is that when I open the notifications once, they all get marked as read, so after clicking on one of them, I can't see which others are new. Do you see the missing notifications in the list at all?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mellody said:

Something I noticed is that when I open the notifications once, they all get marked as read,

I noticed this too! 

Missed notifications don't appear in the list, I think the next time it happens I'll have to take a screen shot, for now I guess I'll just have to keep checking as and when I log in.

• Like 1

Logged in just a few minutes ago and it's happened! 

As you can see in the picture below the notification in bold is my only new notification. _20201115_091629.thumb.JPG.8c78ad3b4d6ca78bc4031fd64ed414c0.JPG

But then I noticed a reply to the Mika Instagram, Facebook, Twitter thread so I thought I'd check it out. If you look at the time on my phone in the screen shot (top right) it's only a minute later and in the thread you can see it says 'Unread Replies'.

_20201115_091655.thumb.JPG.fdc403a5dc3847e60d9dd66eab462087.JPG_20201115_091714.thumb.JPG.06cd75892a43348041e75e9469a3d163.JPG

Not sure what's causing this to happen. :dunno_grin:

On 11/14/2020 at 7:08 PM, mellody said:

When I use those other smileys, I post them from my phone keyboard, for example: 😁🐊🍗

I see, I guess it's high time that I start using the MFC forum also with my mobile phone and not only my laptop, thanks. :original:

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2020 at 3:58 PM, dcdeb said:

I mentioned this in the chat, but I'll say it here, too -- I discovered tons of new emoticons while restoring our missing ones. Anything you'd like an emoticon for, that I should add?

The post is old but if the message is still valid, a thinking smiley and a finger crossed smiley would be great. :original:

On 11/15/2020 at 4:22 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Logged in just a few minutes ago and it's happened! 

As you can see in the picture below the notification in bold is my only new notification. _20201115_091629.thumb.JPG.8c78ad3b4d6ca78bc4031fd64ed414c0.JPG

But then I noticed a reply to the Mika Instagram, Facebook, Twitter thread so I thought I'd check it out. If you look at the time on my phone in the screen shot (top right) it's only a minute later and in the thread you can see it says 'Unread Replies'.

_20201115_091655.thumb.JPG.fdc403a5dc3847e60d9dd66eab462087.JPG_20201115_091714.thumb.JPG.06cd75892a43348041e75e9469a3d163.JPG

Not sure what's causing this to happen. :dunno_grin:

So sorry I never saw this, CJ. I'll take a look and let Tech Support know, if it's still happening.

32 minutes ago, Prisca said:

The post is old but if the message is still valid, a thinking smiley and a finger crossed smiley would be great. :original:

We do have a fingers crossed smiley :crossed:  But I'll look for a better one.

And I'll try to find a thinking one. I thought we had one, but I don't see it now. Thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

We do have a fingers crossed smiley :crossed:  But I'll look for a better one.

And I'll try to find a thinking one. I thought we had one, but I don't see it now. Thanks!

Thank you Deb. :flowers2:

3 hours ago, dcdeb said:

So sorry I never saw this, CJ. I'll take a look and let Tech Support know, if it's still happening

Thanks 😊 

I didn't realise it's been over a month since I last mentioned this and I think it's only happened twice during that time.