Big Software Update Notice!

dcdeb

On 8/24/2020 at 1:26 AM, Starlight said:

Since I logged in a few minutes ago I get this quite often while I'm here when I try to go to one of the threads

Screenshot_2020-08-24-07-19-27.png

Yes, I just got that message as well. I'll report that to Tech Support. Not sure what is going on. Thanks!

• Thanks 2

On 8/24/2020 at 5:55 PM, Irem Aytepe said:

i hope this is not the latest version of the mfc, this isn't user friendly that much. idk... im sorry :sad:

No worries, we're working on it. The desktop website seems ok for me, but the mobile site definitely needs a lot of improvements.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Irem Aytepe said:

there is no problem on the site, just i didn't like the design much. It's so complicated

Can you be a little more specific? What bothers you the most? We're tweaking lots of things right now, so the more info you can give us, the more we can try to incorporate your ideas or needs into what we're doing. We appreciate the input! Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Can you be a little more specific? What bothers you the most? We're tweaking lots of things right now, so the more info you can give us, the more we can try to incorporate your ideas or needs into what we're doing. We appreciate the input! Thanks!

In past, my nickname, notification button and message button was in the right. Now they went to left and it seems so simple and bad. I'm sorry. They still can be stay in right too, there is empty place for that. All stuff together and it doesn't seem so good.

Also when I write something on any thread, everything stays left side and the right side stays so empty. I know there is something on the left top but when we go down it seems little bit bad. I hope i could explain.

Also the logo stays in left to. It can be in middle.

I'm sorryyyyyyyy 

Ok guys we've put together a new MFC theme now, which has a new layout and new colours. You can choose it now at the bottom of the page, just click on "Theme" and pick "MFC 2020". Please let us know what you think, and whether it works better for you than the old version after the update. We might still change a few colours here and there, and we can try to make adjustments based on your suggestions, before we set it as default for everyone..

We tried to stay as much as possible with the Default layout of Invision, to avoid getting more problems with the next big update - so while for example I'd have loved the search bar to be on the right, as I'm used to it, I can't find a way to change that without editing the website code, which, as we see with the old theme, can cause massive problems with a major update. That's why we won't change certain things. For most of the colours and some of the layout there are easily accessible settings though, so please don't hesitate to let us know if anything is causing problems for you or doesn't look quite right. Thanks. :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mellody said:

We might still change a few colours here and there

Can you make the grey of the font for the "Unread content" and the rest of all a little bit more darker? It's difficult to read it, imo

55 minutes ago, silver said:

Love the background, but I find the font hard to read.  It looks grey to me and quite faint against some of the colours

50 minutes ago, krysady said:

Can you make the grey of the font for the "Unread content" and the rest of all a little bit more darker? It's difficult to read it, imo

I'm sure we can change that, just need to find the matching field in the settings. I'm off to bed now, can have a look at it tomorrow evening, unless @dcdeb is faster and finds the setting (I've quickly looked now, but the parameters I tried to change didn't help). ;)

• Like 2

Not really update related, even if....

What if I clicked on "mark site as read" intead as "mark topic as read" ? I can't seem to find the second one now and I didn't want to mark everything as read, I won't understand a single thing now :crybaby:

36 minutes ago, Siri said:

Not really update related, even if....

What if I clicked on "mark site as read" intead as "mark topic as read" ? I can't seem to find the second one now and I didn't want to mark everything as read, I won't understand a single thing now :crybaby:

Hmm. I'lll see if I can find out what happened to that.

• Thanks 1

On 27/8/2020 at 18:29, dcdeb said:

potresti essere un po 'più specifico? Cosa ti infastidisce di più? Stiamo modificando molte cose in questo momento, quindi più informazioni puoi fornirci, più possiamo provare a incorporare le tue idee o esigenze in ciò che stiamo facendo. Apprezziamo il contributo! Grazie!

Io non vedo più le notifiche in alto a destra, scusate se scrivo in italiano  ma so che questo programma fa la traduzione. Grazie! Ciao 🤗

OK, @Siri Let's see if I can answer your question. Take a look at the screenshot below.

Screenshot_2020-08-28 Mika News and Press.png

If you click on "Mark Site Read" in the upper right corner in my blue circle, then yes, you will mark the entire site as READ.

If you click on "Mark Forum Read" in the middle of the page in my red circle, you will only mark all the threads in that section (called a forum) as read. (In the case of this example, the forum is "Mika News and Press."

When you visit a thread (also called a topic), its title in the forum listing goes from bold to a lighter font to indicate that you have read in it.

If it's a fairly short thread, the system will assume that you've read the whole thing. But if it's longer, the system places a marker next to the thread in the forum listing, my green circle on the left side of the page.  If you click on one of those markers, you will be taken to where you left off reading in the thread.

Finally, if you look at the top right of the my image again, you'll see my purple circle. If you click on that, you will get a list of all the content (posts, etc.) that you haven't read. You can select the types of content you would like to see here.

I don't see any way for you to specifically mark an individual topic (thread) as entirely read.

Hope this helps.

41 minutes ago, 49neve said:

Io non vedo più le notifiche in alto a destra, scusate se scrivo in italiano  ma so che questo programma fa la traduzione. Grazie! Ciao 🤗

For now, you need to change the theme to fix this, see my previous post. We'll set it to default as soon as we've finished adjusting it, then everyone will get the new theme automatically.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

For now, you need to change the theme to fix this, see my previous post. We'll set it to default as soon as we've finished adjusting it, then everyone will get the new theme automatically.

And we will still have the choice to switch to the actual default theme? 

• Like 1

Just now, silver said:

I must admit I've switched back to MFC default from MFC 2020 as I'm still finding it hard to read the font

Me too, I wear reading glasses and the default version looks more clear and clean to me 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, silver said:

I must admit I've switched back to MFC default from MFC 2020 as I'm still finding it hard to read the font

The font is beautiful, but I agree we might have to switch it back to the old font, as that was better to read.

@krysady the Invision default theme will still be available. Not sure yet if we keep the old MFC theme available, as it's not useable in the mobile view anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

OK, @Siri Let's see if I can answer your question. Take a look at the screenshot below.

Screenshot_2020-08-28 Mika News and Press.png

If you click on "Mark Site Read" in the upper right corner in my blue circle, then yes, you will mark the entire site as READ.

If you click on "Mark Forum Read" in the middle of the page in my red circle, you will only mark all the threads in that section (called a forum) as read. (In the case of this example, the forum is "Mika News and Press."

When you visit a thread (also called a topic), its title in the forum listing goes from bold to a lighter font to indicate that you have read in it.

If it's a fairly short thread, the system will assume that you've read the whole thing. But if it's longer, the system places a marker next to the thread in the forum listing, my green circle on the left side of the page.  If you click on one of those markers, you will be taken to where you left off reading in the thread.

Finally, if you look at the top right of the my image again, you'll see my purple circle. If you click on that, you will get a list of all the content (posts, etc.) that you haven't read. You can select the types of content you would like to see here.

I don't see any way for you to specifically mark an individual topic (thread) as entirely read.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the recap! I used to mark topic such as the games one as read so that when I click on the unread content I immediately get what I've not read. Well, now I will never know again which old topics I have not read I guess (as I clicked on the wrong button) :sweatdrop: 
Thanks for the hard work with this update anyway :flowers2:

Edited by Siri
  • Like 1