Big Software Update Notice!

dcdeb

Just one day with the MFC 2020 theme and I'm used to it. I don't miss the old colors. The forum looks elegant. I love soft colors.:wub2:

Very successful. Congratulations! :thumb_yello:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, silver said:

I must admit I've switched back to MFC default from MFC 2020 as I'm still finding it hard to read the font

2 hours ago, krysady said:

Me too, I wear reading glasses and the default version looks more clear and clean to me 

Yes, unfortunately, as much as Karin and I liked the other font, is was proving too hard to read. So I've switched it back to our former font, called Roboto. Let me know what you think.

I've darkened the text as much as possible in most places, and while we still have a few things to tweak I think we're nearly there. Please continue to give feedback!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, silver said:

Now I've noticed that if I get a notification while I'm logged in, the notification at the bottom of the screen has dark text on a dark background

True. You can't see the name of the person who is sending  the notification. 

21 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Karin is on that. Might have to wait until Monday, but we're aware of the problem, and I seem unable to fix it! LOL

Ok this is a tricky one - the setting for this is called "light text" and usually it's a pale grey. The problem is, it's used for the notification popup text as well as for the text that we had set to black because it's better readable this way. :aah: I've turned it a dark grey now as a compromise, so this way I can read the notification as well as the text that indicates where I am on the site - but please everyone let me know how it is for you, can you read both of it now or is it worse for you this way because you can read neither well?

I've just set the new theme as default for everyone now. We tried to fix the problems that came up for those who have tested it already, but with everyone using it, I suppose more people might discover some more issues. Please let us know if you notice anything that's not working properly, isn't readable, etc. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I have just one remark concerning mobile version.

Very often my screen is freezing, which didn't happen before. So I have to leave the page and re-enter. 

Anybody has the same problem?

When I log in and check a new notification, it will take me right to the very bottom of the page, freeze for about 10 seconds (meaning I don't see the notification straight away), but then after that it does go back to normal. I've always assumed it's a problem with my phone rather than the website 🤔

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 10:05 PM, mellody said:

Ok this is a tricky one - the setting for this is called "light text" and usually it's a pale grey. The problem is, it's used for the notification popup text as well as for the text that we had set to black because it's better readable this way. :aah: I've turned it a dark grey now as a compromise, so this way I can read the notification as well as the text that indicates where I am on the site - but please everyone let me know how it is for you, can you read both of it now or is it worse for you this way because you can read neither well?

It's OK to read :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

I'm wondering if this symbol has anything to do with the site freezing for me 🤔

sketch-1598962623672.thumb.png.134cefb7869018a34ce1df36c7ea7d40.png

Occasionally get a message saying "This website isn't safe, are you sure you want to continue?", I have to go into advance options just to say yes 😕

It doesn't happen that often and isn't much of a problem really, just never noticed it before the big update.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I'm wondering if this symbol has anything to do with the site freezing for me 🤔

sketch-1598962623672.thumb.png.134cefb7869018a34ce1df36c7ea7d40.png

Occasionally get a message saying "This website isn't safe, are you sure you want to continue?", I have to go into advance options just to say yes 😕

It doesn't happen that often and isn't much of a problem really, just never noticed it before the big update.

Hmm, we might have to update our security certificate. @dcdeb can you do that?

The message you get about it is from your browser, what you can try is in your browser options to mark MFC as a safe website. I don't know if the freezing comes from that, but it's possible. For me it works ok.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mellody said:

Hmm, we might have to update our security certificate. @dcdeb can you do that?

The message you get about it is from your browser, what you can try is in your browser options to mark MFC as a safe website. I don't know if the freezing comes from that, but it's possible. For me it works ok.

I'll look into the security certificate issue -- It looks like it's valid to me, and I haven't had that freezing problem, but I'll double-check.

And we should all give mellody (Karin) a great big round of applause for everything she's done to get the new format/theme looking so beautiful! :clap: Thank you, Karin!

• Thanks 1