MFC - the most beautiful fans

Hero

How do you keep your skin soft and radiant? Do you have an old family recipe for a brilliant face mask? What product do you swear by for lustrous, shiny locks? Have you battled dandruff and won? Share your beauty tips here and help other fans. 

My tips? I've not got any, that's why I'm asking! :naughty: 

I lie. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! If you wear nothing else, wear sunscreen to avoid skin damage. And drink plenty of water. And get a good night's sleep. And eat your vegetables, avoid sugar, salt etc. Yeah... :bored:

But if anyone has a magic cream that can do all that, speak up! :naughty::crossed:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I never considered myself as beautiful so I never really cared about stuff like that. :aah:

Anyway, I'm using some make-up sometimes. I had a time (when I wasn't self-confident at all) I didn't feel dressed without. :doh:

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I never considered myself as beautiful so I never really cared about stuff like that. :aah:

Anyway, I'm using some make-up sometimes. I had a time (when I wasn't self-confident at all) I didn't feel dressed without. :doh:

:itsok:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Hero said:

How do you keep your skin soft and radiant? Do you have an old family recipe for a brilliant face mask? What product do you swear by for lustrous, shiny locks? Have you battled dandruff and won? Share your beauty tips here and help other fans. 

My tips? I've not got any, that's why I'm asking! :naughty: 

I lie. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! If you wear nothing else, wear sunscreen to avoid skin damage. And drink plenty of water. And get a good night's sleep. And eat your vegetables, avoid sugar, salt etc. Yeah... :bored:

But if anyone has a magic cream that can do all that, speak up! :naughty::crossed:

We should ask Mika his skincare routine! It has motivated me to look more into it, since we’re the same age I understand that I need to do more in order to glow up like he does :wink2:

My routine is to scrub my face with a more rough cloth in the warm shower - no special product. If I wore make-up that day, I will (before the shower) remove that first with make-up remover.

And I always apply face cream. I have hyper allergic, dry skin and have therefore an anti allergy face cream to moisturize. It’s the same throughout the entire year day and night - I don’t like it too complicated. 

And I agree: sunscreen sunscreen sunscreen! But I only do that during very sunny days. When it’s cloudy I don’t see the need to apply it. What is better than sunscreen is to not be exposed to the sun too much :wink2: (I say this from a medical point of view, I work in oncology and see a lot of cancer in the head/neck area.)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Hero said:

Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! If you wear nothing else, wear sunscreen to avoid skin damage.

Couldn't agree more! I wear sunscreen regularly now. When I was only 15 I had a skin cancer scare, I was sat in a SHADED spot for a few hours in my yard and a couple of weeks later my mum noticed a suspicious mole on my shoulder. I thought it was nothing but I'm so glad a doctor checked it out! It was removed quickly and further tests showed no damage to my skin, thank goodness! But the doctor gave me a stern warning not to sit out in the sun too long, even in shaded spots the sun can still reach you. If I hadn't had seen a doctor who knows what that mole could have turned into!

So yes, wear sunscreen! Even in winter if you have to!

(I use so much in Summer I'm pretty sure my skin is at least 50% sunscreen :naughty:)

Anyway... I like to think I do have good skin. I do take care of it every day!

I have a very simple morning/evening routine for smooth, supple and unblemished skin (not to brag 😎). I use Nivea creme, going from my forehead to the bottom of my neck in the morning. Before bed it's the opposite way round, from my neck up to my forehead. I use the tips of my fingers to massage around my eyes and cheeks. If I do get dry skin, then I switch to a little bit of E45.

I rarely wear makeup either, I have to be really careful when I do, because I'm actually allergic to some types!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

But the doctor gave me a stern warning not to sit out in the sun too long, even in shaded spots the sun can still reach you.

Very true, lighter skin is more vulnerable also. Doesn’t mean darker skin doesn’t need sunscreen, but since I have darker skin I have to admit that I’m not as strict as I should be.

I only got a sunburn once in my life - and that is when I went sunbathing with my friends. I’m never doing that again :lol3:

• Like 4

I agree sunscreen is primordial :thumb_yello: personally my skin is very sensitive, when I was 15 years old I had a lot of problems with acne and even today I still have the scars so I need to be careful and have a good routine to prevent it from happening again : sunscreen, sleep well, drink water, always remove makeup, and I moisturize my skin with jojoba oil

Have skin problems is horrible when I was teenager I feel like I’m a monster and still today it’s hard for me to show my scares :doh:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Laurya said:

Have skin problems is horrible when I was teenager I feel like I’m a monster and still today it’s hard for me to show my scares :doh:

I'm sorry for you. I knew there's a laser treatment to partly remove the acne scars, have you tried it?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Very true, lighter skin is more vulnerable also.

I'm naturally pale, and my skin is always at its palest in the morning when I get up. I look like I've seen a ghost! 

Actually, with the way my hair sticks up in the morning, I look more like a mad scientist that has seen a ghost! :lmfao:

17 minutes ago, Laurya said:

and still today it’s hard for me to show my scars :doh:

I have scars and an unusual birth mark, it took me a long time to become more confident about them. When I was younger I would never wear short t-shirts or skirts, but I've come to realise that my body is the only one I have. I can't change it so I might as well accept it the way it is. Even with all my weird markings (some of which I call my "tiger stripes" :biggrin2:), I'm happy with my body and I love every part of it. Now I'm much more confident! 

@Laurya I bet you have wonderful skin regardless of scars and you shouldn't let them stop you from being you! 💙

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

@Laurya I bet you have wonderful skin regardless of scars and you shouldn't let them stop you from being you! 💙

I agree with this sentiment. If we ask anyone here on the forum, in our family/friends circle, on the street: we all have our insecurities. Some are more visible than others, but it shouldn’t stop us from living our life or to enjoy it to the fullest. 

22 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

but I've come to realise that my body is the only one I have. I can't change it so I might as well accept it the way it is.

And this is beautifully said ❤️

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, krysady said:

I'm sorry for you. I knew there's a laser treatment to partly remove the acne scars, have you tried it?

Yes maybe I will try this treatment because I think acne scars will never disappear :doh:

• Like 3

I've been told that rosehip oil is good for scars, might be worth a try?

Yes, as a pale skinned ginger I can burn very quickly, so have to be careful. I got seriously burnt a few years back while on holiday, will never forget the look on the doctors face when I showed him, he said it looked like a 2nd degree burn from a house fire. :shocked: The only time I've ever needed to take prescription codeine. (which made me feel like I was floating - so weird) 

And yes, do remove makeup before bed! Don't do what I did last night and forget to remove your bright blue glittery eye shadow/liner. My god the mess this morning. So much scrubbing. :doh:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Hero said:

I've been told that rosehip oil is good for scars, might be worth a try?

Yes, as a pale skinned ginger I can burn very quickly, so have to be careful. I got seriously burnt a few years back while on holiday, will never forget the look on the doctors face when I showed him, he said it looked like a 2nd degree burn from a house fire. :shocked: The only time I've ever needed to take prescription codeine. (which made me feel like I was floating - so weird) 

And yes, do remove makeup before bed! Don't do what I did last night and forget to remove your bright blue glittery eye shadow/liner. My god the mess this morning. So much scrubbing. :doh:

I think you need a hug again. :original:

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 3

Forgot to mention I also use moisturiser on my elbows and knees, I don't want no wrinkly skin when I'm older :lmfao:

I also use a coconut body butter on the backs of my hands and wrists, not sure if it does my skin any good but I love the smell of coconut! 

• Like 3

I always use face cream , almond body milk after shower and since I have some highlights in my hair after shampooing, I use a birch mask. And for three years I have visited a nutritionist and changed my eating habits, I do not use salt, sugar and I try to have a Mediterranean diet and I have lost 20 kg and I feel good.

I also use makeup and of course I remove it before bed. But since I have to wear mask, since last year I can't use lipstick.

I eat vegetables, fish and almost no meat, I drink 2 liters of water a day. I really like fruit but I can't abuse it since it contains a lot of sugar. I usually eat it mid-morning. My favorite fruit is banana :pbjt:but  I use to avoid it in summer and instead of bananas I eat pineapple, melon, watermelon, cherries, strawberries etc..

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

And for three years I have visited a nutritionist and changed my eating habits, I do not use salt, sugar and I try to have a Mediterranean diet and I have lost 20 kg and I feel good.

So no pain du chocolate for you in Paris!

But wow, good job! 20 kgs is a LOT!!! Hat off to you! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

So no pain du chocolate for you in Paris!

But wow, good job! 20 kgs is a LOT!!! Hat off to you! 

Well, I can make an exception. In that diet  I can eat a piece of dark chocolate a day. Before I ate a chocolate bar in a day. Really bad. 

Edit: 20 kg in a year

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Before I ate a chocolate bar in a day. 

Yeah, I'm still on your 'before' diet... :doh:

Well done for getting healthy, I know it's not easy to change habits, particularly if emotional/comfort eating is involved. :hug:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yeah, I'm still on your 'before' diet... :doh:

Ok, the third hug in not even 24 hours. :biggrin2:

You can also book hugs with me if you want? :wink2:

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am not too much in a skin care but about 2 weeks ago I started face yoga - some tutorials on youtube.

Especially Masumi Channel. It's incredible how much you can change your face just by doing some exercices!

I just tried 2 of her videos and my cheeks are tingling:lol3: 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Hero said:

I just tried 2 of her videos and my cheeks are tingling:lol3: 

But it really works. Great way to keep your facial muscles on place.

No need of plastic surgery.(Well I am older than you and gravity starts to appear more and more on my face :lol3:  )

I see a difference on my face. I watch and practice different videos every day.

And even watching TV or doing something I work my muscles.

I would never dare to have a plastic surgery. It scares me!!!!!!!!!

Beauty cream works on the skin surface but in reality the muscles build your face.

• Like 3