Mika Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, website updates - 2022

Mikasister

2 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

What's this???????

YoMika or Yo-Yo??????

Yoyomika.com :doh: Of course this is why we can't open it :lmfao:We lack a "yo" :floor:

:jawdrop: There is a yoyomika.com :lmao:

It's not Mika's though....

Screenshot_20220504-005005_Opera.jpg

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

alice-in-wonderland-alice.gif.b6f8bfe09d632715a62f3b5a07e20348.gif

🤔

Anyone else got a YOMIKA.COM tab open and constantly refreshing? Or is that just me? :naughty:

When he says "tonight", I'm thinking midnight Italy time, or knowing Mika, it will be Mikasoon! 😁

Not just you :floor: :hi5:although I also think it will be mikasoon :bleh:

• Like 1

Looks like the website is still going through development/updates. The shop link takes you to Google search, the t-shirt says $40 instead of $30, there's no lyric list, no singles list (even though you can click on a button that says "singles") and there's no older photo archive just new photos (which I don't mind too much :bleh:).

One thing that is new, is the contact information for his management and booking teams! I'm really surprised he's shared that information, he could end up with a lot of spam from crazy fans!  :fisch:...   :teehee:

(unless those contacts were already public knowledge :dunno:)

Anyway I'm glad it mentions new music coming soon, the only thing is I don't have Spotify or Apple music 😆 

*edit* Clicking the actual merch items at the bottom of the page does take you to the shop! But the actual shop link in the menu doesn't!

Edited by TinyLove_CJ
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Aki Celeste said:

I've felt the same way, ever since I discovered that they haven't even updated the site to include lyrics from MNIMH. And the lyrics for the songs that are listed aren't always the correct ones. :doh: I'd be tempted to get in there and update it myself, if I had the option, but a new website sounds even better. :boing:
 Plus we always have the lyrics here on the MFC site. :) He should start hiring more of his fans already!

Seriously. On the new site they don't even try to stay up to date but just haven't included the lyrics at all. :mf_rosetinted: The tourdates still are incomplete too.

It seems they put the focus on the design, and indeed that looks really nice and fresh. Love those mouseover effects on the PC! Sometimes the site is really slow tho, especially on the mobile, and also on the PC it didn't react a few times. Well, I guess they just wanted to have it online in time for Eurovision, even if it's not perfect yet. I just hope they'll keep improving it, removing the technical glitches, adding content etc. ... Maybe first of all add a security certificate, because some browsers won't even show the site without one. (edit: while I was writing this, they finally added one, yay! :yay:)

Usually I'd say it's a good start, but over the years I learned not to get my hopes up too high about things being improved, it's like he loses interest quickly once he started something new (see tiktok, lol! :teehee:), so maybe it'll just stay this way, which would be a shame about the money and time they spent on it. If no one visits the website because the content isn't attractive, it's a waste on this pretty design.

Fingers crossed that it is indeed only a start and they'll do more with it! :crossed:

I guess I'll need to update the title of this thread, no more mikasounds (it's still online, but I guess they'll turn if off soon - ideally redirect from there to the new site) ... he has even updated the links in his IG and Twitter linktree already. :thumb_yello:

• Like 5

• mellody changed the title to Mika Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, website updates - 2022

759538209_Screenshot_20220504-141540_FirefoxFocus.thumb.jpg.0e8419da83b8cc4233428e90c5f1402f.jpg1989515285_Screenshot_20220504-141603_FirefoxFocus.thumb.jpg.d8b3f5ddcd1f44d7b5bba992a65f7a29.jpgHi :bye:

Wandering on Mika's spotify complete playlist I saw those titles (if you click they don't open) but could they be the titles of a few new Mika songs? :excite:(see the post above I have a tech problem) 

Could be totally be other Mikas as well :dunno:

Screenshot_20220504-141704_Firefox Focus.jpg

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Looks like the website is still going through development/updates. The shop link takes you to Google search, the t-shirt says $40 instead of $30, there's no lyric list, no singles list (even though you can click on a button that says "singles") and there's no older photo archive just new photos (which I don't mind too much :bleh:).

One thing that is new, is the contact information for his management and booking teams! I'm really surprised he's shared that information, he could end up with a lot of spam from crazy fans!  :fisch:...   :teehee:

Anyway I'm glad it mentions new music coming soon, the only thing is I don't have Spotify or Apple music 😆 

*edit* Clicking the actual merch items at the bottom of the page does take you to the shop! But the actual shop link in the menu doesn't!

You can still upload a free version of spotify that's what I have. I reinstalled it to check the link on yomika.com

• Like 1

Somehow came across a search function on YOMIKA (even though it's not an option in the menu, weird), searched the word YO and somehow got this page:

20220504_181220.thumb.png.e83fff0fbc568f8dc3e6c6d17e6a41c5.png

HELLO WORLD!!! :lmfao:

(and hello Mika :bye:)

Looks like Mika's new website tried to transfer over his old blogs, and failed 🙃

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Somehow came across a search function on YOMIKA (even though it's not an option in the menu, weird), searched the word YO and somehow got this page:

20220504_181220.thumb.png.e83fff0fbc568f8dc3e6c6d17e6a41c5.png

HELLO WORLD!!! :lmfao:

(and hello Mika :bye:)

Looks like Mika's new website tried to transfer over his old blogs, and failed 🙃

No, I don't think that's it. If I recall correctly, that's a Wordpress thing. That's what you see when you first join and are writing your first blog. It's been a while since I did it, but I remember the "Hello World!" greeting.  :dunno:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Yes, there were a number of broken/incorrect links when the site first went live, but it looks like they are gradually fixing those errors.

I miss the lyrics section (even though it wasn't perfect or complete), and the collaborations section, and some of the older photos as you mentioned.

I think the management info was pretty much out there, but obviously placing it so prominently when there is no fanmail address for Mika leaves those guys open to getting all sorts of fanmail now. That's not necessarily a bad thing for me, because maybe that means I won't get so much now! :teehee:

The main thing I'm missing on the new site is the link to MFC. I'll be very sad if they don't eventually add us back. :emot-sad:

But I also feel like there's no depth, and nothing personal -- but maybe that's intentional. But there's no bio now, no Twitter feed, no old news, not even recent news like Eurovision or the tour, and there's no description on the photos, not even any dates. Maybe that's all going to be added as time goes on.

On the plus side, though, it does look fresh and clean, and is pretty straightforward to navigate. I'll be interested to how it develops moving forward.

And I guess it means we might make a few tweaks to our layout soon as well, to try to match.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, there were a number of broken/incorrect links when the site first went live, but it looks like they are gradually fixing those errors.

The shop link now works and the site itself loads faster for me now.

Odd about the Wordpress blog thing then... 🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krysady said:

And for anyone wondering, that should be on at 7pm UK time -- which is 8pm Central Europe and 2pm for me in Eastern US.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2