Magic Piano tour canceled?

krysady

6 minutes ago, mariposa said:

Anybody knows how to find out both numbers for etickets? Can't find any information here. :/

At the bottom of the ticket you can find an “i” button. Press it and your data should appear 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krysady said:

So it seems you can't ask for a refund for the Arena tickets... great!

It's funny. I have 2 printed tickets for the theatre in Verona.

I did send the request for refund - the system asked me for my bank account.

I tried to add the other one and the system sais the ticket is not refundable.

SO for the moment I still have one ticket for the theatre. I will try later,

For e-tickets I had for Florence I managed to put both at the same time, but the system didn't ask me about the way of refund.

I did not see any "confirmation" message when I pressed the button to send.

I can imagine it will be on my credit card. I am waiting for am email with the confirmation. 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

For e-tickets I had for Florence I managed to put both at the same time, but the system didn't ask me about the way of refund.

I did not see any "confirmation" message when I pressed the button to send.

I can imagine it will be on my credit card. I am waiting for am email with the confirmation. 

It's ok now with my e-tickets. I repeated the request and this time everything went well.

I still have one ticket for the Florence theatre for which I have a notification that it's not refundable.

So I will try later.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Perdchen said:

Denk je dat logistiek de werkelijke reden is waarom hij de shows bijna op het laatste moment afzegt? Voor mij klinkt het zo vreemd dat de logistiek op zo'n laat moment faalt nadat alles is gepland... ik hoop dat hij in orde is:)

I doubt it too.....I hope nothing is wrong with him....🙏💙

6 hours ago, Prisca said:

Yes, what @Sabine64mentioned, that he wants to do the intimate and the big concerts one after the other.

In this case, he should have cancelled the Arena too, it is also part of the concept. So I don't think this is the reason..

I'm sure there are logistical problems, but I don't think that's the only reason

I think the same. I don't want to blame him, I am sure he did everything possible to make it happen before taking this awful decision, there's no doubts. If he was forced to do that, it means that something really bad and serious happened and probably we won't ever find out. 

So they are just left with a concert in Verona where they may not be able to attend.

Or they don't want to attend anymore, from what I read on Twitter... it's hard to enjoy the show after all this situation :sad:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

In this case, he should have cancelled the Arena too, it is also part of the concept. So I don't think this is the reason..

As I understand it, he is not doing the originally planned concert in the Arena in Verona, but a Rite of The Spring concert as a consolation (my interpretation) and as a conclusion to the summer.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Prisca said:

As I understand it, he is not doing the originally planned concert in the Arena in Verona, but a Rite of The Spring concert as a consolation (my interpretation) and as a conclusion to the summer.

I interpreted it this way too, but what I don't get is: if he can keep the gig in Verona and just turn it into a "normal" concert, why not do that with the other gigs too? It's not the perfect solution, but still a lot better than cancelling the whole tour. I'm sure most fans would have understood and there would be much less anger and annoyance in the fandom.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Lunari said:

I interpreted it this way too, but what I don't get is: if he can keep the gig in Verona and just turn it into a "normal" concert, why not do that with the other gigs too? It's not the perfect solution, but still a lot better than cancelling the whole tour. I'm sure most fans would have understood and there would be much less anger and annoyance in the fandom.

It is exactly what I wrote in the refund thread.

I think because he simply doesn't have the time, with all the projects he has. If he does the Magic Piano Tour next year and now a "The Rite of Spring" tour in Italy, he doesn't have enough time to finish the other projects. :mellow:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lunari said:

There is another thing - if it's due to the economic situation - don't forget that the calculations have been made in 2021 - the costs might be so high now that the whole tour will not be covered with the contracts from last year.

In Poland only electricity for business purpose (offices, shops, factories) increased from 100% to even 800%!

I don't mention transport, gas, food ect.

If you take all increased costs of the venue rent, logistic, staff, tickets distribution ect it can be that the whole profit is lost.

This is business. People work to earn money. Companies involved in the process want to earn money. 

I've read in the SM that some concerts have been already cancelled this year for the economic reasons.

If only one wheel in this huge machine of entertainment business becomes weak, the whole project can crash down.

So we can only speculate about the reasons. But we can't expect that Friends & Partners will tell us all the details about their problems. Fans write bad things about Mika because it's the easiest thing to do. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Prisca said:

It is exactly what I wrote in the refund thread.

I think because he simply doesn't have the time, with all the projects he has. If he does the Magic Piano Tour next year and now a "The Rite of Spring" tour in Italy, he doesn't have enough time to finish the other projects. :mellow:

Yes, maybe. But if that's the case, it's a problem of his own doing and he should learn not to take on so many projects at the same time. I still think doing "The Rite of Spring" tour now and forgetting the "Magic Piano" tour altogether would be a better solution, since we don't really know if and when that tour will happen anyway.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lunari said:

Yes, maybe. But if that's the case, it's a problem of his own doing and he should learn not to take on so many projects at the same time. I still think doing "The Rite of Spring" tour now and forgetting the "Magic Piano" tour altogether would be a better solution, since we don't really know if and when that tour will happen anyway.

Yes, I agree. Even with the rising costs, I'm sure he would still have enough money to have a piano transported and do a simple, intimate concert without light effects.

Edited by Prisca
Sorry, light effects and not lightning effects
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, krysady said:

Or they don't want to attend anymore, from what I read on Twitter... it's hard to enjoy the show after all this situation :sad:

In two and a half weeks some people will probably change their minds and I don't think it should be a problem to fill the arena.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

There is another thing - if it's due to the economic situation - don't forget that the calculations have been made in 2021 - the costs might be so high now that the whole tour will not be covered with the contracts from last year.

In Poland only electricity for business purpose (offices, shops, factories) increased from 100% to even 800%!

I don't mention transport, gas, food ect.

If you take all increased costs of the venue rent, logistic, staff, tickets distribution ect it can be that the whole profit is lost.

This is business. People work to earn money. Companies involved in the process want to earn money. 

I've read in the SM that some concerts have been already cancelled this year for the economic reasons.

If only one wheel in this huge machine of entertainment business becomes weak, the whole project can crash down.

So we can only speculate about the reasons. But we can't expect that Friends & Partners will tell us all the details about their problems. Fans write bad things about Mika because it's the easiest thing to do. 

You may well be right, and I'm sure the whole thing is more complicated than we will ever know. But I do think the whole thing was handled badly, so it's not surprising that a lot of fans blame Mika: he/his team communicated this news in a very impersonal way, and it was also announced very late (less than 3 weeks before the tour was supposed to start). Remember how many times he apologized when he got sick and had to cancel those shows in the US this spring, even though everyone kept telling him that it was okay and he should take care of his health first? You could really see how much he regretted those cancellations, which is very different from how this latest announcement comes across. I mean, I'm sure in reality he feels just as regretful and devastated now (if not even more) -- but the tone of the announcement paints a very different picture: "Sorry, I had to cancel these shows because they wouldn't be the way I wanted them to be. But hey, I'll see you in Verona to celebrate the end of the summer!" Again, I'm not saying that's how Mika really feels, but this is what fans see.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Prisca said:

and I don't think it should be a problem to fill the arena.

I have no doubts about that, many fans who planned initially to attend the other gigs, will turn to this one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lunari said:

Remember how many times he apologized when he got sick and had to cancel those shows in the US this spring, even though everyone kept telling him that it was okay and he should take care of his health first? You could really see how much he regretted those cancellations, which is very different from how this latest announcement comes across.

Yes, he was ill and could not sing. And here it's like you say "the show wouldn't have been as planned".

• Like 2

Given the actual situation in the world, probably it will be harder and harder to put up these spectacular shows in the future, I doubt the economical aspect will improve. I am sure he is not the only artist struggling with this harsh reality.  I can imagine he had to give up if the costs became higher than the profit, it's understandable. Probably that's why it sounds more like a cancelation, maybe they don't know how and when it would be possible to happen. We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And what else he could say? That he hired wrong persons that had this idea of two shows in each city and then they were unable to handle it? 

Perform the concerts in a simple version without special effects, which probably doesn't fit into his calendar. Please don't get me wrong, I'm sure he did everything he could to make the Magic Piano Tour happen, but not to save the concerts...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prisca said:

Perform the concerts in a simple version without special effects, which probably doesn't fit into his calendar. Please don't get me wrong, I'm sure he did everything he could to make the Magic Piano Tour happen, but not to save the concerts...

I remember reading or hearing that he was going to have an extension of the stage that would allow him to be in the middle of the audience. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SusanT said:

I remember reading or hearing that he was going to have an extension of the stage that would allow him to be in the middle of the audience. 

Which would of course have been cool. :original:

I just hope he can do the Magic Piano Tour next year and doesn't do a tour in France first. I can already see the comments of Italians in this case: "He's doing festivals in France all summer and then now he's doing a tour there as well and we're left empty-handed." Let's hope it doesn't come to that...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Perform the concerts in a simple version without special effects, which probably doesn't fit into his calendar.

I know I wouldn't mind if he'd focus on simple intimate concerts rather than mega-gigs.  It’s a much nicer experience seeing an artist you love in a room with a few hundred people, than seeing them in an arena or a stadium.

I mean I bet it looks great from his spot on stage: it's hard to imagine a bigger ego boost than a huge stadium filled with people cheering for you. Probably that's why also his desire to get people running in front of the stage lately, even the gigs are seated, which is a nonsense... why to have seated gigs in the first place if it would end up in a mess anyway? 

I only hope he knows that we attend his shows for his performance, not for some lights' show or huge sets. There's always Beyonce for that :teehee:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

even the gigs are seated, which is a nonsense... why to have seated gigs in the first place if it would end up in a mess anyway?

So you don't have to queue all day to be in the front row. :teehee:

• Like 2

Just now, Prisca said:

So you don't have to queue all day to be in the front row. :teehee:

But if you're not very fast, you'll end up from the first rows in the back of other people, there's no guarantee anyway.