Songs Mika Has Covered

dcdeb

Based on a discussion we had during a recent Instagram Live, I came up with a list of songs Mika has covered over the years. I just included songs that actually had video of him performing (as opposed to just audio), but I stopped at *46* -- I know there are more! and will add to it when I can!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUVi-uGKh1SiqPFWm3DnEBQVMPPnrGe-S

Which is YOUR favorite Mika cover?

I'm partial to these, but there are so many really great ones:

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

Looks like the list is missing Mika's covers with his final Voice contestants...

I think his heavenly cover of Ancora Ancora Ancora is also missing <3 <3 <3

His cover of Pure Imagination w/ Pif is missing too, but I can't find that one on youtube :( 

One song on the list is unavailable and hidden for me @dcdeb I wonder what it is.

This thread has lots of his covers.

My favorite has got to be I Miss You w/ Clean Bandit. I will never not watch that whenever i come across it.

Edited by kreacher
  • Like 4

He also covered a few Queen songs.

Bohemian Rhapsody - The Voice:

I Want To Break Free (multiple times): 

https://youtu.be/EjnFkCdT1H4

Don't Stop Me Now:

https://youtu.be/tzw0Y_qJVIw

https://youtu.be/KBexw_Lj3Rg

And I wouldn't call this a cover, but many people do, so Killer Queen:

https://youtu.be/1oQPKeLgTyo

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kreacher said:

His cover of Pure Imagination w/ Pif is missing too, but I can't find that one on youtube :( 

One song on the list is unavailable and hidden for me @dcdeb I wonder what it is.

This thread has lots of his covers.

My favorite has got to be I Miss You w/ Clean Bandit. I will never not watch that whenever i come across it.

I agree the Clean Bandit cover was terrific -- I loved that one. Maybe not my favorite, but close.

And I've just locked the other thread. I guess that's what happens when your forum has been around a while -- you start repeating yourself! That old thread was started 8 years ago, and since this one has been updated more recently, we might as well keep this one open instead of having things in both places.

As for the Pure Imagination cover -- I don't recall him doing it with Pif. He did it on Stasera Casa Mika with Pierfrancesco Favini - Is that the version you meant? I don't see it on YouTube, but it's online here:

That may well be the one that was deleted -- it seems that RAI used to have it on their YouTube but took it down.

But speaking of covers that we may have missed, I think we totally missed this one, that I just ran across -- Mika singing (well, sort of!) Rebel, Rebel with Kolors on Stasera Casa Mika.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dcdeb said:

As for the Pure Imagination cover -- I don't recall him doing it with Pif. He did it on Stasera Casa Mika with Pierfrancesco Favini - Is that the version you meant? I don't see it on YouTube, but it's online here:

That may well be the one that was deleted -- it seems that RAI used to have it on their YouTube but took it down.

lol yes that's who i meant. they're both called Pierfrancesco and my old brain got them confused. ty for the links

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Ohh this just put such a big smile on my face!! :wub2:

Lang Lang at the piano, the christmas trees, I cannot wait for the Piano christams special to arrive.

And I wonder if he played it several times and was just soundchecking in these clips. Because of the casual sweater and the visible microphone cable... 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

All You Need Is Love

Mika sings All You Need Is Love at the Kings Cross station on 16 October 2023.

And Andy in the audience. We can see his smiling face at the end!!!!!!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

All You Need Is Love

Mika sings All You Need Is Love at the Kings Cross station on 16 October 2023.

IG stories rurydocherty

All You Need Is Love at the Kings Cross station on 16 October 2023.

1/2

2/2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Does anyone know this FRENCH SONG ?

RFM Radio studio live on 14 December 2023.

Hi Eriko, it's not a French song, it's a literal translation of Relax, Take It Easy in French that Mika sang as part of a game for a listener :thumb_yello:

• Haha 1