21 minutes ago, Hero said:

Is this the place to say im not overly keen on brie? :no:

Well that won't get you in NC at least :wink2: :thumb_yello: and we are all allowed to have different tastes for sure , about cheeses and about everything else and this is what makes life in general and MFC fun :group_hug: 

I don't like camembert nor blue cheese :no:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Well that won't get you in NC at least :wink2: :thumb_yello: and we are all allowed to have different tastes for sure , about cheeses and about everything else and this is what makes life in general and MFC fun :group_hug: 

I don't like camembert and blue cheese :no:

I thought camembert was similar to brie? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

nor blue cheese :no:

:shocked:    That's THE BEST for me!

Edit: In fact I think that's what the song Blue it is about :shun:

8 minutes ago, Hero said:

Don't say it...

:lmfao:

Edited by krysady
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Camembert tastes a lot stronger and much more salty (to me) Brie is milder, more creamy and sweet (to me) 

But I seem to have the same taste as you. I like Brie (not as much as I used to because I ate too much of it), but I was never a fan of Camembert. I don't like the aftertaste of it. And I don't particularly like blue cheese either (I can't do much with Gorgonzola and Roquefort) to eat like that. I find it ok in the sauce. Cambozola is better, but it doesn't have as much blue cheese in it.

• Like 2

• silver changed the title to The cheese thread
13 minutes ago, Hero said:

OK if we ever share a cheese board, @krysady can have my blue cheese  

Done! The perfect combination: blue cheese accompanied with a glass of red wine!  And pizza with blue cheese! Hence the lyrics:  "I will always love the blue in you" :teehee:

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Hero said:

Eww, no blue cheese thanks. Just the thought of eating mould. Even if it's meant to be there! 🤢

OK if we ever share a cheese board, @krysady can have my blue cheese and @crazyaboutmika can have my brie. Just give me the Red Leicester and Leerdammer. :licks_lips: 

Thank you for the brie :licks_lips:I love Lerdameer but now I'm curious about Red Leicester 

1 minute ago, krysady said:

Done! The perfect combination: blue cheese accompanied with a glass of red wine!  And pizza with blue cheese! Hence the lyrics:  "I will always love the blue in you" :teehee:

Blue cheese and a pizza please, red wine I'm on my knees :drunk_sing:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Thank you for the brie :licks_lips:I love Lerdameer but now I'm curious about Red Leicester 

Red Leicester can vary - supermarket stuff is generally bland, but a farmhouse one can be quite nutty.  It's a hard cheese.

• Like 4

Just now, silver said:

I love most cheeses but I'm not too keen on blue cheese (except for cooking with).

I'd say my favourite cheeses were Wensleydale and Pié d'Angloys

I'm getting more and more curious about your cheeses :licks_lips: 

That sounds a bit :naughty:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Red Leicester is like Cheddar, but with a nutty tang. It's a good all-rounder, sandwiches, cheese boards, cooking... I even melted a couple of slices on my veggie spag bol last night. Yum. 

Yes I'm the height of sophistication. :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, silver said:

I love most cheeses but I'm not too keen on blue cheese (except for cooking with).

Oh, what's Pié d'Angloys like? I think I've seen that sold near me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, silver said:

I've never tried these, are they hard or soft?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krysady said:

I've never tried these, are they hard or soft?

Wensleydale is a hard cheese, although it's actually a bit crumbly. It has a creamy, piquant taste. 

Not sure about Pié d'Angloys. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Just read a BBC article that in 2022, after the USA, France was the 2nd largest consumer of exported British cheese. Its near you! 

In Switzerland you hardly find British cheese, cheddar, but otherwise. They sell mainly Swiss, French and Italian cheeses.

• Like 2