1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Brie has been acquired!

20230303_094831.thumb.jpg.674db12d5453c9535d6d8a7f92fd5597.jpg

I've not tried it yet. I will have some for dinner today, I'm just not sure how 😅

Shall I eat it straight from the packet or put in on something? I have crackers too!

Make sure it is ready to eat - it should be runny in the middle.  Also give it an hour at room temperature to warm up, don't eat it straight from the fridge.

Like this

image.jpeg.ceea519cc3263afee351c259594f6d29.jpeg

Not this

Why does Brie stop ripening when it's sliced? - Quora

Brie verdict:

I like it! :biggrin2:

Maybe I should have checked this thread earlier though because @silver I did eat it straight from the fridge 😅, it was still fairly soft though but not runny. 

I was expecting it to have a strong smell but it doesn't really smell of anything to me. I found the rind and the cheese itself have different flavours. Rind: stronger taste, a little salty??? Cheese: creamy, almost buttery, a little strong for my taste but I like that! There is a sweetness to it too.

Seeing as it's made from full fat milk I don't think I could eat too much of it in one go, what I had (on crackers!) was just enough :licks_lips:

Question: can I melt it onto something or does that affect the taste?

• Like 2

Brie verdict:

I like it! :biggrin2:

Maybe I should have checked this thread earlier though because @silver I did eat it straight from the fridge 😅, it was still fairly soft though but not runny. 

I was expecting it to have a strong smell but it doesn't really smell of anything to me. I found the rind and the cheese itself have different flavours. Rind: stronger taste, a little salty??? Cheese: creamy, almost buttery, a little strong for my taste but I like that! There is a sweetness to it too.

Seeing as it's made from full fat milk I don't think I could eat too much of it in one go, what I had (on crackers!) was just enough :licks_lips:

Glad you like it :wub2:

I like it not runny and out of the fridge :teehee:

Yes you can melt it onto something it will still taste good :thumb_yello:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 1

Others have mentioned hot bread or grilled meat.

Ooh, try melting it on hot crumpets with a drizzle of honey. 

• Like 2

Yep, you can melt it in your mouth with champagne or wine, that's the exquisite taste for me :teehee:

• Haha 3

Ate more brie Saturday and yesterday but each time I felt unwell afterwards, turns out that as much as my taste buds like brie the rest of my body does not 🙃

• Sad 1

So apparently crocheted food is a thing! Here is a cheese board, with, yes, I believe that is a brie. :lmfao:

29zfwdls1ys71.thumb.jpg.3f380cca09e408bbdf233650a4f3b5e1.jpg

And the cutest little babybel. Should have had these last year to throw on stage for Yo Yo. :naughty:

babybel_medium2.jpg.75453585b0201a838f02ba70c570be37.jpg

• Haha 1

I'm curious to know what people's favourite cheese flavoured snacks are!

This is one of mine. Red Leicester flavoured mini cheddars :licks_lips:

640x640.thumb.jpg.259c6c6baf128855c777932abf3c311e.jpg

As well as the snack I love the current mini cheddars TV ad here in the UK:

At the end I think the lyrics should be "cheeses better watch they're backs or risk becoming one of Mika's snacks!" :lol3:

I like Mini Cheddars.  Not too fond of cheese snacks as they tend to use that very orange spray-on cheese powder stuff (eg Wotsits).

I really like Roka Cheese Crispies, but they aren't cheap.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2023 at 8:51 PM, silver said:

Not too fond of cheese snacks as they tend to use that very orange spray-on cheese powder stuff (eg Wotsits).

I do love Wotsits and those round cheese puffs. The downside is the mess the cheese powder can make 😅

On 3/15/2023 at 8:51 PM, silver said:

I really like Roka Cheese Crispies, but they aren't cheap

Had to look these up. They do look yummy! And a little posh...

On 3/15/2023 at 9:42 PM, Hero said:

Cheese twists. And fresh baked cheese straws. Yummy. :licks_lips:

Mmmmm cheese straws with a sour cream and chive dip... :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

Already mentioned the film 'Finch' in another thread but one of the scenes in the film is all about cheese, so of course I have to talk about it here! 😁

Hopefully not spoiling too much for anyone that hasn't seen the film but throughout it there's a running joke that the sky "is like Swiss cheese". Finch is looking for food while explaining the damaged ozone layer to his robot friend. The robot takes it literally and keeps looking up at the sky for the cheese! 😆

Couldn't help but think of this thread when I watched it. 🧀 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

If I had had to watch this ad, then so do all of you! 

:shocked:

I'll have you know that was a classic of it's day, thank you very much young lady! :grandma:

*Sniff, grumble, kids today, mutter mutter...* 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Hero said:

I'll have you know that was a classic of it's day, thank you very much young lady! :grandma:

*Sniff, grumble, kids today, mutter mutter...* 

It's not that I'm shocked by how old the ad is, it's more the unusual animation style they've gone for. I've never seen anything like it and those dancing male mice are rather... shocking?! 😅

17 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

It's not that I'm shocked by how old the ad is, it's more the unusual animation style they've gone for. I've never seen anything like it and those dancing male mice are rather... shocking?! 😅

Can't say I noticed. :lmfao:

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An article mentions French cheese and Mika

37 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

France 3

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/bourgogne-franche-comte/cote-d-or/ce-qu-il-a-de-plus-francais-chez-moi-l-epoisses-quand-mika-rend-hommage-au-fromage-made-in-bourgogne-2841839.html

Publié le 19/09/2023 à 14h48

"Ce qu'il y a de plus français chez moi ? J'adore l'époisses !" :

Mika rend hommage au fromage de Bourgogne

C'est un ambassadeur que l'on n'attendait pas pour l'époisses. Lors d'un entretien dans l'émission people de TF1 "50 Minutes Inside", le chanteur Mika a révélé adorer le fromage bourguignon. La séquence a fait rire plusieurs internautes sur les réseaux sociaux.

C’est le plus français des chanteurs libanais. Et à croire ses goûts, on peut même penser qu’il est le plus bourguignon des chanteurs libanais. Invité de "50 Minutes Inside" le samedi 9 septembre dernier sur TF1, Mika a rendu un fervent hommage à… l’époisses. 

Interrogé sur ce qu’il y avait de plus français en lui, l’interprète de "Relax" , regard pétillant et sourire au coin des lèvres s’exclame, après quelques secondes de réflexion : "J’adore l’époisses !". Face à lui, Isabelle Ithurburu, nouvelle présentatrice de l’émission reste incrédule et lui demande de répéter la réponse.

"L’époisses… le fromage !", précise alors le chanteur face à la journaliste qui confie honteusement (car oui, comment ne pas connaître l’époisses enfin !), mais avec humour : "Je ne connais même pas ! Je ne suis pas assez française ! Alors là c’est collector !"

"Un bel ambassadeur pour notre roi des fromages"

La petite séquence a évidemment été partagée sur les réseaux sociaux dans le groupe privé "Tu sais que tu viens d’Epoisses quand…", qui compte plus de 2 200 membres sur Facebook. "J’adooore [oui, il y a vraiment quatre ‘o’. NDLR] Quelle belle spontanéité de la part de Mika", commente alors Célia. Patrice, de son côté, voit en Mika "un bel ambassadeur pour notre roi des fromages".

D’autres ont adoré la séquence, comme Rachel, qui a trouvé "trop drôle" "la tête qu’a fait Isabelle Ithurburu à ce moment-là".

Grâce à Mika, Béré a elle pu apprendre qu'il y avait un "s" à époisses.

Il y a trois semaines déjà, interrogé sur Instagram par une de ses fans sur ses fromages français préférés, Mika avait répondu : "Le comté, un bon camembert et l'époisses. L'époisses ça pue mais ça doit vraiment puer, puer beaucoup comme une chaussette abandonnée"

La séquence, qui a permis à Isabelle Ithurburu de découvrir l'époisses et à Béré d'apprendre que ça s'écrivrait avec un "s", constitue surtout un joli coup de projecteur pour cet incontournable du patrimoine bourguignon. Car le 9 septembre, l'interview de Mika a été vue par 2,09 millions de téléspectateurs soit 16,5 % du public.

Et l'époisses a décidemment le vent en poupe, puisqu'en plus d'être l'un des fromages préférés de Mika, il a été sacré meilleur fromage du monde le 12 septembre dernier. C'est l'époisses "Perrière" de la maison Berthaut qui a été élu devant près de 1 550 concurrents.

Par contre, une interrogation reste en suspens. On ne sait pas si Isabelle Ithurbura a goûté à l'époisses depuis son échange avec Mika. Quant au chanteur, il se produira au Zenith de Dijon, le 15 mars prochain. 

:uk: Google translator

“What’s most French about me? I love Epoisses!” :

Mika pays homage to Burgundy cheese

He is an ambassador that we did not expect for Epoisses. During an interview on the TF1 celebrity show "50 Minutes Inside", singer Mika revealed that he loves Burgundy cheese. The sequence made several Internet users laugh on social networks.

He is the most French of Lebanese singers. And if we believe his tastes, we might even think that he is the most Burgundian of Lebanese singers. Guest of “50 Minutes Inside” last Saturday September 9 on TF1, Mika paid fervent tribute to… Epoisses.

Asked what was most French in him, the singer of "Relax", with a sparkling look and a smile on his lips, exclaimed, after a few seconds of reflection: "I love Epoisses!". In front of him, Isabelle Ithurburu, the new presenter of the show, remains incredulous and asks him to repeat the answer.

“Epoisses… the cheese!”, the singer then explains to the journalist who confides shamefully (because yes, how can you not know Epoisses after all!), but with humor: “I don’t even know! I’m not not French enough! So this is a collector's item!"

“A great ambassador for our king of cheeses”

The short sequence was obviously shared on social networks in the private group “You know that you come from Epoisses when…”, which has more than 2,200 members on Facebook. “I love it [yes, there are really four ‘o’s”. Editor’s note] What great spontaneity on Mika’s part,” Célia comments. Patrice, for his part, sees in Mika “a great ambassador for our king of cheeses”.

Others loved the sequence, like Rachel, who found “the face that Isabelle Ithurburu made at that moment” “so funny”.

Thanks to Mika, Béré was able to learn that there was an “s” in Époisses.

Already three weeks ago, asked on Instagram by one of his fans about his favorite French cheeses, Mika replied: "Comté, a good Camembert and Epoisses. Epoisses stinks but it must really stink, stink a lot like a discarded sock.

The sequence, which allowed Isabelle Ithurburu to discover Époisses and Béré to learn that it would be written with an "s", above all constitutes a nice spotlight for this essential part of Burgundian heritage. Because on September 9, Mika's interview was seen by 2.09 million viewers, or 16.5% of the public.

And Epoisses is definitely on the rise, since in addition to being one of Mika's favorite cheeses, it was crowned the best cheese in the world on September 12. It was the Epoisses “Perrière” from Maison Berthaut which was elected in front of nearly 1,550 competitors.

However, one question remains unanswered. We do not know if Isabelle Ithurbura has tasted Epoisses since her exchange with Mika. As for the singer, he will perform at the Zenith in Dijon on March 15.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/3/2023 at 10:09 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

Comté :swoon:

What does Comté taste like? It's stocked in my local supermarket, wondering whether to try it. 

We need a new tag - "stinky époisses". :lol3:

Or maybe "old socks". :naughty:

Edited by Hero
  • Haha 4