Eurovision 2023

silver

I think all the national entries have been chosen now, so please post videos/comments.

I can't say I'm wildly impressed by the UK entry (but then I didn't think much of Sam Ryder's song and look where he ended up :naughty: )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am steadily working my way through the entries, you can't listen to more than a few at a time.  Sweden is apparently the bookie's favourite (haven't got to that one yet).

• Like 1

In Poland we have a problem because there is already Blanca with her song Solo (actually I think it reminds Mae Muller sound - well the lyrics are rather "stupid").

The verdict has been very badly received - even with accusations of being faked and imposed by the Polish National TV.

Probably there will be a change and Jann will represent Poland - he is the big audience favorite.

And here is Jann

1 hour ago, silver said:

I think all the national entries have been chosen now, so please post videos/comments.

I can't say I'm wildly impressed by the UK entry (but then I didn't think much of Sam Ryder's song and look where he ended up :naughty: )

She's the kid from the Grace Kelly video isn't she?!

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

She's the kid from the Grace Kelly video isn't she?!

Yes she is!

This is her:

mae-muller-got-big-break-801353103.thumb.jpg.0db5da43d479999527a4e09e2f8054ea.jpg

I'm also not that keen on the UK entry :no:

4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

In Poland we have a problem because there is already Blanca with her song Solo (actually I think it reminds Mae Muller sound - well the lyrics are rather "stupid").

The verdict has been very badly received - even with accusations of being faked and imposed by the Polish National TV.

Probably there will be a change and Jann will represent Poland - he is the big audience favorite.

And here is Jann

Well I agree Jann's song is better, but not sure about the video :blink:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I like Jann much more than that girl :aah:

17 minutes ago, silver said:

No idea what it's about but I like it

The guy found his future bride and they will get married by the sun and the moon ( that's the song's title - The Sun And The Moon)... not sure if it makes any sense but it doesn't sound bad, indeed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kath said:

I’m afraid that the UK entry just sounds like ‘YoYo’ to me. I can literally sing the lyrics of YoYo in parts of it. 

I've had several people write that to me as well. I didn't hear it at first, but I do now - can't unhear it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 3:01 AM, SusanT said:

https://www.sanmarinortv.sm/news/cultura-c6/eurovision-2023-mae-muller-grazie-per-il-vostro-sostegno-a-san-marino-a239158

This is an interview in English with Mae Muller. She's asked about her participation in Mika's GK video.

Thank you !

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 4:27 PM, silver said:

Meh. Her voice grates on me. Catchy, but that's all. 

On 3/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Oh my god! I take back what I said in the other thread. That was awful! 

On 3/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And here is Jann

I like it, reminds of a couple of other songs, but it's not really Eurovision material.