MIKA Rejoins The Voice France in 2024 for Season 13

dcdeb

Are we forming a queue to find out? Over here Mika! Michelle's next! :naughty:

What? You're tiny, he'll be fine. He can't try lifting me, there's a tour soon, we want him fit!

3 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Woah this is insane!! Must have been incredible to see that live.

Mika freaking out and shouting "f**k me" in the middle of it is a mood!! 

It was. I have to say that live it was even more powerful and emotional. She most definitely stood out! 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Woah this is insane!! Must have been incredible to see that live.

Mika freaking out and shouting "f**k me" in the middle of it is a mood!! 

I am not sure if it was really at that moment. This Mika's reaction doesn't fit to the whole image. He was very calm during the whole song. (and other coaches as well). Seems like an edit from another performance when he pressed the buzzer. Il looks like he was going to press the button (what he already did during the first minute of the song).

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am not sure if it was really at that moment. This Mika's reaction doesn't fit to the whole image. He was very calm during the whole song. (and other coaches as well). Seems like an edit from another performance when he pressed the buzzer. Il looks like he was going to press the button (what he already did during the first minute of the song).

I guess they cut it together in the way that suits them best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

You’re right, I was thinking this too. He was mostly calm during most of the auditions. Then again; I only saw him from the back, (so as he hadn’t turned around yet). I didn’t actually see his reaction as soon as he had turned around to face her. 

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I guess they cut it together in the way that suits them best.

Oh that's annoying. If he has a strong reaction, the least they can do is show it for the right singer. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Oh that's annoying. If he has a strong reaction, the least they can do is show it for the right singer. 

After all, there's a reason why all the judges wear the same clothes at all the auditions: so that the makers can edit all the auditions as they wish.

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Prisca said:

After all, there's a reason why all the judges wear the same clothes at all the auditions: so that the organisers can edit all the auditions as they wish.

Yeah but I always thought that was so they could change the order around. Making us think he, or any coach, had a reaction like that to a different singer is just lying. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hero said:

Yeah but I always thought that was so they could change the order around.

Yes, that will be the main reason.

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Making us think he, or any coach, had a reaction like that to a different singer is just lying. 

I think so too. I wasn't there, so I can't judge whether Mika's reaction was really to another singer...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hero said:

Yeah but I always thought that was so they could change the order around. Making us think he, or any coach, had a reaction like that to a different singer is just lying. 

I couldn't and didn’t see his face nor reaction when the chair was turned around to face the candidate (we don’t hear the judges speak actually, you only hear this on TV). So it could very well be his genuine reaction at that moment. 

What Anna pointed out was that his demeanor was overall calm during the auditions, which I can concur. So I think we were both surprised to see a strong reaction like that in this clip. However, the recording is a loooong one and to be fair, this candidate was exceptionally good and I think we can all agree that we only had eyes for her. Especially since we can’t see nor hear the judges. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I couldn't and didn’t see his face nor reaction when the chair was turned around to face the candidate (we don’t hear the judges speak actually, you only hear this on TV). So it could very well be his genuine reaction at that moment. 

What Anna pointed out was that his demeanor was overall calm during the auditions, which I can concur. So I think we were both surprised to see a strong reaction like that in this clip. However, the recording is a loooong one and to be fair, this candidate was exceptionally good and I think we can all agree that we only had eyes for her. Especially since we can’t see nor hear the judges. 

It depends on where you sit. If you are not sitting in the centre, but at the side seats, you can see the judges when they have not yet turned around and when they have turned around (not as close as on television, of course). If you sit closer to the judges, you can hear the judges when they are talking (I had trouble, but the people next to me could hear them).

Edited by Prisca
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Prisca said:

It depends on where you sit. If you are not sitting in the centre, but at the side seats, you can see the judges when they have not yet turned around and when they have turned around (not as close as on television, of course). If you sit closer to the judges, you can hear the jurors when they are talking (I had trouble, but the people next to me could hear them).

I was sitting in the center in the last row (right underneath one of the cameras), so I couldn’t hear them. Besides, you know how proficient my French is (non-existent :biggrin2:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I was sitting in the center in the last row (right underneath one of the cameras), so I couldn’t hear them. Besides, you know how proficient my French is (non-existent :biggrin2:)

I didn't doubt your statement. 😅Yes, at the centre you can't see the judges when they have turned around and so far back, you won't hear anything either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Ah, thank you! I misunderstood Anna's post. Watching it again, paying attention to his sightline and the background lighting placement, I'm inclined to think it's genuine. At least, I hope so. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hero said:

Ah, thank you! I misunderstood Anna's post. Watching it again, paying attention to his sightline and the background lighting placement, I'm inclined to think it's genuine. At least, I hope so. 

I’m pretty sure it is, he was truly enamoured by her from the get-go. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 11:18 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

First video with a talent.

I remember the judges called her A Sorceress. She put the spell on us all in the studio.

But her real name is Olema.

I wish I could have goose bumps during a song, but I can't. I should probably have goose bumps here, but I didn't, not with any song, not with any singer. It's estimated that between 30% and 50% of people don't have this sensation, although I often feel like I'm the only one. Makes me sad right now. :sad:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Prisca said:

I wish I could have goose bumps during a song, but I can't. I should probably have goose bumps here, but I didn't, not with any song, not with any singer. It's estimated that between 30% and 50% of people don't have this sensation, although I often feel like I'm the only one. Makes me sad right now. :sad:

:hug:

Honestly, it's impressively performed, but not one I'd rush to listen to again. It's a bit cold. Best part for me is towards the end, the bit where Nikos reacts. 

But I see online people are raving about her, so... :dunno_grin: Maybe once I've heard a couple of songs. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Prisca said:

10 hours ago, Hero said:

:hug:

Honestly, it's impressively performed, but not one I'd rush to listen to again. It's a bit cold. Best part for me is towards the end, the bit where Nikos reacts. 

But I see online people are raving about her, so... :dunno_grin: Maybe once I've heard a couple of songs. 

I definitely get goosebumps during songs (a lot of Mika's, in particular), but not for this one. I don't doubt that she sounded great live, but in this recording she wouldn't have convinced me (or were the others before her so bad?! 🙈) - at least definitely not as fast as she convinced the judges. She's a good singer, but not "wow!" for me. But I'm not a big fan of this song either, maybe that's one reason. It was always one I skipped when it came on the radio.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mellody said:

I definitely get goosebumps during songs (a lot of Mika's, in particular), but not for this one. I don't doubt that she sounded great live, but in this recording she wouldn't have convinced me (or were the others before her so bad?! 🙈)

I wasn't there, but wasn't she the first to perform?