MIKA Rejoins The Voice France in 2024 for Season 13

dcdeb

3 hours ago, mellody said:

@Manuela Ganzerla I think I recognize her in the video, but not sure, I wasn't there.

I definitely see Manuela there, but I'm not sure if there were any other Italians present.

As I look at all these videos, though, I have to say it's a shame that so many crowded around him -- those stuck in the back of the group didn't have a chance to speak to him at all, and I imagine they couldn't really hear over all the other talking, because I even have trouble hearing what's being said. We have this problem nearly every time, and it's a shame - I wish there was a way to organize these informal gatherings a bit better. I guess it's the control freak in me, but I think it's much better to line up and wait for him to work his way down the line, that way everyone gets the chance to have a few words with him. :dunno:  I hope it goes better tonight, if he even comes out after the recording.

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I definitely see Manuela there, but I'm not sure if there were any other Italians present.

As I look at all these videos, though, I have to say it's a shame that so many crowded around him -- those stuck in the back of the group didn't have a chance to speak to him at all, and I imagine they couldn't really hear over all the other talking, because I even have trouble hearing what's being said. We have this problem nearly every time, and it's a shame - I wish there was a way to organize these informal gatherings a bit better. I guess it's the control freak in me, but I think it's much better to line up and wait for him to work his way down the line, that way everyone gets the chance to have a few words with him. :dunno:  I hope it goes better tonight, if he even comes out after the recording.

Hmm, when I met him there a few years ago, people were standing to both sides of the exit and he went along the lines. Of course also there were a few rows of people, it's never just one line because there just isn't space for that. Not sure if there had been some sort of barriers / rope, or if security had just told us to stand on the sides, but it worked well then, although I think it was more fans. :dunno_grin:

Doesn't look extremely crowded to me here in the video, it looks a lot more relaxed than some other m&g's. He seems to have space for the most part and you can see he's also adressing people in the back with what he says... I read that he took time for everyone, so I hope everyone had a good time there. :thumb_yello:

A question to those who were at the recording, which colour did his suit have? :teehee:  The clip he reposted is black-and-white, so I can't tell. 😅

Edit: Ah there it is! :biggrin2: looks golden! :wub2:

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

I look at all these videos, though, I have to say it's a shame that so many crowded around him -- those stuck in the back of the group didn't have a chance to speak to him at all, and I imagine they couldn't really hear over all the other talking, because I even have trouble hearing what's being said. We have this problem nearly every time, and it's a shame - I wish there was a way to organize these informal gatherings a bit better. I guess it's the control freak in me, but I think it's much better to line up and wait for him to work his way down the line, that way everyone gets the chance to have a few words with him. :dunno:  I hope it goes better tonight, if he even comes out after the recording.

13 minutes ago, mellody said:

Hmm, when I met him there a few years ago, people were standing to both sides of the exit and he went along the lines. Of course also there were a few rows of people, it's never just one line because there just isn't space for that. Not sure if there had been some sort of barriers / rope, or if security had just told us to stand on the sides, but it worked well then, although I think it was more fans. :dunno_grin:

Doesn't look extremely crowded to me here in the video, it looks a lot more relaxed than some other m&g's. He seems to have space for the most part and you can see he's also adressing people in the back with what he says... I read that he took time for everyone, so I hope everyone had a good time there. :thumb_yello:

It certainly looks relaxed, and he seems comfortable. But there is some jostling going on. What I've noticed a few times at different events, and again here, are the people shuffling around to keep in front of him, even after he's spoken to them. That's not fair on the others waiting their turn. 

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, mellody said:

Apparently everyone didn't have a good time, if you read some of the posts on social media. It's not frantic, like some of these meet-ups are, and people aren't crushed against him, but people are clustered close in front of him, so if you're not near the front or tall you can't see or hear him too well. I don't like to preach, and I know it's a losing battle because fans will be fans, but speaking from experience, it's so much nicer if everyone stands back at bit and lets Mika walk over to them so they can each have a turn. How much better it is if he's able to speak to you face to face, instead of shouting over a group of chattering fans. I'm just trying to remind everyone to take a second and check that they are being as mindful of those around them as they could be.

26 minutes ago, Hero said:

It certainly looks relaxed, and he seems comfortable. But there is some jostling going on. What I've noticed a few times at different events, and again here, are the people shuffling around to keep in front of him, even after he's spoken to them. That's not fair on the others waiting their turn. 

Yes, that's it exactly. If he's spoken to you, gotten your gift, or whatever, move aside. I know there's never quite enough of the "Mika pie" to go around, but if we're all a little more considerate of each other, we all might get a little taste. :licks_lips:

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

it's so much nicer if everyone stands back at bit and lets Mika walk over to them so they can each have a turn. How much better it is if he's able to speak to you face to face, instead of shouting over a group of chattering fans. I'm just trying to remind everyone to take a second and check that they are being as mindful of those around them as they could be.

I absolutely loved how respectful the Korean and Japanese fans were: lining up and awaiting their turn. No shouting over eachother and he took his time to go along the line. Wish it was like that everywhere. 

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Creepy yes, but Mika Pie? One BIG slice please! :biggrin2:

See, this is what we're talking about. It's tiny pieces, to be shared out evenly. No hogging. :wags_finger:

Getting back on track... Is that suit gold or more acid yellow/citrus? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hero said:

Way to make it creepy Deb! :lol3:

:naughty:

I didn't mean to make it weird, but I kinda like that metaphor. Sorry!

8 minutes ago, Hero said:

See, this is what we're talking about. It's tiny pieces, to be shared out evenly. No hogging. :wags_finger:

Getting back on track... Is that suit gold or more acid yellow/citrus? 

It looks like a sickly yellow/green to me. :puking: But with Mika's coloring, it works. But what is Zazie wearing? It sort of looks like a throwback to something Stevie Nicks might have worn, she just needs the top hat! (It's just a different look for her, I'm used to seeing her in pants, I guess.)

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

But what is Zazie wearing

Wait, there was someone else in that pic, apart from Mika? :blink: :naughty: He's shining so brightly that I didn't notice what anyone else was wearing or doing in that pic. :dunno_grin: 

Hm ok lime green then. I love how shiny it is! Mika, my favourite lime. :wub2:

lemon lime GIF

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Wait, there was someone else in that pic, apart from Mika? :blink: :naughty: He's shining so brightly that I didn't notice what anyone else was wearing or doing in that pic. :dunno_grin: 

Hm ok lime green then. I love how shiny it is! Mika, my favourite lime. :wub2:

lemon lime GIF

At least you didn't ask me who Stevie Nicks is. :lol3: 

I guess we need to see the suit under bright studio light, maybe it looks more golden then.

• Like 3

Pure Break

https://www.chartsinfrance.net/The-Voice/news-126764.html

The Voice : on a assisté aux auditions à l'aveugle, que nous réserve la nouvelle saison ?

Attendue début 2024, la 13ème saison de "The Voice" verra Mika faire son retour, tandis que Vianney, Bigflo & Oli et Zazie rempilent. Les tournages ont démarré hier près de Paris, et Purecharts a assisté aux premières auditions à l'aveugle. Casting, ambiance, coach surprise... On vous raconte les dessous de cette édition !

Quelques mois après la victoire d'Aurélien Vivos, "The Voice" écrit une nouvelle page de son histoire. Et pas n'importe laquelle ! Le télécrochet, à l'antenne depuis 2012, proposera sa 13ème saison en début d'année sur TF1. Après une belle édition niveau audiences, il va falloir confirmer tout en continuant de surprendre le public. Pas si simple ! Les tournages viennent de commencer aux studios du Lendit, et la rédaction de Purecharts a eu le plaisir d'assister aux premières auditions à l'aveugle hier après-midi. Alors, que faut-il en attendre ? Sans surprise, sur le plateau, les coachs s'entendent à merveille malgré l'heure de retard sur le planning. La dynamique en place promet de beaux moments de télévision, comme souvent. Entre l'humour aiguisé de Bigflo (en contradiction avec le calme d'Oli), le naturel désarmant de Zazie, la folie douce de MIKA (et son costume flashy), qui fait son grand retour, ou encore les avis cash mais justes de Vianney, toujours plein de bienveillance, les téléspectateurs seront en terrain conquis. Un peu trop ? Peut-être.

"La concurrence va être rude !"

Le casting devrait une nouvelle fois faire vivre de nombreuses émotions aux coachs et aux téléspectateurs. La production a d'ailleurs reçu 58.000 candidatures et seuls 105 talents ont cette année le privilège d'accéder aux auditions à l'aveugle. Evidemment, ça chante bien, très bien même. Mais dans l'ensemble, le casting présenté hier après-midi n'a pas eu d'effet wow, même si forcément quelques OVNI sont de la partie. Les coachs parlent d'ailleurs tous un par un après les performances, si bien que les débriefs traînent parfois en longueur, mais on fait confiance à la production pour rythmer le tout à l'antenne avec un montage efficace. « La concurrence va être rude ! » redoute Bigflo dans son fauteuil, bluffé par le talent d'orateurs de ses collègues coachs, dont Zazie, qui va tout rafler lors de cette première session. Un véritable strike ! Redoutables, les cinq professionnels n'en oublient pas de faire le show, comme lorsqu'ils quittent tous le plateau en sentant que MIKA va gagner le talent qu'ils convoitent, que Zazie se lève en agitant sa jupe noire, que MIKA se trompe dans les expressions françaises (« Tu cases toutes les coches ») ou que Vianney bloque Zazie, dont le fauteuil se retourne alors, après avoir confondu le Danemark et les Pays-Bas, entre deux vannes de ses complices.

"La fausse note la plus spectaculaire"

Si la bienveillance des coachs de "The Voice" peut en agacer certains, ils prouvent cette année qu'ils peuvent aussi être intransigeants. De nombreux talents ont alors la surprise de ne voir se retourner personne, malgré des prestations vocales solides. Si Florent Pagny et Amel Bent avaient été là, leur sort aurait été tout autre. Et dans leurs commentaires, MIKA ou Vianney n'hésitent pas à donner leur avis avec honnêteté. « J'ai entendu beaucoup de choses bien et beaucoup de choses pas bien » lance le dandy anglais, relevant même « la note fausse la plus spectaculaire de (sa) vie ». Quand une candidate reprend un titre écrit par Vianney pour Mentissa, le coach se montre très franc : « Je ne conseille pas cette chanson pour des auditions ». Il dit aussi à une autre jeune chanteuse en herbe qu'elle « ne maîtrise pas » ses capacités à cause de son âge, déclenchant un avis contraire chez Zazie. Il va donc y avoir du débat et de la franchise !

Mais, si on peut craindre que "The Voice" ronronne un peu après 13 saisons, un ingrédient va venir dynamiter la saison. Il s'appelle Camille Lellouche. Révélée dans l'émission en 2015, la chanteuse, humoriste et comédienne devient cette année coach surprise avec la mission délicate de repêcher huit candidats non retenus par ses pairs, tandis qu'ils seront au coeur d'une compétition parallèle sur TF1+ intitulée "The Voice, Comeback". Une très bonne idée, si la production joue le jeu pour bousculer ses codes. Depuis les coulisses, où est installé le set de Camille Lellouche, on l'entend se réjouir ou s'insurger quand les coachs donnent leurs avis. « Mais ça va pas ou quoi ? », « Ne vous retournez pas ! » ou « Zazie, c'est la Reine ! » lâche-t-elle, entre deux punchlines hilarantes qui s'entendent un peu trop sur le plateau. Elle débarque même en trombe lorsqu'un talent n'est pas sélectionné par les 5 coachs pour prendre la lumière et s'intégrer dans la grosse mécanique. Elle repêche ensuite une candidate de 19 ans qui a offert une prestation impeccable sur un tube de Beyoncé, qui n'a étrangement pas convaincu Vianney, Zazie, MIKA et Bigflo & Oli. Clivante, l'exubérance de Camille Lellouche pourra irriter, mais qu'on se le dise : elle va faire le show ! Et "The Voice" en a sans aucun doute besoin.

Google translator

The Voice: we attended the blind auditions, what does the new season have in store for us?

Expected in early 2024, the 13th season of “The Voice” will see Mika make his return, while Vianney, Bigflo & Oli and Zazie are back. Filming started yesterday near Paris, and Purecharts attended the first blind auditions. Casting, atmosphere, surprise coach... We'll tell you the inside scoop on this edition!

A few months after Aurélien Vivos' victory, "The Voice" writes a new page in its history. And not just any one! The telecrochet, on the air since 2012, will offer its 13th season at the start of the year on TF1. After a great edition in terms of audiences, we will have to confirm while continuing to surprise the public. Not that easy ! Filming has just started at the Lendit studios, and the Purecharts editorial team had the pleasure of attending the first blind auditions yesterday afternoon. So, what should we expect? Unsurprisingly, on set, the coaches get along wonderfully despite being an hour behind schedule. The dynamic in place promises great moments of television, as often. Between the sharp humor of Bigflo (in contradiction with the calm of Oli), the disarming naturalness of Zazie, the gentle madness of MIKA (and his flashy costume), which is making a comeback, or even the honest but fair opinions of Vianney, always full of kindness, viewers will be on conquered territory. A bit too much ? Maybe.

“The competition is going to be tough!”

The casting should once again bring many emotions to coaches and viewers. The production also received 58,000 applications and this year only 105 talents have the privilege of accessing the blind auditions. Obviously, it sings well, very well even. But overall, the casting presented yesterday afternoon did not have a wow effect, even if inevitably a few UFOs were there. The coaches all speak one by one after the performances, so that the debriefs sometimes drag on, but we trust the production to punctuate everything on the air with effective editing. “The competition is going to be tough! » dreads Bigflo in his chair, amazed by the speaking talent of his fellow coaches, including Zazie, who will win everything during this first session. A real strike! Formidable, the five professionals do not forget to put on a show, as when they all leave the set feeling that MIKA is going to win the talent they covet, that Zazie gets up waving her black skirt, that MIKA is wrong in French expressions (“You check all the boxes”) or that Vianney blocks Zazie, whose chair then turns around, after having confused Denmark and the Netherlands, between two valves of his accomplices.

“The most spectacular false note”

If the benevolence of the coaches of “The Voice” may annoy some, they prove this year that they can also be uncompromising. Many talents are then surprised to see no one turn around, despite solid vocal performances. If Florent Pagny and Amel Bent had been there, their fate would have been completely different. And in their comments, MIKA or Vianney do not hesitate to give their honest opinion. “I’ve heard a lot of good things and a lot of bad things,” says the English dandy, even noting “the most spectacular false note of (his) life.” When a candidate covers a song written by Vianney for Mentissa, the coach is very frank: “I do not recommend this song for auditions”. He also tells another young aspiring singer that she "doesn't master" her abilities because of her age, triggering a contrary opinion from Zazie. So there will be debate and frankness!

But, if we can fear that “The Voice” will purr a little after 13 seasons, an ingredient will come to dynamite the season. His name is Camille Lellouche. Revealed in the show in 2015, the singer, comedian and actress becomes this year a surprise coach with the delicate mission of drafting eight candidates not selected by her peers, while they will be at the heart of a parallel competition on TF1+ entitled "The Voice, Comeback. A very good idea, if production plays the game to shake up its codes. From behind the scenes, where Camille Lellouche's set is installed, we can hear her rejoicing or rebelling when the coaches give their opinions. “But it’s not okay or what? ", "Don't look back! » or “Zazie, she’s the Queen!” » she blurts out, between two hilarious punchlines that are heard a little too much on set. She even arrives with a bang when a talent is not selected by the 5 coaches to take the spotlight and integrate into the big mechanics. She then drafted a 19-year-old candidate who gave an impeccable performance on a Beyoncé hit, which strangely did not convince Vianney, Zazie, MIKA and Bigflo & Oli. Dividing, Camille Lellouche's exuberance may irritate, but let it be said: she is going to put on a show! And “The Voice” undoubtedly needs it.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Hi! sorry, no time so far to read the forum! I am reading this thread now. I was actually speaking about this with the French girls yesterday.

Me and Manuela were the only 2 italians that night. We were all waiting for him at the exit (no barriers)

Personally I have waited at the gate without moving from there and other fans were waiting in the area around the exit. So when Mika walked to us I didn't take any step or pushed, I was just standing where I was. Many fans came forward with their gifts, calling his name loudly. I didn't know every face, maybe some of them were fans located in France who were at the recording that night, Idk

He thanked Manuela for her gift and I was able to say few words about a special performance made by a contestant, he agreed with me that it was amazing! at that point he said that the italian presence warmed his heart (I didn't expect him to say something like this, lol). Then I stepped back to let other people talk to him and I realize that he was surrounded by some very "excited" fans... it reminded me a little bit of the London M&G at the Royal Festival Hall

Then he said he's happy to be supported by fans during the releasing of the album and also said "aiutate le italiane". I suppose he's hoping to have more support from the Italians during this phase...and maybe he's feeling that the italian audience is not following him like before.  At this point I was at least 4 or 5 meters from him but when he said goodbye he looked at me again and smiled. This was very sweet from him and I think he recognizes who is respectful and who is not

Btw, I noticed that unfortunately some fans can't control their excitement.

Edited by Chiara 83
  • Like 7

44 minutes ago, Chiara 83 said:

it reminded me a little bit of the London M&G at the Royal Festival Hall

I got exactly the same feeling as in London as well :doh:

44 minutes ago, Chiara 83 said:

Then he said he's happy to be supported by fans during the releasing of the album and also said "aiutate le italiane"

From what I understood, he meant that French fans to help the Italians with translation of what he said, I remember he did the same a few years ago after some The Voice recording :wink2:  

Edited by krysady
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, krysady said:

I got exactly the same feeling as in London as well :doh:

From what I understood, he meant that French fans to help the Italians with translation of what he said, I remember he did the same a few years ago after some The Voice recording :wink2:  

Well, few minutes before we were talking about the fact that only 2 italians were there so I assumed that he was meaning that he needs more support from the italians in this releasing phase. He said in italian " per le italiane: dovete aiutarle!" 

I didn't intepret like we need translations

I think he was simply surprised to see only 2 italians, when in the past outside the Voice there were many. 

Maybe some others will attend the next recordings, travelling is expensive and it's not always possible:wink2:

Edited by Chiara 83
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Chiara 83 said:

Well, few minutes before we were talking about the fact that only 2 italians were there so I assumed that he was meaning that he needs more support from the italians in this releasing phase. He said in italian " per le italiane: dovete aiutarle!" 

I didn't intepret like we need translations

I think he was simply surprised to see only 2 italians, when in the past outside the Voice there were many. 

Maybe some others will attend the next recordings, travelling is expensive and it's not always possible:wink2:

I guess with the album release so shortly after the Voice, many fans hope that he might do some things around the release, where they can come to see him. There's only few fans who absolutely love the casting shows, especially of the international ones - it's more like a chance to see Mika, and if there are other chances that involve his music, many fans prefer that. At least that's how it is for me. I guess some of us also still hope to win places for the album prelistening next week, and a week later it's already December 1st, so travelling to Paris just for The Voice maybe isn't as attractive as it was when there was nothing Mika-related in sight. :dunno_grin:

I guess I still might have gone if I hadn't had surgery for a tooth implant today. Sitting on the couch, ice pack on my cheek, and not going anywhere the next 2-3 days. :no:

But happy to read here about everyone's experienes. :fangurl:

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, mellody said:

I guess with the album release so shortly after the Voice, many fans hope that he might do some things around the release, where they can come to see him. There's only few fans who absolutely love the casting shows, especially of the international ones - it's more like a chance to see Mika, and if there are other chances that involve his music, many fans prefer that. At least that's how it is for me. I guess some of us also still hope to win places for the album prelistening next week, and a week later it's already December 1st, so travelling to Paris just for The Voice maybe isn't as attractive as it was when there was nothing Mika-related in sight. :dunno_grin:

I guess I still might have gone if I hadn't had surgery for a tooth implant today. Sitting on the couch, ice pack on my cheek, and not going anywhere the next 2-3 days. :no:

But happy to read here about everyone's experienes. :fangurl:

Break a leg for your surgery Karin!

yes, the Album pre-listening is definitely more interesting, but not possible for me because next week I have to work, so I decided to come to Paris for the Voice

And yes, hopefully in the next few months more fans will have the chance to meet Mika, I suppose he will do many nice events:wink2:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mellody said:

Ouch, that sounds sore. :sad: Sending you lots of healing thoughts, hope you feel better soon! :hug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also, as an Italian fan, noticed that Italy has a Little bit Lost interest in him. It Is so sad and It does not make sense for me because he has released good music since My name Is Michael Holbrook and also some of his songs After, even the French songs...italian radio seems not to be so interested in his music and nowadays there are a lot of new artists coming from talent shows or Sanremo that take the whole scene. I have the impression that great part of italian radios Is fixed at 2015 with his music and that has not supported enough his work, also my name Is Michael Holbrook that for me Is a masterpiece. It Is a pity because It seems that even if he continues to make good music he has more difficulty to be noticed, i don' t know if It Is a problem with promotion or maybe only a question of musical tastes. Anyway i think we can continue to support him in every country and that Mika ' s strenght Is also the fact that he has roots in different countries 

• Like 7