MIKA Rejoins The Voice France in 2024 for Season 13

dcdeb

Just out of interest, are you allowed to take food or water in with you? Or are there toilet/refreshment breaks during filming - I guess for the cast and crew too? 

Can you take a cushion to sit on? 

Are there seating allocations or is it first come, first served? 

Curious as to how these things work. 

47 minutes ago, Hero said:

Just out of interest, are you allowed to take food or water in with you? Or are there toilet/refreshment breaks during filming - I guess for the cast and crew too? 

Can you take a cushion to sit on? 

Are there seating allocations or is it first come, first served? 

Curious as to how these things work. 

It's been a long time since I was there, 2018 I think, so I might not remember everything correctly and/or they've changed things meanwhile. From what I remember, we got water and (awful) sandwiches from them. There were a few short breaks. The places were unreserved, I think it was first come first served for the auditions. In the live shows they told you which area you had to go to, but the auditions was a small studio, everything was pretty close. I don't know about a cushion. I think it was some carpet-type thing, so it wasn't completely hard, but sitting there for hours wasn't exactly comfortable. Anyway you're not allowed to bring phones or bags inside, have to leave them at the coat check. I think water was allowed inside, and you could bring small snacks, something you can put in your pocket and just put it in your mouth from there in a moment when the camera isn't filming in your direction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

It's been a long time since I was there, 2018 I think, so I might not remember everything correctly and/or they've changed things meanwhile. From what I remember, we got water and (awful) sandwiches from them. There were a few short breaks. The places were unreserved, I think it was first come first served for the auditions. In the live shows they told you which area you had to go to, but the auditions was a small studio, everything was pretty close. I don't know about a cushion. I think it was some carpet-type thing, so it wasn't completely hard, but sitting there for hours wasn't exactly comfortable. Anyway you're not allowed to bring phones or bags inside, have to leave them at the coat check. I think water was allowed inside, and you could bring small snacks, something you can put in your pocket and just put it in your mouth from there in a moment when the camera isn't filming in your direction.

That's interesting, thanks! :thumb_yello: And I think it was said previously about restrictions on clothing - no whites or greens, or stripes?

Either way, pockets are good! 

23 hours ago, Hero said:

That's interesting, thanks! :thumb_yello: And I think it was said previously about restrictions on clothing - no whites or greens, or stripes?

Either way, pockets are good! 

I think so, but they will tell you that in the confirmation mail.

They've added Tuesday evening 6pm and apparently they opened all the shows for entries again. https://emissions-tv.com/emissions/681/the_voice 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Hero 

There are hostesses who  take small groups of people to their seats.

Sometimes it's possible to negociate the area you want to go , sometimes it's not

Last time I went there ,If they were taking us to some stairs we were seated in the main stand behind the coaches seats. Otherwise the "floor" way was to smaller stands aside .

Note that once you've got a place they still can ask you to move if some area are not as full as they want or any other reasons

I think you'd better find and queue withs fans who know the place and process . I'm not going to any of the first recordings but I'm quite sure Nina will be there along with the Parisian French girls.

As @mellody said you have to leave all your belongings at the cloakroom because there is a security searching .

You'll have to wait quite a lot outside after the cloakroom , so you can take a sweater and use it as a cushion once you're inside .From what I remembered , you can't take your own beverage but they give some water at some point.  You can have a (not so good) sandwich but you're supposed to finish it before they start to film .But some small snaks are ok if you don't make noise with the papers :teehee:

There are some toilets breaks but you have to be quick .( for the live recordings it's not allowed ) . You have toilets at the entry , you'd better go before the recording .

About the dress code they encourage colourfull clothes , but no stripes and no big logos 

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, carafon said:

@Hero 

Sometimes it's possible to negociate the area you want to go , sometimes it's not

Last time I went there ,If they were taking us to some stairs we were seated in the main stand behind the coaches seats. Otherwise the "floor" way was to smaller stands aside .

I think you'd better find and queue withs fans who know the place and process . I'm not going to any of the first recordings but I'm quite sure Nina will be there along with the Parisian French girls.

As @mellody said you have to leave all your belongings at the cloakroom because there is a security searching .

You'll have to wait quite a lot outside after the cloakroom , so you can take a sweater and use it as a cushion once you're inside .From what I remembered , you can't take your own beverage but they give some water at some point.  You can have a (not so good) sandwich but you're supposed to finish it before they start to film .But some small snaks are ok if you don't make noise with the papers :teehee:

There are some toilets breaks but you have to be quick .( for the live recordings it's not allowed ) . You have toilets at the entry , you'd better go before the recording .

About the dress code they encourage colourfull clothes , but no stripes and no big logos 

I went to the recording of the final in 2021 (right before the philharmonic concerts) and this is very accurate. Although the recording was „only“ from 18.00 until midnight back then. We weren’t offered anything to drink nor was it possible to have a bathroom break, because they were filming continuously. They did offer the sandwich though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I went to the recording of the final in 2021 (right before the philharmonic concerts) and this is very accurate. Although the recording was „only“ from 18.00 until midnight back then. We weren’t offered anything to drink nor was it possible to have a bathroom break, because they were filming continuously. They did offer the sandwich though. 

They are less strict for pre recording sessions and the studio is not at the same place (even more sinister area , especialy at night :dog:

But it's still very long ! Especially what they call "aplause sessions" without the coaches , just Nikos recording sentences for the after show ......long , boring .....:naughty:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, carafon said:

@Hero 

Note that once you've got a place they still can ask you to move if some area are not as full as they want or any other reasons

Thanks so much, that's really useful info! Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to go ☹️, but hopefully it'll be useful for others going for the first time. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Sorry, that made me laugh. Locked in a room for 6 hours, no toilet, no water, but here, eat this manky sandwich! :lol3:

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Hero said:

Sorry, that made me laugh. Locked in a room for 6 hours, no toilet, no water, but here, eat this manky sandwich! :lol3:

This is a perfect sum up :lol3: we were however offered the sandwich before recording and had to finish it before entering the studio, so it was more like this: 

Stuff the manky sandwich in the cold outside, so we can lock you in a room for 6 hours without toilet and water!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

This is a perfect sum up :lol3: we were however offered the sandwich before recording and had to finish it before entering the studio, so it was more like this: 

Stuff the manky sandwich in the cold outside, so we can lock you in a room for 6 hours without toilet and water!

You make it sound SO appealing! :lmfao: 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Hero said:

Thanks so much, that's really useful info! Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to go ☹️, but hopefully it'll be useful for others going for the first time. :thumb_yello:

Oh nooooo..... I thought it was for yourself 🤣

• Like 1

Ok, I haven't dared to ask for a day off at work for a long time, I have now asked and got the day off. I made the request to Emissions TV on Tuesday and the reply was: "Your request has been taken into account. You will be contacted quickly by our team." 

I haven't heard anything yet. Do any of you know from experience approximately how long you have to wait for an acceptance or rejection? :wait:

53 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Ok, I haven't dared to ask for a day off at work for a long time, I have now asked and got the day off. I made the request to Emissions TV on Tuesday and the reply was: "Your request has been taken into account. You will be contacted quickly by our team." 

I haven't heard anything yet. Do any of you know from experience approximately how long you have to wait for an acceptance or rejection? :wait:

Till Tuesday the 7th of November.

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2023 at 5:43 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

They do give you bottles of water inside, well they do when it's hot and you can have the :chkn: sandwiches :das:but you have to go with nothing but your clothes (no handbag, no phone) some people tried to hide their phones in their socks but they were found out :lmfao:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Mika and Zazie get great fit of laughte4 together so that's a good placement :thumb_yello:

Yes, and Mika can get to know Bigflo & Oli better as they are sitting next to each other. :thumb_yello:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Fanny sent me these videos of the little meeting they had with Mika after today's long day of recording for The Voice. She said that Mika was the only one of the coaches to stop for a while. And she said that he acquired some really good talents during the blind auditions. :)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3