Apocalypse Calypso - Song and lyrics discussions

Juless

21 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

I agree, but I found the lyrics and melody to Let's Party” so much more moving than this song. After all these posts I went back and listened to it again. Sadly, to me, there is really nothing to the melody—not only no hook, but no depth—and the lyrics are so repetitive that they felt thin.

I find Last Party depressing and Apocalypse Calypso takes me so high I fly (like Tomorrow but in a different way anf even higher...I was afraid because I usually find French too "flat" but Mika shakes French up beautifully.

It's ok if we all don't feel the same way about Mika's songs. I think it depends on the way a song echoes in us both at the lyrics and mellody level which depends on our personal history/background/ears and many other things. I love it when I feel instant love for a song. And I'm a bit sad if I don't. But there are many songs to be released in this album so it's like a box of chocolate I'm sure you will love some songs that we don't have a clue aboht yet :itsok: And after that there will be an album in English as well :swoon:so don't worry :hug:

I am totally honeymooning when Mika releases a new album and each time I am bursting with joy because he takes me higher with each album. This guy is magic :mikalove:

There is a song dedicated to Mika's mum in the album. Maybe that one will be the one that will make yoh melt :wink2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

As a reaction and a way to resist to the end of the wotld get into a love bubble and make love with your loved one on repeat" is how I interpret it 

Suddenly this conversation is making me horribly sad.

(not blaming. My feelings.)

I mean, that is actually one of the lines I love, but it is so….nihilistic.

(I realize I have used the word sad previously in this discussion but what I really meant there was “ disappointed”.) 

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

Suddenly this conversation is making me horribly sad.

(not blaming. My feelings.)

(I realize I have used the word sad previously in this discussion but what I really meant there was “ disappointed”.) 

Humans are the only specie using words but words are not the best way to communicate... 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Humans are the only specie using words but words are not the best way to communicate... 

OT

Actually finding the right word for what I am trying to communicate is one of my favorite things in life!!:nerd:  
…. but Wrt communicating feelings or tone or intent on the internet, I totally agree!

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 3

Hello, Mika just answered some questions on Instagram riffx.fr, and one question about the meaning of Apocalypse Calypso, he said he wanted to write a romantic song, and for him the most romantic thing is making love in the middle of the Apocalypse… and his tournée 2024 will be like a Ball during or just after the apocalypse. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Valerie L said:

Hello, Mika just answered some questions on Instagram riffx.fr, and one question about the meaning of Apocalypse Calypso, he said he wanted to write a romantic song, and for him the most romantic thing is making love in the middle of the Apocalypse… and his tournée 2024 will be like a Ball during or just after the apocalypse. 

OMG. I love him but especially in this moment in time that is the most horrifying thing I have ever read.:jawdrop:

Edited by QueenBigFat

16 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

OMG. I love him but especially in this moment in time that is the most horrifying thing I have ever read.:jawdrop:

Why? I think it’s romantic and funny, like him… 

Edited by Valerie L
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, Valerie L said:

Look at us trying to interpret the depth of psychology and symbolism for this song.

And it’s really just and only about making love :lol3:

• Haha 8

With this album he feels freer, without complexes, without judgements, who are we to deny him this? He's 40 years old, it's only right that he can make this kind of more instinctive album! the historical period has nothing to do with it, he must not be influenced by what happens around him, the apocalypse for me does not concern the outside but are his negative moments that he wants to face by freeing himself from them through love and making love! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Valerie L said:

Why? I think it’s romantic and funny, like him… 

Yes, he is, for sure. And always finds the positive, and wants to join the world in love. Yes! But—as much as I find his persona, and his work, soothing and healing and wonderful, especially in these times, these times are, TBH, horrific, frightening and awful, especially for some, and for the earth.

We looked at various interpretations of the term, and his incorporation of the term, in previous pages of this discussion, but I actually was surprised at what he finally said. It's just too serious to be framed as an opportunity for an extremely romantic moment. It makes it feel minimized, even…made a joke of.

It's like….you know how, after a catastrophe, when a comedian makes a joke and everyone stares back and the comedian says, “too soon?” Like that, only—-during.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sara penny said:

With this album he feels freer, without complexes, without judgements, who are we to deny him this? He's 40 years old, it's only right that he can make this kind of more instinctive album! the historical period has nothing to do with it, he must not be influenced by what happens around him, the apocalypse for me does not concern the outside but are his negative moments that he wants to face by freeing himself from them through love and making love! 

But he is very aware of, and connected to, what happens in the world, as his statement about, and concert for, Beirut demonstrated. 

19 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

The post apocalypse bal remembers me the nightmare and skeletton sequences of the "imaginarium tour" 

Mika said several times that he likes dark things , and I'm sure the shows will be awesome  

Edited by carafon
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

It's like….you know how, after a catastrophe, when a comedian makes a joke and everyone stares back and the comedian says, “too soon?” Like that, only—-during.

But what if it is not about the world (and we just interpreted wayyyy too much into it), but just about him and his perspective? The Riffx interview actually confirms it. 
I personally don’t see anything wrong with it. I mean, he’s right, we should take it with more lightness, whatever we are facing. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Valerie L said:

:lmao: I laughed so hard when I heard this interview... 

His vision of the most romantic song is a song about sex during the end of the world...😂😂

So Mika! :lmfao:

Edited by L'inconnue35
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

HE SINGS THE F WORD! It’s official :lol3:

Parce que c'est (aussi)  ça la vie ......:naughty::teehee:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, Valerie L said:

@QueenBigFat, he wrote this album 2 years ago, said in différents interview he talk about his personal life, and I don’t think he’s in any ways involved in politics or what happened in the world… just enjoy the song, and don’t think to much 😊

That's a good point. But understand I am talking about this part of what I assume is a recent interview, only.

Lyric video is out now with ► Official “Apocalypse Calypso” lyrics:

Tant que l’on s’enlace on existe
On se rend immortel devant l’apocalypse
En faisant l’amour on résiste
Regarde-moi, prends-moi la main

Ma bouche, ton dos, sensuels à mort
Nos cœurs accros
On s’embrase dans les flammes
Quoi qu’ils en pensent des conséquences
Tes fesses, cette danse

Je serre ton corps si fort
Donne-moi la main

En dansant le calypso, apocalypse calypso
En dansant le calypso, ce calypso apocalyptique
Où est la calypso, apocalypse calypso, ce calypso apocalyptique

On brûle, la braise
Une bulle, on baise
Ta peau, ma peau le ciel à flot
Moi dans ton dos
On s’embrasse dans les flammes
Je serre ton corps si fort
Donne-moi la main

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

24 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Lyric video is out now with ► Official “Apocalypse Calypso” lyrics:

Ma bouche, ton dos, sensuels à mort
Nos cœurs accros
Quoi qu’ils en pensent des conséquences
Tes fesses, cette danse

Je sers ton corps si fort
Donne-moi la main

On brûle, la braise
Une bulle, on baise
Ta peau, ma peau le ciel à flot
Moi dans ton dos
Je sers ton corps si fort
Donne-moi la main

Thanks Deb for writing them down! I added them to the first post, along with the English translation (taken from a mix between Google translate and Anne's translation). I corrected the 2nd "embrase", because you had written "embrasse" - and as I learned in this thread, this means different things. :teehee: (we burst into flames vs we kiss in the flames)

• Like 2