Apocalypse Calypso - Song and lyrics discussions

Juless

4 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

I am not quoting myself as I do not want to bring any bad feelings from my previous post. But Mellody posted something in a different thread that made me need to say….I hope no one thinks I was criticizing Mika, himself, the human that he is, in my those posts. :no: The mere thought that my words might have been interpreted that way gives me the shivers.  I was criticizing a statement. Actually more reacting, emotionally, to a statement. Which I hope we are free to do here. Differing with what someone says or does is not the same as judging the person. 

Of course we all love Mika here :wub2: but we don't have to agree with everything he says or does. Each person can express how they feel and our feelings being different because of we all live different lives and we react in a different ways :thumb_yello: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 8:45 PM, Juless said:

Mika just annouced on his instagram that "Apocalypse Calypso" will release on Friday !! :excite: He said that he loves this song and "it's delicious".

We've already heard snippets of this song here and yesterday on the Que Ta Tête Fleurisse Toujours annoucement post!

For everyone to remember, here are the lyrics we already know for this song :

Tant que l'on s'enlace on existe,

On se rend immortel devant l'Apocalypse.

En faisant l'amour on résiste;

Regarde moi prend moi la main.

To quote him "Well, we've really started..." :thumb_yello:

Edit: Official lyrics video

Lyrics:

Tant que l’on s’enlace on existe
On se rend immortel devant l’apocalypse
En faisant l’amour on résiste
Regarde-moi, prends-moi la main

Ma bouche, ton dos, sensuels à mort
Nos cœurs accros
On s’embrase dans les flammes
Quoi qu’ils en pensent des conséquences
Tes fesses, cette danse
On s’embrase dans les flammes

Je serre ton corps si fort
Donne-moi la main

En dansant le calypso, apocalypse calypso
En dansant le calypso, ce calypso apocalyptique
Où est la calypso, apocalypse calypso, ce calypso apocalyptique

On brûle, la braise
Une bulle, on baise
Ta peau, ma peau le ciel à flot
Moi dans ton dos
On s’embrasse dans les flammes

Je serre ton corps si fort
Donne-moi la main

En dansant le calypso, apocalypse calypso
En dansant le calypso, ce calypso apocalyptique
Où est la calypso, apocalypse calypso, ce calypso apocalyptique

English translation: :uk: (thanks to crazyaboutmika & Google)

As long as we embrace each other we exist
We make ourselves immortal in the face of the apocalypse
By making love we resist
Look at me, take my hand

My mouth, your back, sensual to death
Our addicted hearts
We burst into flames
Whatever they think of the consequences
Your butt, this dance

We burst into flames

I hold your body so tight
Give me your hand

By making love we resist
Look at me, take my hand

Dancing the calypso, calypso apocalypse
By dancing calypso, this apocalyptic calypso
Where is the calypso, apocalypse calypso, this apocalyptic calypso

We're burning, the embers
A bubble, we f*ck
Your skin, my skin
the sky afloat
Me in your back
We kiss in the flames

I hold your body so tight
Give me your hand

By making love we resist
Look at me, take my hand

Dancing calypso, calypso apocalypse
By dancing calypso, this apocalyptic calypso
Where is the calypso, apocalypse calypso, this apocalyptic calypso

The lyrics are as beautiful as the mellody :swoon:I'm so in love with this song :mikalove:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

The lyrics are as beautiful as the mellody :swoon:I'm so in love with this song :mikalove:

I agree Anne. It's a beautiful song and a beautiful sentiment. :cloud: 

I love that Mika is in a place now where he feels comfortable and has the confidence  to make this. :wub2:

• Like 5

14 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

They fixed the "je serre" typo on the youtube video :wootjump:

20231026_091013.jpg

I thought that in the video it was je serre all the time, just in the text under the video it was wrong, but they've corrected that now. Also the embrase / embrasse, it's like in the video now, 2x embrase and 1x embrasse. :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mellody said:

I thought that in the video it was je serre all the time, just in the text under the video it was wrong, but they've corrected that now. Also the embrase / embrasse, it's like in the video now, 2x embrase and 1x embrasse. :thumb_yello:

Awesome :wootjump:

2 minutes ago, Hero said:

Quick question for French speakers - when he sings "donne-moi la main", why is it la and not ta?  :confused:

If French is like Italian, you don't put possessive adjectives before parts of the body. So even in Italian you would say, "Dammi la mano"  ( literally, give me the hand).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

If French is like Italian, you don't put possessive adjectives before parts of the body. So even in Italian you would say, "Dammi la mano"  ( literally, give me the hand).

I don't speak French but it's the same in Spanish. So it's probably common for all Romance languages. Actually, now when I'm thinking about it, even in Czech you would say "give me your hand" without "your" (sounds very strange with it, you usually only have your own hands anyway, it's also a common mistake in translations from English/German) so maybe it's rather something typical for Germanic languages. (Sorry, I studied linguistic and translation so I always think too much about these things... :lmfao:)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

I don't speak French but it's the same in Spanish. So it's probably common for all Romance languages. Actually, now when I'm thinking about it, even in Czech you would say "give me your hand" without "your" (sounds very strange with it, you usually only have your own hands anyway, it's also a common mistake in translations from English/German) so maybe it's rather something typical for Germanic languages. (Sorry, I studied linguistic and translation so I always think too much about these things... :lmfao:)

Languages are fascinating!  :original:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hero said:

Quick question for French speakers - when he sings "donne-moi la main", why is it la and not ta?  :confused:

We can say both, but it’s obvious that it’s your hand that is asked, so you don’t have to specific  « your »… 😄  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

"Donnes moi ta main" sounds more like a wedding proposal :wink2:

Aha, now that would (for me) be getting closer to "the most romantic song on earth", lol! :roftl:

Btw, I've been thinking a bit on how I could imagine this song in the live shows, and if you see it a bit broader, as in "being close to each other" and "dance together", maybe he will walk through the crowd for this song instead of Big Girl? I still don't find it very dance-able, but well, maybe Mika will show us the NOT-adults-only version of the Apocalypse Calypso dance in his shows. :teehee:

• Haha 4

On 10/28/2023 at 12:35 AM, mellody said:

Btw, I've been thinking a bit on how I could imagine this song in the live shows, and if you see it a bit broader, as in "being close to each other" and "dance together", maybe he will walk through the crowd for this song instead of Big Girl? I still don't find it very dance-able, but well, maybe Mika will show us the NOT-adults-only version of the Apocalypse Calypso dance in his shows. :teehee:

I'd rather imagine it as the opening song  after an "apocalyptic" intro . (kind of the rocket explosion of the Imaginarium tour )

And then a big party :yay:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, carafon said:

I'd rather imagine it as the opening song  after an "apocalyptic" intro . (kind of the rocket explosion of the Imaginarium tour )

And then a big party :yay:

Well, he can come in the crowd for the opening song if he wants. :naughty: But yeah, I also could imagine it kind of as an intro - remember the special version of Tiny Love with the rainbow curtain? Something like that, and then BAM! Party time! :lol3:

• Like 6

On 10/28/2023 at 12:35 AM, mellody said:

Aha, now that would (for me) be getting closer to "the most romantic song on earth", lol! :roftl:

I find it makes me want to dance and the babies I look after too and we party at my house with that song :wootjump:

I kind of cough when he says f♡♡♡  to censor it but it also means a kiss out of context so...

The tune is just too good not to get high  :rasta: and I sure do. The babies already loved c'est la vie but they prefer Apocalypse calypso. I remember when we were wondering how Mika would perform Boum Boum Boum then Tonorrow but he always finds ways. He never ceases to amaze :mikalove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 2:09 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

For the moment I have one feeling:

An erotic poetry. The French language sounds so well in love songs!

And Mika's voice sounds different.

As he said in the past (and I confirm it from my own experience) you sound different while using a different language. Even the body language is changing.

It's the same for me. When I speak English my voice is much lower. When I speak French my voice is softer and higher. 

It was the first thought I had listening to the song: his voice is so soft and bright,  almost feminine! And I love it!!!!

I quote, since the first listening.

The very first day I wrote here that I would write more about this touching Calypso.

You wrote exactly what I felt after the very first time I listened to AC: erotic poetry.

Not because I had in my eyes the two, "sa bouche, son dos", but "ma peau, ta peau, le ciel à flot", singing it in that way, maybe with eyes shut, it's a very sensual image, and pure love at the same time.

• Like 3

On 10/20/2023 at 3:10 PM, carafon said:

I first understood " une bulle obèse"  but I think I was just not ready for the truth :naughty::teehee:

Btw I also understood "defaits cette danse" instead of "tes fesses , elles dansent" 

:lmfao:no , you were not definitely ready :lmfao:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2023 at 7:44 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

It's a pride song and a very sweet love declaration too. (To life, to one's lover) This song is so genuine and Mika is not afraid of life anymore as he sings in C'est la vie and encouraging everyone not to be. He also says look at me in both songs that's another similarity

I'm so glad we have MFC and this thread because that song moves me at many levels and I cried joyful tears and stayed awake all night listening to it. and I could talk about it for hours.I do blush when he sings "b♡♡♡♡♡" ("f♡♡♡) but his voice is so beautifully sweet that yes it can be a love word too and he has dared to do it so I admire him for breaking that music bareer. 

yeah: the first time I listened to it, I thought it was a BBB more explicit.

"Quoi qu'ils en pensent des cons - équences" (I heard the word "conséquences" sung separately: des cons :badword: in French means "some a--holes", but maybe it was only me :doh:).

In BBB the same concept was in "et tous les bourgeois du 16e se demandent pourquoi je t'aime".:swoon:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Valmont69 said:

yeah: the first time I listened to it, I thought it was a BBB more explicit.

"Quoi qu'ils en pensent des cons - équences" (I heard the word "conséquences" sung separately: des cons :badword: in French means "some a--holes", but maybe it was only me :doh:).

In BBB the same concept was in "et tous les bourgeois du 16e se demandent pourquoi je t'aime".:swoon:

It would be such a pun :lmfao:I don't think it was meant this way but it is really hilarious...con can mean that and also a woman's private part in old French (I always wondered why...) 

Tne worst French words are concubin and concupiscence to that extend :lmfao:They are not rude unless you sit them and then they get very very bad :wink2: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/23/2023 at 11:10 PM, carafon said:

Now that we've got the lyrics , it's time to debate about all the small video details (and meanings of course ......) :naughty:.

That's made me smile because in French  "avoir le feu aux fesses" means having lot of sex 

The second meaning is being in a hurry . In this video , it could me a combination of both :naughty:

on b.png

I made a screenshot of this when I saw the video the first time, with the intention to warn my Mika friends the specific day when I ....

Kinda DO NOT DISTURB, it's TODAY!!!:cheer:

Don't laugh if you will see that on my FB cover :das:

• Haha 2