Apocalypse Calypso Tour setlist discussions

krysady

3 hours ago, carafon said:

I suppose he'll cut more than one french song in Amsterdam , Berlin and UK. 

Could be that he's testing step by step (or song by song) in multilinguage countries  ?

So let's see what the setlist will be in Geneva and Bruxelles :wink2:

He could have cut EMD or Banana, there's already a few songs with the same vibe, but 30 Secondes it is so so beautiful live! :wub2:  And it was the only song from the new album that it's really worth being heard by the world, since he doesn't perform Passager, neither Je Sais Que Je T'Aime, wich is a sacrilege! :tears:

Now probably it's not such a big deal for someone who attends several gigs and there's a chance to hear different songs, but when you go to only one... or maybe he's focusing on people who don't follow him regularly, and only know him for Big Girl, GK, Relax, LT, Lollipop and WAG :dunno:

57 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Would it do any good to have signs saying, "Please sing "30 Secondes"? 

Definitely! And ask him on social media as well :thumb_yello:

Edit: Maybe he's preparing a surprise and he'll perform the English version of 30 Secondes outside France :crossed:

Edited by krysady
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, krysady said:

He could have cut EMD or Banana, there's already a few songs with the same vibe, but 30 Secondes it is so so beautiful live! :wub2:  And it was the only song from the new album that it's really worth being heard by the world, since he doesn't perform Passager, neither Je Sais Que Je T'Aime, wich is a sacrilege! :tears:

Now probably it's not such a big deal for someone who attends several gigs and there's a chance to hear different songs, but when you go to only one... or maybe he's focusing on people who don't follow him regularly, and only know him for Big Girl, GK, Relax, LT, Lollipop and WAG :dunno:

Edit: Maybe he's preparing a surprise and he'll perform the English version of 30 Secondes outside France :crossed:

In my opinion he can leave EMD,BANANA and 30 SECONDS in the setlist and add JSQTA,PASSAGER.I mean more french songs for the tour no matter where he Is, and keep the other older,more played songs for the festivals.The french album is too good to  be cut of from the setlist.:wacko:

Edited by Liv1680
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, krysady said:

As for social media: "flooding", ( ;-) ) his twitter with: "Please INclude not EXclude (more) french songs"  ?  ; -)

As for the the surprise:  I thought he would do this with MAEP in Paris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liv1680 said:

In my opinion he can leave EMD,BANANA and 30 SECONDS in the setlist and add JSQTA,PASSAGER.I mean more french songs for the tour no matter where he Is, and keep the other older,more played songs for the festivals.The french album is too good to  be cut of from the setlist.:wacko:

I love the new album as well and it's a shame that some of the most beautiful songs are not on the setlist, indeed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liv1680 said:

I hope he includes another french New song for sb.

I'm afraid Mika is not including any new French songs in non speaking French countries this spring. :sad: I don't know if he is going to play Sweetie Banana in Bruxelles (as many people speak French there) and just forgot about it but besides of that I have small hopes. Doesn't mean Mika is never again going to sing Sweetie Banana but for this spring I've low expectations. And sorry for spoilers for people who don't know the setlist: Mika didn't sing "Moi, Andy et Paris" in Geneva yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

On 3/27/2024 at 5:29 PM, krysady said:

On 3/27/2024 at 7:25 PM, Liv1680 said:

2 hours ago, Mayli said:

I actually just got a question in my head when I saw your message here showing that he would not sing the songs from his new album lol 😂 cause every time he has tour, I thought its mainly to promote his new album so it's so normal to sing more songs from the new album? 

20 minutes ago, Prisca said:

I'm afraid Mika is not including any new French songs in non speaking French countries this spring. :sad: I don't know if he is going to play Sweetie Banana in Bruxelles (as many people speak French there) and just forgot about it but besides of that I have small hopes. Doesn't mean Mika is never again going to sing Sweetie Banana but for this spring I've low expectations. And sorry for spoilers for people who don't know the setlist: Mika didn't sing "Moi, Andy et Paris" in Geneva yesterday.

I've moved your discussions about the general tour setlist here, so we have them in one place.

Personally I agree that it's a shame he seems to want to throw out a lot of the French songs for the international gigs. He thought with his French album he wouldn't be able to tour internationally, and then he got all those gig offers - and now he wants to skip the French songs of the current album?! And no songs of MNIMH either, so except for the few new French songs he keeps (and Yoyo) it would be almost like the 2015 setlist again - why?! He did say in interviews that he wants to have a good mix of old and new songs, and I think that with Relax, GK, Big Girl, Happy Ending, WAG, AOW... there really are a lot of the old songs in there. So far the mix was ok, but if he really adds now all the songs that we heard him rehearse at soundchecks - Popular Song, Billy Brown, Rain, Lollipop, instead of some of the new songs, I really think that's too many old songs. If at least he added Tiny Love again instead... but well. Maybe I'm just worrying too much and he'll only replace 1 or 2 of the French songs. I'm sure he'll keep the title track Apocalypse Calypso (tho imo it's not one of the greatest songs live, but without playing the title track, the title of the tour doesn't make much sense I guess) and I assume also Bougez, it's such a great show opener! :lustslow:.

As for Sweetie Banana, I suppose he'll play it again at the postponed gig in Brest? Would be strange if he did a different setlist there than he had originally planned. Besides, I'm not too sad about him throwing out that one. Moi, Andy et Paris, I like it, but if Andy didn't like it in the first place that Mika wanted to play it live then it's a nice gesture of Mika to Andy to skip that one and I totally accept that. I hope he keeps Jane Birkin, it's addictive - and I hope he keeps 30 Secondes - he can sing the English version if he wants to have less French songs, I'd love that. Also I don't think he can skip C'est La Vie, it's kind of a key moment of the show and was his key moment of the French album.

As for Elle me Dit, he rarely played it for international audiences, so he can easily replace that one with another song. I assume he'll play it in Brussels, but maybe not in the UK. 

I guess tonight after Amsterdam we'll know more. :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Prisca said:

Mika didn't sing "Moi, Andy et Paris" in Geneva yesterday.

I read about that, maybe he only wanted to play it in France because it's about Paris? At least I hope he'll keep 30 Secondes :crossed:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

He really replaced C'est la vie with Rain. :tears: And no Vogue anymore either. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5HQIDGNZ0n/?igsh=cnQ3M3UxajU5OTc1 

And an English version of Bougez... well, that gives hope that he's doing the English version of 30 Secondes too. Did he really replace ALL of the French songs?!

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, mellody said:

He really replaced C'est la vie with Rain. :tears: And no Vogue anymore either. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5HQIDGNZ0n/?igsh=cnQ3M3UxajU5OTc1 

And an English version of Bougez... well, that gives hope that he's doing the English version of 30 Secondes too. Did he really replace ALL of the French songs?!

And Lollipop instead of Sweetie Banana! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Just now, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

And Lollipop instead of Sweetie Banana! 

Yes, just saw that too. Ok makes sense I guess, another "food" song. :naughty: I said I wouldn't miss SB, but tbh I had missed Lollipop even less. 🙈

Happy tho to see OOL back on the setlist. Did he skip AC for it?! As he's wearing the red suit...

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

All the french songs yes. :-(

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, mellody said:

What did he play instead of EMD?

Uups i mean all the new french songs are gone.EMS was played but without people on stage. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Prisca said:

They are so good live though :sad: iBut he always changes the setlist according to the country so more songs in English make more sense for the rest of the tour I guess and maybe he will sing songs in English we haven't heard in a while or French songs translated in English? He has so many albums and songs to chose from now :wub2:

Maybe fans can ask at the gigs with written messages for songs they wish to hear (either English or French ones) and see it that works :thumb_yello:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, mellody said:

Yes, just saw that too. Ok makes sense I guess, another "food" song. :naughty: I said I wouldn't miss SB, but tbh I had missed Lollipop even less. 🙈

Happy tho to see OOL back on the setlist. Did he skip AC for it?! As he's wearing the red suit...

I love OOL :wub2:

13 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Maybe fans can ask at the gigs with written messages for songs they wish to hear (either English or French ones) and see it that works :thumb_yello:

I plan this for Berlin.Did not make sense today as i was on the back of the venus  Because when i do not know the size of the venue like in Berlin i can not wait for that long before the gig bc of walking probs.Could not ask Andy to tell Mika because he was talking to some other people next to me he knew.

Edited by Liv1680
  • Like 1

When I heard the name of the tour, I immediately thought that Last Party it's the perfect song that would fit to the Apocalypse concept... I hope he will include it on the setlist, it could create a beautiful moment with some visual effects on that big screen. 

33 minutes ago, mellody said:

He really replaced C'est la vie with Rain. :tears: 

Nooo :tears:

Mika, it was supposed to replace Big Girl with C'est La Vie! :aah: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Liv1680 said:

Uups i mean all the new french songs are gone.EMS was played 

:facepalm:  

4 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Maybe fans can ask with messages for songs they wish to hear (either English or French ones) and see it that works :thumb_yello:

Yeah, I guess we can try that. I'm glad he kept Bougez, even if from the short snippet I saw I'm not sure I like the English text much, but at least the song is still there, and I might like the text too when I get to hear more of it. And if he sings 30 Secondes in English (did he?!) it's only Jane Birkin that I really NEED back on the setlist. Well, I'd prefer the others too instead of all those old songs. Especially also missing C'est La Vie. I mean, come on, I learned the lyrics of CLV and JB and know them much better than those of EMD! I'll forget them again til my next French gig, if I don't get to practise! 😅

1 minute ago, crazyaboutmika said:

If it has to be about food and in English  bring back Ice Cream 🍦 :wink2: 

:yeah:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mellody said:

:facepalm:  

Yeah, I guess we can try that. I'm glad he kept Bougez, even if from the short snippet I saw I'm not sure I like the English text much, but at least the song is still there, and I might like the text too when I get to hear more of it. And if he sings 30 Secondes in English (did he?!) it's only Jane Birkin that I really NEED back on the setlist. Well, I'd prefer the others too instead of all those old songs. Especially also missing C'est La Vie. I mean, come on, I learned the lyrics of CLV and JB and know them much better than those of EMD! I'll forget them again til my next French gig, if I don't get to practise! 😅

30 seconds in english==>>no he did not.:wacko::mad3::blink:

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, krysady said:

When I heard the name of the tour, I immediately thought that Last Party it's the perfect song that would fit to the Apocalypse concept... I hope he will include it on the setlist, it could create a beautiful moment with some visual effects on that big screen. 

Yeah, I also thought LP would fit perfectly.

You know, I think he just wants to get us all to travel to more of his French gigs. :lol3: I would, if it wasn't for all the talking in French that I find hard to understand... well, at least that is a thing I'm definitely looking forward to, to hear him tell all his sweet little stories in English and finally be able to catch the details. :wub2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Honestly, I'm sad about it and I don't quite get it - people knew that the new album is in French and they were still selling out the tour dates so why is Mika scared to sing the new French songs outside France (if all of them are really out)? 😔 Are we gonna get a festival setlist with Apocalypso stage props? Mika, mais pourquoi? 😭 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Vero Bott said:

Honestly, I'm sad about it and I don't quite get it - people knew that the new album is in French and they were still selling out the tour dates so why is Mika scared to sing the new French songs outside France (if all of them are really out)? 😔 Are we gonna get a festival setlist with Apocalypso stage props? Mika, mais pourquoi? 😭 

• Like 2

As for Italy in July . . .

The Lucca Summer Festival website says this:

"General sale lunedi’ 4 dicembre ore 10:00

L’ARTISTA  LIBANESE PRESENTERA’ LE SUE HITS E I BRANI DEL NUOVO ATTESISSIMO ALBUM USCITO OGGI"

(The Lebanese artist will present his hits and songs from his new long-awaited album released today)

I hope Mika sticks to his original plan.  If I'm not mistaken, he sang "Elle me dit" in Matera.

• Like 2

I wonder why Mika skipped Talk about you in Amsterdam. I mean, it's not even in French and I was so happy to see it on the setlist. I don't love QTTFT as much as most old albums but i would still have hoped for the new classics C'est la vie and Jane Birkin as they are also wonderful singalong songs for non French speaking audiences. However I'm very happy that Good Guys and Billy Brown are back :)

• Like 1