2024 - Mika @ Brighton Centre, Brighton, UK, 4 April REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

INSTAGRAM

mikainstagram story

𝐊𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐔𝐊 :uk:  𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 ! ❤❤🌟🌟

GKVrp0bbAAAkqoh.thumb.jpg.5caeb170add4a55ee80899cad55023d9.jpg

• Like 3

Can't wait to see what people have to say about the first UK concert of the tour! Very interested to know the setlist. I know so far that he sang Bougez but I'm not sure if it was English or French.

I'm sure Brighton gave him a warm welcome!!!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

TikTok

• Bougez
  • Talk about You
  • Origin of Love
  • Lollipop
  • Underwater
  • Relax
  • Big Girl
  • Billy Brown
  • Grace Kelly
  • Happy Ending
  • Love Today
Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

20240404_215817.thumb.jpg.aade81fcb9d0a74d4c496c9b8206ad38.jpgAbsolutely amazing evening. Brilliant atmosphere Mika was on top form and was outstanding from start to finish.

Felt totally connected to the audience. 

I was there 14 years ago at the last concert in Brighton (been to others since) always said it was the best concert ever, well tonight just topped that one. 

Roll on Kew and Pride 🎉🏳️‍🌈

Talking to people afterwards when leaving they all just loved it also 💞

I feel Mika is very popular in Brighton. 

Edited by Laudie
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

TikTok

• Bougez
  • Talk about You
  • Origin of Love
  • Lollipop
  • Underwater
  • Relax
  • Big Girl
  • Billy Brown
  • Grace Kelly
  • Happy Ending
  • Love Today

Elle ma Dit / Emily was in.

And We are Golden.

Good Guys.

Yo yo

And a song from the Frères du Désert soundtrack 

Would have liked to have Rain

Edited by Soaring Simpson
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Did he sing Jane Birkin? Or C‘est La Vie with the big Club Apocalypse (was it there?)? 

No, while it would have been nice to hear, tbh I wouldn't have wanted to lose any he did sing and the set worked perfectly for the audience. Given its been 14yrs since the last Brighton gig think the mix of older and newer English (mostly) worked for this event. Nothing was lost for them not being in it. There are now just too many amazing songs to use. 

Having been to several this one really worked on all levels

• Like 3

Hi! Could you say what time he came on stage? I am going to Wolverhampton tonight and I guess the set times for the UK tour dates will be similar. 

31 minutes ago, Lilibet said:

Hi! Could you say what time he came on stage? I am going to Wolverhampton tonight and I guess the set times for the UK tour dates will be similar. 

It was around 8.30/40. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laudie said:

No, while it would have been nice to hear, tbh I wouldn't have wanted to lose any he did sing and the set worked perfectly for the audience. Given its been 14yrs since the last Brighton gig think the mix of older and newer English (mostly) worked for this event. Nothing was lost for them not being in it. There are now just too many amazing songs to use. 

Having been to several this one really worked on all levels

Perhaps Mika will include French songs in London since the audience will be more international.

• Like 6

Setlist

According to https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mika/2024/brighton-centre-brighton-england-63aba6f3.html

• 1. Bougez ((English Lyrics))
  • 2. Origin of Love
  • 3. Talk About You
  • 4. Lollipop
  • 5. Feels Like Fire
  • 6.Underwater
  • 7. Relax (Take It Easy)
  • 8. Yo Yo ((R3HAB Remix))
  • 9. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) ((In the crowd))
  • 10. Elle me dit
  • 11.Good Guys
  • 12.Billy Brown
  • 13. Grace Kelly
  • 14. Happy Ending
  • 15. Love Today

Encore:

• 16. Any Other World
  • 17. We Are Golden
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shame not to have many French songs on the setlist but very happy to see Elle me dit and billy brown. After seeing how well the first uk show has gone I cannot wait for Dublin!

32 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Setlist

According to https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mika/2024/brighton-centre-brighton-england-63aba6f3.html

• 1. Bougez ((English Lyrics))
  • 2. Origin of Love
  • 3. Talk About You
  • 4. Lollipop
  • 5. Feels Like Fire
  • 6.Underwater
  • 7. Relax (Take It Easy)
  • 8. Yo Yo ((R3HAB Remix))
  • 9. Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) ((In the crowd))
  • 10. Elle me dit
  • 11.Good Guys
  • 12.Billy Brown
  • 13. Grace Kelly
  • 14. Happy Ending
  • 15. Love Today

Encore:

• 16. Any Other World
  • 17. We Are Golden

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Laudie said:

No, while it would have been nice to hear, tbh I wouldn't have wanted to lose any he did sing

If the setlist is correct, he just played one song less than in Berlin, so you wouldn't have lost any of the other songs for Jane Birkin. :dunno_grin: 

I wonder if maybe he tries out a song from his next English album instead, maybe in London... if we don't get any of the new French songs in the UK, that would be a nice alternative. 😊

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, mellody said:

I wonder if maybe he tries out a song from his next English album instead, maybe in London... if we don't get any of the new French songs in the UK, that would be a nice alternative. 😊

This would be amazing!!! Do you think he already has some songs ready? I haven't read anything about the album being close to being done just that he was working on it, so would love any insights you have, so exciting!!!

It looked like a wonderful show... 

• Like 1

Was Bougez completely in English or just the intro? I'd love to see a video if anyone has one 😊

1 hour ago, Eli19 said:

This would be amazing!!! Do you think he already has some songs ready? I haven't read anything about the album being close to being done just that he was working on it, so would love any insights you have, so exciting!!!

It looked like a wonderful show... 

I don't have any insights, just wishful thinking. :dunno_grin: But he did play unfinished songs before. Like Rain, we heard it live with the first verse sung twice.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Was Bougez completely in English or just the intro? I'd love to see a video if anyone has one 😊

Mixed of both languages 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SusanT said:

Perhaps Mika will include French songs in London since the audience will be more international.

I don't get why is he afraid of performing new French songs outside France? I'd prefer 30 Secondes or C'est La Vie instead of the old EMD.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, krysady said:

I don't get why is he afraid of performing new French songs outside France? I'd prefer 30 Secondes or C'est La Vie instead of the old EMD.

Well to be fair we (UK) did protest the last time he sang a French song, but that was because (a) he hadn't been in the UK for years and (b) it wasn't one of his best.  We probably wouldn't have minded EMD then.  But some of the new French songs are really good and the reception might be different this time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

TikTok

User celine_uk

( this user shares a lot of Mika's Brighton vids ! )

Bougez at Brighton

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1