The Martin Waugh Thread

meimei88

Maybe it's not Martin then, but his evil twin?

Well, he comes to service my AGA.............at least he is the spit of Martin so Ab and I have always been convinced he is his brother:naughty:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair enough:naughty: I have to say I am not over enthused about the idea but it takes a lot to drag Dave out these days and he has a thing about Ms Allen so I thought I would seize the moment:roftl:

I think I probably would have enjoyed it if I had gone, to be fair. Just preferred to stay in.

Fair enough:naughty: I have to say I am not over enthused about the idea but it takes a lot to drag Dave out these days and he has a thing about Ms Allen so I thought I would seize the moment:roftl:

say hallo to martin then

:mf_rosetinted:

and wish him good luck...

yes, they were a lovely and friendly band...but they were chosen for last tour, maybe Mika has something different in mind now...

i won't be that bothered if the band would change.

i'm sure we will get fond of new musicians as we were with them.

and it will be nice for someone to follow their new careers, the ones who can do it easily, going to new gigs and such.

Edited by robertina

Actually I don't think I will get attached to any new band like I did to the old band.

When we first saw Martin and co, this was also the first time I saw Mika and accepted them unconditionally.

Fortunately, they were always really nice to me whenever I met them, so it was easy to get a little attached.

Now we already know Mika and have this "relationship" with the band. I almost feel (rightly or wrongly) that if any are replaced, we should be consulted. :naughty:

I know this is not practical and is never going to happen of course but I know that I won't have the same rapport with any new band because we don't have the history with them.

And I never took to David Whitmey either, he was too much in your face and at the front of the stage, that's what we have Mika for we don't need members of the band there too.

Not to mention the "new" Relax, spoiled IMO and the gaffes heard during the summer gigs.

Actually I don't think I will get attached to any new band like I did to the old band.

When we first saw Martin and co, this was also the first time I saw Mika and accepted them unconditionally.

Fortunately, they were always really nice to me whenever I met them, so it was easy to get a little attached.

Now we already know Mika and have this "relationship" with the band. I almost feel (rightly or wrongly) that if any are replaced, we should be consulted. :naughty:

I know this is not practical and is never going to happen of course but I know that I won't have the same rapport with any new band because we don't have the history with them.

And I never took to David Whitmey either, he was too much in your face and at the front of the stage, that's what we have Mika for we don't need members of the band there too.

Not to mention the "new" Relax, spoiled IMO and the gaffes heard during the summer gigs.

I really can't be sure how I would feel. I definatetly feel that I am a Mika fan first and foremost. In all honesty, when Mika is on stage everyone else fades into insignificance. However, it has been good to be able to get to know them off stage and as you say , build up relationships. But, much as I was sad to see Luke go....and all the stuff that went with it was complicated, I only spoke to David once, at Nimes, but got on very well with him. I feel that I would be really really sad to see Cherisse go and I think she would be difficult to replace.

ah yes...different perspectives here...i'm too mika oriented, i must confess!:naughty:

and i feel all old stuff to be a closed chapter and good memories to be kept for ever....after such a long interval i'm ready for a thorough new one!

(apart from the main singer :mf_rosetinted:)

say hallo to martin then

yes, they were a lovely and friendly band...but they were chosen for last tour, maybe Mika has something different in mind now...

and it will be nice for someone to follow their new careers, the ones who can do it easily, going to new gigs and such.

I am sure I won't be hanging about...............Daves idea is straight in and out:naughty:

I don't see many fans getting attached to them because the relationship with the original band was built from the beginning. As you said, sort of on par with Mika in terms of Mika's fans getting to know them.

Now Mika is our boy and, rightly or wrongly, the introduction of new band members always feels like a bit of an intrusion.

Mika is playing bigger and more formal gigs and the band won't be as available to mingle with the fans as they were back in 2007 when everyone got the chance to chat with them, even have a drink with them.

I don't see many fans getting attached to them because the relationship with the original band was built from the beginning. As you said, sort of on par with Mika in terms of Mika's fans getting to know them.

Now Mika is our boy and, rightly or wrongly, the introduction of new band members always feels like a bit of an intrusion.

Mika is playing bigger and more formal gigs and the band won't be as available to mingle with the fans as they were back in 2007 when everyone got the chance to chat with them, even have a drink with them.

Yeah I guess we were a bit spoiled with the old crew, Particularly Luke, Martin and Cherisse.

Well honestly,at this point maybe I wouldn't be that bothered either. I mean we got hit with a change already,and I doubt it can get worse :mf_rosetinted:

I'd really hate to see Cherisse go tho,she brought a lot to the show. She had some contagious energy there and she's a fab drummer

I feel lucky to have discovered Mika at his beginnings,and managed to go to a somewhat early gig. But well...it's very likely to change.

The whole band thing was pretty unique. I don't know what other artists band gets the treatment Mika's band got. I'm pretty sure it was a cool thing for them too.

I'm with you on the history with them part

I enjoyed the gigs 4 times more because of the band (and Sara,she's the 4th,just to clear that up)

But things happened,and that kinda ruined the whole deal for me.It was the beginning of the end to put make it sound very dramatic.

If Martin moves on,so be it. I'd rather prefer other people moving on,but I'm not the one making the choices.

If I'm going to another Mika gig I just hope I won't get hysterical band members and raining rain and rain and rain all the time

I miss '07 .... shiffle shniff

Yes just think, you'll have Martin all to yourself! Lily's fans won't be vying for his attention like Mika fans do :naughty:

And I think it goes without saying there's a much greater chance Lily is going to make it to Oz in the nearish future than Mika.

Yay for me! :das: I can only hope that the Lily fans are chasing after her long enough for me to stalk Martin...

I am going to a Lilly Allen concert, but only because my hubby is a fan.............not becasue I am stalking Martin..

BTW.................just an observation, but Martin doesn't seem to have his wedding ring on in this vid

Stalk him... you know you want to... and find out for us if he plans to keep working for Mika...

I noticed that too.. I just assumed that I couldn't see it...

say hallo to martin then

Maybe he does... I just hope it's an in between albums sorta gig...

Now we already know Mika and have this "relationship" with the band. I almost feel (rightly or wrongly) that if any are replaced, we should be consulted.

Same here... I'm attached to the old band cause it's the one time I saw Mika... that and I was on Martin's side cause he's awesome!

It's a bit difficult to get attached to David so far, especially since he really hasn't done that many gigs with Mika...

I really can't be sure how I would feel. I definatetly feel that I am a Mika fan first and foremost. In all honesty, when Mika is on stage everyone else fades into insignificance. However, it has been good to be able to get to know them off stage and as you say , build up relationships. But, much as I was sad to see Luke go....and all the stuff that went with it was complicated, I only spoke to David once, at Nimes, but got on very well with him. I feel that I would be really really sad to see Cherisse go and I think she would be difficult to replace.

Cherisse is impossible to replace! I doubt there is anyone that can play the drums as well as her!

I hope it's small and intimate in Oz if he comes back... considering he has to re-acquaint himself with the public, it should be...

I better go tell MegPL about the vid then...

Yay for me! :das: I can only hope that the Lily fans are chasing after her long enough for me to stalk Martin...

Stalk him... you know you want to... and find out for us if he plans to keep working for Mika...

I will have my hubby with me..............I will have to pretend that I am a well behaved person:wink2:

Well, there's no speculation in the fact that he's playing with Lily now. The only speculation is about whether he's still with Mika when he tours. Oh, and whether Mika does tour.

well, I surely trust mika will tour at some point..! :shocked: WHEN is the trouble.. :boxed:

I've been very sad to see luke go as, like many posted, we have had some contact with him and he is a really nice ansd friendly person, unlikely many show biz people, for a reason or another. same goes for mika, that goes without saying. that's not his thread anyway :mf_rosetinted:

i'd be very sad to see other band members go as well: one for instance is martin, but it's likely it'll happen and I'm afraid we cannot do much but get used to the fact as an artist develop, his career choices, his sound even changes and if those things match our tastes, we'll stay (like every fan do for his/her own celeb), otherwise some of us will move to other fandoms, along the way.

as much as we are attached to big M, our attachment roots to his temperament and his persona. if either of them changes (most likely 2nd..), some of us may not feel that attracted to him musically and personally anymore. pls, try and get what i mean and not misinterpret it as mere phisical attraction.

oh ! good find christine!

wow! i always thought he'd be the constant one in mika's band.

that really makes me think about the acoustic tour now. i always figured that martin would be there... he always is during the acoustics sessions.

i suppose it doesn't mean that he won't be there.

maybe martin was only with lily because it was an acoustic session?

oh ! good find christine!

wow! i always thought he'd be the constant one in mika's band.

that really makes me think about the acoustic tour now. i always figured that martin would be there... he always is during the acoustics sessions.

i suppose it doesn't mean that he won't be there.

maybe martin was only with lily because it was an acoustic session?

He was with her at other gigs too, guy.

He was with her at other gigs too, guy.

oh! :blink:

i guess i missed that. where they all acoustic gigs?

i haven't checked up on lily for a while. i think she has a single coming out in february though.

i always thought martin and mika had such a great connection on stage.

their voices went so well together.

i see that some of you have left messages on his myspace... did he answer anyone?

I had thought Martin would be an essential part of acoustic gigs, at least… :shocked:

Maybe will, still… Who knows?

mika-main-square-33.jpg

Maybe he got sick of dressing like that. To be honest, to me it would be one thing dressing in animal costumes at the end, but completely another to be dressed as a clown throughout the gig.

I think it's kind of demeaning, considering his talent.

Maybe he got sick of dressing like that. To be honest, to me it would be one thing dressing in animal costumes at the end, but completely another to be dressed as a clown throughout the gig.

I think it's kind of demeaning, considering his talent.

You think this costume was imposed?