MIKA eyes eurovision entry

Lollipop

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

He shouldnt do it unless he wants his career to be over.........

It does have a bad rep. in the UK though because no one actually votes for us [everyone hates us...........except for good ol' Ireland who sometimes give us like 3 points...........!!]

Lordi won last year, they ruled. I was well excited wen i heard they were going in cause i liked em for years wen they werent really famous!!!!

But Mika!! PLEASE DONT DO IT!!!!

oh god I bet he was joking and being flippant, and now everyone's going to report it everywhere, and he will be sitting with his head in his hands either marvelling at what he has created or mourning for when news used to be newsworthy and wasn't just quotes taken out of context.

Eurovision did used to be great though, genius pop music... my favourite ever is Poupee de Cire Poupee de Son by France Gall, and you have to love Abba. and even Bucks Fizz, y'know, Katrina and the Waves... who did that Puppet on a String song? that was brilliant!! Eurovision goes back to all that really melodic pop doesn't it. but it used to be kitsch just because it was really poppy music, rather than kitsch in a let's-go-really-beyond-camp-with-a-worthless-song-and-dance-routine nonsense.

is Lebanon even in Europe? I guess it's sort of near Turkey, right, and Turkey's half in Europe...

Lebanon is situated roughly southeast of Turkey, near Syria and Israel. Part of the Middle East.

Countries have to be a member of the EBU (European Broadcasting Union) to join the song contest, but among them are a few non-European countries: Israel, Morocco, Tunesia, Armenia for example.

Err.. Not really happy about the whole idea of Mika in Eurovision.

For me Eurovision is just a political show with sucky songs and (mostly) sucky musicians :thumbdown:. But oh well, if that's what he wants, what can we do :boxed:.

Lebanon is situated roughly southeast of Turkey, near Syria and Israel. Part of the Middle East.

Countries have to be a member of the EBU (European Broadcasting Union) to join the song contest, but among them are a few non-European countries: Israel, Morocco, Tunesia, Armenia for example.

yes, exactly, sort of near Turkey.

how do they pick said non-European countries though?

oh dear, Justin Hawkins is making me feel a bit sick on this potential UK entry... he is actually just wailing isn't he... wow nausea. I'm all about Switzerland for this year... Vampires Are Alive... Popbitch is full of Youtube links to brilliant (in an ironic way, whether knowingly or otherwise) potential Eurovision entries.

sorry I'm going off topic a bit... yes I think Mika had his tongue firmly in his cheek. I like to think anyway.

nonononononononononononono

ok so i havent read the whole thread, but eurovision is the DEATH of artists nowadays, it's a JOKE!!the whole show is a JOKE and if Mika went on it i'd send him a letter asking him not to and some money so he could go and see a psychiatrist to help him out of thinking he should go into it!!

*Mika flies to Finland. "I'm gonna take part in Eurovison!".....nicole comes running.."Noooo, hun...I live nearby...come and visit me instead:wink2: "....next time they saw Mika somewhere in Estonia....(hopefully not in the woods, if you get what I mean, Jodi):naughty::blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Well I think it is fine if he wants to, its a risk as could be seen as very uncool, but he is so unique maybe he could pull it off. And when he doesnt win, because the voting is so corrupt:naughty: we can all complain and get the judges kicked off and get some on who are their for the music rather than what ever it is that they are there for now:boxed: Although that would ruin the 'spirit' of the contest:naughty: :roftl:

You'd have to kick a hell of a lot of people to make a difference in the results, everything's decided by televoting (for your nearest and dearest neighbour of course) :yay:

Mwahahaha I'm gonna vote for my dear neighbour Sweden this year :wub2:

Anyway if the artists don't take themselves too serious and think they're gonna win it all and make the world a better place by doing it, then it can't be that bad for their image (I hope :crybaby:)

Mika in that kind of show??? NOOOOO!!!! :sneaky2::boxed:

I think peoples won`t even get the point of his song... :thumbdown: no really, cause the biggest part of peoples are so obsessed with the stereotypes all around us (in music for an example). Mika MUST be different! He is! We all know that don`t we? ..cause that`s the reason why we love Mika sooo much :wub2:

how do they pick said non-European countries though?

Hmm, don't know... It must be written somewhere on the official Eurovision site, but I couldn't find it. Israel is in it since 1973 anyhow.

I found some information on Wikipedia, but I have learned not to trust Wiki too much. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurovision_Song_Contest

By the way on this map you can clearly see the location of Lebanon: it's the purple coloured country.

I am slightly intrigued... I guess it's just, y'know, maybe it's within certain latitudes and longitudes. and, I mean, Lebanon does have a Mediterranean coast which kind of includes it in that whole little Mediterranean area which is mostly European... or something... OR SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW.

I really do know where Lebanon is though, really. don't worry. I got a GCSE in Geography.

*Mika flies to Finland. "I'm gonna take part in Eurovison!".....nicole comes running.."Noooo, hun...I live nearby...come and visit me instead:wink2: "....next time they saw Mika somewhere in Estonia....(hopefully not in the woods, if you get what I mean, Jodi):naughty::blush-anim-cl::naughty:

You don't say "Mika" and "Finland" in a same sentence or Im gonna explode! :roftl: :roftl:

have to say i find the story a bit unlikely...sounds a bit far-fetched, no? I mean the Take That tour turned out to be press speculation with no real basis in fact...makes a good story tho! Somehow I just can't see Mika subjecting himself to Terry Wogan's onslaught!

but take that *did* end up touring...:wink2: