MFC MOTHERS' CLUB: Mothers who love MIKA

Blue Sky

There might even be new moms for 2008! *wonders if there's any expecting mothers out there in MFC land*

-One things for sure, this mommy (me) sure ain't makin' any more babies! :blink:

Has Mika been a busy boy :shocked::fisch: :fisch: :naughty:

Anyway, for those who haven't read back through the entire thread (myself included!) quick recap I am Jolene, I live in Perth, Western Australia, have a 4 year old boy named Bailey and a 3 tear old girl, Mackenzie.

I have no time management skills lately, and I struggle to try and find time to look after kiddies, work full time, look after the house (:bleh:) and most importantly find time to be on here!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi!! :biggrin2: can I join? I'm a mum to 2 girls Isabelle, 5 and Sophia, 3. :thumb_yello: who are both off school sick at the mo! :thumbdown:

Hi Seren and welcome you are #52!! Hope your girls get well soon.

I just had ANOTHER senior moment. My computer types Japanese and English (coz I live in Japan) and Seren is a name in Japanese too. I added your name into the list on the first page as せれん。 Changed it to English now, but now you know how to write your name in Japanese.

I have 3 kids, boys 13 and 8 and a girl who is 10. They are ALL bouncing off the walls at present, instead of going to bed. AAAH 10pm and I still can't get my uninterrupted MFC time:boxed:

:original: oh wow! you learn something new everyday! :biggrin2:

Hope your kids calm down soon so you can get some MFC time! :thumb_yello: xx

TV!!!

Nick Jnr on pay tv, or a movie! :thumb_yello::naughty:

(stuff the traditional way of reading them a story....:thumbdown: )

JOLENE!!

How can you say that???:shocked:

Truth is...

I gave up the stories ages ago! They amuse themselves fine. Oscar is flying lego jets round and round upstairs, one is off to bed, the other is hogging the bathroom (teenagers!)

They will NEVER go to bed if I don't get off here and have a wee yell.:cool:

JOLENE!!

How can you say that???:shocked:

Truth is...

I gave up the stories ages ago! They amuse themselves fine. Oscar is flying lego jets round and round upstairs, one is off to bed, the other is hogging the bathroom (teenagers!)

They will NEVER go to bed if I don't get off here and have a wee yell.:cool:

Bailey would lie in front of the tv for hours on end if given the choice- sometimes I have gone into the room thinking he was asleep and he was still watching tv! But at least it is semi-educational- the kids were turning the light switch "on" tonight and they said something which I asked to be repeated and Kenzie says "apre" (sp?) and I quiz her (the only spanish word I know!!) on what that word actually means and she turns to me with a look on her face and says "open, its from Dora: :shocked::roftl: She's just turned 3!!!

Thank you, Blue Sky!

I lived in Japan for a few years, my 9 year old was born there. I miss it.

I have to say, Grace Kelly was a great learning tool in our house. My youngest loved the song so I printed the lyrics out to have him follow along to practice his reading skills!:roftl:

Whilst dvd's and the computer are big in our house, we are not really t.v. watchers, but we are all book mad. There are about six bookcases of varying sizes in our house and we still don't have enough space. Our 11yr old still gets read to at night (age appropriate stories of course, well, novels actually, a chapter at a time) and gets really upset if his punishment is not being read to that night. I was actually worried while I was pregnant with the 2 1/2yr old "OMG what if she's not into books like the rest of us?" No worries, she is. Actually my son has Asperger's Syndrome and books are his "special obsession".

Whilst dvd's and the computer are big in our house, we are not really t.v. watchers, but we are all book mad. There are about six bookcases of varying sizes in our house and we still don't have enough space. Our 11yr old still gets read to at night (age appropriate stories of course, well, novels actually, a chapter at a time) and gets really upset if his punishment is not being read to that night. I was actually worried while I was pregnant with the 2 1/2yr old "OMG what if she's not into books like the rest of us?" No worries, she is. Actually my son has Asperger's Syndrome and books are his "special obsession".

My daughter is 14 and I still read to her! But now, she's informed me that the book we are currently reading together will be the last book she wants me to read aloud to her (thank goodness, it's long). I understand... But it's been great reading to my kids all these years. It gave me a chance to read some of the childrens' classics I missed out on and also to learn a lot with the children.

Hum, I am a mother in law , elisabeth is 24 years old, she made me know Mika and now i am , how to say ," Mikaddict".This young lady is living far away from me but all the family and friends and people at work are joking about me.

No matter, i followed a little part of Mika's tour this year and i 'll do the same next year!!!

It' s a surprise , i can't really understand what happened to me ,it's not a middle age crisis, but i met so many nice people and enjoyed myself, so , no matter what they think!!!

Hum, I am a mother in law , elisabeth is 24 years old, she made me know Mika and now i am , how to say ," Mikaddict".This young lady is living far away from me but all the family and friends and people at work are joking about me.

No matter, i followed a little part of Mika's tour this year and i 'll do the same next year!!!

It' s a surprise , i can't really understand what happened to me ,it's not a middle age crisis, but i met so many nice people and enjoyed myself, so , no matter what they think!!!

Good for you!

My Mum is in her sixties and she like Mika. She's annoyed I didn't ask her to go with me to his concert on Monday. (Truth is, I'm 38 but I'd still get that embarassed-daughter-feeling if she saw me drooling over Mika :roftl: )

Mikalove does not recognise age :biggrin2:

I was telling my 11yr old that Mika was coming to Australia last year and asked him if he wanted to come with me to a concert. (A few days before I'd asked if he considered himself a fan and he said no, but then proceeded to tell me all the songs he liked and how much he liked them). I was a little hesitant about asking him, cos I want to be able to behave like a fan and not like a mother and I'm not sure if I would freak him out a little bit if he saw me carry on that way. Anyway, he said he would like to come..."provided Mika doesn't play with his hair". Mika not play with his hair?? He touches his hair all the time. Looks like son won't be coming with me:biggrin2:

I was telling my 11yr old that Mika was coming to Australia last year and asked him if he wanted to come with me to a concert. (A few days before I'd asked if he considered himself a fan and he said no, but then proceeded to tell me all the songs he liked and how much he liked them). I was a little hesitant about asking him, cos I want to be able to behave like a fan and not like a mother and I'm not sure if I would freak him out a little bit if he saw me carry on that way. Anyway, he said he would like to come..."provided Mika doesn't play with his hair". Mika not play with his hair?? He touches his hair all the time. Looks like son won't be coming with me:biggrin2:

i took my two sons to my first mika gig in Milan, they were 8 and 12.

they enjoyed the gig, they were so good in the queue...but, when mika came out and we were there with him, the elder became quite annoyed, because i had eyes only for mika and not for him (the younger was already sleeping in our car with my hubby).

this is my experience...after then, they would not go with me any more...and i think one gig is enough!

i took my two sons to my first mika gig in Milan, they were 8 and 12.

they enjoyed the gig, they were so good in the queue...but, when mika came out and we were there with him, the elder became quite annoyed, because i had eyes only for mika and not for him (the younger was already sleeping in our car with my hubby).

this is my experience...after then, they would not go with me any more...and i think one gig is enough!

Aww...your sons are such good boys. I haven't taken my kids yet... My kids would never have the patience for queuing - I would have to bring a ton of activities just to keep them from whining! :naughty:

There's no way I would bring toddler girl even though she is already a Mika fan, just too dangerous. My son would be O.K. so long as we had a book. Something big and thick that he hadn't read before (he reads so fast, he practically inhales books). And he'd probably sit himself down on the ground and be quite content and even oblivious before about 10 minutes had gone past. Sometimes I'm soooo thankful books are his passion.

My problem is that tickets in Japan are so expensive. At $120 a pop I cannot possibly take 3 kids!!

They would go in a flash though, and queues are part of life here (90 minutes a Disney ride at Tokyo Disneyland) so they would survive!:naughty: