Leeds University ---- Shocking

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Good Morning Sivan, glad you eventually went to bed!

Good morning Sivan:biggrin2:

morning! im getting sick....argh...

sneezing and my throat is weird...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes really I am in bed and not still on the pc!!

I just rang up the venue and because the law has changed they have to provid disabled acess. The thing was if you sat in your chair you had to look througha glass screne and they had put strings of lights up which obstructed the view a bit but not too bad so I stood up and held on tho the barrier but my energy reseves have been depleted now had about 6 hours today. so might not be on for a while but don't care if i really hurt and have to rest meeting MIKA (sorry guys!) was the best Birthday present ever. So will prob miss my real bday on the 25th but then who cares already had it!!

xx

i think u set for a birthday present for 5 years ;)

I just rang up the venue and because the law has changed they have to provid disabled acess. The thing was if you sat in your chair you had to look througha glass screne and they had put strings of lights up which obstructed the view a bit but not too bad so I stood up and held on tho the barrier but my energy reseves have been depleted now had about 6 hours today. so might not be on for a while but don't care if i really hurt and have to rest meeting MIKA (sorry guys!) was the best Birthday present ever. So will prob miss my real bday on the 25th but then who cares already had it!!

xx

So Glad you had a great time! Hope you soon feel better x

xx

Just take as long as you need to recover. I was wiped out for 4 days after I went to Fife to make the tartan trousers for Mika - sore and exhausted - but worth it!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!! :thumb_yello:

Thanks Sivan , we had been planning this for months , awful shame ., although now I have Mika and Cherisses signature:biggrin2:

go on MSN!

Don't know about the Barrowland but a lot of the standing venues do have small areas for wheelchairs. But it seems to be a mixed bag. My other half has broken his foot and is on crutches. For the Birmingham Academy it was just a case of ringing to book him a space in the viewing area. Luckily for us there is a space available (plus a seat for a 'carer' too ... which had Simon been registered disabled, we could have had a free ticket for the carer :thumb_yello:). We also have standing tickets for Wolverhampton Civic Hall to see Pet Shop Boys next week, and when I phoned there I was advised that they have an area for wheelchairs but it has a really restricted view.

We've certainly being seeing the world differently these past couple of weeks ... and it ain't much fun :thumbdown:

I dont think we realise how hard it is when we dont have full use of our legs etc!! Not a nice time - some places dont want you in because you get in the road!!! :blink:

Thanks Sivan , we had been planning this for months , awful shame ., although now I have Mika and Cherisses signature:biggrin2:

hey freds,

such a shame it all went terribly wrong...though look at the bright side of things...you now have a wonderful signed piece of writing by both, mika and cherisse, they will both make a fuss of you in birmingham and you will be in rocking up high somewhere...and soon you weren't want to chat to us any more.....

see you in birmingham, when you get to go backstage, take us in tow...!!you will love thursday, they 'll make up, trust them!!!

Oh gosh, this is terrible! I'm so sorry for everyone who couldn't get in! :( :(

I must compliment everyone on their composure, though. I would be in hysterics and throwing things and possibly vomiting from the hysterical crying. So, you all deserve a big thumbs up for being so mature! :thumb_yello:

I just finished reading the thread (very quickly). My God! This is really sad! I'm soooo sorry for you! :(

Freddie you'll see him on thursday

you'll have a great time :wink2:

I just finished reading the whole thread to, made me upset to read about how nasty and rude some people can get :mad3: Glad it all got sorted out and that you'll see Mika on Thursday :thumb_yello:

Oh! you'll have a great time.

Right now I'm speaking with my mum trying to convince her to let me go to Stockholm on friday. he'll be there. I've never seen him, good I want to!

Yeah trying to get Monshi to go with me *prays she can* That would be awesome, you guys get to see him on Thursday and we on Friday :biggrin2:

Mika is all over the place, poor baby a whole week of touring non-stop :blink:

Hope he will get some rest after that and recover if he's still ill

Joyous.gif

Hi Guys it was great to meet you all last night. I have been thinking about the phone call mystery. :insane:

Here is my theory, when he spoke to us i don't think he knew anything about you lot not getting in and he wanted to call a happy bouncy party, after he heard about what happened maybe he wasn't sure what kind of reception he would get.

Just a thought.:blush-anim-cl:

xx

So glad u had a good time !!! And take care and rest and get well soon !!! :biggrin2:

Yeah trying to get Monshi to go with me *prays she can* That would be awesome, you guys get to see him on Thursday and we on Friday :biggrin2:

Mika is all over the place, poor baby a whole week of touring non-stop :blink:

Hope he will get some rest after that and recover if he's still ill

Joyous.gif

still trying to sweet talk my mum :bleh:

I thought about Mika, the poor thing, he really is in a different country every day... :blink:

hope he's not ill :boxed:

Hi Guys it was great to meet you all last night. I have been thinking about the phone call mystery. :insane:

Here is my theory, when he spoke to us i don't think he knew anything about you lot not getting in and he wanted to call a happy bouncy party, after he heard about what happened maybe he wasn't sure what kind of reception he would get.

Just a thought.:blush-anim-cl:

can you tell us more about this mystery phone call ? do you really think that it was mika who called ya ? did he have your phone number :shocked: ? i'm jealouzzzzzzzz :mf_lustslow:

"Thanks for all your love and support"! NOBODY DIED! you people need to take some responsibility for your behaviour on the night and stop trying to be some kind of heroes, hard done to and victimised.

You were all absolutely wasted!!

You remember the girl in the blue that took a photo of you all? My friends and I were stood next to them, we were all disgusted and embarrassed for you all! You really do need to stop this whole victim thing now, you have nobody to blame but yourselves...the security were just doing their job and a b****y good one at that!

"Thanks for all your love and support"! NOBODY DIED! you people need to take some responsibility for your behaviour on the night and stop trying to be some kind of heroes, hard done to and victimised.

You were all absolutely wasted!!

You remember the girl in the blue that took a photo of you all? My friends and I were stood next to them, we were all disgusted and embarrassed for you all! You really do need to stop this whole victim thing now, you have nobody to blame but yourselves...the security were just doing their job and a b****y good one at that!

I think you really need to look at this situation carefully ...

You have several fan club members here that have supported Mika , just cause we were dressed up and having fun doesnt mean we were WASTED !!!

Im really not going to get into a slanging match here ....

If you were the one that complained then fine ... the place was dead , there was NOBDOY hardly in there , if there was an issue in there the barstaff should of said something , they never , they kept serving us , there really wasnt an issue .

Im used to a situation where ... if a bar is not happy they talk to you!!!!!

Not ban us from the gig , it was wrong :thumbdown:

No I wasn't the one to complain but I do know that there was more than 1 complaint, It wasn't just about you being wasted it was some of your group being abusive to some of the students. you need to get a grip and actually admit that you were in the wrong? Takes a big man to admit, a weak man to blame everyone else.

By the way, you already kind of dropped your mates in it by saying "the newcastle lot were drunk but you werent" Loyal? no! Trying to extricate yourself from the situation? Yes!

I'm not getting into a slanging match about it, this will be my last post on the subject, people on here should be aware of the situation and stop behaving like someone died!

What!!! .....

If I saw that situation I would of said , "hey we have an issue here and we were so drunk" but that wasnt the case ... , I never saw it and remember there was a large crowd of us and everyone has posted here and everyone couldnt believe it ...

Some people were abusive to student that wasnt seen either ......

Why did I mention newcastle ... because ... I was saying in that situation I could of understood as people WERE drunk and were admitting it

Ill close the thread down , I think everyone has had an input and there is no need for personnel attacks .....

BTW I see you have just joined , have only posted in here and its all attacks ... interesting ..

:thumb_yello: hey freds

keep calm and a cool head, well done for staying and copimg with the situation.in hand...i admire your newly found patience!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb_yello:

you will always have diffferences of opinions and so there should be, that's what makes a place so interesting and diverse, in the leeds senario...what might have seemed merry, excitement and waiting in anticipation to you could have been seen threatening and harmful to the doormen....you all were wronged and that is a fact, some of you had come a long way...this thursday will be magical for you.....

Im totally calm and appreciate the comments of cupboard I do and the reason is I do is that the whole crowd of us went to the concert and were banned , the shock and suprise from me was unreal , so an outsiders point of view is always good.

So I really can only comment from my point of view ..... had we had a few drinks - yes , were we mortally drunk - no , were we dressed up and having a good time - yes .I for definate didnt see any abuse towards students , that would be totally wrong and out of order.

But going to a concert dressed up and having had drinks Im sure many of us have done that :wink2:

I just want to put the whole thing behind us , support Mika and have fun:thumb_yello: