The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

there are so many things that are going throught my mind and I just had to stop, slap my self in the face and say...ITS IN 2 MONTHS WOMAN!

I dont even know how im going to get around while im over there...im not a huge fan of public transport, especially busses...I have a fear of them, not the busses themselves but the passingers that get on the bus, Its not a phobia cos I still use busses but I get really anxious and totally freak out when anyone sits behind me! go on...call me a freak!

Lyonah I think I already told you the story of why im scared of buss passingers...the incident with the firearm in auckland scared me for life!

ok I better go, my computers doing funny things not saving things I tell it too and stuff and i must get up early and check my money has cleared!

its going to be so weird, being the first time out of new zealand and all! but im kinda happy that im not the onlyone from the kiwi land crashing the ausie party!

You're not a freak, it would scare anyone :huglove:

Yeah, lets face it, they steal all our good stuff so we crash their parties!

Fair deal in my opinion :shun:

:das:

You're not a freak, it would scare anyone :huglove:

:das:

fair deal, except we all know australia crashes our parties too and for sure they would if mika came here instead of there!:thumb_yello:

fair deal, except we all know australia crashes our parties too and for sure they would if mika came here instead of there!:thumb_yello:

Yep :wink2:

Finally, she comes to the party! :mf_rosetinted:

I got up at 6:30ish and was about to go to the Aussie thread and say "WAKE UP AUSSIES and come be excited with me!!! :boing:

But not EXCITED excited - More like curious, only a little excited seeing as excitement, I have learnt, leads to shattered dreams.

I am excited with the face of Neil from the Petshop boys :das:

Oh yeah and now we're one up on the Aussies because we're up EARLIER than them when it's really kind of their show!

Edited by Lolliepop_girl

Yep :wink2:

I got up at 6:30ish and was about to go to the Aussie thread and say "WAKE UP AUSSIES and come be excited with me!!! :boing:

But not EXCITED excited - More like curious, only a little excited seeing as excitement, I have learnt, leads to shattered dreams.

I am excited with the face of Neil from the Petshop boys :das:

Oh yeah and now we're one up on the Aussies because we're up EARLIER than them when it's really kind of their show!

Im excited and nervious and ive been up for a while trying to sort out my money...I is happy cos my ticket money has finally made it into account!

I know, trust the forgeners to be earlier than the citizins man! then again its only like 6.44am where they are! they should start waking up any moment now! but I guess for those who got presales its just another day!

omg My dad almost got arrested for bringing me furniature... for serious! WTF?

Edited by RosinaKiwi

Im excited and nervious and ive been up for a while trying to sort out my money...I is happy cos my ticket money has finally made it into account!

I know, trust the forgeners to be earlier than the citizins man! then again its only like 6.44am where they are! they should start waking up any moment now! but I guess for those who got presales its just another day!

OOOOH that's right!

I forgot we're 2hrs AHEAD not behind...

But ar't we only 1hr ahead ATM?

How'd he manage that???

OOOOH that's right!

How'd he manage that???

no theyre 3 hours behind us right now! its currently 6:08am for sidney right now!

I dont know how it works that he was almost arrested, my building is a security building, and cops around my area are STUPID! my dad passed a small table through the window, and then when he was bringing chairs in the front security door they got out and said "oii what do you think your doing" :boxed:

no theyre 3 hours behind us right now! its currently 6:08am for sidney right now!

I dont know how it works that he was almost arrested, my building is a security building, and cops around my area are STUPID! my dad passed a small table through the window, and then when he was bringing chairs in the front security door they got out and said "oii what do you think your doing" :boxed:

Oh my gawd! :hair:

Flight center are REALLY unhelpful if you ring them. JUST SO YOU KNOW!

My mother said she'll have to check their website tonight which may mean I have to miss out!

AAAH! Why does the universe hate me! :crybaby:

Wow, the police in your neighbourhood ARE stupid...

My mother said she'll have to check their website tonight which may mean I have to miss out!

Wow, the police in your neighbourhood ARE stupid...

Flight center sucks! I prefer to do it myself! ive looked on different airline sites and air nz right now Flights return from auckland is $458.90 including stupid charges!

jet star is a no frills bring your sandweges kinda thing but its only $361.00 return!

I know your cant come from auckland but if its that price from auckland then its probably more stopover from wellington!

Flight center sucks! I prefer to do it myself! ive looked on different airline sites and air nz right now Flights return from auckland is $458.90 including stupid charges!

jet star is a no frills bring your sandweges kinda thing but its only $361.00 return!

I know your cant come from auckland but if its that price from auckland then its probably more stopover from wellington!

I'm an idiot: WHAT is a stopover?

I called again and got someone who wasn't completely INCOMPETENT and she said the cheapest was Pacific Blue with $600 abd that included everything that wasn't departure tax (which isn't much at all).

Where are the links to these pages you see?

How is it that I come from a family of people who get things done and who have been around the world and all that tosh and you who have not been out of the country, are doing better than I am? :roftl:

Because je suis un idiot! :doh:

I called again and got someone who wasn't completely INCOMPETENT and she said the cheapest was Pacific Blue with $600 abd that included everything that wasn't departure tax (which isn't much at all).

How is it that I come from a family of people who get things done and who have been around the world and all that tosh and you who have not been out of the country, are doing better than I am? :roftl:

a stop over means that sometimes you catch a plane from wellington and land in auckland before you travel to sidney!

depends on the days your looking at, im looking at the 22nd to the 27th but I dont know how long you want/can stay!

I found out about jetstar from house of travel

http://www.houseoftravel.co.nz/home.htm

and its jet star which is this one

http://www.jetstar.com/nz/en/index.aspx

NOTE it doenst have in flight entertainment and no free food but its cheaper than the rest!

air New Zealand here

https://flightbookings.airnewzealand.co.nz/isbook_en_NZ/book/searchForFlights.do?utm_source=Air+NZ+Fare+Finder&utm_medium=Fare+Finder&utm_campaign=airnewzealand.co.nz&

thats my search and for that week!

by far the cheepest has been jetstar and I dont mind brining my own sandwages as long as I get there and back!

Im a master of google! thats all i can say...google did the rest!

Edited by RosinaKiwi

a stop over means that sometimes you catch a plane from wellington and land in auckland before you travel to sidney!

depends on the days your looking at, im looking at the 22nd to the 27th but I dont know how long you want/can stay!

NOTE it doenst have in flight entertainment and no free food but its cheaper than the rest!

air New Zealand here

https://flightbookings.airnewzealand.co.nz/isbook_en_NZ/book/searchForFlights.do?utm_source=Air+NZ+Fare+Finder&utm_medium=Fare+Finder&utm_campaign=airnewzealand.co.nz&

by far the cheepest has been jetstar and I dont mind brining my own sandwages as long as I get there and back!

EXCELLENT!

Thanks and I don't mind not eating at all seeing as you know what I'm like.

Marvellously, I have maintained roughly the same weight as I was when I was 13. 3hrs isn't much of a stretch for me :wink2:

there are so many things that are going throught my mind and I just had to stop, slap my self in the face and say...ITS IN 2 MONTHS WOMAN!

I dont even know how im going to get around while im over there...im not a huge fan of public transport, especially busses...

its going to be so weird, being the first time out of new zealand and all! but im kinda happy that im not the onlyone from the kiwi land crashing the ausie party!

Chillax woman!!!

I don't know about you, but I'll be mostly using trains or walking...

We don't mind you guys crashing our party... we'd crash yours anyway!

Good point :naughty:

Wai, we haven't stolen flight of the conchords... yet :teehee:

For sure!

I'm not gonna get up at 4:30 my time! :boxed::shocked:

It's good that you have your money!

Nah... we're not exactly early risers... :teehee:

That's just bloody weird..

OOOOH that's right!

Nope, 2 hours...

It doesn't hate you...

It just dislikes you immensely... the universe just likes screwing around with me... I was able to go, but I got a job last week... not that I'm complaining about getting a job, it just doesn't work well with Mika..

You shouldn't need a stopover... at least I don't think you do...

I thought you could fly from Wellington to Syd... :blink:

air New Zealand here

Jetstar aren't too bad when it comes to price...

I've seen the prices they had on the menu, really pricey!

Im not sure what to do now

I clicked the best sounding delivery option which aparently is not reccomended for overseas delivery. but I cant do the pick up option thing either because my father is the one who has brought the tickets and he cant affort to fly out to get the tickets and they wont give them to me because its his name on the credit card!

this is so complicated! im emailing them to see if they will change the way its sent or to where it is sent but yeah...crossing fingers!

Nope, 2 hours...

It doesn't hate you...

It just dislikes you immensely... the universe just likes screwing around with me... I was able to go, but I got a job last week... not that I'm complaining about getting a job, it just doesn't work well with Mika..

Jetstar aren't too bad when it comes to price...

I've seen the prices they had on the menu, really pricey!

3 hours actually...daylight savings!

the food is unbelevably expencive...thats why they allow you to bring our own food, provided you eat it on the plane and dispose of it before getting out!

EXCELLENT!

Thanks and I don't mind not eating at all seeing as you know what I'm like.

Marvellously, I have maintained roughly the same weight as I was when I was 13. 3hrs isn't much of a stretch for me :wink2:

That's not fair..

Though admittedly, if I was the same weight I was when I was 13, I'd be anorexic...

Im not sure what to do now

I clicked the best sounding delivery option which aparently is not reccomended for overseas delivery. but I cant do the pick up option thing either because my father is the one who has brought the tickets and he cant affort to fly out to get the tickets and they wont give them to me because its his name on the credit card!

this is so complicated! im emailing them to see if they will change the way its sent or to where it is sent but yeah...crossing fingers!

If you want, you can send to my address... PM me if you do...

EDIT: Never mind... I'm not the "card holder" so they might not send it to me...

Edited by nico_collard

Wai, we haven't stolen flight of the conchords... yet :teehee:

I'm not gonna get up at 4:30 my time! :boxed::shocked:

It doesn't hate you...

Pfft, only because the Americans beat you to it! :bleh:

Why not?

I would :das:

Are you not coming? :tears:

IDK if Welly even HAS Jetstar. I can't believe Flight center though! They told me the only airlines doing Well-Syd were AirNZ, Quantas and Pacific Blue!

And that first woman was so unhelpful I felt like I could have dug my nails into my neck and torn my own head off, slowly, from it's socket in the neck JUST to make it a slight more easy to deal with the stupid woman!

AAAARG!

That's not fair..

Though admittedly, if I was the same weight I was when I was 13, I'd be anorexic...

EDIT: Never mind... I'm not the "card holder" so they might not send it to me...

It so IS fair!

I work for what I have and I work for all the places it stays and goes! (ie my ass is big, my waste is small and I have slightly chunky legs - NOT FAT - muscular at the bottom and well shaped... I'm a historical figure but I was a curvy 13y/0 and I'm still a little curvy now :wink2:

Ima slay the next smart@%% who says I look like Norah Jones though :furious:

That's not fair..

LUCKY! Im the same height as I was when I was 13 so...I wish I was the same weight but ya we all know how that goes!

Ill see if I can change it, and If I can ill be grateful if I could send it to you!

oooh... so it's... *counts* 10 to 1 for you, right?

exactly

Pfft, only because the Americans beat you to it! :bleh:

Why not?

I would :das:

Are you not coming? :tears:

IDK if Welly even HAS Jetstar. I can't believe Flight center though! They told me the only airlines doing Well-Syd were AirNZ, Quantas and Pacific Blue!

And that first woman was so unhelpful I felt like I could have dug my nails into my neck and torn my own head off, slowly, from it's socket in the neck JUST to make it a slight more easy to deal with the stupid woman!

AAAARG!

Very true... You do realise that the Americans will probably do a remake and ruin it...

I know you would... but you're just weird... :bleh:

I'm a maybe... I got a job, and I don't know if I can get any time off to come... at the very least I might be able to drive to Sydney straight after work... it does mean I have to leave very early in the morning...

Thay's just weird... and it seems stupid people are everywhere... I had to deal with a stupid person when I was getting my laptop fixed...

It so IS fair!

I work for what I have and I work for all the places it stays and goes! (ie my ass is big, my waste is small and I have slightly chunky legs - NOT FAT - muscular at the bottom and well shaped... I'm a historical figure but I was a curvy 13y/0 and I'm still a little curvy now :wink2:

Ima slay the next smart@%% who says I look like Norah Jones though :furious:

Alright... i don't exactly work hard, so maybe it is fair...

Oookay then... but do you look like Norah Jones?

Anyways, I better head pff and have a shower... I'm still sitting in my pyjamas!

Very true... You do realise that the Americans will probably do a remake and ruin it...

I know you would... but you're just weird... :bleh:

I'm a maybe... I got a job, and I don't know if I can get any time off to come... at the very least I might be able to drive to Sydney straight after work... it does mean I have to leave very early in the morning...

Thay's just weird... and it seems stupid people are everywhere... I had to deal with a stupid person when I was getting my laptop fixed...

Alright... i don't exactly work hard, so maybe it is fair...

Oookay then... but do you look like Norah Jones?

Anyways, I better head pff and have a shower... I'm still sitting in my pyjamas!

Yeah and then they'll go "Oh! You stole our idea!*

Not weird, obsessed :fangurl:

You should do what I'm planning to do and fake a death in the family (I have xams the same week).

What happened with your laptop?

Judge for yourself. I was 10 when I had this taken and in my opinion I look the most like Norah Jones in this than anything else but I DON'T THINK I DO!

But lots of old ladies tell me I do...

http://twitpic.com/jfkrr

Ooooh that's what that was... :roftl:

so it would appear indeed the only airlines servicing the well-syd is AirNZ, Quantas and Pacific Blue! they were correct in this. $600 though?

im not sure where theyre getting the $600 from.

on pacific blue website it says that Return from wellington will cost you $546.00 tax included

so, unless flight center want to charge you mega bucks for the fact they click a little butten instead of you I dont see where the rest of the money goes!

the odd thing about pacific blue is I dont understand why but you have a stop over in brisbane! dont ask me why it seems kind a pointless but whatevers! you change over at brisbane on the way in!

it might depend on the dates you want to travel! so search for your dates here http://www.flypacificblue.co.nz/?CMP=KNC-gbrandnz&HBX_PK=pacific+blue+nz&HBX_OU=50

and here http://www.houseoftravel.co.nz/home.htm

Im a master with google, and I guess saving money comes from being a tight ass lol! (i live on a benifit...im poor)

Edited by RosinaKiwi

so it would appear indeed the only airlines servicing the well-syd is AirNZ, Quantas and Pacific Blue! they were correct in this. $600 though?

im not sure where theyre getting the $600 from.

on pacific blue website it says that Return from wellington will cost you $546.00 tax included

so, unless flight center want to charge you mega bucks for the fact they click a little butten instead of you I dont see where the rest of the money goes!

the odd thing about pacific blue is I dont understand why but you have a stop over in brisbane! dont ask me why it seems kind a pointless but whatevers! you change over at brisbane on the way in!

it might depend on the dates you want to travel! so search for your dates here http://www.flypacificblue.co.nz/?CMP=KNC-gbrandnz&HBX_PK=pacific+blue+nz&HBX_OU=50

and here http://www.houseoftravel.co.nz/home.htm

Im a master with google, and I guess saving money comes from being a tight ass lol! (i live on a benifit...im poor)

I get $515 for House of Travel (Pacific Blue and I'd like to depart 23 and come back on the 25).

Maybe they did want to charge a phenominal amount. I'd like to tell that first woman a thing or two!

Sorry but she really got to me! :furious:

From HOT I get $526 for a direct flight and 2 flights I get seperately (both one way but one each way so it makes up a return if that makes sense) add to $516.06... That's a funny number! :bleh:

I get $515 for House of Travel (Pacific Blue and I'd like to depart 23 and come back on the 25).

Maybe they did want to charge a phenominal amount. I'd like to tell that first woman a thing or two!

Sorry but she really got to me! :furious:

From HOT I get $526 for a direct flight and 2 flights I get seperately (both one way but one each way so it makes up a return if that makes sense) add to $516.06... That's a funny number! :bleh:

who knows I might end up staying shorter time too...depends how the money goes. so...what? they were going to charge you over $50 commission for the use of their services! thats a bit over the top!

I would be irritated to, all they do is basically the same as I did and then charge you for them doing it! (I wanted to be a travel agent when I was a kid...can you tell) but booking on website or directly off the airline is so much cheeper than using an agent!

its weird that you should have to go through brisbane to get to sidney though!

Im think im going to need a camera! I have my video camera I mean a snapshot camera! I might just buy a disposable waterproof camera! [/brainfart]

Next thing on to do list...PASSPORT!